Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

28-Feb-2009: Burswood Dome, Perth, Aus - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Jayzo

♥ under the Osaka ☀
Coldplayer
Gah, Min, your camera is so so good at concerts its not fair :cry:.

setipkecil

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Miiinnnn!! Chriss!!! so glad i met you all there ;)
nice pics you got Min, and nice review too!!
will post mine soon,.... gotta go to work now

givelovesolong

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Incredible pics, Min.

Glad you both had an amazing time. Really can not wait 'till tomorrow! :D

sonicvision01

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
the above videos i took from the front row during the perth show on 27/2! Had the most amazing time. Second time i've seen them live. both spectacular.

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
Aww thanks all for the comments on the photos :shy:
Gah, Min, your camera is so so good at concerts its not fair :cry:.
I like this camera :D It's seen me through a couple of concerts already.
Miiinnnn!! Chriss!!! so glad i met you all there ;)
nice pics you got Min, and nice review too!!
will post mine soon,.... gotta go to work now
:D Our meeting was so random :laugh3: If you hadn't had queued up behind me we wouldn't have started talking :lol:
Incredible pics, Min.

Glad you both had an amazing time. Really can not wait 'till tomorrow! :D
It'd be your turn to report back to us ;)

setipkecil

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:D Our meeting was so random :laugh3: If you hadn't had queued up behind me we wouldn't have started talking :lol:
Min, i have few of jonny's pic :laugh3:, will try to post it soon :kiss::kiss:
cant wait to hear your review on ur next concert, please send my kisses to guy *lol*

Pris

Oh, to be that bass.....
Coldplayer

Wow! Awesome!
That looks soo pretty :wacky:
I want it as my desktop wallpaper :D
ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! That must have been the best frigging night of my life!

Pardon me if I'm not very coherent, I'm still on cloud nine :D

I was holding up a sign that said 'Jonny is my Guitar Hero' to the dismay of Chris beside me :laugh3:. The guy working the video camera told me to hold it up and he took a shot of it :lol: Chris saw it during the ending of Violet Hill and he winked at me and gestured to Jonny. I tried hard to get Jonny's attention, the people beside me helped as well, but it was only after DAAHF when they were leaving the stage before the encore that he say it. He smiled so sweetly at me :heart:

*takes a breath*

How AWESOME is that :dance:
That is amazing Min!!! :dance:
So glad you had a good time, and yayyy for setlist and getting Chris' & Jonny's attention :wacky:
OOOOOH yes, something to note guys.

The new jackets. They bring them out for the encore on a clothes hook stand, and they put them on in front of us :D!!!
That sounds interesting :wideeyed:

Congrats on getting a setlist!! :D
The video I took, awesome quality on my computer, mobile phone quality once uploaded, grr...will sort it out tomorrow! Heres a photo tho...

Alright guys, I am off to bed!!! Will post loads more pics and stuff over the next 2 days but for now I leave you with this...

Night!
Your pics are soo cool and so close!!! :bomb:
Absolutely amazing :stunned:
A very quick post before I head to work...

I touched down in Singapore about 3am yesterday and I managed to get up an hour earlier to look through my photos... Lots of them which looked perfectly fine on my camera were very blurry on my computer :sad: so these are the best pics I took.

Me and another Coldplayer setipkechil (I'm the one with the cap :D)

My banner being draped on a yellow umbrella :p
Awww... Min you look so pretty & happy :nice:
I've got the DAAHF tee aswell :p
Thank you so much for that :sweatdrop:

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Kings of rock deliver in spades

Some bands just know. They know they’re good. There’s no need to shout about it because every note they play shows you.

Coldplay kicked off their Australian tour with two shows in Perth at the weekend carrying the attitude of kings. They weren’t remotely arrogant, simply owning an undeniable understanding that they wear the rock’n’roll crown and put on a mighty show to prove it.

Decoder Ring warmed up an already expectant room but Mercury Rev gave us a glimpse of the magnificence awaiting. The five Americans were a perfect precursor with their atmospheric and moody rock which shares much in common with cult heroes The Flaming Lips.

Holes, People Are So Unpredictable and Opus 40 were part of a set which very calmly grabbed you by the throat, but it was their closing cover of Talking Head’s Once In A Lifetime which was sinister and very cool.

Coldplay couldn’t have found better backing singers if they tried — the all-ages massed Perth choir of 18,000 was impressive and didn’t let up all night. Whether you were cuddling your sweetheart, rode in on a Harley, were there with your family, were one of the beautiful people or looked like a surf-hippie, everyone united effortlessly and every song received ecstatic approval.

As a frontman, Chris Martin is fascinating to watch. Like Mercury Rev’s Jonathan Donahue, he doesn’t overtly play the sexy card but there’s something utterly beguiling about both of them. Their lack of predatory sexuality naturally draws you in to become part of this delicate and complex musical fabric.

Coldplay worked hard for more than two dozen songs and the audience repaid the love. The four never sat still and presented one of the most creative shows I have seen with a rock-pop set list which spanned style, emotion, differing delivery and genre-hopping, much like their multi-million selling Viva La Vida.

The highlights were numerous from the military beat of Violet Hill to the beautiful Clocks, a signature song which owns that unquantifiable something which just makes you love it. Yellow, accompanied by yellow balloons, sent the crowd wild and they were no less willing for Strawberry Swing, Lost, Politik, Fix You, Lovers In Japan and 42 which included Martin’s self-confessed Mariah Carey vocal moment.

Their new album’s title track, Viva La Vida, was the pinnacle of it all. Waking us from the softness of The Hardest Part, the kettle drums pounded in an anthemic and exhilarating celebration.

It’s hard to be loud and soft at the same time, but Coldplay have mastered the nuance. Volume can be loud, music can be aggressive without turning into hard rock and somehow the message can be sweet and poignant.

Their shabby revolution chic outfits were a nod to the new regime as the band left the main stage twice to play amid the audience, the second time up in the gods with acoustic guitars and harmonica. The first song didn’t work so well but Speed Of Sound sounded like an original demo before young drummer Will Champion played national steel for a quick country-infused I’m A Believer.

They came back for an encore — The Scientist and the second half of Life In Technicolor — which didn’t quite end the show with a rush of blood to the head like Viva La Vida had produced, but there was still plenty of energy to carry it through.

An almost touchable frisson pinged through the crowd as the venue emptied. It’s like everyone felt they were covered with stars and took that back into the world with them, if only for a little while.

It was impossible not be impressed by this spirited and uplifting show. As the most powerful band in rock’n’roll today, Coldplay defied gloom and gave us a little more of what we all really need: hope. Viva La Vida indeed.

http://www.thewest.com.au

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
Aww, that review was great :D Put a huge smile on my face :D