Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 American Express - Coldplay interview 

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    I didnt know where this should go. Just LIKE the page and u can see the interview
    http://www.facebook.com/americanexpr...36185056434100

2. Sponsored Links

Fav Album : VLVODAAHF
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks that's interesting..

24th November 2011 - Little Noise Sessions - Hackney ~ 9th December 2011 - O2 Arena - London
    2nd June 2012 - Emirates Stadium - London ~ 7th August 2012 - Chicago IL - USA ~ 6th September 2012 - The Hague - The Netherlands
    19th December 2013 - Under1Roof

a.e.i.o.u - Pooger |<3

Standing next to Will at KROQ, Los Angeles

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shira;5264592
    I didnt know where this should go. Just LIKE the page and u can see the interview
    http://www.facebook.com/americanexpr...36185056434100

I'm sad I didn't win

Dianne
    08/20/05 Irvine 2/06/06 Anaheim 7/14/08 Inglewood 11/25/08 Anaheim 7/18/09 Carson
    07/19/09 Irvine 8/3/11 UCLA 9/15/11 ACL Taping 9/16/11 ACL Festival
    10/17/11 the ellen show taping 10/18/11 KROQ studio, LA 2/8/12 Club Nokia
    2/9/12
    Jimmy Kimmel 4/28/12 San Jose 5/1/12 Hollywood Bowl 5/2/12 Hollywood Bowl
    5/3/12 American Idol 5/4/12 Hollywood Bowl 5/5/12 Irvine 6/28/12 Tampa 6/29/12 Miami
    12/30/12 Brooklyn 3/22/14 Sony Studios 3/23/14 Sony Studios

Fav Album : Parachutes
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Can someone write it in here? I hate having to 'like' such things to read it.
    ♥ 16/8 09 + 23/11/11 + 28/8 12♥

5/6 12~ The day I phone chatted with Chris.♥ :
    Quote:
    You are so young. Aren't you? And you know, right now everything's ahead of you. You could be anything. You could walk among the stars.
    You know when I was little like you I dreamt of the stars.
    I think it's fair to say, in the language of your age, that I lived my dream. I owned the stage. Gave it a hundred and ten percent.
    I hope you have as much fun as I did.

Allons-y Celien!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Awww.. but you've been so lucky lately.. Maybe next time ?

24th November 2011 - Little Noise Sessions - Hackney ~ 9th December 2011 - O2 Arena - London
    2nd June 2012 - Emirates Stadium - London ~ 7th August 2012 - Chicago IL - USA ~ 6th September 2012 - The Hague - The Netherlands

a.e.i.o.u - Pooger |<3

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phoebeo;5264600
    Can someone write it in here? I hate having to 'like' such things to read it.

Leslie U., WINNER
    "Through all of Coldplay's trajectory, what has been their most gratifying accomplishment?"

Will: Releasing our first album.

Guy: Headlining Glastonbury for the first time in 2002.

Phil: Under One Roof concert for Kids Company last year at the o2 in London.

Jonny: Hearing Steve Lamacq play Brothers and Sisters on Radio 1 in 1999. Our first ever national radio play.

Chris: Staying together.

Jorge A.: Has the meaning of the word 'Coldplay' changed for you from the time you formed the band until now? - We're moving on from this one.

Phil: For me, its meaning changes with every single thing that has happened to us over past 14 years. It's two syllables that sum up every mad, exhilarating, depressing, poignant, experience that we've ever shared together. At the beginning it was just a made-up word. Now it represents everything that's ever happened to us.

Alisa S.: At this stage in your career, is it difficult to take new directions artistically? Do you ever worry that your artistic evolution could alienate long-time fans?

Will: No. Because those fans still have the music that they liked in the first place. We're not changing what we've done in the past - hopefully they will always enjoy that music. But we have to keep challenging ourselves and making it interesting for ourselves.

Karly R. & Julia M.: If you were asked to pick one of your songs to be put in a time capsule and sent into outer space, what would it be?

Guy: Moving To Mars. Feels quite apt. Or would it be Yellow? Look at the stars...

Jonny: The Scientist.

Will: Viva La Vida.

Miles Leonard (Parlophone boss): See You Soon or Politik.

Phil: Clocks.

Chris: None, I'd fill it with chocolate.

a.e.i.o.u - Pooger |<3

Fav Album : Parachutes
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Comicforce;5264601
    Awww.. but you've been so lucky lately.. Maybe next time ?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Comicforce;5264603

Leslie U., WINNER
    "Through all of Coldplay's trajectory, what has been their most gratifying accomplishment?"

Will: Releasing our first album.

Guy: Headlining Glastonbury for the first time in 2002.

Phil: Under One Roof concert for Kids Company last year at the o2 in London.

Jonny: Hearing Steve Lamacq play Brothers and Sisters on Radio 1 in 1999. Our first ever national radio play.

Chris: Staying together.

Jorge A.: Has the meaning of the word 'Coldplay' changed for you from the time you formed the band until now? - We're moving on from this one.

Phil: For me, its meaning changes with every single thing that has happened to us over past 14 years. It's two syllables that sum up every mad, exhilarating, depressing, poignant, experience that we've ever shared together. At the beginning it was just a made-up word. Now it represents everything that's ever happened to us.

Alisa S.: At this stage in your career, is it difficult to take new directions artistically? Do you ever worry that your artistic evolution could alienate long-time fans?

Will: No. Because those fans still have the music that they liked in the first place. We're not changing what we've done in the past - hopefully they will always enjoy that music. But we have to keep challenging ourselves and making it interesting for ourselves.

Karly R. & Julia M.: If you were asked to pick one of your songs to be put in a time capsule and sent into outer space, what would it be?

Guy: Moving To Mars. Feels quite apt. Or would it be Yellow? Look at the stars...

Thank you very much.
    ♥ 16/8 09 + 23/11/11 + 28/8 12♥

5/6 12~ The day I phone chatted with Chris.♥ :
    Quote:
    You are so young. Aren't you? And you know, right now everything's ahead of you. You could be anything. You could walk among the stars.
    You know when I was little like you I dreamt of the stars.
    I think it's fair to say, in the language of your age, that I lived my dream. I owned the stage. Gave it a hundred and ten percent.
    I hope you have as much fun as I did.

Allons-y Celien!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 246

0 Not allowed!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Comicforce;5264603

Oh, Chris!

Thank you for posting btw!
    Very nice short interview
    A very dazzled Coldplay fan

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Another question

Emily B.: People often say your concerts are life-changing. What life-changing concert have you been to?

Will: The Flaming Lips, Glastonbury Festival 1999.

Jonny:
    Super Furry Animals, ULU, 1997.

Phil: U2 ZooTV Wembley, 1992.

Guy: James Brown, Summer Sonic Festival 2001.

Chris: John Williams, New York Philharmonic.

And a little note from Phil

"Hello everyone. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions for the
    Amex Press Pass. I sat down with the band in the dressing room and
    talked through your questions. Here's what we had to say. Love, Phil."
    — Phil Harvey, Coldplay's Creative Director
    Luctor et Emergo/not swallowed in the sea

Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11 Rotterdam 17-12-11 London 01-06-12
    London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13 Cologne 25-04-14 London 01-07-14 London 02-07-14

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Oh yes, thank you I missed that bit off..

a.e.i.o.u - Pooger |<3

My Country: Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks all
    Nice questions.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    People find it hard to believe because they just don't understand but the only concert; the only artist I care to ever see in concert is Coldplay. No other music touches me or has impacted my life the way their music has.

Yet unfortunately it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to see them this year which really bums me out because I imagine all too often screaming their lyrics at a concert when I'm driving in my car or just listening to coldplay radio.

If I could win some tickets or find an AWESOME deal on some I would be beyond happy. Guess I'll wait patiently....

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masques;5264657
    People find it hard to believe because they just don't understand but the only concert; the only artist I care to ever see in concert is Coldplay. No other music touches me or has impacted my life the way their music has.

Yet unfortunately it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to see them this year which really bums me out because I imagine all too often screaming their lyrics at a concert when I'm driving in my car or just listening to coldplay radio.

If I could win some tickets or find an AWESOME deal on some I would be beyond happy. Guess I'll wait patiently....

I'm exactly the same way. I haven't been to another concert by another artist and I don't really care to. I like a lot of different kinds of music, but Coldplay moves me, and gets me to get tickets and go to the concert location, etc. Nobody else does.
    That said, I chose not to go to the Hollywood Bowl concerts in May, partly due to cost and partly due to my hubby really frowning at the prospect of having to park there. I am going to wait until they come back to LA, hopefully to a different stadium.
    Coldplay's gonna knock you out!

)

Standing next to Will at KROQ, Los Angeles

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittybitty;5264686
    I'm exactly the same way. I haven't been to another concert by another artist and I don't really care to. I like a lot of different kinds of music, but Coldplay moves me, and gets me to get tickets and go to the concert location, etc. Nobody else does.
    That said, I chose not to go to the Hollywood Bowl concerts in May, partly due to cost and partly due to my hubby really frowning at the prospect of having to park there. I am going to wait until they come back to LA, hopefully to a different stadium.

We are going to two shows at the Hollywood Bowl. Our plan is to park at the lot at Hollywood and Highland, by the Kodak Theater, and just walk to the Hollywood Bowl. It's less than a mile.

Dianne
    08/20/05 Irvine 2/06/06 Anaheim 7/14/08 Inglewood 11/25/08 Anaheim 7/18/09 Carson
    07/19/09 Irvine 8/3/11 UCLA 9/15/11 ACL Taping 9/16/11 ACL Festival
    10/17/11 the ellen show taping 10/18/11 KROQ studio, LA 2/8/12 Club Nokia
    2/9/12
    Jimmy Kimmel 4/28/12 San Jose 5/1/12 Hollywood Bowl 5/2/12 Hollywood Bowl
    5/3/12 American Idol 5/4/12 Hollywood Bowl 5/5/12 Irvine 6/28/12 Tampa 6/29/12 Miami
    12/30/12 Brooklyn 3/22/14 Sony Studios 3/23/14 Sony Studios

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Is it a video interview? Or just that written text??

12.09.2008 Lanxess Arena, Köln ; 7.09.2009 Parc des Princes, Paris ; 20.12.2011 Festhalle, Frankfurt ; 2.09.2012 Stade de France, Paris

:
    Quote:
    "How we feel about our fans http://who-is-awesome.com/who-is-awesome.jpg CM"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast