Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chat posts
    meh,

Haters gon hate.

2. Sponsored Links
    Chat posts
    There are reasons why some of my friends hate Coldplay.
    1. They are jealous of Coldplay's fame.
    2. They think some covers by others singing better than Coldplay's.
    3. They can't stand the style of Chris Martin's singing.
    4. They can't feel what meaning the song wants to tell.
    5. They tease Coldplay with no reasons. :O

But there are still some love Coldplay, and they like to talk about Coldplay with me.

I introduce Coldplay's music to my classmates. They all love Coldplay. That's what I care about.
    if you never try you'll never know

Spoiler

33 Technicolor Boulevard, The Little Apple
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ColdplayingfromKansas;5276479
    Well, several of my guy friends think they are a "winey" band that only writes piano ballads, but I think it's basically because they aren't seen as a "cool" band. They aren't seen as rock-y enough by half of the "haters" (I use this term loosely, mind) and indie enough by the other half.

idk, there are a lot of reasons, but honestly I think that if these people took the time to actually sit down and listen to their lyrics and instrumentation (basically, all of the quirks that make Coldplay who they are), there would be far fewer "haters".

It's a case of people forming an opinion based on what others tell them their opinion should be, not on what their honest interpretation is. Call it the bandwagon effect
    Every Road is a ray of light

Chat posts
    List of mentioned reasonings that people don't like Coldplay:

1. No reason
    2. People are stupid
    3. Coldplay are likable ()
    4. Coldplay are nice
    5. People like to hate
    6. People like awful music
    7. Coldplay are not cool
    8. People are jealous of Coldplay's collective sexual attractiveness (WUT?)
    9. Coldplay are whiny (seems legit)
    10. People prefer different artists
    11. People don't understand the song meanings
    12. People are jealous of their success

So far, these reasons lead me to conclude that people who don't like Coldplay are stupid and horrible. They only like terrible music, which of course does not include Coldplay. They just don't get the hidden brilliance in the songs. Besides, those Coldplay dudes are so nice and liked, so hot, SO FAMOUS, that these people can't stand it and are envious! Also, they hate Coldplay for no (legitimate) reason.

Are you guys serious? It's impossible to think 'oh, Coldplay must not be their cup of tea', instead you must say negative things or paint a bad picture of people who don't like them? Oy vey.

Chat posts
    ^Agreed. This thread seems eeerm... a little naive.
    On the other hand, this is a fansite, you can't expect everyone to understand a 'hater''s point of view.

I think the main reason they're disliked is because they're not the most innovative of bands, and still they're massively succesful.
    If you don't like them, it's really annoying to hear and see them everywhere, so you start disliking them more and more. In the same way Justin Bieber or Lady Gage are disliked by most people on here. (Coldplay are obviously on another level, but still.)

Also, some people find them depressing. I don't think that's much of an argument though.

22. September 2012 ♥ Lena Berryman's Avatar
    Chat posts
    I know also haters, who have never heard a Coldplay song and hate them. But those people are listening to Techno and Hip Hop ...Well, what shall I say to this?!

Chat posts
    It's normal that Coldplay is not everyone's cup of tea. But you've got to be really stupid asshole with no real life to go bashing the band you don't like on the Internet. I can understand ridiculing some over-advertised "stars", that are used by their producers to get as much money as they can. But when people start getting at someone, who is a decent artist (not only Coldplay), really annoys me.

Chat posts
    I understand not liking coldplay, but HATING them? There's some that hate coldplay with such passion! I REALLY don't understand that at all!

Life needs a replay button.

I would replay Friday night. At LEAST 42 times!

8/5/11
    Lollapalooza

Chat posts
    I'm afraid to read this thread because if someone says it's because they're jealous I will shoot myself

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crests;5276855
    I'm afraid to read this thread because if someone says it's because they're jealous I will shoot myself

shield your eyes crests !
    I'm not a prophet or a stone age man, just a mortal with potential of a superman.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaxRide;5120728
    Do you only fart one frequency of light?
    tv's ~ deep freeze ~ david bowie lp's

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Destrokk;5597871
    im voting Kat for everything because she isn't Greg and she rocks my socks and she shares the austrian sugar daddy love so sorry Gregorino

Chat posts
    here's some reasons i've found over the years as to why people dislike them...

a) chris martin was born rich/middle class.
    b) they don't sing about cool stuff like drugs and hoes
    c) they aren't cool rock stars and chris is all nice and says he likes everyone and never disses anyone ever.
    d) they sing sad songs about love and sadness and aren't all mysterious like radiohead.
    I'm not a prophet or a stone age man, just a mortal with potential of a superman.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaxRide;5120728
    Do you only fart one frequency of light?
    tv's ~ deep freeze ~ david bowie lp's

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Destrokk;5597871
    im voting Kat for everything because she isn't Greg and she rocks my socks and she shares the austrian sugar daddy love so sorry Gregorino

You're in control Rainystrawberry's Avatar
    Chat posts
    ^ B,C,D are really good things. I'm glad Coldplay isn't singing about drugs and hookers.

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue Nails;5276658
    ^Agreed. This thread seems eeerm... a little naive.
    On the other hand, this is a fansite, you can't expect everyone to understand a 'hater''s point of view.

I think the main reason they're disliked is because they're not the most innovative of bands, and still they're massively succesful.
    If you don't like them, it's really annoying to hear and see them everywhere, so you start disliking them more and more. In the same way Justin Bieber or Lady Gage are disliked by most people on here. (Coldplay are obviously on another level, but still.)

Also, some people find them depressing. I don't think that's much of an argument though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lafinion;5276726
    It's normal that Coldplay is not everyone's cup of tea. But you've got to be really stupid asshole with no real life to go bashing the band you don't like on the Internet. I can understand ridiculing some over-advertised "stars", that are used by their producers to get as much money as they can. But when people start getting at someone, who is a decent artist (not only Coldplay), really annoys me.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cyan Kat;5276874
    here's some reasons i've found over the yearsas to why people dislike them...

a) chris martin was born rich/middle class.
    b) they don't sing about cool stuff like drugs and hoes
    c) they aren't cool rock stars and chris is all nice and says he likes everyone and never disses anyone ever.
    d) they sing sad songs about love and sadness and aren't all mysterious like radiohead.

I think most of it is said here
    Coldplay doesn't get much "hate" anyway, lots of people dislike them but "hating"...that's pretty strong, and rare.
    A very dazzled Coldplay fan

Chat posts
    I know a few of my friends don't like Coldplay because their songs "all sound the same". I don't see it but I guess if all you hear is the radio singles a few may seem similar.
    ♥ COLDPLAY ♥
    3.8.12 30.12.12

You're in control Rainystrawberry's Avatar
    Chat posts
    ^ almost all singers sound the same.
    Whenever a Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry song starts playing I automatically know it's them.
    IMO the reason no one complains about them is because they sing about sex, breaking up, terrible relationships and more sex. Katy Perry and Lady Gaga seem to have a lot of sexual references. Maybe if Chris wasn't so nice and sung about sex ,beating up woman, hookers, and drugs people would think they were cool. Then they would be mainstream on the radio 24/7.
    Oh, and they would need new outfits, maybe some super tight shirts that are half open.
    ....this is just an opinion and I could be wrong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12