Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 Help with some electric guitar tricks 
    Account disabled
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lima-Peru
    Posts
    111

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Hi, I would like to know how does jonny do to make this sounds:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx1QmqSa3Lc"]Coldplay - 02 - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face Live 2003[/ame]

    1) From 0:44 to 0:46
    2) From 1:02 to 1:10 and from 2:18 to 2:24
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2  
    Coldplayer fakfak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,076

    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

    0 Not allowed!
    It would be almost impossible to fully replecate his tone as he uses a ton of gear, both pedals and rack mounted to acheive his sound. However, this setlist from the twisted logic era:



    Indicates at that time he was using a Boss RV3 Reverb pedal, RAT distortion, and some sort of rack gear (probably a delay), though not nessacarily(sp) all at the same time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Account disabled
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lima-Peru
    Posts
    111

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    I found this cover of moza and he does that sounds that Jonny does on live.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JS6VMNyK5M"]Moses // Coldplay // Guitar Cover - YouTube[/ame]

    moza, can you tell me How did you get the note to sustain so long? or does anybody can tell me please?


    sorry for my bad english.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Coldplayer fakfak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,076

    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

    0 Not allowed!
    It's not the way it's done in the clip (or the way JB does it), but you could use a sustainer (or an ebow) to make the notes sustain that long, but both of those are expensive options.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Coldplayer PointZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    45

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zergio107;5283637
    I found this cover of moza and he does that sounds that Jonny does on live.

    Moses // Coldplay // Guitar Cover - YouTube

    moza, can you tell me How did you get the note to sustain so long? or does anybody can tell me please?


    sorry for my bad english.



    Moza gets his tone and effects from the BOSS ME-70, which is a very good investment if you're looking for covering Coldplay. I've listened to all of his covers, and he replicates Jonny's tone better than anyone I've heard.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Coldplayer moza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    84

    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Hye guys,just noticed this thread.

    I just used a moderate distortion(in ME-70 I used Modern option) plus a heavy hall reverb.

    Hope this might help you guys.

    Sorry for my English.

    Don't stop when you get blisters - Jonny Buckland
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Glowing in the Dark samerater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Downtown, where the lost boys meet
    Posts
    291

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fakfak;5282074
    It would be almost impossible to fully replecate his tone as he uses a ton of gear, both pedals and rack mounted to acheive his sound. However, this setlist from the twisted logic era:



    Indicates at that time he was using a Boss RV3 Reverb pedal, RAT distortion, and some sort of rack gear (probably a delay), though not nessacarily(sp) all at the same time.



    Have you got any other setlist photos with Jonny's effects notes on?
    - 23/03/09 Singapore Indoor Stadium -

    Keeper of:
    - Jonny's KROQ Paradise solo
    - "On concrete canvas, I go making my mark"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Account disabled
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lima-Peru
    Posts
    111

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by moza;5290207
    Hye guys,just noticed this thread.

    I just used a moderate distortion(in ME-70 I used Modern option) plus a heavy hall reverb.

    Hope this might help you guys.

    Sorry for my English.



    Ok, thanks man, I really appreciate your help.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •