Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1 That time I met Chris and Gwyneth after they almost ran me over in their car 
    Washington DC, but Philadelphia suburbs for school

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

5 Not allowed!
    So I didn't think I should post this in the Bakery thread because technically it didn't happen at the Bakery, but...

TODAY I MET CHRIS MARTIN AND GWYNETH PALTROW

How, you might ask? Well, they almost hit me with their car. Basically, I wanted to stop by the Bakery and pay my respects- I figured they wouldn't be there, but I'd always wanted to see it. As I was walking down the street following the map I'd printed out, I thought to myself, "hmmm, doesn't Chris live nearby?" And then I noticed one house with some pretty snazzy security. And then I heard a car start from behind the house's gate, and just as I'm about to walk in front of the driveway, CHRIS FUCKING MARTIN backs out. I stood there in complete shock as he pulled a u-turn and backed back into the driveway. So I was like "what the hell do I do, I can't just approach him at his house but I will regret this forever", when over the gate I saw Gwyneth walk out the front door and get into the car. I had just decided to keep walking to the Bakery so I was crossing the driveway again looking down at my map, and then there was Chris Martin aiming his car 2 feet from me.

So I thought "well I've already stopped them and I just can't walk away", but he was already rolling down his window and said "Can I help you?" and basically I just... I don't even remember. I walked up to the window and leaned down and was like "Oh god, I'm so sorry, I didn't know you lived here, I was on my way to the Bakery, but you're the person I've always wanted to meet most in the world and I can't believe this and I'm so sorry I'm outside your house, thank you for stopping". He was like "don't worry about it, it's my job!" and smiled at me, and then asked if I had something to sign. So I gave him the map and a pen and at this point Gwyneth leans around him and was like "hi!" and oh god it was Chris and Gwyneth. So then I told Chris that I'd seen them in concert 9 times and he was like "9?! Wow, thank you!" and asked my name and I told him and he spelled it out back to me and starting writing a whole message, and then I saw him look up at me and then started drawing a doodle of me.

Meanwhile Gwyneth was like "so what are you doing in London?" and I was like "oh I'm a Classicist, I live in Rome but I came here for the weekend to visit the Sherlock Holmes Museum and the Bakery" and they were both like "cool!" but Chris was still doodling away (I remember him looking up, nothing that I had glasses, and then adding them to the doodle). And I just kept apologizing and thanking them and then Gwyneth was like "do you have a phone or something for a picture?" and I gave her my camera and Chris was like "how do we take this picture, should I get out?" and I told him not to get out because I felt so badly already, so he just leaned back and I leaned forward and Gwyneth took the picture and they were both laughing and she said "this is the most awkward picture ever!"

Then Chris handed back my paper and said "I noticed you're wearing an Obama button" and I said "yeah I'm from DC, I was actually there when you played DC on Halloween right before the election" and he said "oh yeah!" and smiled. Then I apologized one more time and thanked them and Gwyneth waved and Chris was like "thanks for visiting!" and then as I walked away I called back "come back to America!!" and he shrugged and grinned and called back "we'll come back when we're invited, you know?" and then waved and drove away and OH. MY. GOD.

After that I basically don't remember anything, I know I stopped at the Bakery and I kept just repeating to myself "you just met Chris and Gwyneth, Gwyneth took your picture with Chris, that just happened". I ran to Starbucks to get some internet, and then I remember getting on the Tube, putting on my iPod, and BLASTING Strawberry Swing, Paradise, and Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. I just can't believe it. I really can't. All the years that I've dreamed about meeting him, this is NOT how I thought it would happen. But it did. This is all I've wanted for so many years, and I can't believe it finally happened. AHHHHH.

Photos:
    Spoiler
    Last edited by notlost92; 03-11-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spoiler cause the photos are huge
    VLV: 8/3/08 10/25/08 10/31/08 5/21/09 front row! 8/3/09

Yes, Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow almost ran me over in their car on 11/3/12, and then Chris drew a portrait of me.

MX: 10/21/11 7/5/12 upgraded! row three! 7/8/12 7/29/12 upgraded again!!! front row- pure magic.

2. Sponsored Links
    My Country: Poland
    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    OH MY GOD! This is so freaking awesome! OMG! I can't stop saying oh my god, because it's the most amazing thing I have ever read! I'm so happy for you! This is really nice story! And you met him with Gwyneth! Awww! They seem so nice *.*
    Thank you for this, you made my day. And thanks for pictures!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    that has to be one of the best stories ever!!!! Wow! How wonderful...so happy for you thank you so much for sharing. I love the picture and the doodle! lol!

Fav Album : VLVODAAHF
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I saw this on tumblr and I was... just like shocked!

MY JAW LITERALLY DROPPED. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! LUCKY.

so that happened right before they got on stage at itunes fest

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    how AWESOME!!!!
    Spoiler

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Omg this is such an amazing sory! Such lucky creature you are! Jeez and they're so nice! I can't even. I'm so happy that it happened to you!

Washington DC, but Philadelphia suburbs for school

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Accola;5450732
    OH MY GOD! This is so freaking awesome! OMG! I can't stop saying oh my god, because it's the most amazing thing I have ever read! I'm so happy for you! This is really nice story! And you met him with Gwyneth! Awww! They seem so nice *.*
    Thank you for this, you made my day. And thanks for pictures!

Oh man, they were SO nice. Gwyneth had a whole conversation with me and she was just sitting there with her feet on the dashboard and Chris was so nice and I just kept apologizing for stopping them at their house but they were so, SO amazing about it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kestrel;5450745
    that has to be one of the best stories ever!!!! Wow! How wonderful...so happy for you thank you so much for sharing. I love the picture and the doodle! lol!

I do think it's a pretty unique story, haha... and oh man, when I looked down and saw that he was drawing ME, I thought "wtf Chris" I think he did all that because I was so apologetic for stopping them even after they told me it was fine...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldlocked;5450751
    I saw this on tumblr and I was... just like shocked!

MY JAW LITERALLY DROPPED. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! LUCKY.

I love your username and avi omgomg
    I also went to Speedy's today and The Sherlock Holmes Museum, it was incredible!
    VLV: 8/3/08 10/25/08 10/31/08 5/21/09 front row! 8/3/09

Yes, Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow almost ran me over in their car on 11/3/12, and then Chris drew a portrait of me.

MX: 10/21/11 7/5/12 upgraded! row three! 7/8/12 7/29/12 upgraded again!!! front row- pure magic.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Girrrl, I want to be you so much right now

also how is it possible that they are so perfect?! how?! i.can.t

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    This is why Chris Martin is the best frontman ever!
    I can't think of anything interesting for my sig, so this sentence will do.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Think about it, how many people can say,
    "OH, I was nearly run over by Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow in London on the way to Coldplay's recording studio and got a picture with him and a long autograph!"

so that happened right before they got on stage at itunes fest

My Country: Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 64

0 Not allowed!
    i'm so happy for you

i would do !! ANYTHING !! to get to meet him, or any of the other three too for that matter.... but i guess i just never will
    Biggest SMILEY USER 2013 and Biggest WILL CHAMPION FAN 2012 & 2013
    Viva la Coldplay, we'll be glowing in the dark!
    Justice For The 96 - Hillsborough 15 April 1989 - 25 years
    Liverpool FC - You'll Never Walk Alone
    Facebook - Twitter
    2009-08-22 COLDPLAY (Olympic Stadium - Stockholm)
    2012-08-30 COLDPLAY (Olympic Stadium - Stockholm)
    2014-07-02 COLDPLAY (Royal Albert Hall - London)

leave a light, a light on PrincessofChina's Avatar

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    HOLYSHIT! This is amazing! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You do not only have a photo together with Chris Martin, no no, you have a photo together with Chris Martin that Gwyneth freakin Paltrow took! WOAH!
    "We have the best fans in the world and everybody knows it!" - CM

Rotterdam 17-12-2011
    The Hague 06-09-2012
    London 19-12-2013
    Cologne 25-04-2014

30-09-13 & 11-11-13

Fav Album : Parachutes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

0 Not allowed!
    Best story ever.
    <a href=http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/KSpillers2/fixedfinal-Copy2sized.jpg target=_blank>http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...Copy2sized.jpg</a>

My Country: Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 18

0 Not allowed!
    Amazing story!! Congrats!

Coldplay@Osheaga festival 1/08/2009
    Coldplay@Bell Center 26/07/2012
    Coldplay@Bell Center 27/07/2012

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Wow. That is incredible! Congratulations!
    Coldplay's gonna knock you out!

)

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast