[25-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Toyota Center, Houston, Texas, USA

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
looks like ill be buying over priced floor seats, CP is the best band in the world, I need t be up front. I wish it was GA
Yeah. We picked Chicago to buy the pricey stuff. Gotta do it for 1 show. And we got like row 6, so those on Stubhub would have 10 times the inflated Ticketbastard price.

sa_spurs_tx

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Saw a decent offer from craigslist.org.. $150 each for Section D row 10... I bought them.. Gonna keep looking for closer seats though... So how far do you think the X stage extends too..? Stops in Section B or extends into Section E?

nobetternoworse

no don't lose your trust
Coldplayer
Ahhh. I was really disappointed with the seats I got, but I figure with the B/X-Stage they shouldn't be so bad. I'd have an elevated view of the extended stage!

Sec 113, Row 16. Anyone near me?

They were $20 less than the $99, so I figured I'd save a little bit of money with these. Was looking for a pair, had the hardest time getting anything on the floor. I wonder how many seats were lost to the X-Stage? I figure that's why it was even harder for non-VIP to get those.

Ahh shucks. It will be a solid show, either way, anywhere! Hoping to volunteer with Oxfam again as well.

ImLovingGuyBerryman

poopity poop
Coldplayer
My parents got our tickets, section 118, can't remember the seat numbers. Seems so random cause it's one of the two stick skinny sections on the side haha. I hope we're at least near the front of that section.

Mikejpss

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Got 10 tix

I bought 10 tickets thru the AmExpress presale on Monday 12-12-11 just after the box office opened. There was a 4 day presale for AmExp card members at ToyotaCenter.com....Then a 1 day LiveNation presale if you had the password ... I am a LiveNation member but did NOT GET a passowrd, good thing I had an AmExp card.......
I was able to buy 4 seats in section 123, 4 seats in section 103 and 2 tickets in section 118......forgot the row / seat numbers..... Took all day b/c I had to make 3 different transactions (4 seats per transaction)...I was able to get all the $99 seats that quickly turned into $120 seats with all the add-ons..
I am taking my grand daughters, my daughters and my daughters-in-law (9 total) to the show, this is our 6th show and my 7th show along with my youngest daughter. We became fans together (Sarah and me) in 2003 (?) when Coldplay wasn't known much ,they came to the Sanger Theatre in New Orleans,Louisiana where she and I went to see them. Since, we haven't missed a show. This will be our 4th Coldplay show in Texas, we live in and near Baton Rouge, La.......You guess it, I'm an old fart- 58 years old and can rock with the best of you young whipper-snappers. Look for us at the show,we'll probably arrive by stretch Limo (again) like the last show at Toyota Center....One thing I promise you is that all my girls are excited and looking forward to this show, as well as I .....see you there. :cool:

Mikejpss

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Scalping

One thing I was sad to see during the ticket sale was that on Monday 12-12-11 , by dark that night there were about 100 tickets for this show on eBay. Scalpers. People making money, just to be making money. AmExp was suppose to be a way for the fans to get good tix but instead it also serves as an avenue for others to try and scalp for a $$... This to me is disgusting.
I saw $99 ($120) tickets on eBay going for $3,000 for a group of 4 tix. I hope they don't sell and the buyer has to eat them. In Texas you can NOT show up at the venue and sell them outside the theatre....
Fast check last night there are over 400 tickets on eBay for this show........:\

golfing7861

High fivin' Chris
Coldplayer
Could anyone give me some info on volunteering with Oxfam? Like is it before the show? What do you do? I'd love to volunteer :)

titansfan690

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If anyone has a floor ticket in section D on row 10 near seat 7 I would trade a Row 7 ticket for it plus a fee if asked.

Or, if someone has a floor ticket in section D on row 7 (any seat is fine) I would trade a Row 10 ticket for it plus a larger negotiable sum.

Thanks in advance!

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
Can anyone here tell me which is the fastest and cheapest way to get from Dallas to Houston and viceversa? HUGE THANKS!

nobetternoworse

no don't lose your trust
Coldplayer
@the_escapist

There is a Greyhound line that runs from Dallas and Houston, vice versa. Check greyhound.com. Some quick checking got me $36 ticket one-way, Dallas to Houston. Check the Dallas thread and see if there is anyone road tripping to Houston from Dallas for the show as well.

@Mikejpss that's awesome! What a way to celebrate the concert!

L

LiquidSky

I missed this! Argh! Now, I either gotta wait for the june26 sale or get someone from here sell me some for june25. Anyone?????

June25 is sold out

sa_spurs_tx

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Question for everyone who has been to a show at the Toyota Center with the current seating configuration:

Where does row 1 start on the floor sections? Facing the stage, does it start on the left or the right?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Mikejpss

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I missed this! Argh! Now, I either gotta wait for the june26 sale or get someone from here sell me some for june25. Anyone?????

June25 is sold out
The June 26 sale is on now. Go to 'toyotacenter.com" for sale of tix.:)

golfing7861

High fivin' Chris
Coldplayer
Does anyone know if section B will be behind the x stage, or it'll be at the sides of it? Thanks

nobetternoworse

no don't lose your trust
Coldplayer
*Bump* Show's in less than a month y'all!

@TheEscapist, not sure if you're still looking for a cheap way to get to Houston, but Megabus (us.megabus.com) just introduced their Texas lines! Dallas to Houston for $1!

golfing7861

High fivin' Chris
Coldplayer
19 days can't wait to go! Anyone know where section B is? Is it going to be behind te x stage or to the sides of it? I'm curious to see where I'll be.

nobetternoworse

no don't lose your trust
Coldplayer
19 days can't wait to go! Anyone know where section B is? Is it going to be behind te x stage or to the sides of it? I'm curious to see where I'll be.
Judging from this layout (Verizon Center in DC), I think Houston's should be pretty similar.

Assuming 1-6, translates to A-F, it appears Section B is pushed back some by the B-Stage. Shouldn't be a bad spot at all.

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
*Bump* Show's in less than a month y'all!

@TheEscapist, not sure if you're still looking for a cheap way to get to Houston, but Megabus (us.megabus.com) just introduced their Texas lines! Dallas to Houston for $1!
Thanks! I already bought Greyhound though! For a lot more money, sadly!

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
can't wait for this show! Coldplaying meetup, anybody?

Does anybody knows in which hotel the boys will be staying?

Thanks!