1. #1 How Will the One-Year Hiatus Affect the Music, LP6? 
    Here Comes the Night Time aschall's Avatar

Fav Album : VLVODAAHF
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sure we all know at this point that Coldplay will be taking 2013 off. My question is, how will this affect the music? Chris has said all the time that he writes songs based on how he feels at that time. Do you think taking a year off to focus on family will trickle down to the music? Perhaps we will see more love songs, more piano, or more acoustic productions? I think Chris would make great music if it was inspired by his kids. I don't know...

I think LP6 will be much more relaxed and subtle than MX, but that's just me.

Thoughts?

2. Sponsored Links

Fav Album : VLVODAAHF
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    I think taking a year off will certainly give them a chance to really think about where they want to go with LP6. Hopefully it will allow them to focus on creating a really good, solid album if they don't have to worry about touring or promoting new material. It will be like 2007 when they basically spent the whole year working on Viva while soaking up influences from the places they went to. Maybe they won't spend 2013 recording in churches, but I'm sure spending time with their families will give them the inspiration they need, and allow them to come back with a 'clean slate' like they did with Viva.
    I can't think of anything interesting for my sig, so this sentence will do.

Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SuperFitz;5403130
    I think taking a year off will certainly give them a chance to really think about where they want to go with LP6. Hopefully it will allow them to focus on creating a really good, solid album if they don't have to worry about touring or promoting new material. It will be like 2007 when they basically spent the whole year working on Viva while soaking up influences from the places they went to. Maybe they won't spend 2013 recording in churches, but I'm sure spending time with their families will give them the inspiration they need, and allow them to come back with a 'clean slate' like they did with Viva.

Whether or not you consider MX a good album, I think it pretty much is already a clean slate from Viva. I mean, really the two albums don't have much similarity stylistically or construction wise.

As for how the hiatus will affect anything, I'll believe the hiatus when it occurs, not when vague rumors say it will.

My Country: Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 24

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aschall;5402491
    I'm sure we all know at this point that Coldplay will be taking 2013 off.

but it's just rumour at this point...

Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    I've heard that they are continuing the tour through to next year though? :O
    I think they should have a little break but not all of 2013, that's probably me being selfish though, I don't want them to disappear for a while
    I think they obviously need a break, they work so hard, perfecting their music and they tour a lot of the time, but I LOVE THEM SO MUCH
    -DON'T GO COLDPLAY!-
    Best newcomer to coldplaying.com 2012
    Biggest spammer 2012 & MLTSCAIIR 2012
    2nd biggest Coldplay fan (in the world)
    2nd biggest Chris Martin fan 2012