Poll: iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S III? Which is overall better?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chat posts
    I'm definitely not an andriod fan. I had a Nexus 1 back in the day and I just wasn't happy with it. I didn't find it very intuitive to use.

I have an iPhone 4S and I love it.

I'm eyeing those cool Windows phones, though. I really like them. I good friend has one. Too bad, though, I'm too invested in the Apple ecosystem to jump ship. And I'm satisfied with my iPhone so it's no biggie.
    2-3-2003 - St. Louis, MO - 5-6-2005 - Chicago, IL - 9-17-2005 - St. Louis, MO - 2-26-2006 - Dallas, TX - 3-31-2006 - Chicago, IL - 6-23-2008 - New York City (MSG!) - 11-13-2008 - Kansas City, MO - 7-24-2009 - St. Louis, MO - 8-5-2011 - LOLLAPALOOZA (Chicago, IL) 6-22-2012 - Dallas, TX 7-28-2012 - Chicago, IL

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wyrd
    Brent
    "A name normaly given to the most caring, warm people in the world, these people will make you feel beautiful and always keep you smiling. Sexy 'almost mighty fine' beasts.
    Its near imposible to not fall in love with a Brent.
    "

2. Sponsored Links
    Missing The Mark Written In Graffiti's Avatar
    Chat posts
    The GS3 was effectively built as the budget Android version of the iPhone, and in all fairness, it is equally as good; if not even better than the phone it was designed as competition to. The GS3 is approximately Ģ150 cheaper and yet has a bigger display, a far superior camera and display quality, is a nicely phone aesthetically and has access to 99% of the apps iPhone users have. I can't say it is BETTER than the iPhone but it definitely is as good as it.

Chat posts
    Apple fans go on about how the Apple App Store has thousands and thousands more apps than Google's Play as an advantage. True it might have a lot more apps than Google, but I would guess the vast majority of the apps are crap.

Like "free" games which are not free if you want to actually do anything with it

And the tears come streaming down your face
    When you lose something you can't replace
    When you love someone, but it goes to waste
    Could it be worse?

Chat posts
    I'm not gonna say that the iPhones are better since I've never tried the Galaxy one. I do; however, love my iPhone. I don't really have many apps on it because I hardly know what to download. I got a $100 gift card from Apple so I hardly ever pay for anything. I mostly spend it on music from the itunes store rather than apps. The only apps I have on my phone are:

- A flashlight app (which I surprisingly do tend to use)
    - Shazam (which I also use)
    - Where
    - My fitness pal
    - tumblr, instagram, skype, kik, aol radio, a bunch of photo filters, koi pond, tweetgram, idisk, find my phone, which all these were free. The only one that I paid for was Doodle jump which I kinda regret because I hardly ever play it.

The app store has this really nice app about gps but it's expensive. The iphone already has the maps app which is pretty much a gps app. I like the older version better since it was easier for me to navigate and not get lost.
    Linus for biggest smiley user! The Doctor for N/W Europe ambassador & spammer fcam for best newcomer & South American ambassador Troxley for Asian ambassador iccp for African ambassador The Master for friendliest user

Chat posts
    You on Apple Maps or Google Maps?

I agree, the maps with GPS is rather good, it's not as good as a proper sat-nav system, but it's still better than nothing.

Could it be worse?

Chat posts
    No, I don't think it's the google maps but it's the app that comes with the phone. Why?

The google map is not on the app store. I just searched for it. At least, I did not find it.
    Linus for biggest smiley user! The Doctor for N/W Europe ambassador & spammer fcam for best newcomer & South American ambassador Troxley for Asian ambassador iccp for African ambassador The Master for friendliest user

Chat posts
    Are you on iOS 6?

Could it be worse?

Chat posts
    yeah

Chat posts
    If I were to say which one was the better phone overall, I'd most definitely choose the GSIII without hesitation. However, it comes down to preference in the end. I can say I would never blow money on a phone with an OS that has virtually remained the same since the release of the first iPhone. This being Coldplaying I'm not surprised that apple is fairing better in the polls, but I guess the simple and familiar format is hard to shake for a lot of people who are used to it. I can only see Apple going downhill further in the coming years.

Chat posts
    I love and prefer Apple to Android for the same reason most Android fans do not choose Apple I guess ...and it is tight integration, which allows for the use of things like iMessage for example, but at the same time strongly limits customization.

I do not desire or need any more customization than what I can do on an Apple device, but I strongly make use of and appreciate the integration the closed system affords.

So in the end itīs all about what your needs are and which OS better fulfils them.
    Luminous and wired, glowing in the dark

Chat posts
    Haha

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ST;5577455
    Haha

WHY?!?!?!

*stumbles off into the darkness*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Destrokk
    (cant fucking belive im typing this in this STUPID BANDS FORUM)

Spinning in a cloud shipoffools's Avatar
    Chat posts
    I have an iPhone 5, and I love it. I switched from an HTC One, and the iPhone is most definitely better.
    I just got lost
    Every river that I've tried to cross
    Every door I ever tried was locked
    Ooh-Oh, And I'm just waiting till the shine wears off...

June 4th 2009 at Riverbend: the night is gone, but the memory lingers on.

People moving all the time inside a perfectly straight line,
    Don't you wanna just curve away?

It's such, it's such a perfect day.

•   
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12