Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

1. NOTICE: Coldplay Downloads are now back up! Sorry for the downtime
    Dismiss Notice

12-Mar-2009: Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Discussion in '2009: Australian/NZ & Middle East Tour' started by Jenjie, Nov 22, 2008.

Share This Page

1. monkeyman

By:monkeymanMar 12, 2009
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

gee, i havent been on here in ages...
    went to coldplay just a few hours ago, was pretty good
    i was seated a bit away but had a good view...
    i (once again) taped the show (just audio). this time the quality is much nicer and clearer :D
    ill be splitting that and uploading it 2moro
    judging by the lack of any checks for cameras etc hopefully a video of thw whole thing will surface, but my audio should do for now... :p

2. Zeya

By:ZeyaMar 12, 2009
    Not a true fan
    Coldplayer

they played green eyes??? no wayyyyy!!!! i'm so jealous right now..hopefully they'll play it this saturday...or sunday...lol.

i dont know how chris' dad looked like..do u have a photo?

and yea...yesterday too there was a girl fainted before the boys came out...
    i cant imagine being in that situation!

3. Zeya

Not a true fan
    Coldplayer

everyone was freaking out about the no photography rule and everything(thanks to the announcement they made every 10minutes)...turned out that there was nothing to be worried of...

4. razors_girl23

By:razors_girl23Mar 12, 2009
    Truth Beauty Freedom Love
    Coldplayer

Sorry, didn't think to take a photo of him. Just an old-ish looking guy with silver/grey hair. Very British looking haha.

Yes, I just came home from the show to answer your question in the other thread. I'm exhausted haha. I was next to the fence with the end of the runway to my direct right. Planned last night to head to that spot if I couldn't get to the front (which I got nowhere near).

5. razors_girl23

Coldplayer

One guy near me got told off for videoing.

6. razors_girl23

Coldplayer

Oh and another thing which has really been bugging me is people in the crowd and the shoutouts I heard on the radio after the show only screaming "I love you Chris", "Chris is awesome" etc. There's 3 other very talented band members you know. The only time I heard one of them mentioned was "the drummer sang too". His name is Will. If you're willing to spend $140 on tickets, you should know this.

7. Zeya

Not a true fan
    Coldplayer

lol. people around me were a bit like that too. they only sing the songs that are total hit and do not know a single word of the other songs. come on, do your homework before coming! when i talked to people, they were saying that i did my research...well, u do not have to do researches when u are a fan..

8. but a dream

By:but a dreamMar 12, 2009
    Crazy love giraffe.
    Coldplayer

OK... a very fast post since it's 3.30am already.

The crowd was definitely better tonight (especially the seated crowd... more people stood up :lol: in fact EVERYONE in the section beside me stood up :D) Setlist was the same as last night except for the C stage songs, which were Green Eyes, I'm a Believer and DWNC.

A bunch of us waited at the loading dock for the boys. Unfortunately Guy and Jon had left early again, and Will drove off but did not stop although he waved. We waited close to 4 hours in the cold before Chris finally came out. He took photos with everyone and signed one autograph per person :bomb:

9. but a dream

By:but a dreamMar 12, 2009
    Crazy love giraffe.
    Coldplayer

That pisses me off big time really. As much as Chris Martin is the frontman of Coldplay, Guy, Jon and Will (and Phil) are still very much a part of Coldplay. All of them should get the recognition they deserve.

10. Zeya

Not a true fan
    Coldplayer

did u take a picture with Chris again??
    how many were there waiting?

11. Jenjie

By:JenjieMar 12, 2009
    Coldplaying Founder
    Founder Coldplayer

Twitter is full of happy US peeps :lol:

Am wading through looking for concert tweets:

wkavis: 1.30am and still waiting for coldplay autographs, all for my mate, falling asleep standing up... Zzzz
    about 2 hours ago from TwitterBerry

lil_mz_JD: Saw coldplay and well chris martin u r oure genius - awesome awesome concert and would go 2 see u again any day any time any where
    about 3 hours ago from web

JoshAnstey: Had the most awesome night at Coldplay! They are such an incredible band to watch in concert!!!! 3rd time seeing then & want to go again :)
    about 3 hours ago from twitterrific

benbeilharz: Coldplay was fun but golly, how is it even possible to be so edge-less?? Need to listen to some Girls vs Boys while licking batteries.
    about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

aussiecat: Just saw the most amazing Coldplay gig - they absolutely brought the house down - brilliant

Meischak: just got home from seeing Coldplay @ Syndey's acer arena. It was whizbang! What a fabulous show! 12:30am here, off to bed as work in the AM.

drew__lewis: is having fun with mia at the coldplay after party.......chris says hi to you all.

Luchi: I never really appreciated the talent of Chris Martin of Coldplay till tonights show.
    about 4 hours ago from web

jordiebodlay: Big props to #nova969 for playing coldplay live in london tonight to keep the mood for all the concert goers stuck in carparks and traffic.

p3p5y: Coldplay concert... awesome! http://twitpic.com/20zz4
    about 4 hours ago from twitterrific

auxetoiles: @coldplay Bloody brilliant show tonight, guys! Better than 2006...?
    about 4 hours ago from twitterrific

mphilips: thought coldplay was pretty special, especially lovers in japan.

ivanlogan: Just come back from #coldplay who rocked Acer. Tho length of gig should be determined by the strongest bladder not the weakest, Chris Martin
    about 4 hours ago from mobile web

topchap01: Coldplay in Sydney was magic. Wonderful musical talent. Nose bleed seating but that's ok at my age
    about 5 hours ago from TwitterFon

aman_gupta: Coldplay performing in the middle of d audience!!!! Awesome!!! http://twitpic.com/20y9k
    about 6 hours ago from TwitterFon

12. The Escapist

By:The EscapistMar 12, 2009
    Lindisfarne
    Coldplayer

thanks jenjie

13. Denise

By:DeniseMar 12, 2009
    Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
    Coldplayer

There's no two without three now..good luck for the next days and hopefully you will meet Jonny and Guy as well :wink:

14. roche714

By:roche714Mar 13, 2009
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

You are so lucky to go to so many concerts.How are you able to manage that?Do you work or are you in school.?How far is Singapore from Australia?? Just curious..

Enjoy all the shows...

15. Little Miss Clumsy

By:Little Miss ClumsyMar 13, 2009
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Four hours! Wow. When I was waiting in the dock area for the staff bus driver to get his coffee so that I could get to P5, the security guy said that the band were having a party because it was the 100th show and that Chris was going to still be in there for a while. That was close to 2AM so I guess it is better I left to go home then.

Apparently they have never stuck around so long at a venue before (according to the security guy, who is lovely, and to one of my boss-type people) and that it is because the dressing rooms are more spacious than usual at Acer Arena.

16. razors_girl23

By:razors_girl23Mar 13, 2009
    Coldplayer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9_zqHl80YM"]YouTube - Coldplay Plays "I'm a Believer" in Sydney - 13th March 2009[/ame]

Link to a video taken by someone I know who was also there of Chris telling the story of the guy getting a massage at the hotel - followed by I'm a Believer.

17. razors_girl23

Coldplayer

18. but a dream

By:but a dreamMar 13, 2009
    Crazy love giraffe.
    Coldplayer

:bomb: I hope so, but they have been doing runners every night since Brisbane so I don't think I have much chance to meet then :sad:
    I'm working, but I took leave to travel. Singapore is about 7 hours by plane to Sydney.
    The security guy is really nice. He came out to talk to us for about half an hour before Chris came out. He had lots of great stories and anecdotes :nice:

19. Ab

By:AbMar 13, 2009
    девочка
    Coldplayer

20. razors_girl23

Coldplayer

They're not the best pics haha. It wasn't my camera and it was way too slow taking pics with Chris running around like a madman :laugh3: