Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2016-07-23] Soldier Field, CHICAGO, IL

coldplay_lover4

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I'm still not sure. Last time I spent over $600 between both shows because my two kids came with and definitely didn't pay their own way. My husband wasn't thrilled with that.

I texted a few friends to see if they'd like to go. If one of them says yes by tomorrow morning, I think I'll get tickets and ask my husband for forgiveness later. [emoji39]
I am taking my 17yo daughter, my cousin & my dad is joining us this time too! I introduced him to Coldplay a few years back. I am buying my tickets tomorrow. Good luck with your hubby[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
How much were 200 level seats pre fees? And with fees if you remember. Floor is too pricey for me. Im hoping 200-300 level on the sides.
I think they were about $85-90 pre-fees, $100 with fees.

I did read on another thread this afternoon that 2017 tickets are more expensive, but I couldn't figure out how they know that. Maybe comparing the European legs that already went on sale? Hope they're not too far off from 2016 prices.

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Did you get playlists from other people as well ? Would you mind sharing what you already got, perhaps via PM ? I wanna pick out some things that you don't already have in your list ! :)
Yes, I got some great live playlists. I'll PM you a list. Great quesiton. I tried to download the links in the B-sides download thread, but it doesn't let me for most because it says they are available on Amazon. So I still don't have most of those gems.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Coldplaying mobile app

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Yes, I got some great live playlists. I'll PM you a list. Great quesiton. I tried to download the links in the B-sides download thread, but it doesn't let me for most because it says they are available on Amazon. So I still don't have most of those gems.

Don't worry I can send you the B-sides !

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
I'm going again in 2017!!!!!!
[emoji2] [emoji95] [emoji93] [emoji322]

One of my friends replied before the presale started that she'll go if tix stay around $100. Of course, with the prices higher this year, I didn't want nosebleed seats, so I sprang for level 200 seats on the side about half way back, and I'll cover the extra for her. I'm the obsessed one between the two of us, and just glad to have someone to go with. Last time I saw them on both Saturday & Sunday with my two kids (one each night) so that was a lot more ticket price covering then.

Hip hip! [emoji4]

asrons333

Who would ever want to be king?
Coldplayer
I'm going again in 2017!!!!!!
[emoji2] [emoji95] [emoji93] [emoji322]

One of my friends replied before the presale started that she'll go if tix stay around $100. Of course, with the prices higher this year, I didn't want nosebleed seats, so I sprang for level 200 seats on the side about half way back, and I'll cover the extra for her. I'm the obsessed one between the two of us, and just glad to have someone to go with. Last time I saw them on both Saturday & Sunday with my two kids (one each night) so that was a lot more ticket price covering then.

Hip hip! [emoji4]
Yea I got some too! Stayed under $100 and got low 400 section mid catwalk. Looked at pics from last year and it doesn't look that high up.

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
you are the best! I didn't get a ticket today. When I went to look tonight, just to see what was available, it looked like the price for the top tickets was $10 LESS than last year. The field arrangement looked different too. I checked on $96.50 tickets, the most I would spend this time, and it took me all the way up to level 3. I would't pay that up there and I couldn't do it anyway, due to severe fear of heights!

coldplay_lover4

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Got my tickets!! 2 seats. Paid almost $1000 better be good seats!!!

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
Yea I got some too! Stayed under $100 and got low 400 section mid catwalk. Looked at pics from last year and it doesn't look that high up.
Your seats probably won't be any further from the stage than my 200 level seats were all the way in the back last time. [emoji6]

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
Got my tickets!! 2 seats. Paid almost $1000 better be good seats!!!

Good job! Try not to think about the cost and just focus on how much fun you'll have!

Btw, I think I told you before that you can get tickets easier through TM from a computer rather than a smart phone if you can link to the map. I tried that today at 1pm from my computer, but they didn't have a map link so I had to let the TM system pick for me. After searching a few different times to get a section I liked, it stopped searching for me, like it blocked my access. I ended up switching to my phone so I could try a different device, and that worked better. If you had the same problem, I'm sorry for steering you in the wrong direction. Live and learn.... [emoji53]

coldplay_lover4

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Good job! Try not to think about the cost and just focus on how much fun you'll have!

Btw, I think I told you before that you can get tickets easier through TM from a computer rather than a smart phone if you can link to the map. I tried that today at 1pm from my computer, but they didn't have a map link so I had to let the TM system pick for me. After searching a few different times to get a section I liked, it stopped searching for me, like it blocked my access. I ended up switching to my phone so I could try a different device, and that worked better. If you had the same problem, I'm sorry for steering you in the wrong direction. Live and learn.... [emoji53]
Yeah I didn't end up purchasing through TM, they were way to high. I got great floor seats! I m so excited, I didn't really care the cost. My hubby stopped me at $850. [emoji23]

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
Yeah I didn't end up purchasing through TM, they were way to high. I got great floor seats! I m so excited, I didn't really care the cost. My hubby stopped me at $850. [emoji23]

LOL [emoji39]

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator

i had the same trouble last year. Phone will react the same way when you try too often. Only solution is to switch browsers or devices, or you have to wait for ages...

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
I see some activity on the 2017 Soldier Field thread now, with a few recent posts. I'm jumping to that one now. Hope to chat with you guys there!

coldplay_lover4

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I see some activity on the 2017 Soldier Field thread now, with a few recent posts. I'm jumping to that one now. Hope to chat with you guys there!
Do you live in the Chicago area? I have driven through there and know it's crazy! Any recommendations/advice on traffic? Since the concert falls on a Thursday night. Where exactly is Soldier Field located? Is it in the city or on the outskirts?

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer