Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Chat posts
    <iframe align="center" src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?group_id=&user_id=78861059@N07&set_id=72 157632005848207/with/8184769742&text=" frameBorder="0" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no"></iframe>
    Luctor et Emergo/not swallowed in the sea

Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11 Rotterdam 17-12-11
    London 01-06-12 London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13 Cologne 25-04-14

2. Sponsored Links
    Chat posts
    <iframe align="center" src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?group_id=&user_id=60016203@N02&set_id=72 157632003130198/with/8183462464&text=" frameBorder="0" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11 Rotterdam 17-12-11
    London 01-06-12 London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13 Cologne 25-04-14

mr coldplaying himself busybeeburns's Avatar
    Chat posts

Review: Coldplay @ Etihad Stadium, Melbourne (13/11/2012)

The Coldplay support slot was never going to be an easy one for The Temper Trap. However, as their recent AFL Grand Final appearance highlighted, the Melbournians are gradually moulding their sound to suit an arena setting – and it’s a getting better with every outing. Obvious choices ‘Trembling Hands,’ ‘Drum Song’ and ‘Sweet Disposition’ were perfect arena-fillers and were delivered without fault. However, the performance felt like it was lacking an element of unpredictability: A bit of audience participation, a jam, even a musical miss-step – just something to break up proceedings and inject something more “human” into the set.

When Coldplay landed, it illuminated the difference in calibre of the bands, literally. Having all been issued with colourful wristbands upon entry, the crowd transformed Ethiad Stadium into a capsized Christmas Tree as waving bangles flickered neon and the “kings of arena” appeared. Chris Martin commanded every inch of the venue as he galloped around each prong of the forked stage, blasting into Mylo Xyloto’s ‘Hurts Like Heaven’ as fireworks lit-up the sky in unison.

The whole show was a startling illustration of just how far Coldplay has come in the last 12 years. From the timid indie kids of yesteryear they have morphed into a choreographed, well-oiled machine that excels in this kind of environment.

With the smell of sulphur still lingering, the band navigated their way through explosions of confetti to a rendition of ‘In My Place’ which silenced any skeptics about Etihad Stadium’s sound. Will Champion’s behemoth drums boomed around the stadium, and this, along with ‘Yellow’ and ‘The Scientist’ were delivered with a confidence and aggression unapparent on original recordings.

‘Warning Sign’ was the wild card and potential highlight of the night as the oft-forgotten stunner kept the die-hard fans happy. But it was songs such as ‘Viva La Vida’ and ‘Paradise’ which garnered the biggest screams of the night.

With such a catalogue of hits, it was easy to forget that this was a Mylo Xyloto tour first and foremost, however this became more apparent as the show progressed. Most of the lighting, special effects and giant bouncy balls were reserved for the new releases.

The encore saw the four Brits teleport to a tiny stage at the back of the stadium, huddling together to deliver a drum-less ‘Us Against The Worl’d and ‘Speed of Sound’, which gave a sense of faux-intimacy, before they raced back to the stage to cap off the night with ‘Clocks’, ‘Fix You’ and ‘Every Teardrop is a Waterfall’.

The sheer ridiculousness of the lighting spectacle was so enthralling that at times it was easy to take Coldplay’s near-faultless performance for granted. It’s amazing that something as simple as a flashing wristband could transform what was a great performance into an experience for everybody to be a part of. It also made the most of the arena setting – no matter when you were located every spot had its advantage: Whether you were in the stalls dancing under a shower of confetti, or in the furthest corner of the arena, gazing across a beautiful sea of neon lights.

Most of us say it’s better to see a band in a small, intimate venue, but when a band does an arena show as well as that, it’s enough to make you reconsider.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/revie...ourne-13112012
    The early bird catches the worm. The second mouse gets the cheese!

Chat posts
    Coldplay Play Melbourne

Coldplay beat all big expectations by all those who bore witness to the elaborate spectacle that one of the world’s biggest bands put on for all who attended Melbourne’s Etihad Stadium on Tuesday the 13th of November were by far exceeded.

Lead by front man Chris Martin, Coldplay blew everyone away with their high energy on stage not to mention the fireworks, confetti cannons, beach balls that were thrown out into the crowd and the wrist bands distributed at the door which lit up to the sound of the beat of their songs.

The first support act were a two-piece act called The Pierces made up of sisters, Catherine and Allison Pierce. They definitely had powerful voices, a great folk/rock sound and not to mention pitch perfect harmonies, which are always beautiful to listen two but when communicating with the crowd, I found the girls too be so uncomfortable and awkward. They just did not know what to say which unfortunately resulted in “Gee, isn’t this a good-looking crowd?”… Please. They also didn’t communicate with one another whilst on stage. I would strongly advise them to rely on each other for support and the audience will relate to them better if they do. Their band were very impressive however, all clearly tremendously gifted players.

Next to take the stage was Australia’s own indie rock sensation, The Temper Trap. I can honestly say that this is one of the best bands this country has to offer in terms of large-scale live performance. From the moment they walked out on stage to their last song, they maintained a level of professionalism and entertainment that got the audience so very revved up. Singer, Dougy Mandagi, is truly a performer to be revered by all in the profession not only for his amazing voice but his consistently captivating stage presence and ability to capture the attention of everyone in the room or in this case, stadium. It was actually quite shocking to hear such a big voice come out of a pretty small guy.

“Love Lost” was definitely one of the biggest crowd responses, but sadly the responses for their newer singles were quite disappointing. The band we’re all just as entertaining throughout the set as well as being terrifically tight. For their last song which was obviously the hit that got them where they are, “Sweet Disposition”, they began with an original intro in which Mandagi played drums for and then the opening riff began, and while this did get a big crowd response, they could have dramatized it better. It came in right over the drums and it was unfortunately a little anti climactic, however they played the song fantastically and ended on a big note.

Considering the pre-empted excitement caused by the incredible back drop behind the stage and the elaborate stage design itself, it was no wonder that the tension began to build as more people poured into the stadium. The ambiance completely changed when the instrumental music that was being played between sets fell away and Jay-Z’s “99 Problems” began to play which, ironically, got everyone more revved up than either of the previous bands. Finally the whole stadium light up and the band emerged as some huge fireworks went off. Amazingly, the afore mentioned wrist bands which were handed out upon arrival began to light up to the beat of their opening number which was spectacular. As soon as all of these spectacular show elements went off, I couldn’t help but wonder if they were in place to keep people distracted from there being little going on with the band. That thought quickly left my mind as they threw themselves right into their opening song, “Mylo Xyloto.” For their next trick, what seemed like 100 beach balls were thrown into the crowd which almost got the audience as excited as the fact that the next song that began was their beautiful track, “The Scientist” which Chris sat down at the piano for and was simply mesmerizing. The crowd absolutely sang their lungs out and became even more enthused when the rest of the band joined in. The band has such a unique tone that just about anyone would recognize a song of theirs even if they weren’t familiar with that particular song. Another huge crowd response was of course “Yellow” which surprisingly they played closer to the beginning of the set when it seems like a song they would save for the end.

There was lots of dynamic variation through their set; there was evidently a lot of thought as to which songs to play when and it really kept the crowd on their feet. Its nice to go to a concert and have everything be unpredictable. Chris Martin as well as being a talented vocalist was just a humble charming person and no matter what he was doing be it jumping around playing guitar, singing at the piano or getting some crowd participation going, he was always the focus and kept the set interesting. The definite crowd favourite of the evening was “Viva La Viva” where everyone rose to their feet and sang at the top of their lungs. Chris Martin Walked down the catwalk in this song and really stayed with the audience. At the end of the song he lay down on the stage as the audience still continued to sing the bridge section. It was unbelievable. This was definitely the high point of the show and the energy in the crowd was only sustained as they continued.

The song they played before their encore was their hugely popular hit from 2011, “Paradise” and again the crowd were uplifted. For the encore the band all made their way to a stage at the back of the arena and played two acoustic songs, as if they hadn’t made the set intimate enough for the fans. They returned to the stage for the moment I had been most anticipating, they played their smash hits and the songs they are certainly known for, “Fix You” and “Clocks”. Everyone was on their feet having such a great time. They then finished on “Every Teardrop” which brought the house down and of course Chris Martin wore the Australian Flag around his shoulders. The audience’s applause seemed endless as the band thanked the crowd took a bow and made their way off the stage.

Coldplay are such a well rounded accomplished band who have really perfected their sound and who’s music are certainly part of the anthem compellation for Generation Y. If ever Coldplay should come to your town, purchasing a ticket to a show would definitely be a good investment. This band really knows how to put on one hell of a show.

link

Coldplayer
    Chat posts
    I feel like I had been planning this for years, but last Tuesday I saw Coldplay live at Etihad Stadium for their only Melbourne show.
    Everyone was given a wrist band as went they entered Etihad which would be a part of an interactive show. The atmosphere was more than electric as I made my way to Mosh Pit A.
    The stadium was packed with people ready to see the support band but there was still enough room to push to the front.
    The first support band was The Pierces, an American band made up of two sisters Allison and Margret. Their song Secret is the theme for the TV show Pretty Little Liars. Next up was Melbourne band The Temper Trap. By this point the crowd was starting to get revved up. People were more familiar with The Temper Trap, who performed at this year’s AFL Grand Final, so there was more singing from the audience.
    The stage got dark and I was about to explode with excitement. The theme to Back to the Future started playing and I started screaming. It flowed into Mylo Xyloto and then Hurts like Heaven and I almost fainted out of joy. I’d never been that excited in my life. Fireworks were ignited off the top of the stadium and every pair of eyes followed the bright lights. They lit up the night sky and, for me at least, it was like everything in the world had stopped. At that moment it didn’t matter that I was being crushed into some guys armpit, or that I had lost my friends in the crowd or even that I couldn’t e see the band. I was at a Coldplay concert and I had no intention to waste a second of it. So I sang at the top of my lungs with everyone else and kept accidently hitting this poor woman in front of me. I even swear at one point I started a clapping chain that echoed throughout the crowd.
    The interactive part of the show was that the wrist bans we were given lit up with the beat of the music. The stadium was illuminated by the different colours of the wristbands and it made the stadium glow.
    Everyone had their camera phones high in the air, so if I really couldn’t see I would just watch the concert through their screens.The performance was a great one to be in the mosh pit. During In My Place confetti cannons were firing into the sky and multi coloured butterflies and dragonflies fell among the crowd. Everyone reached out to grab what they could and it felt wonderful to have them in my hair.
    My favourite song performed was Viva La Vida. The crowd went nuts. Everyone was singing and not holding back. The best part was when the song was over, but the crowd kept singing without the music. I could hear Chris Martin laughing at us and trying to move onto the next song, but everyone just kept getting louder and louder.
    I will never forget this concert. I’ve watch the Youtube clips so many times since then, trying to re-live the best experience of my life.
    Oh, and in case you were wondering, I eventually did find my friends. I thought you might have been worried about me so I wanted to put your minds at ease. [thanks e-Box Updates] [4]

•   
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819