Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

23-Dec-08 - Belfast, Odyssey Arena - Meetups, Review/Photos (originally 18 Dec)

Denise

Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
Coldplayer
I'm gonna leave a present to the Jonny lovers in the Dublin thread :nice:

Chavi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
*runs off to the other thread* Berrylovers love Jonny goodies as well :D

coldpatrix

I Ran Away rules
Coldplayer
Denise i love you! Can i say it? Today i could directly say to you but i was completely kidnapped by your speeches about these three fucking amazing gigs!

BelfastBoy

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Those are some nice pictures, thanks for sharing :)

I think the no filming/picturing rule is really pointless. Let people make a hard copy of their memories, what's the big deal?
Sorry to hear that people got hassle from over-zealous security. Unfortunately the Odyssey staff have a reputation for being rather killjoyish (is that a word?), but I personally had no problems with recording. Maybe it was because I was in row 52 rather than up at the front, but everyone in my area was filming away without any problems whatsoever. Indeed, I was very pleased to get the following songs in pretty much complete form:

In My Place
Fix You
Clocks
Viva La Vida
Lost
Death Will Never Conquer-Green Eyes-Jingle Bells
Lovers In Japan
The Scientist
Life In Technicolor II

If I had any way of posting these, I would, but the files are very large (smallest 78mb, largest is 600mb, 2.35gb in total) - glad I invested in a new memory card before the show!

Anyway, I really enjoyed my first Coldplay concert. It was a great experience, the band were really loose and up for it, and I was very impressed. As an added bonus, I was especially thrilled to hear LIT II. Hopefully there'll still be tickets available for Phoenix Park whenever my credit card clears in a few days!

Denise

Coldplayer
Ok so, I won't go on about the trip from dublin to belfast and the time spent in the city center.
We arrived at the Odyssey at 5 more or less, so I was sure they were already inside. Went to the box office to collect my ticket then we went around the venue to see were each numbered entrance was (when in fact the numbered ones were once already inside the venue :laugh3:). We passed some gates, and at the last one we found three people there waiting..something suspicious was going on, they looked at us, we looked at them, we knew they were waiting for the band, it was too obvious.
After not so much time someone from the security came at the gate, they were talking through some device, prolly with the band's van driver and we caught "they're arriving":D
We didn't have to wait too much, their vans arrived and we showed them the banners.
Now I tought they were going to close the gates and we would see them far gettin off and run into some door in the arena..but I was wrong.
They stopped right there at the entrance.
The first one to get off was Jonny, he seemed happy to see some people waiting for them and was all smiles, took a pic with me, signed some stuff the other gave to him and then went inside a door :nice:
At that point my neurons were not working too well :laugh3::laugh3:
My friend called my name and I turned to see Guy coming over, I didn't faint, not screamed, don't worry, I never do it when something like this happens, I was just happy to finally meet him. He was smiling as well, he got I was the one with the CoW banner, I asked if they were ever gonna play it and he said "we don't even remember how to play it"..mean Chris, he was joking then :angry:
Anyway, in that moment I couldn't care less..we took a pic and my friend did the same then the other three people asked him for an autograph and then we talked to Will, who was so nice to ask us where we were coming from and thanked for "coming all the way" too see them.
They were all so great, but unfortunately were a bit in a hurry, so we didn't have much time to chat with them.
Just when they were going I saw Phil and called him, he asked where we already met, and I pointed out it was the day before in Dublin, and then he remembered and laughed :lol:
Phil if you're reading, thank you :)

I don't have anything signed, tough I had brought some cd covers with me, but I really could have not asked for more: Coldplay love ya all, I don't know if I was super lucky, but I'm more prone to think it's just them who are super nice with fans :nice:
Oh and also many thanks to the woman from their security for letting us meet them.

Ok pics..I cut myself off because I look shit..they're all much better to look at, a gorgeous band that is :wink:

Pris

Oh, to be that bass.....
Coldplayer
Ok so, I won't go on about the trip from dublin to belfast and the time spent in the city center.
We arrived at the Odyssey at 5 more or less, so I was sure they were already inside. Went to the box office to collect my ticket then we went around the venue to see were each numbered entrance was (when in fact the numbered ones were once already inside the venue :laugh3:). We passed some gates, and at the last one we found three people there waiting..something suspicious was going on, they looked at us, we looked at them, we knew they were waiting for the band, it was too obvious.
After not so much time someone from the security came at the gate, they were talking through some device, prolly with the band's van driver and we caught "they're arriving":D
We didn't have to wait too much, their vans arrived and we showed them the banners.
Now I tought they were going to close the gates and we would see them far gettin off and run into some door in the arena..but I was wrong.
They stopped right there at the entrance.
The first one to get off was Jonny, he seemed happy to see some people waiting for them and was all smiles, took a pic with me, signed some stuff the other gave to him and then went inside a door :nice:
At that point my neurons were not working too well :laugh3::laugh3:
My friend called my name and I turned to see Guy coming over, I didn't faint, not screamed, don't worry, I never do it when something like this happens, I was just happy to finally meet him. He was smiling as well, he got I was the one with the CoW banner, I asked if they were ever gonna play it and he said "we don't even remember how to play it"..mean Chris, he was joking then :angry:
Anyway, in that moment I couldn't care less..we took a pic and my friend did the same then the other three people asked him for an autograph and then we talked to Will, who was so nice to ask us where we were coming from and thanked for "coming all the way" too see them.
They were all so great, but unfortunately were a bit in a hurry, so we didn't have much time to chat with them.
Just when they were going I saw Phil and called him, he asked where we already met, and I pointed out it was the day before in Dublin, and then he remembered and laughed :lol:
Phil if you're reading, thank you :)

I don't have anything signed, tough I had brought some cd covers with me, but I really could have not asked for more: Coldplay love ya all, I don't know if I was super lucky, but I'm more prone to think it's just them who are super nice with fans :nice:
Oh and also many thanks to the woman from their security for letting us meet them.

Ok pics..I cut myself off because I look shit..they're all much better to look at, a gorgeous band that is :wink:
OMFG!!!!!!!!! :shocked2:

That's soooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigcry:

They all look so pretty and happy and all smiles!!!!

Your story is amazing!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!! :D

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Ps. You should post that in the Phil thread!!!! :D

Carlaatje

Ms Multi-quote :D
Coldplayer
OH HOLY CRAp I haven't even finished reading !!! you met THA BERRYMAN ahhhhhh

Carlaatje

Coldplayer
okay would it be weird if I asked you to post the entire pic of you and guy?
or PM it to me if you must... not that I don't believe you.. i just want to see the whole thing... i can't explain it but PLEASEEE :dance:

OMG Denise you lucky duck! best xmas present EVER

edit... they came in so late because they stayed up late the night before? :inquisitive:

Denise

Coldplayer
Do you want to see him better? because my friend took the pic really close, it's just his and my heads, there's not else to be seen, I was going to post the one I took of him with my friend, because it's much much better, but I need to ask for her permission first :)

I know, those three days were the best Xmas present of my entire life :nice:

Well they didn't arrive too late, it was around 5.30pm, they probably just did a quick soundchek not a full one

edit: here it is

Carlaatje

Coldplayer
Do you want to see him better? because my friend took the pic really close, it's just his and my heads, there's not else to be seen, I was going to post the one I took of him with my friend, because it's much much better, but I need to ask for her permission first :)

I know, those three days were the best Xmas present of my entire life :nice:

Well they didn't arrive too late, it was around 5.30pm, they probably just did a quick soundchek not a full one

edit: here it is
Dies of jealousy!! ahhhh Guy huggin!! you girls are so friggin lucky :D
I'm sticking with you at wembley :D but I guess we were already set to be frontrow buds anyways :lol:

seriously Denise... how did you keep this a secret so long?! I'm truly happy for you and your friends :D

Chavi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!! the big surprised has been revealed :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Soooooo happy for you Denise !!!!
they're so nice and beautiful :bigcry:

Cece

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
aww it was such a good night! Was meant to be row 31, only got a bloody upgrade to ROW 5! That was some good times.
My question is, does anyone know the piano bit chris played inbetween songs at one stage? Its a really famous piano theme, its been used in films and tv i am sure. Its driving me crazy trying to think of it! lol!

Denise

Coldplayer
Great that you got an upgrade :D

I guess you're talking about the bit at the end of Politik, it's Erik Satie's Gnossienne #1 :)

@Carla: yes, Wembley front row on the right all the way :nice:
I think I was able to keep the secret because I still can't believe all the things that happened in such a short time, I needed to relive them myself

This is Yellow, recorded from my friends who were on Jonny's side

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfeavb6LVSc"]YouTube - Coldplay - Yellow - Belfast Odyssey Arena 23.12.2008[/ame]

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/aaronshim/sets/72157611629980684/show/"]Coldplay - Belfast '09[/ame]