Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 85 of 85
  1. #76  
    clueing for looks Tash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    42,906
    Chat posts
    31
    COLDPLAY EYE NEW LP



    COLDPLAY fans have got an early Christmas present – the band is secretly working on a new album.

    Laughing off reports that he and the lads are taking a three-year break, Chris Martin told me in an exclusive interview that they had begun working on the follow-up to last year’s mega-selling Mylo Xyloto.

    Chris, 35, told me: “I’ve been writing songs and I’m so fired up about the band’s future.

    “I’m fortunate to do what I do and no way do I want to stop. This three-year break idea only came about because I said at a gig in Australia that we might not be back there for three years.

    “That’s probably true, but that’s just how a world tour works. No chance are we taking a three-year break.”

    The charming frontman was speaking at the launch of an exhibition of Coldplay photos and artwork in aid of children’s charity Kids Company.

    And the dad of two reckons working with them inspires the band to keep making music.

    Chris said: “If we don’t work hard we make less money to give Kids Company. We’re very spoiled and that’s a constant motivator to keep going. Our work with the charity is ongoing. We just tried to buy a building for them near our studio in London, but got gazumped.

    “It was probably Radiohead that outbid us.”

    The exhibition includes the huge canvas the band helped paint for the cover of Mylo Xyloto.

    Chris laughed: “It’s mildly embarrassing to see the painting again. It’s not exactly a Monet or Matisse.

    “But it’s for a good cause and I’m happy to see it because it reminds me of all the ideas we had for the album, which I’m proud of.”

    link
    Luctor et Emergo/not swallowed in the sea


    Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11
    Rotterdam 17-12-11 London 01-06-12 London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13

    it means everything and it means nothing to everybody and nobody - Guy Berryman

    Phil, who is our fifth member, he doesn’t play an instrument but he plays the mobile phone and the laptop computer - Will Champion

    a negative capability is the ability within yourself to accept that things go up and down and you can't always control it and they can't always be up but they won't always be down - Chris Martin

    it’s a good noisy crowd that sing through the show at the Ahoy - none more so than when the band are on the B-Stage and the cheer for Will during Us Against The World is so huge that the song grinds to a halt amidst disbelieving giggles on stage - Roadie #42
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #77  
    Rolling with the thunder rafaelchampion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the swirling of the storm.
    Posts
    2,126
    Chat posts
    28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tash;5476456

    Chris, 35, told me: “I’ve been writing songs and I’m so fired up about the band’s future.


    Best Chris' Quote Ever
    • Parachutes • A Rush of Blood to the Head • X&Y • Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends • Mylo Xyloto • Ghost Stories •
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #78  
    Coldplayer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    357
    Chat posts
    0
    But the album probably won't be released for another 3 years and they won't play shows inbetween, so yes it is a 3 year break from Coldplay, it's the way every band works..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #79  
    Coldplayer ColdplaySheffield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    392
    Chat posts
    2
    Woooooh! So glad to see that the band still have fire in their belly (sorry for the pun ) and want to record more music and play more gigs.

    According to that article, Chris was at the launch of the Exhibition in London. I could have sworn The Oracle said that none of the band would be present! OMG, if I'd have known Chris was there I would have 1000000% gone!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #80  
    clueing for looks Tash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    42,906
    Chat posts
    31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ColdplaySheffield;5476485
    According to that article, Chris was at the launch of the Exhibition in London. I could have sworn The Oracle said that none of the band would be present! OMG, if I'd have known Chris was there I would have 1000000% gone!


    Yes, Chris was there, so were Jonny, Will and Phil.
    This is the Oracle Q&A you're referring to:

    October 18, 2012 - submitted by Jack, United Kingdom

    Q. Hi Oracle,

    Between the 29th of November and the 2nd of December Coldplay's graffiti MX artwork is being displayed in London. I just want to know, will the boys be present?

    Thanks, Jack


    The Oracle replies:

    The band will not be there for the 4 days the exhibition is on, no.
    It will be well worth the visit and once again supporting an amazing cause.


    She only mentions the exhibition, not the opening
    Luctor et Emergo/not swallowed in the sea


    Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11
    Rotterdam 17-12-11 London 01-06-12 London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13

    it means everything and it means nothing to everybody and nobody - Guy Berryman

    Phil, who is our fifth member, he doesn’t play an instrument but he plays the mobile phone and the laptop computer - Will Champion

    a negative capability is the ability within yourself to accept that things go up and down and you can't always control it and they can't always be up but they won't always be down - Chris Martin

    it’s a good noisy crowd that sing through the show at the Ahoy - none more so than when the band are on the B-Stage and the cheer for Will during Us Against The World is so huge that the song grinds to a halt amidst disbelieving giggles on stage - Roadie #42
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #81  
    Flying Dutchman MorningGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lowlands
    Posts
    1,530
    Chat posts
    1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ColdplaySheffield;5476485
    Woooooh! So glad to see that the band still have fire in their belly (sorry for the pun ) and want to record more music and play more gigs.

    According to that article, Chris was at the launch of the Exhibition in London. I could have sworn The Oracle said that none of the band would be present! OMG, if I'd have known Chris was there I would have 1000000% gone!



    Mylo Xyloto is already One year old, so count 1.5/2 years from now an LP6.
    Coldplay.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #82  
    Coldplayer ColdplaySheffield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    392
    Chat posts
    2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tash;5476488
    Yes, Chris was there, so were Jonny, Will and Phil.
    This is the Oracle Q&A you're referring to:

    October 18, 2012 - submitted by Jack, United Kingdom

    Q. Hi Oracle,

    Between the 29th of November and the 2nd of December Coldplay's graffiti MX artwork is being displayed in London. I just want to know, will the boys be present?

    Thanks, Jack


    The Oracle replies:

    The band will not be there for the 4 days the exhibition is on, no.
    It will be well worth the visit and once again supporting an amazing cause.


    She only mentions the exhibition, not the opening



    Well that is very deceiving to say the least. So could the public have attended the "opening?" Pretty disappointed actually .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #83  
    Biggest Will Fan LFDianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Standing next to Will at KROQ, Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,910
    Chat posts
    0
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ColdplaySheffield;5476517
    Well that is very deceiving to say the least. So could the public have attended the "opening?" Pretty disappointed actually .


    No. The night before the official opening was a private friends and family invite-only event. That's what the band were present for. They won't attend the general exhibition that is open to the public.

    Dianne
    08/20/05 Irvine 2/06/06 Anaheim 7/14/08 Inglewood 11/25/08 Anaheim 7/18/09 Carson 07/19/09 Irvine 8/3/11 UCLA 9/15/11 ACL Taping 9/16/11 ACL Festival 10/17/11 the ellen show taping
    10/18/11 KROQ studio, LA 2/8/12 Club Nokia 2/9/12 Jimmy Kimmel
    4/28/12 San Jose 5/1/12 Hollywood Bowl 5/2/12 Hollywood Bowl 5/3/12 American Idol
    5/4/12 Hollywood Bowl 5/5/12 Irvine 6/28/12 Tampa 6/29/12 Miami 12/30/12 Brooklyn
    3/22/14 Secret Show in Los Angeles 3/23/14 Sony Studios
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #84  
    Coldplayer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,163
    Chat posts
    0
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tash;5476456
    I’m fortunate to do what I do and no way do I want to stop. This three-year break idea only came about because I said at a gig in Australia that we might not be back there for three years.


    Thank you media (and other people) to make such a fuss about nothing at all. That alleged three-year break even got a spot in the news broadcast in the tv of the bus I took on Monday, jesus christ.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #85  
    matiastoat42 tutegarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    32
    Chat posts
    0
    i knew it!!! everything from the cancelation of the latin american tour was so confusing but i knew this wasn't possible... and i love that they are thinking of new material it's so exciting! perhaps some new songs will be shown during the latin american tour??? or a new ep before perhaps???




    now the sky could be blue could be grey without you i'm just miles away
    Reply With Quote  
     

  •   
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •