Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

11-Mar-2009: Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

anniea89

Not just anyone....
Coldplayer
BUMP!!!

Just bumped into a friend of mine at uni who I hadn't seen in ages. She's going to the show tonight but isn't getting there until 5:30, though she's in standing area.

tauiwi

Hotplayer
Coldplayer
Nobody's sending updates? Must be halfway through by now.., its 10:10pm

razors_girl23

Truth Beauty Freedom Love
Coldplayer
A-fucking-mazing. They played Glasses Of Water and I almost had a heart attack. They played every single song I wanted them to. Now to do it all again tomorrow. Had to plan my attack for GA. I'm going to get there around 4:30 to line up and then if I can't get to the very front before other people when we're let in, I will head to the right of the stage where they play a few songs on the little runway type thing. My hope is many people won't have been tonight and won't realise to stand there.

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
Please forgive me again for my incohesiveness after a gig.

I was sitting this time, on Jonny's side :p I was at the end of the ramp so I had a good view of him during IMP. He saw my banner again, and gave me a smile :heart: The concert was great, they played GOW and I'm a Believer, the energy was amazing!!! :D

I got told off by the people behind to sit down because I got excited and started dancing :rolleyes: I was kinda disappointed that I was probably the only person in my block singing GOW.

And something else really FAIL. I was in the queue for the merch and there was this girl behind me who told her friend, 'I really like the blue butterfly tee, but butterflies have NOTHING to do with Coldplay!'

*facepalm*

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
And we met Will and Chris :dead:

We were waiting outside the loading bay trying our luck. Will came out in a van and was very patient and gracious :heart: He told us both Guy and Jonny had left before him, but Chris was still around. So we waited... and waited...

Then this van with tinted windows came out. It didn't stop, although the person inside was waving at us. Some of us thought it was Chris, but the others weren't convinced, so we continued waiting until this nice security guard informed us that Chris was INDEED coming out, although we were to wait quietly and not mob his car.

So we stood at a respectful distance before Kelly came out and opened the door for Chris. He signed everything we threw at him :laugh3:, and took a couple of pictures.

My hands are still shaking.

razors_girl23

Coldplayer
:laugh3: My friend who I took said I was the only one she could see singing GOW. It's in my top 3 Coldplay songs atm, along with Politik and Death and All His Friends, so I'm a happy girl. I really wanted some merch, but the line was too long. I may as well just get it off the website. I too, like the butterfly shirt. I at least know what it means though haha!

razors_girl23

Coldplayer
Oh no!! I wanted to wait around, but my friend needed to go home. Can't be greedy though. I was lucky enough to meet them last time.

P.S I stink!!! Too much singing and dancing.

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
:laugh3: My friend who I took said I was the only one she could see singing GOW. It's in my top 3 Coldplay songs atm, along with Politik and Death and All His Friends, so I'm a happy girl. I really wanted some merch, but the line was too long. I may as well just get it off the website. I too, like the butterfly shirt. I at least know what it means though haha!
I got the tour tee, which still isn't on their website yet :thinking:

And the tote since it's much cheaper @ the show than online (but that's because I can only buy from the UK site, the US site fails on me :p)

Sirhc

Martinized...
Coldplayer
And we met Will and Chris :dead:

We were waiting outside the loading bay trying our luck. Will came out in a van and was very patient and gracious :heart: He told us both Guy and Jonny had left before him, but Chris was still around. So we waited... and waited...

Then this van with tinted windows came out. It didn't stop, although the person inside was waving at us. Some of us thought it was Chris, but the others weren't convinced, so we continued waiting until this nice security guard informed us that Chris was INDEED coming out, although we were to wait quietly and not mob his car.

So we stood at a respectful distance before Kelly came out and opened the door for Chris. He signed everything we threw at him :laugh3:, and took a couple of pictures.

My hands are still shaking.
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!

That must have been sooo amazing! You've met Will and Chris!!
Did you make some pictures? What did he say?
What an experience!!!! :dance:

(I am soooo jealous :D)

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!

That must have been sooo amazing! You've met Will and Chris!!
Did you make some pictures? What did he say?
What an experience :dance:

(I am soooo jealous :D)
I was so nervous... my hands still cannot stop shaking although I try not to.

Will was really nice :dead: I didn't manage to say much to both because there were just too many people and everyone was trying to get a few words in themselves. Although one of the other persons waiting for Coldplay told Chris that I came from Singapore to Sydney to watch them, and Chris said 'Wow thanks.' :nice:

razors_girl23

Coldplayer
Oh. I couldn't believe it when the guys came right near our seats on a mini stage. So lucky!!! Some guy gave Guy and Jonny a beer, so Chris gave him his harmonica. Sweet deal!

razors_girl23

Coldplayer

Will was really nice :dead: I didn't manage to say much to both because there were just too many people and everyone was trying to get a few words in themselves. Although one of the other persons waiting for Coldplay told Chris that I came from Singapore to Sydney to watch them, and Chris said 'Wow thanks.' :nice:
Well, that would have upstaged my "I came from Adelaide to see you" :p

but a dream

Crazy love giraffe.
Coldplayer
I don't have many photos for tonight's gig since I was seated. I've got a couple of shaky videos but I guess I can only upload them when I get back to Singapore next week.

Sirhc

Martinized...
Coldplayer

Ohh I can imagine your hands are shaking, I would feel the same way. It's amazing you've met them :)
Sounds like a dream to me :wacky:

Oh. I couldn't believe it when the guys came right near our seats on a mini stage. So lucky!!! Some guy gave Guy and Jonny a beer, so Chris gave him his harmonica. Sweet deal!
Aww nice Chris :nice: