Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for stepping into the conversation, but Prospector is right. Roger Waters made 9 River Plate stadium here in Argentina, 45.000 people each night. U2 made 3 nights at La Plata stadium. I'm not saying that Coldplay is going to come, but I think South America (especially Brazil, Argentina and Chile) is already a good (and not great) market for live concerts.

2. Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Melwen;5433951
    Sorry for stepping into the conversation, but Prospector is right. Roger Waters made 9 River Plate stadium here in Argentina, 45.000 people each night. U2 made 3 nights at La Plata stadium. I'm not saying that Coldplay is going to come, but I think South America (especially Brazil, Argentina and Chile) is already a good (and not great) market for live concerts.

A great live draw for the right acts in the right cities, yes. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a major profit center yet. In business terms, it doesn't really matter what your draw is, only revenue - costs, just the same as every other business in the world.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prospector;5433886
    Yeah, but we are getting there, since 2010 we're having loads of big international acts coming. Lady Gaga and Madonna are next this year, this wasn't common 10 years ago...

Exactly. as a market SA is really opening up, which is a good thing for those that live there and want live shows.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Travis81;5433919
    One thing, Did you know that your country is asking loans, yes loans to our country because USA have some cash problem??? My country is from latin america,the problem is not the money the problem is money is not divided fairly among the people, and we can pay this concerts, that's why we fight and complaint why not all the band visit us. And we are having more nd more concerts since small band start to believe we are a good market, the problem in some countries are the producer, but for the rest, people, money,fans, we more then USA I dare to say.No offence but from your point of view is a little small your perspective.

Well, that's the essential problem with money everywhere, but that's not the issue I was talking about. The perspective I'm writing from is that of someone who used to work in the live music industry (admittedly on a small scale.) and still hears things from friends in that line of work. Talk to most anyone who works tours and they'll tell you more or less the same thing I am. I'm not saying this to offend you, honest.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fakfak;5433163
    Actually, South America still isn't considered a real profit center in the touring industry. Although tickets are often expensive in the local currency, you have to factor in the exchange rate of the local money, to US $ or GPB or whatever. It's also far more expensive to freight all the gear to South America and then from county to country within (this also applies to some other regions like Australia.) and I've heard from people I know who work with tours that it's a lot harder to rent any backline equipment there, so most everything needs to be freighted. South America is an emerging market for live concerts, and in 10 or so years could well turn out to be an important region for touring, but honestly (and I don't mean this as offense to you guys who are from there. ), it's just not there yet.

The trip to South Africa last year might as well have been a benefit concert

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldplaymom;5434072

Well, that's probably going a bit too far.

But it's worth pointing out that there are reasons that bands tend not to tour certain areas until they can fill massive venues.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldplaymom;5434072

Sorry but what is the benefit??

Tamarindo, Costa Rica (Someday it will be London)

Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    There are rumors going about a concert in february in Costa Rica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wuuuuuaaaaaaaaaa I cannot go :/ :'(
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    No news.. Sad
    • COLDPLAY LIVE BUENOS AIRES 26 FEB 2010

• COLDPLAY LIVE RIO DE JANEIRO 28 FEB 2010

My Country: Peru
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!
    If by november's there's still nothing, I think is safe to say there won't be a tour.

Tamarindo, Costa Rica (Someday it will be London)

Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Hey! so this entertainment company is Costa Rica is trying to make arrangements to bring Coldplay there. They are putting it up to a voting, apparently.

I thought it would not hurt to ask you guys for help! The only thing you have to do is to like the very first comment in the photo, that says "COLDPLAY"

I find it somewhat offensibe, maybe, that the other two are One Direction and Justin Bieber, but most of the people in my country are not far from dumb and they could win... voting closes on friday!

so please vote!!! Coldplay has very little votes, so all the help we can get is welcome! Thank you guys!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JM-SP2;5438055
    If by november's there's still nothing, I think is safe to say there won't be a tour.

It's not looking so likely at this point. At least not for February.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Travis81;5435703
    Sorry but what is the benefit??

I agree with this as the concerts in South Africa last year were warm up shows for the Mylo Xyloto tour.

I'm going to Cape town next month, I wonder if I wrote to Coldplay and asked them to come back there in November they would do so

London O2 Arena - 15/12/08
    London Emirates Stadium - 2/6/12
    London Royal Albert Hall - 1/7/14

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    So the Oracle has spoken:

The Oracle:
    :
    Quote:
    Decisions are made and changed on a daily basis as to what happens next after a campaign is coming to an end.
    The natural thing to do is to take some time off but that has never yet been a year.
    The band may be out of sight to the public but that doesn't mean they aren't working in some way or another.
    After the Viva tour, the band returned for a Latin American leg. They finished 11th March 2010. They performed a couple of Crisis at Christmas gigs later that year and then re-emerged for live shows in June 2011 while continuing with the writing & recording process.

So now I can sleeeeeppppp well.

My Country: Peru
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!
    so today this news came to me as a shock: there's a rumor on Twitter that Coldplay MAY play in Lima on March. The thing is that the info is being handle by very few people who are involved in the concert scene here. Pretty hard to believe since Peru has never been in the rumored dates but well, there's nothing bad in having a little hope right?

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast