Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 131
  1. #31  
    Coldplayer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    536

    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    I think they gain fans because many people only really know paradise
    Saw Coldplay 9/9/2012
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #32  
    Hi. I'm Louise. Phoebeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between UK and DK. Probably.
    Posts
    6,582

    Fav Album : Parachutes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vanessarrent;5483222
    They did gain and lost fans. Some of the new fans are ''false'' fans and others have come to know Coldplay through the new songs. They lost fans because their songs became to be too mainstream, too artificiel. When I heard ETIAW for the first time, I was not convinced at all. Today, I like MX era, but It's definitely not their best era.

    There's only one thing that I don't like in this era; the VIP tickets (It was too expensive!!!).





    They probably gained a lot for Pardise and POC. At Copenhagen I was talking with some girls who clearly only were there because they were hoping Rihanna would come.

    But I don't think they're gonna keep that kind of fans.
    ♥ 16/8 09 + 23/11/11 + 28/8 12♥

    5/6 12~ The day I phone chatted with Chris.♥ :
    Quote:
    You are so young. Aren't you? And you know, right now everything's ahead of you. You could be anything. You could walk among the stars.
    You know when I was little like you I dreamt of the stars.
    I think it's fair to say, in the language of your age, that I lived my dream. I owned the stage. Gave it a hundred and ten percent.
    I hope you have as much fun as I did.

    Allons-y Celien!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #33  
    Coldplayer vanessarrent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    1,105
    My Country: Canada
    Fav Album : VLVODAAHF
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 18

    0 Not allowed!
    ^A friend who listen R&B and Hip Hop music, start to listen to Coldplay, just because Rihanna sang on POC.

    Coldplay@Osheaga festival 1/08/2009
    Coldplay@Bell Center 26/07/2012
    Coldplay@Bell Center 27/07/2012
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #34  
    Coldplay Mollyxyloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1964
    Posts
    10,282

    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    When I say "do you like Coldplay?"
    I get
    "I only like one song, think its called paradise"
    Best newcomer to coldplaying.com 2012
    Biggest spammer 2012 & MLTSCAIIR 2012
    2nd biggest Coldplay fan (in the world)
    2nd biggest Chris Martin fan 2012
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #35  
    Coldplayer nvdmm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Beyond the horizon...
    Posts
    733

    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 41

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phoebeo;5483940


    At Copenhagen I was talking with some girls who clearly only were there because they were hoping Rihanna would come.

    But I don't think they're gonna keep that kind of fans.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vanessarrent;5483988
    ^A friend who listen R&B and Hip Hop music, start to listen to Coldplay, just because Rihanna sang on POC.

    and theres the problem you see. currently in the music industry "mainstream" is pretty vague. i agree you could always label their singles from the very beginning "mainstream" but their albums as a whole?! definitely not. and thats the difference between parachutes or a rush with MX.

    back then all the teenagers who were there just for yellow or in my place or generally to just jump up and down and have a good time (nothing wrong with that) was far less than people similar to what you two describe above. i swear probably most of the people who turn up now for their live shows don't even know their pre-VLV stuff in its entirety. sure they've heard their singles but the rest...

    i dont think they lost a great number of fans with MX. certainly not as many as they did with X&Y and VLV. they gained a HUGE following though. i mean gigantically huge! but i personally wouldn't call them fans. and if they carry on in the same direction as MX, which is pretty meretricious and lacks the musical depth some people look for, then trust me they'll be even bigger.

    but if you've been a fan since the beginning and you're STILL following them after MX, you're faithful enough to stay a fan even after a collaboration with nicki minaj and her enormous bottom
    Give me love over, love over, love over this.....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #36  
    Coldplayer nvdmm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Beyond the horizon...
    Posts
    733

    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 41

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mollyxyloto;5484023
    When I say "do you like Coldplay?"
    I get
    "I only like one song, think its called paradise"


    Give me love over, love over, love over this.....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #37  
    (Nice Title) James.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In this town of such weather
    Posts
    3,590

    Fav Album : VLVODAAHF
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvdmm;5484031

    but if you've been a fan since the beginning and you're STILL following them after MX, you're faithful enough to stay a fan even after a collaboration with nicki minaj and her enormous bottom



    I can't think of anything interesting for my sig, so this sentence will do.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #38  
    Coldplayer Jayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    267

    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    0 Not allowed!
    I think we for sure gained lots of fans.

    I think Coldplay lost some as well. Some people we're like "This sucks, I like the old music way better! I'm not listening to you anymore Coldplay!"

    But if they said things like that then they obviously we're not true fans to start off with.

    I love all the songs on MX. But I love all the older ones too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #39  
    Coldplayer Guilherme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    90

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    0 Not allowed!
    of course they gain fans in my opinion,coldplay never gain more fans if they didnt be mainstream,if they were the same band they were in the past,they never grow in music popularity,like radiohead is,and i love MX era, if you dont like, respect,WHO thinks Paradise is a bad song?In my opinion this song is fantastic i love the symphony of this song,and others like Charlie Brown and DLBYH .That album shows how coldplay evolves musically.
    be happy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #40  
    Here Comes the Night Time aschall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,803

    Fav Album : VLVODAAHF
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

    0 Not allowed!
    Of course they gained fans. MX is the most approachable and pop-friendly album they've made. A casual listener can't tell the difference between any of the first four albums. Take it from my sister who said, "All their songs sound the same." But MX is the most different and the most mainstream, which is why it gained fans.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #41  
    The Bard Witfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    609
    My Country: Philippines
    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aschall;5484586
    Of course they gained fans. MX is the most approachable and pop-friendly album they've made. A casual listener can't tell the difference between any of the first four albums. Take it from my sister who said, "All their songs sound the same." But MX is the most different and the most mainstream, which is why it gained fans.



    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #42  
    Here Comes the Night Time aschall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,803

    Fav Album : VLVODAAHF
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvdmm;5484031
    and theres the problem you see. currently in the music industry "mainstream" is pretty vague. i agree you could always label their singles from the very beginning "mainstream" but their albums as a whole?! definitely not. and thats the difference between parachutes or a rush with MX.

    back then all the teenagers who were there just for yellow or in my place or generally to just jump up and down and have a good time (nothing wrong with that) was far less than people similar to what you two describe above. i swear probably most of the people who turn up now for their live shows don't even know their pre-VLV stuff in its entirety. sure they've heard their singles but the rest...

    i dont think they lost a great number of fans with MX. certainly not as many as they did with X&Y and VLV. they gained a HUGE following though. i mean gigantically huge! but i personally wouldn't call them fans. and if they carry on in the same direction as MX, which is pretty meretricious and lacks the musical depth some people look for, then trust me they'll be even bigger.

    but if you've been a fan since the beginning and you're STILL following them after MX, you're faithful enough to stay a fan even after a collaboration with nicki minaj and her enormous bottom



    let's hope it doesn't come to this... oh gawd...

    *runs to toilet and vomits*
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #43  
    Fran Alien Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hinnom, TX
    Posts
    10,484

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mollyxyloto;5484023
    When I say "do you like Coldplay?"
    I get
    "I only like one song, think its called paradise"



    When I ask that I usually get "Coldplay? Who the hell is Coldplay?"
    And what's sad about that is that they know for songs like Paradise or Viva or Clocks but they don't know that they're Coldplay songs.
    best new member 2011
    southern & eastern europe ambassador 2012 & 2013
    2nd sexiest user 2012
    2nd mr. coldplaying 2012

    las tum twi
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #44  
    The Bard Witfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    609
    My Country: Philippines
    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alien Radio;5484701
    When I ask that I usually get "Coldplay? Who the hell is Coldplay?"
    And what's sad about that is that they know for songs like Paradise or Viva or Clocks but they don't know that they're Coldplay songs.



    I pity them

    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #45  
    Strangeland Dreamer Troxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Under the Iron Sea
    Posts
    12,794
    My Country: United States
    Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 36

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alien Radio;5484701
    When I ask that I usually get "Coldplay? Who the hell is Coldplay?"
    And what's sad about that is that they know for songs like Paradise or Viva or Clocks but they don't know that they're Coldplay songs.


    When I talk to people like that I usually have to sing part of a song for them to figure out who I'm talking about.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TraceOddity;5633629
    Doesn't every girl wish she could find her very own Aragorn?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •