Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

1. NOTICE: Coldplay Downloads are now back up! Sorry for the downtime
    Dismiss Notice

[2017-08-21] Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

Discussion in '2017: North American Tour' started by AMDB9, Oct 9, 2016.

Share This Page

1. NCarman

By:NCarmanAug 20, 2017
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

anyone know what section the c stage is in?

2. BiggerStronger

By:BiggerStrongerAug 21, 2017
    Believe in love
    Coldplayer

In stadium shows it's usually towards the back of the floor

3. jc90

By:jc90Aug 21, 2017
    A Herp Full Of Derp
    Honorary Coldplayer Coldplayer

maybe take a look at the last time they were in town and see where they did the c stage. just an idea

4. BornToDream

By:BornToDreamAug 21, 2017
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Don't quote me but from what I've seen for stadiums its on the floor, closer to the back and to the right side

Sent from my SM-G955W using Coldplaying mobile app

5. jc90

By:jc90Aug 21, 2017
    A Herp Full Of Derp

dont tell me what to do

6. BornToDream

New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Never have I felt so violated. How dare you.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Coldplaying mobile app

jc90 likes this.
  7. xJNB94X

By:xJNB94XAug 21, 2017
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Wow it's been a while since I've visited these forums!! So pumped for tonight. See you all in a few hours! The countdown is on!:D

dieselbenz and jc90 like this.
  8. The_Blue_Room

By:The_Blue_RoomAug 21, 2017
    In a bulletproof vest
    Coldplayer

Well everybody I'm here! Now just to wait an hour for the openers to start. I already bought my merch- a poster, shirt, and tour book. $80 total. There's barely anyone here!

Attached Files:

dieselbenz likes this.
  9. BornToDream

New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

The_Blue_Room and dieselbenz like this.
  10. The_Blue_Room

By:The_Blue_RoomAug 22, 2017
    In a bulletproof vest
    Coldplayer

Is anyone else here yet? I'm not sure where the C stage will be, I'm thinking it's this black platform in front of the red C6 sign. First CP concert so I don't really know what it would look like!

Attached Files:

11. BornToDream

By:BornToDreamAug 22, 2017
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

The_Blue_Room likes this.
  12. dieselbenz

By:dieselbenzAug 22, 2017
    Up&Up
    Coldplayer

That's it! They'll face kind of to the left of that photo but towards you a little.

Edit: also, I'm here too, b5, I'm really excited, beautiful night!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    The_Blue_Room likes this.
  13. sheryar90

By:sheryar90Aug 22, 2017
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

So I'm here sitting in section 513R (45mins to showtime) and a lady shows up and I notice her name tag "Phoebe". I instantly asked her if she's here to offer us (me and 2 friends) front row tickets. And she smiles and says, "the fact that you know about this, I can't offer it to you anymore". I'm like what! I've been noticing Miller r42 walking around hoping he'd show up here so I can ask him. And she says "he doesn't come up here." I said okay just ask me any question about Coldplay so I can prove that I'm a huge fan. And she smiles and says sorry and starts talking to 2 girls behind me. And just straight up offers them the seats. I was so close! :(

14. The_Blue_Room

In a bulletproof vest
    Coldplayer

Wow I feel bad for you. I saw a roadie walking around (and I purposefully tried to show off my shirt and tour book) but he didn't notice me I don't think.

sheryar90 likes this.
  15. AMDB9

By:AMDB9Aug 22, 2017
    Staff Member Moderator Coldplayer

Wow, sorry, that's pretty rude. I think the fact that you know about the ticket giveaways proves that you know more than anyone else. I'm sure you enjoyed the show otherwise!

16. sheryar90

By:sheryar90Aug 22, 2017
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Oh it's okay...wasn't meant to be :p. I just felt so confident haha. Anyway, yes the show was phenomenal! Loved every second of it :)

17. The_Blue_Room

In a bulletproof vest
    Coldplayer

Wow... what a show! My ears are still ringing lol! I'll be able to post my complete recording of the show on Wednesday, possibly even tomorrow night. Even though it was recorded on an iPhone I still think it came out listenable, although it's not very good in the bass department. I was so happy to hear Trouble on the C-stage!

BornToDream and dieselbenz like this.
  18. dieselbenz

By:dieselbenzAug 22, 2017
    Up&Up
    Coldplayer

Damn, that's a bit cold. Glad you had a good time anyway.

Great crowd tonight, I had a lot of fun. Got a pretty good video of Chris's Toronto song, which I thought was cute:

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Hwx4__iYA
    ... also thrilled to hear Trouble!

19. coldplayisawesome

By:coldplayisawesomeAug 22, 2017
    Maybe I'm a ghost
    Coldplayer

Sorry you missed out on that but thanks for sharing so the rest of us know! In MX era I told the roadie who upgraded me and my sister that I knew what he was doing but I guess I should not do that in the future

20. jc90

By:jc90Aug 22, 2017
    A Herp Full Of Derp

Perhaps its recency bias, but this was better than the Viva show i was at in 2008/2009. I skipped the MX tour because I thought i'd seen the show so many times on video and knew the setlist that I wouldnt enjoy it. I was so wrong. I knew the set for this show as well, but still had an absolute blast. I'll write my own personal story just for myself so I can remember if I reread this post in the future.

Wasn't as giddy as I thought I would be the whole day during work. Maybe I was just so busy? I got off work at 345 and my coworker friend I was seeing it with wasn't off until 5. Bummed around for a bit and thats when I was getting excited. She's finally done but we grab some food in the area closer to work first. 30 minute drive after and we're there and walk to the dome. Gate 4: was already pumped to get my own xyloband and love button! Nothing at the merch counter I wanted, I guess the tour book looked cool, but meh. Section 225L. From my, my friend, and the people around me's opinion, fantastic seats. It was elevated enough to see everything, the angle was pretty much dead centre, it was seemingly a stones throw away from the C-stage, and we got the first row as well, so nothing was blocking us. Openers were better than I thought they would be. We missed most of the first artist (who i liked more), but caught all of the second one. Second artist's songs sounded very similar to one another. In the end, still liked them both, but they were done and Coldplay were next. I'm counting the minutes. 830. 845. 900 and they're coming on any second now!

The pre-coldplay music plays (the classical, operatic one) and I knew it from before, but it confused a lot of people in my section including my friend. "This isn't coldplay is it??!", "Whoops, wrong concert!". Countdown is on, and I'm finally watching my heroes in my city. I didn't know how i was gonna 'act' during the show, but I hate being one of those people on their phones recording or texting the whole time. I thought i would record a few songs with special meaning to me, but I didn't reach for my phone the whole night. Another thing was I didn't think I was going to belt out all the songs as loud as I could as well. Back in Viva, I was too nervous about looking uncool I guess, but here, I was singing as loud as I could and dancing in my seat and fist pumping, and I didn't care who was around me to see. GPASUYF was half unexpected, I forgot they added it to the show. AIMH and the Ghost Story tracks in general I was looking forward to because they didn't tour toronto for that album and I wanted to hear it live. Plus, that album has a bit of extra special meaning because of where I was in life recently. AOAL balloons! I was trying to hard to get a balloon and maybe keep one. I got a hold of one eventually but figured it was too big for the car. The way the air was moving in the dome, the balloons were going left, and nothing was to our right. They came so close to us for the C stage. Don't Panic was special because my own band was playing it only a couple weeks ago. Was expecting UATW but they played Trouble instead! Nice surprise, more oldplay songs are welcome to me. My opinions on the newplay/poppy songs are exactly what I thought. I'm a bit more of a fan of the older material (style), but if I was in a room with 50,000 and they're playing ETIAW, Paradise, Charlie Brown, SJLT, ASFOS, i'm jumping the fuck around and losing my mind and I did! Was really bummed when U&U came on because i knew it was the last one.

Anyways, classic viva chant on the way out. Was a crazy scene of ppl flooding out of the dome. Getting out and back home wasnt as hard as I thought. This concert made me regret not going to ones in the past for Coldplay or the Noel Gallagher one. It's kind of like a religious experience going to these things, and having the connection and losing care for anything and just having a blast for 2 hours. Definitely makes me wanna not miss another opportunity to see them when they're back for LP8!