Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

14-Dec-08 - London, O2 Arena - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
CLICKIES!!!

London LITE, 15/12/08:

Complete article pic:

Text:

The London Paper, 15/12/08:

Complete article pic:

Text:

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
The leaflet they were handing out after the gig:

My bag and the butterflies!! :flutterby::flutterby::flutterby:

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
Some random and some not-so-random pics I took in London:

First evening... :heart:

At Notting Hill

I did a BBC Television Centre tour and was inside the dressing room :D

These boots were walking up to Violet Hill!!

Just found it's a funny sign.

WEMBLEY!!!!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :laugh3:

I think this is the place to go in case something happens in London... :thinking:

The O2 welcoming us.

View from my seat as the place is starting to fill up SLOWLY.

And after the concert:

The butterfly confetti canons!

Monday!!
(If any one of you in the pic doesn't want it to be uploaded here, tell me and I'll remove it!!!)

My gate where I was leaving from on Tuesday... :\

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
finally catch Coldplay live, after ridiculously missing out on the last one without paying attention. I was lucky to get single seat tickets late in October, but all it meant after that was the endless wait for the actual night itself.

I still remember the first time I paid real attention to them. I liked Yellow, but it wasn’t initially enough to get me chasing after them. Sometime in 2001, Channel 5 showed a MTV Live special on TV, and i was probably channel surfing when it just had to happen that i saw/heard the introduction to ‘Clocks’. The rest, as they say, is history.

Clocks remains one of my personal favourite songs, and I’ve unsuccesfully learnt how to get the first bit off a piano. In any case, my only complain of the concert was that Clocks came on as the third song after Life in Technicolor and Violet Hill, catching me somewhat cold and unprepared. I somehow had fooled myself into believing it would be an encore (the honour went to The Scientist).

Chris Martin was an absolutely livewire on stage, and he just comes across as the bloke next door who made it big writing songs. Makes you even more jealous that his wife is the lovely Gwyneth Paltrow, whom I adore as well.

Hosting the largest sing-along in London as he puts it, he got the whole crowd to hum to that unmistakable hymn in Viva la Vida, and left me bouncing in appreciation to Lovers in Japan. Every song bred its familiarity with me, and it would be a sin for me to not write about this.

I realised how much I love attending gigs. Big (THIS!), small (Read: Base Ball Bear in Hiroshima), they’re all an outlet of escape for me. On another note, i also realise how much closer i really am to leaving London for good. There’s only so much time left, and it’s up to me to make the most of it.

Nonetheless, Thank you Coldplay.

http://becauseimreal.wordpress.com/2008/12/16/viva-la-vida/

Daylight Shadows

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Wow, this one is really beautiful :shocked3:
I would have liked to take some pics of the sunset in London, but I don't know why I was always on the tube before it was already dark

Oh :charming:

It was veeeery nice to meet you after the show, really was an awesome day!!!
and was an ammmmazing gig, and I'm very delighted to have more :flutterby:, the butterflies t-shirt (finally), and one of the yellow balloons from London!!

Chavi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
*hugs Anna* cant wait to see you again in Wembley :nice:

bello-lo

Rock Chic
Coldplayer
can't upload my camera pics until I go back home next week but I managed to take one pretty ok one on my phone

Chavi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Vids from far away.. big screens, how wonderful :dozey:

[ame="http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=cQL2njQGpl0"]YouTube - End of In my place London Dec 14 2008[/ame]
[ame="http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4OjTG5syI"]YouTube - cheering competition O2 London 14th dec 08[/ame]
[ame="http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=3oIt4ekpC0w"]YouTube - DWNC with Simon Pegg 14th dec 08[/ame]
[ame="http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=JPm4dAvqD-w"]YouTube - Green eyes with Simon Pegg 14th dec 08[/ame]
[ame="http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvVwTYdtKk"]YouTube - Goodbyes, Coldplay live at the O2 dec 14[/ame]

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sue, your pics are wonderful

CookyMnstr

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Some random and some not-so-random pics I took in London:

At Notting Hill

I did a BBC Television Centre tour and was inside the dressing room :D

These boots were walking up to Violet Hill!!

Just found it's a funny sign.

WEMBLEY!!!!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :laugh3:

I think this is the place to go in case something happens in London... :thinking:

The O2 welcoming us.

View from my seat as the place is starting to fill up SLOWLY.

And after the concert:

The butterfly confetti canons!

Monday!!
(If any one of you in the pic doesn't want it to be uploaded here, tell me and I'll remove it!!!)

My gate where I was leaving from on Tuesday... :\

AWESOME INCREDIBLE photos Sue!!! THANKS for sharing!!! You've got me so so so excited now to go to London and take my own:D:dance:

DavidBrian08

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Coldplay from upper 4

See folks i think this photo is lovely, hope you enjoy!

David And Brian

Khalplay

Mrs Bra-tin aka Milleuze
Coldplayer
Great pics girls. I can try to upload my stuff but I didn't know that camera of mine sucked that much...

mc_squared

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Great pics girls. I can try to upload my stuff but I didn't know that camera of mine sucked that much...
My concert photos are terrible too - but there are more than enough floating around anyway, and the ones I got before and after the gigs more than made up for it!!:D

Khalplay

Mrs Bra-tin aka Milleuze
Coldplayer
^ I save some of yours (hard to find everything, too much stuff to read between 3 topics ahah) on my computer, the contrast is strange but they actually look cool !

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
Hi Camille!!

I just started uploading my pics for sharing!
I'll send a PM with the link to you and the others when I'm done.
Hope you could finally rest!!

Khalplay

Mrs Bra-tin aka Milleuze
Coldplayer
Thanks Anna (is that the right way to write it ^^?)

Actually I slept like 2 entire days without stopping... last day in London was hard, as Chavi could tell, I was like falling asleep between all stops in the subway hehe !