Sleeping Politik

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, Jordan! :) I'm so sorry I haven't talked to you in SO long! :eek: I just logged onto Coldplaying for the first time in forever so I thought I'd say hi while I'm here! xD And I know I'm super late, but I was wondering what you think about Coldplay's new album Ghost Stories? :) Anyway, I hope you've been having a great summer! :D How have you been doing?
    Hey Jordan!! :D I am so sorry that I haven't talked to you in FOREVER!! :eek: But I will be sure to write you some long messages on here to catch up soon! :) But for right now I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas! :dance: I hope you have an awesome one!! :nice: So, how have you been? :happy:
    Anyway, I think I'm going to buy Phoenix's new album now! That song "Everything Is Everything" has been stuck in my head for days! :laugh3: It's just so catchy. :dance: I've always liked Phoenix, but I really think they could definitely become one of my favourite bands! Thanks once again for sending me those songs! :D Well, I can't really recall anything else to reply to from the w.a.s.t.e. message. If only I could go back and look at it. But w.a.s.t.e. won't let me right now. Oh well. xD But if you remember something you wanted me to reply to, just let me know! :)
    Their music is really...different. It's rocky, quirky, guitar-oriented, and kind of bluesy. And the lead singer's voice is really unique too, some people think it's too weird, but I love it xD
    Another fantastic discovery I've made recently is a documentary. Have you ever heard of Muse's "Under Review" documentary? I found it on YouTube. It's 9 parts that are about 10 minutes long. It gets into everything from the very beginning of their musical endeavors, all the way to The Resistance (the documentary was apparently made before The 2nd Law). Anyway, I've only watched 7 of the 9 parts so far (because I've been so busy and I've been waiting to watch each part when I really have time to pay attention because I'm so weird xD). The only downside is that each one tends to get cut off abruptly at the end when someone's in mid-sentence. :/ But other than that, I've loved it! :D It might be something more known than I thought, but I felt like I'd found buried treasure when I came across it! xD
    I actually bought one of their albums...back in 2009, I want to say it was...? :thinking: It's their Wolfgang Amadeus album. I love it, too, but now that I've listened to more of their music I'm amazed at how diverse their music can be! It's just awesome! :D
    I'm trying my best to recall what else I needed to reply to from the w.a.s.t.e. message but my mind is going blank at the moment. :( Hopefully I'll think of it later on as I type. :rolleyes:
    But speaking of bands, I've recently become obsessed with The White Stripes. They've been out for a long time so I'm pretty late in discovering them. They actually broke up in 2011. But I just recently discovered them because I randomly decided to learn how to play their song "Seven Nation Army" on guitar, and that caused me to look into more of their stuff, and now I'm obsessed! xD Do you know them? :)
    Hey! :) I just went to reply to your message on w.a.s.t.e. and it said "Sorry! We're under maintenance right now." and would not allow me onto the site! :surprised: So I thought I'd just try to reply to what I could remember on here instead, since I don't know when w.a.s.t.e. will be back up. :angry: But oh well, it's no big deal really. I like Coldplaying anyway. :laugh3: But firstly, thank you for sending me those Phoenix songs!! I absolutely LOVED them all! Everything is Everything is ridiculously catchy!! :dance: And that amazing live version of 1901 at Bonnaroo in 2010 was absolutely EPIC! Such a fantastic live performance! OMG!! :D Entertainment and Trying To Be Cool were also awesome songs!! :heart: And Bourgeois was also epic! Really, I loved them all. And I love that guy's voice! His singing voice is amazing, and his French accent when he speaks is just too adorable!! :wacko: That's so cool that you're going to get to see them live! It's gonna be TOO awesome! :wacky:
    Have you seen some of the pictures from Muse's stadium tours? Those concerts looked absolutely INCREDIBLE!! :stunned: I can't believe those lucky people got Dead Star, Feeling Good, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Bliss, Blackout, Plug In Baby and so many other amazing songs! I would not trade the setlist I got...I LOVED my setlist, but I must say I'm jealous of those people for getting those songs. :heart:
    But then again everything they do live is just so amazing that I'd be crying and cheering like a weirdo no matter what they played. :lol:

Somebody told me that one of my favourite bands, Broken Bells, was touring this year, but it turned out not to be true. :disappointed: But oh well, I'm confident The Airborne Toxic Event will announce a tour date near me at some point soon, so I'll get to go to another amazing concert soon anyway, I'm sure! :dance: What about you? Are there any more concerts you're planning on going to this year? :wideeyed:
    Anyway, I'm sorry for venting to you about all that. :(
    But on an unrelated funny note, my mom has been absolutely, completely and totally, insanely obsessed with Radiohead lately! After all these years she finally discovered YouTube and she's been watching tons of Radiohead stuff. I never would have thought that my mom would one day have seen more Radiohead videos than I have, but I think she has now! :lol: Every day, she's all telling me about some random interview she's watched with them or something. I'm glad she loves them but gosh she's obsessed! :laugh3:
    Speaking of the awesomeness of Radiohead, my mom gave me money for my birthday to go on a much-needed band merch shopping spree and so far I've found some totally amazing Radiohead shirts! One of them is for the song How To Disappear Completely. It's so beautiful. :awesome:
    It's really feeling like summer here already! Haha, I know what you mean about the humidity. I have insanely curly hair so I have to battle frizz on a daily basis, thanks to humidity, too! xD
    Your usual summers consisting of staying up till 3am, waking up at 2pm, going on the computer, eating, and repeating actually sounds really fun!! xD Sleeping, eating & the internet are 3 of my favorite things! :nod:
    Well recently my grandfather passed away from cancer. :( So I went to his funeral on the 1st of June and have spent the last week visiting family. I decided to skip out on one of the graduation parties I'm invited to this weekend because I'm just pretty much emotionally exhausted from everything and I'd rather just stay home and try to get back to normal instead of going out and pretending to be normal. But on the bright side, music is helping me through it all, as always. I'll get back to normal eventually.
    Haha, thanks! :awesome: Playing Plug In Baby on guitar is too much fun! xD Pretty recently I've learned Muscle Museum on acoustic guitar, too. :D I stumbled upon this awesome acoustic version of the song Muse did and I just had to learn it! And don't worry, you'll learn the guitar someday! And it's actually really not too hard. I had some difficulty at first but once you get used to it it's like you hardly even have to think about it, and sooner or later it just starts to feel natural and comes pretty easily. :D
    I looked up T.A.T.E. tour dates but haven't seen anything for Texas yet. I'll keep my eye on the tour dates though and if they do announce tour dates anywhere near me, I'll jump on those tickets for sure!! :laugh3:
    Speaking of bands, do you know or like Biffy Clyro? (I'm sorry if I've already asked you this, I can't remember :rolleyes:) Recently I've been totally obsessed with their song Many Of Horror. I love how you can tell how Scottish the guy is when he sings! :wacky:
    Hey! :) I'm sorry for how insanely late I'm replying. These last couple of weeks have been CRAZY. :stunned: Oh and thanks for checking on me during all of the tornadoes happening in my area. My neighborhood got torn up pretty badly in some parts, but thank goodness my house is still here. It was so sad all of the animals who got separated from their owners during the storms, but we were able to form a small volunteer group to search for the animals and we ended up finding most of them and reuniting them with their owners. :happy: Sadly though, my donkey and one of my cats disappeared during the first day of the storms and I haven't been able to find them. That was two weeks ago now so I guess they're gone for good. :cry: One person in my community was killed during the tornadoes and several were injured, but nothing like those poor people in Oklahoma. I can't believe all those tornadoes! :eek: But anyway...I'll get on a happier note in the coming messages.
    Sorry for replying so late yet again! :rolleyes:
    The day before yesterday these insane storms and tornadoes came and knocked our power out for what seemed like forever. I'm just thankful the tornadoes didn't take our house away though!! :stunned: People just a few miles away from us weren't so lucky. :(
    But on an unrelated awesome note, a friend of mine who's an amazing musician has totally MASTERED Plug In Baby on the electric guitar and they taught me! :dance: I played it over and over for like 2 hours straight because I was so happy!! :lol: I felt cool. :cool: xD
    Yet another thing that's totally off the subject, I can't believe that it's already almost June!! :eek: I'm excited for summer though. :happy:
    Do you have any plans for this summer? Because so many of my friends are a year older, I have like 50 graduation parties to go to in June! :blank: xD Should be fun though. :)
    And don't apologize for taking up my visitor message space with videos. I don't mind at all!! :D Especially when it's such awesome music!! :wacko: Who knows, maybe some random person will happen across my wall and give them a listen and find a new band!! xD
    You and your sister got to hug Mikel?!?! :eek: And how amazing it must have been to be not only acknowledged by but complimented by one of your favourite bands!! That just must have been too awesome for words!!!! :omgomg:
    But yeah, I'll definitely go see them if they come near me! I actually need to go look at tour dates right now!
    It's so amazing when a band is not only a great band but the members are such cool people! :awesome:
    OMG!! I can't believe how AMAZING of an experience you had!!!! I actually listened to their new album again today and I'm so happy that you got the live debut of The 5th Day!! That's SOOOO amazing!! :wacky: Their new album is BRILLIANT! :D And OH MY GOSH that is SO awesome that you got to meet Steven! And you and your sister got to get a picture with him!! Like, that's just too awesome!! :dance:
    Thank you for sending me those Kodaline songs!!!! I think I've found a new favourite band!! :heart: Thanks so much for sharing!! And you got to talk to the bassist after the show, too?! :surprised: HOW BLOODY EPIC. :stunned: And he's a Muser? Just wow. :dazzled:
    I can't believe that Kodaline is only just now starting out! They're brilliant!! :loveshower:
    Even though I adore everything by Radiohead, I think I would officially die of happiness if their next album was sort of OK Computer-esque. That was the album to get me into them, and while I enjoy the different path they took for The King Of Limbs and I just love how they experiment so much with such a huge diversity of music types, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something with more Lucky/Karma Police/Paranoid Android/Airbag type stuff to it. Of course, I'll be thrilled with whatever they do though. :D Is there anything you're hoping for in particular from the new album? Like, a certain music style? :) I love their electronica type stuff too, but I'm definitely more obsessive with the stuff that's more guitar-oriented "quirky rock." :laugh3: :wacko:
    If they come near me, I think I'll definitely see what I can do about getting tickets. :nod: However, I literally don't know ONE PERSON who likes them who I could go with (what's wrong with my friends?! :eek: :angry:) I just might force one of my friends to go with me though. :sneaky: I suppose I could go alone though. :thinking: And besides, just the thought that they might play Innocence is enough for me to just go see them by myself, because I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH. :heart:
    You'll have to tell me all about your concert afterwards! I'm sure you'll have a totally amazing time!! :dance:
    And this is off the subject of The Airborne Toxic Event, but I was listening to Atoms For Peace today, and suddenly I got overwhelmed with excitement for Radiohead's upcoming album!! :bomb: Speaking of, have you heard anything more about it? I was just wondering if they've given us any idea of what to expect from it? I'M HOPING SO MUCH for something OK Computer-y. :wacky:
    And it wouldn't have been so annoying that she was recording every song, if she was recording them because she actually loved Muse and that was why she was recording, but the same girl blocking my view with her cell phone was the one who was asking what every freaking song was besides Supermassive Black Hole. So, therefore, she lost her right to block my view with her arm and cell phone held high the very moment she asked which Muse song was playing. :nod:
    But OMG, seriously, the pictures that you did get were simply amazing! :wacky:
    This Friday marks 4 weeks since your Muse concert?! That's unbelievable how fast time is going by! :eek: But how AMAZING it is that you'll be able to celebrate the anniversary by seeing The Airborne Toxic Event for a fourth time! :wacko: That's amazing! I actually didn't know they were touring. :surprised: I'd love to see them!! :heart:
    But, the way I look at it, the other people at the concert should be dancing and having the time of their lives, too. I'm sorry you were stuck next to drunk/annoying/unpwoper fans. :( It's always so maddening! :angry: I tend to have the same luck, too! The people at the Radiohead & Coldplay concerts were so annoying that I'll never forget them! I was so happy at my first Muse concert, because, as I said in the email, there were actually a ton of awesomely pwoper people there! :D But at my 2nd Muse concert, like 98% of the people there were so UNpwoper that I wanted to scream at them all. :angry: That's cool there was one guy at your concert jumping around every song as insanely as you were though! It always makes me so happy to see such a pwoper Muser among so many unpwopers. xD OMG, there was a girl in front of me holding her phone up to record every song the entire time at my concert, too! :eek: It was SOOOO frustrating!!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…