Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Chris Martin to replace Keith Urban on The Voice Australia? 
    Chat posts
    Voices tipping Coldplay coup

It's the job that has been linked to almost every musician here and abroad and now a new frontrunner has emerged in the hunt for a Keith Urban replacement on The Voice Australia.

Music industry sources say Chris Martin, who is set to touch down here early next month for a series of concerts with his British super band Coldplay, is close to signing a deal and his appearances will be worked around his Australian tour schedule.

Coldplay are due to open their Antipodean tour in Auckland on November 10. They will then move on to Melbourne (November 13) and Sydney (November 17 and 18), before winding up their Xylo Myloto tour in Brisbane on November 21.

The visit would also work in nicely with The Voice's filming schedule. Auditions for the second season are understood to be well under way and blind studio auditions are set to begin taping in the coming weeks.

A music source said that executives for The Voice's production company Shine are keen to nail down the high-profile coup and that Martin - who was reportedly offered a spot on The Voice UK's coaching panel last year but declined - would return to Australia next year for live tapings.

"The schedules check out and (Martin) ticks all (Shine's) boxes," a music insider said. "He has a huge international profile and the publicity would do no harm to Coldplay's album sales in Australia.

"Plus, he is married to Gwyneth Paltrow."

A rep for Nine said an announcement regarding Urban's replacement would be made "soon".

A Shine spokeswoman said: "Nothing to say on that."

In the wake of Urban's defection to American Idol, The Script's Danny O'Donoghue and Kylie Minogue are also believed to have been approached for the coveted coaching gig.

link
    Luctor et Emergo/not swallowed in the sea

Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11
    Rotterdam 17-12-11 London 01-06-12 London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13

it means everything and it means nothing to everybody and nobody - Guy Berryman

Phil, who is our fifth member, he doesnít play an instrument but he plays the mobile phone and the laptop computer - Will Champion

a negative capability is the ability within yourself to accept that things go up and down and you can't always control it and they can't always be up but they won't always be down - Chris Martin

itís a good noisy crowd that sing through the show at the Ahoy - none more so than when the band are on the B-Stage and the cheer for Will during Us Against The World is so huge that the song grinds to a halt amidst disbelieving giggles on stage - Roadie #42

2. Sponsored Links
    Chat posts
    Would prefer to see him on The Voice UK instead

Chat posts
    no no no no

no
    Imagine how is touch the sky.

Chat posts
    I can't imagine humble Chris criticizing prospective singers, giving thumbs up or down. That is just so wrong so I hope this isn't true.

Chat posts
    oooooh i hope not WHY would he do that?!

Uttamo
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldplaymom;5433195
    I can't imagine humble Chris criticizing prospective singers, giving thumbs up or down. That is just so wrong so I hope this isn't true.

Haha that's exactly what I was thinking! He's too nice!

Chat posts
    Not A reality show! PLEASE NOO!

Chat posts
    Wow.. really?
    if you never try you'll never know

Spoiler

Chat posts
    yeah and its snowing in hell!! come on guys i think the herald sun is being sarcastic
    Give me love over, love over, love over this.....

Chat posts
    Perth Now, 13 September

Also believed to be on the wish list is Coldplay's Chris Martin, Kanye West and Foo Fighter Dave Grohl (although tour commitments and his public dislike of talent shows would make his signing the coup of the century).

link
    Luctor et Emergo/not swallowed in the sea

Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11
    Rotterdam 17-12-11 London 01-06-12 London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13

it means everything and it means nothing to everybody and nobody - Guy Berryman

Phil, who is our fifth member, he doesnít play an instrument but he plays the mobile phone and the laptop computer - Will Champion

a negative capability is the ability within yourself to accept that things go up and down and you can't always control it and they can't always be up but they won't always be down - Chris Martin

itís a good noisy crowd that sing through the show at the Ahoy - none more so than when the band are on the B-Stage and the cheer for Will during Us Against The World is so huge that the song grinds to a halt amidst disbelieving giggles on stage - Roadie #42

Chat posts
    I really DOUBT this is going to happen!

Chat posts
    Haha imagine Chris sitting in a chair and saying that you absolutely suck!

Chat posts
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    <a href=http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac308/Bikeinpink/birds.jpg target=_blank>http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/a...pink/birds.jpg</a>

"You will make it, only if you run" - Julian Plenti

Mine for Keeps: "A Rush of Blood to the Head" (song) -- Chris's "Fix You" crowd dash @ Sound Relief -- Chris & Jonny's acoustic performance of "The Scientist" @ Philly Y100 -- Interpol's thread -- "...and Gwyneth's making drumsticks," and Chris's laugh afterwords -- Anchorman's Happy Birthday shout-out to my son -- Unplugged "Us Against the World" @ Letterman gig 9/20/11

A spark in a sea of grey Viva_La_Coldplay's Avatar
    Chat posts
    I really hope he turns it down. Mind you, if he doesn't, I'll still be going to the taping, absolutely And it said he'll be coming back next year for tapings too? MMMMM. More Martin for me

Srsly though, I hope he doesn't do it. Somehow I don't think Will and Guy would be in favour of him getting involved with such commercial stuff.

AUSTRALIA ♥s COLDPLAY
    05.03.2009 ♥ 31.07.2011
    ♥ 13.11.12 ♥ 15.11.12 ♥ 17.11.12 ♥
    18.11.12 ♥ 21.11.12

Chat posts
    He could not be a bigger hypocrite if he said yes to this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast