Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2016-04-10] Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

cheeetaz

Owner of a Phil signed ID
Coldplayer
Wish they would play A Message in every set. Makes the XY era sound even better in comparison to the new stuff.

Haruka

righteously wicked
Coldplayer
i read somewhere the attendance was 66,000 people...

ColdMartin

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Holly Wow A Message !!!
The requesting thing is getting better and better

MickCas

Coldplayer
No God put a smile/Violet Hill/Politik/Major minus/square one.. just completely nothing a bit rocky. Not even (1 of their best energetic and 'new' live songs) pop/rock Hurts like heaven..
All the 'louder' songs are either stadium anthems or party/dance songs. So what's left is ballads, acoustic and party/anthem. The requests are great, but thats' different every night.
I wish they would put something like Square one/ghost story/see you soon/one i love + at least 1 of their rockier songs!! in the every night setlist. Give us something else... ow please!
Where is the diversity with this tour?
I agree with you! MX tour was basically a rock show. I hope that in European leg the setlist will be completelly different

Sent from my SM-G903F using Coldplaying mobile app

The Joker

5/24/09 / Front Row
Coldplayer
I saw that their is an "o reprise" tour credits on the setlist online... Anyone have footage of that?

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Ok, all of my vids are on the cping fb page now :)

Best atmosphere I've ever heard at a concert (as expected I think at the Maracana). Never seen the support acts get such a reaction from the crowd too. The place exploded during AHFOD. The whole stadium was jumping! Fans were giving out yellow balloons in the queue and believe in love banners. Made Yellow look even more amazing!

It was a strange experience compared to other concert because I think I lost about 10 litres worth of sweat lmao (and probably everyone else too). It was so so hot. Compared with UK concerts, it felt like I'd being jumping for a whole concert after just 2 songs haha!

I was surprised they played Parachutes, Shiver and A Message. Really amazing combination! Charlie Brown and AOAL were insane and everyone sang along to every word for the whole gig.

There was a stage invader at the end of Up&Up. A guy who just wanted to hug Chris Martin haha. Security chased him off and Chris wanted them to be cool about it. Chris also noticed the believe in love banners and said they were great.

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I saw that their is an "o reprise" tour credits on the setlist online... Anyone have footage of that?
I don't but it's just basically rolling credits with a AHFOD theme to it and O reprise playing (in the same way as the ghost stories tour) :)

Lore

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
THIS WAS SO AWESOME! No time for reviews / pics now, but I took a lot of great pics (I was at front row again :D )

I loved the setlist, except for PoC of course. We got Parachutes, A Message and Shiver I can't believe it!

Back to reality now, seeing them 3 times on this tour was amazing, something I will never forget :heart: Looking forward to see them in the US or Europe someday :D

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
first time i see Guy and Jonny sweat as much as Chris lol

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Wow! Lore, these are the Best pictures of the guys I've seen. Thanks!!!!

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Question for anyone who was close up: What are those flower garlands made of? Tissue paper flowers, plastic, etc?

diego_camargo

Coldplayer
What an amazing experience last Sunday. I met some incredible people and the concert was awesome. Everyone was helping each other at my section. The atmosphere was truly great. And hot!

Although I didn't get Politk (my favorite Coldplay song) we got Parachutes ( holy s**** I couldn't believe they are playing that) , Shiver and A Message. It's was a very memorable show for the fans.
At the end of the concert, a little before Up&Up I think, people at my section was screaming intesily for them to play In My Place. Jonny looked the fans with disappointed face almost looking like "Sorry we will not playing that. Really sorry".

It was amazing and I hope everyone here get the same opportunity too see them live too and have awesome time that day.

Lore

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What an amazing experience last Sunday. I met some incredible people and the concert was awesome. Everyone was helping each other at my section. The atmosphere was truly great. And hot!

Although I didn't get Politk (my favorite Coldplay song) we got Parachutes ( holy s**** I couldn't believe they are playing that) , Shiver and A Message. It's was a very memorable show for the fans.
At the end of the concert, a little before Up&Up I think, people at my section was screaming intesily for them to play In My Place. Jonny looked the fans with disappointed face almost looking like "Sorry we will not playing that. Really sorry".

It was amazing and I hope everyone here get the same opportunity too see them live too and have awesome time that day.
We were asking for In My Place too :( I was at Guy's side though. What an amazing show, I love concerts in Brazil :D

Haruka

righteously wicked
Coldplayer
We were asking for In My Place too :( I was at Guy's side though. What an amazing show, I love concerts in Brazil :D
I was on Jonny's side and I only heard people asking IMP after Up&Up though...
will post my review soon ;)

vagner

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I went to both shows here in Brazil and I love ALL.
And I hope they come back soon.
IMG_0537.JPG

Haruka

righteously wicked
Coldplayer
One week has passed and here’s my review:

Sunday, April 10th, 2016. The concert I’ve been waiting for almost 5 years, 35°C feeling like 50°C. So much anticipation that I didn’t slept well in the previous night. The moment I got my xyloband nothing else mattered, Coldplay would be live in front of me in this epic place that is Maracanã stadium.

Positioned myself near the b-stage on Jonny’s side, amongst wonderful people that I met in queue, from all over Brazil. Lianne La Havas was surprisingly awesome, didn’t knew any of her songs but they were soulful and groovy. Gotta love a girl who can play guitar like that.

Showtime, so excited to see people I’ve met 2 days earlier chosen to do Rio’s intro vid. We were shouting so loud I couldn’t hear AHFOD first notes LOL. Chris was ON FIRE, he probably sweated as much as we did :laugh3: Xylos, confetti, lights, everything composing a beautiful scenery.

About the setlist, first section was predictable but amazing to see them reacting to crowd’s energy, Paradise remix = briliant. B-stage, the band so close to me that doesn’t matter that I was only seeing their backs. WTF moment: PoC – so unexpected, never would imagine it back after being extensively played on MX tour. Magic felt a bit weak live, Ink would’ve been more enjoyable.

Back to the main stage, Midnight intro on Fix You so f*ckin awesome. Charlie Brown, AOAL, VLV – people went mad, singing the riff, jumping. Only wish they done a different cover of David Bowie… Now to C-stage, most blissful moment of the night: Parachutes + Shiver (thought I’d dehydrate from crying in this one) + A Message. Perfect acoustic set. :dazzled: :wacky:

ASFOS, Chris stopping the song to ‘marry’ 3 couples on stage. He can put that on his resume hahaha It was so powerful, paper stars falling everywhere while xylos made the place look like a constellation. Up&Up, one of the best guitar solos Jonny’s ever did, believe in love flashmob was incredible. I only miss a proper encore…
The best Coldplay concert I’ve ever been and 2nd best setlist (u can’t really top VLV tour :awesome:)

u can see my pics here: https://www.facebook.com/isislove.oliveira/media_set?set=a.10206570700091003.1073741848.1376438962&type=3
and my vids here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-7eVWO5IO0MB8OZYyLN9jfxOtcSyj1Pm