Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

28-Mar-09: Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi, UAE - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/V

Ab

девочка
Coldplayer
WOW! :dead:
I thought the thunder storm would blow up that concert but I stand corrected, it made it EVEN MORE AWESOME! :stunned:
But I'm guessing we won't see much pix from that gig, everyone on Flicker says they didn't bring their cameras obviously cuz the rain would have damaged them!
Hey guys how can i change my display picture ?
CLICK! :tongue:

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
WOW! :dead:
I thought the thunder storm would blow up that concert but I stand corrected, it made it EVEN MORE AWESOME! :stunned:
But I'm guessing we won't see much pix from that gig, everyone on Flicker says they didn't bring their cameras obviously cuz the rain would damage them!

CLICK! :tongue:
Seriously off-topic...

But OMG your siggie :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

/off-topic :embarassed:

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
oh my god, chris speaking arabic :bomb: :wideeyed:

if i had been there, my heart would have stopped :dead:. this seemed like quite the concert :nice:

i want to find moooore clips of him speaking arabic :bigcry:

peyton88

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Awesome!!! Somehow the rain made the concert more memorable! I wish the S'pore was at outdoor, maybe like Fort Canning Park! I miss the guys so bad! I wanna see them perform again

Dfit00

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Awesome!!! Somehow the rain made the concert more memorable! I wish the S'pore was at outdoor, maybe like Fort Canning Park! I miss the guys so bad! I wanna see them perform again

Lovely guys!

I am sure that the boys will be bringing by new setlists and feelings toward the new outdoor gigs.

cold_love23

Lauren
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUP8yTnS7aI"]YouTube - Yellow - Coldplay in Abu Dhabi[/ame]

another video of yellow

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IahbxRfcu7U"]YouTube - Lovers in Japan - Coldplay in Abu Dhabi[/ame]

lovers in japan

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQAxRlHRYAE"]YouTube - Coldplay Live Abu Dhabi March 28th 2009 - SPECIAL PERFORMANCE pt.1[/ame]

green eyes :heart:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6xdWPqvJr4"]YouTube - Coldplay in Abu Dhabi 2009 - green eyes accidentally in love medley[/ame]

I'm a believer.. in the dark :lol:

lidi_k

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
wow, a great show with lightning and rain, so cool!
what an unforgettable night to Coldplay and the audience,
i wish i was there to dance and sing in the rain!

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
Fort Canning has TERRIBLE acoustics :thinking:

coldplay12

Mr, ColdplayCorner himself
Coldplayer

March 29, 2009
Driving to Abu Dhabi on Saturday night to watch Coldplay perform, the roads were wet, huge clouds loomed in the distance and lightning lit up the sky. What were we doing going to an outdoor concert? For any other band it may have been a different story, but this was Coldplay and so there was no turning back. It was a seriously moody night, but entering the Abu Dhabi city the rain cleared and we breathed a sigh of relief.
The venue was packed and a sea of excited faces waited for Coldplay to get up on stage. The Brit band opened with ‘Clocks’, an old favourite that got the crowd roaring. Frontman Chris Martin was sat on the piano playing that distinctive piano riff to a mass of screaming fans.
Minutes later the inevitable happened, the heavens opened and it rained but, to our amazement, the crowds didn’t run for cover. There was an electric feeling in the air and people screamed, cheered and danced through the rain. The band followed shortly after with ‘Yellow’, another great nostalgic song.
Chris Martin was as charismatic as ever on the night, he stopped between songs to have a little banter with crowd and even managed the odd Arabic word.
Highlights of the night included; a performance in the dark for Earth Hour – fans were asked to light up the stage with their mobile phones and everywhere you turned all you could see was a multitude of blinking lights. A blinding performance of ‘Politik (Open Up Your Eyes)’, an entire stadium signing along to ‘Viva La Vida’ and butterfly-shaped confetti bursting into the air nearing the end of the night.
As we drove back from Abu Dhabi drenched and happily exhausted, we sighed and realized that it’s not often out here you see such an energetic crowd of people at a concert and such a stellar performance by a truly gifted band. Of course, there were the odd teeny-bopper trios insisting on pushing past you but even that couldn’t ruin the night. Coldplay were ace.

icedude2010

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The writing in the background of that last picture (on the big screen in the back) looks like the writing they used to project on the wall during Swallowed in the Sea!