Welcome to Coldplaying!

The sun and the moon...Solar eclipse...1919...Coldplay? Discuss Coldplay's upcoming album and all the theories on Coldplaying! سلام و حب

SignUp Now!

22-Dec-08: O2 Arena, Dublin - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos (NEW DATE)

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
Present for the Jonny lovers, hope you like it, ramp of love was too far away for my crap camera zoom, this is the best I could get (thanks to the security guy at the O2 for letting me stay so close :nice:)

:stunned:

*squEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEeeeeeeee*

:wacky::bomb::dead:

THanks for the picture!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

bohs man

The Dubliner!
Coldplayer
Brilliant video of Viva La Vida and most of Lost!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB91eMoofBU"]YouTube - coldplay O2 Arena dublin 08[/ame]

Denise

Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
Coldplayer
I feel like I'm invading the the threads of the last three gigs of the year :uhoh:

So we spent the morning going around the center, but we already decided we wanted to be at the venue earlier than the day before, so we arrived there by 2.15pm more or less...the place was desert, no security at the gate, but the weather was lovely so it was not hard to wait outside

this is the view to the Grand Canal Docks...maybe one day in the future the U2 Tower will be there on the right

then a security guy came out, the same as the day before...and we went there and asked if the band had already arrived, he said yes, that they arrived at lunchtime..and I was like "as if I believed you, they never arrive so early", so we decided to wait on our bench at the other side of the street...wait...wait, till it was nearly 4.30 pm and I see four men approaching the gate, I look better and :stunned: that one with the green hat is Chris
I call him, but I guess my voice was not loud enough, so my friend call him louder, he turns and stops before getting inside..we run to cross the street, I nearly got knocked down by I don't know how many cars :laugh3: :laugh3:
I tought I would stay there dumb, not being able to say a word, but he's been so nice, he told us he walked to the venue from the city center because the weather was nice. He took a look at our banners, first the CoW one, so I took the chance and I stated I already knew that they were never going to play it, and he answered they tried it (but didn't tell when) but "it sounds shit" :laugh3::laugh3: I told him, well I don't want the whole song, I could go on with just a verse, and he replied they were probably trying it that day.
Then he saw the other banner, the one with "Long Live Coldplay and all their roadies (especially #42)" and said he really loved it.
I don't remember everything he said, it all went too fast, and he needed to get inside, I guess the last thing I asked was if he knew whether the others were already there, but he didn't.

And this is the pic I took with him :nice:

At this point my friend started crying, I was hyper and couldn't stop smiling, so we stayed there to see if the other three were arriving.
It was getting late and some people were already arriving to get in the queues. We had to wait for our friends so we didn't move from the lucky gates, and two vans arrived, the first was a Mercedes one with black windows, we couldn't see anything inside but we showed our banners, on the second one, which was different, there was only one person, I looked better, he looked at me...and it was Phil, who read the banner and smiled and we waved each other, it was so strange :lol:

Ok need to get to sleep now, the rest is for tomorrow :nice:

coldpatrix

I Ran Away rules
Coldplayer
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Great Denise, you name will be a great echo all over!

Carlaatje

Ms Multi-quote :D
Coldplayer
I feel like I'm invading the the threads of the last three gigs of the year :uhoh:

So we spent the morning going around the center, but we already decided we wanted to be at the venue earlier than the day before, so we arrived there by 2.15pm more or less...the place was desert, no security at the gate, but the weather was lovely so it was not hard to wait outside

this is the view to the Grand Canal Docks...maybe one day in the future the U2 Tower will be there on the right

then a security guy came out, the same as the day before...and we went there and asked if the band had already arrived, he said yes, that they arrived at lunchtime..and I was like "as if I believed you, they never arrive so early", so we decided to wait on our bench at the other side of the street...wait...wait, till it was nearly 4.30 pm and I see four men approaching the gate, I look better and :stunned: that one with the green hat is Chris
I call him, but I guess my voice was not loud enough, so my friend call him louder, he turns and stops before getting inside..we run to cross the street, I nearly got knocked down by I don't know how many cars :laugh3: :laugh3:
I tought I would stay there dumb, not being able to say a word, but he's been so nice, he told us he walked to the venue from the city center because the weather was nice. He took a look at our banners, first the CoW one, so I took the chance and I stated I already knew that they were never going to play it, and he answered they tried it (but didn't tell when) but "it sounds shit" :laugh3::laugh3: I told him, well I don't want the whole song, I could go on with just a verse, and he replied they were probably trying it that day.
Then he saw the other banner, the one with "Long Live Coldplay and all their roadies (especially #42)" and said he really loved it.
I don't remember everything he said, it all went too fast, and he needed to get inside, I guess the last thing I asked was if he knew whether the others were already there, but he didn't.

At this point my friend started crying, I was hyper and couldn't stop smiling, so we stayed there to see if the other three were arriving.
It was getting late and some people were already arriving to get in the queues. We had to wait for our friends so we didn't move from the lucky gates, and two vans arrived, the first was a Mercedes one with black windows, we couldn't see anything inside but we showed our banners, on the second one, which was different, there was only one person, I looked better, he looked at me...and it was Phil, who read the banner and smiled and we waved each other, it was so strange :lol:

OMG denise so AWESOME :D

Isn't chris just THEBEST?! I love your pic with him you both look great, and he's like really hugging you TIGHT :nice:

I have to say I called it I said: if anyone could get CoW played it was you... and well you got pretty damn close! you've made us very proud

*patiently waits for the rest of the story *

Gya

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
That's such a wonderful pic, you both look so great and happy...! :happy2:

gigg

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer

WOW

That is just awesome:stunned::stunned::stunned:
wish I could have been there

Denise

Coldplayer
Thankies, yes he was real nice with us, and my friend made me remind that he was the one to ask us if we wanted to take a pic, I guess we were already too happy to have spoken with him that we didn't even think about that :laugh3::laugh3:

Well I think Tony's review about the show is perfect, so I will only talk about our walking from one side to the other of the tiers to get closer to c-stage. As I already said the security guy was nice enough to let us stay there when I told him we were just happy to stay where we were, that is, the end of the stairs they were running up to from the main stage.

And these are some pics

Other pics from Lovers in Japan, they're just too beautiful not to be posted

and this is especially for the berrylovers..thanks to the videowalls :lol:

At the end of the concert we slowly proceeded to the exit, bought a blue t-shirt with butterflies and buttons. Then once outside we walked past the gates and took a look inside...and two vans were still there, of course we decided we had to wait there.
Most of the people had already left when I stared again through the thin chink in the gates...and I see Jonny standing beside the van, I turn to my friend "There's Jonny!!", look back again and sat in the van were Will, Guy and I think Chris as well. Jonny gets in and the gates open, so we prepare our banners and show them while they drive past us to the center (to go to U2's Xmas party :p).

And that's the end of day 2

Carlaatje

Coldplayer
HOLY SHIT denise your pics are awesome!!!

I hope you don't mind I posted a few in the sexyman thread

Denise

Coldplayer
I don't mind whatsoever, I also tought about all of you when taking some of them :nice:

And now Belfast :D

Denise

Coldplayer
My video of Life in Technicolor and Violet Hill
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0jK3-yIdfE"]YouTube - Coldplay - Life in Technicolor + Violet Hill @ Dublin 22-12-2008[/ame]

My friend videos, she was right beside me :nice:

Jingle Bells (loving Guy raising his eyebrows at 00:05 :laugh3::laugh3:)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3QYS0l--Vo"]YouTube - Coldplay - Jingle Bells - O2 Dublin 22.12.2008[/ame]

Lovers in Japan
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBIGN06Wi-E"]YouTube - Coldplay - Lovers in Japan - O2 Dublin 22.12.2008[/ame]

Oh and The Hardest Part + Postcards From Far Away
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpyAij7XdHk"]YouTube - Coldplay The Hardest Part and Postcards From Far [email protected] O2, Dublin, 22-12-2008[/ame]

Carlaatje

Coldplayer
ahhahaha me too :D
it reminds me of this smiley :wink3: :lol:

and great quality!!

Chavi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Carla, can you make a GIF of this ???? :heart: :bomb: :dead:

thanks for the videos Denise :nice:

Chavi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:dead: thanks !!! the video's in my favorite now :wacky:

bohs man

The Dubliner!
Coldplayer
I've put together a collection of some recordings from both nights in Dublin (although its mostly 21st) and put them in a rar. At present I'm missing, Speed Of Sound, Chinese Sleep Chant, GPASUYF/Talk, Politik and Life In Technicolor II. The rest is pretty much full versions of most songs. I have each song labelled with their date too. I guess its the best thats available at the moment until a proper bootleg emerges hopefully!!

http://rapidshare.com/files/177422500/CO2D21.22.DEC.2008.zip.html