Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

[2017-08-17] Soldier Field, Chicago, IL

Discussion in '2017: North American Tour' started by AMDB9, Oct 9, 2016.

Share This Page

1. brobbins

By:brobbinsAug 18, 2017
    Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
    Coldplayer

Luckily the rain was nowhere near as bad as last time. More like a teaser to make us all worry but then it stopped after a couple minutes. And according to the weather app on my phone there was a 0% chance of rain all night. Guess the app didn't realize there was a Coldplay concert going on or it would have upped the prediction!!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    getithom and iamsue like this.
  2. brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
    Coldplayer

Awww thank you!!! And thank you once again for giving my daughter your cross-stitch tour balloon necklace. You did a beautiful job making that too! It will have pride of place among our CP memorabilia at home. :)

iamsue likes this.
  3. brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
    Coldplayer

BTW @iamsue where did you end up sitting?

4. iamsue

By:iamsueAug 18, 2017
    You're a Sky Full of Stars
    Coldplayer

We got nosebleed seats in level 4 back corner. It was a great view but way too scary up there for us. Our fellow volunteer said he was on Level 2 and there were open seats next to him, so we wound up just left of stage facing it and under an overhang...stayed dry. We were on 2 for 2/3 of the show I think. I was deliriously tired by then!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nie likes this.
  5. iamsue

By:iamsueAug 19, 2017
    Coldplayer

SophiaM, your Periscopes are amazing!! I think during Magic is when we moved. We were on your side, but Level 2 last row under the overhang directly behind Chris. Boy in your broadcast you really see the rain. Did you catch what Chris said about the rain? All of his talking was muffled to me. You had seats I would have dreamed of!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sophia M likes this.
  6. getithom

By:getithomAug 19, 2017
    Baby blue.
    Honorary Coldplayer Coldplayer

After five years of trying, Thursday marked the first time I was able to see Coldplay twice on the same tour. Last year in St. Louis was the first - and I'll never forget it - but Chicago's open-air experience completely and utterly changed my perspective of the tour. I was sitting near the back-left of the field, and our view was considerably better than what I was expecting. My girlfriend had never seen them before, which meant I was trying to 'show off' them to her (even though she likes them a lot already). For the most part, my section was pretty mild and not doing much more than standing on the chairs, but at some point, everyone spilled out into the open areas and it turned into an amazingly cool little dance party.

Now, mind you, I have had to make myself stop following the setlist (even though I know what'll be played), which meant I was trying to pinpoint exactly where the band would be for the C-stage. I vividly remember the C-stage being in the lower stands in St. Louis, and I knew they followed the same rule for most of the arena shows, but I wasn't thinking in a 'stadium mentality.' So, I'm running all over the field with my girlfriend saying, "THEY'RE TOTALLY GONNA BE RIGHT HERE! Just wait until you hear everyone scream and that's where they are!" Well, me being me, I hear the crowd behind us yelling and think, "Oh, they must be running around the crowd!" Nope. Instead, they were two sections over from my seats. We immediately ran back to the area everyone was crowded around in and we fought our way in to see them up close and fucking personal. The band was probably no more than 20 feet in front of us. Sure, In My Place is tired, but I didn't care at that point. I just stood there in awe and sang along. At some point some girl tried to stand on top of a chair directly in front of my girlfriend, so she goes, "UM, NO." and said girl looks at her all sorry-like, apologizes and moves over a bit.

I'm so damn glad they played GPASUYF over Birds (even though it's in my Top 10 Coldplay songs), and I'll be the first to confess SJLT is considerably more enjoyable when you're seeing it in-person. The open-space-turned-dancefloor only grew as the night went on, despite the small amount of rain. One of my favorite moments was when Chris restarted Charlie Brown and told everyone to put their phones down and just focus on the show for one song. People went wild. The same happened with the abundance of messages for unity, love, and peace throughout the show. I think he speaks for most everyone when he talked about Charlottesville and Barcelona and all the chaos in the world. I don't know how they do it, but Coldplay manages to pull everyone in even if just for a few hours. It's really something special.

I'm sorry! I just saw this. We were in D5 on the field. Great view!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    iamsue, scottp17 and brobbins like this.
  7. lowlight10

By:lowlight10Aug 19, 2017
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Lucky to see this tour at Soldier Field for a third time. Thank you to the band for broadcasting this one. Links are good for a week. Enjoy!

FLAC: https://we.tl/gAhH8TOv77
    MP3: https://we.tl/QHlPTXi9US

Coldplay
    August 17, 2017
    Soldier Field; Chicago, IL

Lineage: Samsung VR Live Webcast>Batch script (*.ts segments)>TSSplitter (join)> Uncompressed.ts
    Uploader: jerpaa

Audio Transfer: lowlight10
    Lineage: .ts file>CyberLink Wave Editor 2>Audacity>FLAC/MP3

01 -intro- ("O Mio Babbino Caro")
    02 A Head Full of Dreams
    03 Yellow
    04 Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
    05 The Scientist
    06 God Put a Smile Upon Your Face
    07 Paradise (Tiësto Remix outro)
    08 Always in My Head
    09 Magic
    10 -Chris speak-
    11 Everglow
    12 Clocks
    13 Midnight
    14 Charlie Brown (false start)
    15 Charlie Brown
    16 Hymn for the Weekend
    17 Fix You
    18 Viva la Vida
    19 Adventure of a Lifetime / All Night (Chance)
    20 -encore- ("Kaleidoscope")
    21 In My Place
    22 -band intros-
    23 Don't Panic (Will on vox)
    24 -request video-
    25 Us Against the World
    26 Something Just Like This
    27 A Sky Full of Stars
    28 Up&Up

Notes: Resampled to 44.1KHz.

iamsue, brobbins and Nie like this.
  8. Nie

By:NieAug 19, 2017
    Charity Donator Coldplayer

Thanks!!!

9. brobbins

By:brobbinsAug 19, 2017
    Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
    Coldplayer

@lowlight10 can the mp3 download be viewed without the Samsung VR like a regular video? I was lucky to be at this concert too but some of my friends will love to watch this if they can. Or is that just an audio file? I think I just remembered what an mp3 is vs. mp4. I'm technologically challenged. LOL. Thanks!!!!!!

10. lowlight10

Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

This is just the audio extracted from the video capture. The full video is up on dime but is 11GB and you need Samsung VR to watch it properly. It can be played on other software but looks odd.

11. brobbins

By:brobbinsAug 19, 2017
    Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
    Coldplayer

Gotcha, thanks!!!

LuciaPietro likes this.
  12. Nie

Can you give link to this video? I'd like to download it for future use if I ever get a VR gear.

13. lowlight10

Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

14. Nie

I'll give it a try to download it

15. coldplaykb

By:coldplaykbAug 19, 2017
    The beat from my heart
    Coldplayer

16. Sophia M

By:Sophia MAug 20, 2017
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Thanks, Sue! Sorry I missed you, I was looking for the booth but I couldn't find it! Soldier Field is huge! During Everglow, Chris was basically talking about how out of all of the concerts they have, it only rains in Chicago! He also had his speech about how we should all send and spread love to other places around the world like Charlottesville, Barcelona, Venezuela, etc. I thought the stream was better quality but I guess not. Some of the videos I shared on my twitter (@squirly7) were better quality but I'll make sure to post more in the coming days!

iamsue likes this.
  17. Nie

By:NieAug 20, 2017

18. coldplay13

By:coldplay13Aug 20, 2017
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Hi! I just saw this. Thanks for the reply. We ended up leaving at noon and then getting to Chicago by 5pm. Traffic wasn't too bad. Fortunately we booked a hotel right by grant park and there was a parking lot right across from the hotel. Also a walkable distance to the stadium. I agree with you.

The south side didn't seem to good. Good thing my cousin warned me about it. We stopped for food and rest room in indiana and then just straight shot to Chicago. Good city, I just wish I was there for more than 1 night. Went home the day after the concert.

Did you enjoy the concert ? :) it was amazing!

iamsue likes this.
  19. asrons333

By:asrons333Aug 21, 2017
    Who would ever want to be king?
    Coldplayer

Well that was worth waiting a year. Anyone who talked to me last summer remembers I missed St Louis because I was busy. I was scared I missed a last shot to see them. So glad I got to go. One of the best nights of my life. Thanks to everyone who helped me get information over the last year. It was great and I look forward to talking here more!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Coldplaying mobile app

iamsue likes this.
  20. asrons333

By:asrons333Aug 21, 2017
    Who would ever want to be king?
    Coldplayer

Did anyone find a way to download the vr feed of the show?

chiarat16 likes this.