Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 How early do you turn up to a Coldplay gig? 
    Chat posts
    Hey, first post but massive fan since 2007, and a moderate fan since 2005

I'll be seeing Coldplay for the first time in June at Manchester Ethiad Stadium. I have standing tickets because I want to be close to the band. So my question is, how many hours should I wait for? Do people turn up very early or what? I've already warned my friend and sister we're going early though

One of my concerns is toilet breaks. Standing for hours will inevitably cause anyone to need to toilet unless I go dehydrated but that's not too safe I wouldn't think hehe.

So anyway, thanks guys. Hope this isn't a difficult question

2. Sponsored Links
    Chat posts
    I know some people who get to these things at around 7am..

24th November 2011 - Little Noise Sessions - Hackney ~ 9th December 2011 - O2 Arena - London
    2nd June 2012 - Emirates Stadium - London ~ 7th August 2012 - Chicago IL - USA ~ 6th September 2012 - The Hague - The Netherlands
    19th December 2013 - Under1Roof

a.e.i.o.u - Pooger |<3

Chat posts
    BUT when will they open do you think? Coldplay are playing the day before aswell so I mean, maybe we'll be let in late?

Chat posts
    I don't know. I have no real experience with Stadiums. I went to the 02 but I had a seat.. I also went to the Little Noises, and some of the people I went with had been there since 7.30.. I got there at 10.. but with the stadiums I imagine there will be more people getting there early. Personally I'd get there as early as you can.

24th November 2011 - Little Noise Sessions - Hackney ~ 9th December 2011 - O2 Arena - London
    2nd June 2012 - Emirates Stadium - London ~ 7th August 2012 - Chicago IL - USA ~ 6th September 2012 - The Hague - The Netherlands
    19th December 2013 - Under1Roof

a.e.i.o.u - Pooger |<3

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Taz1853;5159519
    Hey, first post but massive fan since 2007, and a moderate fan since 2005

I'll be seeing Coldplay for the first time in June at Manchester Ethiad Stadium. I have standing tickets because I want to be close to the band. So my question is, how many hours should I wait for? Do people turn up very early or what? I've already warned my friend and sister we're going early though

One of my concerns is toilet breaks. Standing for hours will inevitably cause anyone to need to toilet unless I go dehydrated but that's not too safe I wouldn't think hehe.

So anyway, thanks guys. Hope this isn't a difficult question

There are some people that i'm sure will be there super early to be in front of the stage. I've seen Coldplay GA several times and each time I got there around 10AM or so(for a show that started at 8PM) there was almost always people there. Using the bathroom is inevitable... so my best friend and I would take turns using it and the other would hold our place in line. It will be a long day for you but trust me, it is so worth it There is nothing like being that close to them.
    04/29/05 Las Vegas,NV 08/20/05 Irvine,CA 02/03/06 Las Vegas,NV 07/19/08 Las Vegas, NV 11/22/08 SLC, UT7/16/09 Chula Vista,CA 07/18/09 Carson,CA 07/19/09 Irvine,CA 08/05/11 Lollapalooza Chicago,IL 09/15/2011 ACL Taping 09/16/11 ACL Festival 09/23/11 Iheartradio Festival Las Vegas, NV 10/17/11 Ellen Taping Burbank, CA 04/27/12 and 04/28/12 San Jose, CA 05/04/12 Hollywood Bowl 05/05/12 KROQ Weenie Roast Irvine, CA 06/22/12 and 06/23/12 Dallas, TX

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by l0wxo2;5159567
    Using the bathroom is inevitable... so my best friend and I would take turns using it and the other would hold our place in line. It will be a long day for you but trust me, it is so worth it There is nothing like being that close to them.
    Yes, but once they open the gates you can't do that anymore, right? Do they give you advance notice when they plan to open the gates, so you can time the breaks appropriately?
    there is no Carrie, only Zuul...
    the mongrel cat with the crazy-kitten smile

Chat posts
    Oh so you queue originally? I thought we'd straight be let in to the arena! Ah, all seems a bit easier now, so toilet breaks would be possible. That's good. We were aiming for 10AM anyway so you think if we queue then we'll be fine?

Hopefully this thread will be useful to others as I'm sure I'm not the only one in the same boat.

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NumbersGirl;5159569
    Yes, but once they open the gates you can't do that anymore, right? Do they give you advance notice when they plan to open the gates, so you can time the breaks appropriately?

^Isn't is supposed to be written on the tickets ?

I go to the Stade de France in Paris, and it's said on my tickets that they will open the gates at 6 PM. (The time probably changes between the gigs)
    A very dazzled Coldplay fan

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NumbersGirl;5159569

I don't have any experience with the stadiums in the UK, only US shows but generally, it is on the ticket what time doors open and I always check with security to double check. Once you are inside, I wouldn't advise you leave your spot to go use the bathroom lol my best friend did that once and she almost couldn't get back to her original spot.
    04/29/05 Las Vegas,NV 08/20/05 Irvine,CA 02/03/06 Las Vegas,NV 07/19/08 Las Vegas, NV 11/22/08 SLC, UT7/16/09 Chula Vista,CA 07/18/09 Carson,CA 07/19/09 Irvine,CA 08/05/11 Lollapalooza Chicago,IL 09/15/2011 ACL Taping 09/16/11 ACL Festival 09/23/11 Iheartradio Festival Las Vegas, NV 10/17/11 Ellen Taping Burbank, CA 04/27/12 and 04/28/12 San Jose, CA 05/04/12 Hollywood Bowl 05/05/12 KROQ Weenie Roast Irvine, CA 06/22/12 and 06/23/12 Dallas, TX

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by l0wxo2;5159581
    Once you are inside, I wouldn't advise you leave your spot to go use the bathroom lol my best friend did that once and she almost couldn't get back to her original spot.
    yeah that's exactly what I would be afraid of
    there is no Carrie, only Zuul...
    the mongrel cat with the crazy-kitten smile

Chat posts
    Well me and My firend waited for Coldplay in 17 hours D we came to the festval at 3.30 at night and nobody was there we did like a numer system so it would be fair, we where the first ones we we wrote numer 1 on our hands and the next was 2 ,3 ,4,5,6,7, and so, it was really good and we was the first ones 8D we where in the front 8D
    [I]For you , I'd bleed myself dry ~[/I]

We'll run wild
    We'll be glowing in the dark

mr coldplaying himself busybeeburns's Avatar
    Chat posts
    I turn up when I've finished in the pub.
    The early bird catches the worm. The second mouse gets the cheese!

Coldplayer
    Chat posts
    June?! And you're still here?! Run, now!
    You DO want Chris Martin's sweat dripping all over you?
    And toilet breaks?! How dare you...

On topic - never seen them live. Can't help you.

Chat posts
    At the Ahoy gig my father and I turned up an hour before the doors opened. I wanted to go earlier, but my dad like (we had to travel 3 hours by train and metro to get there and he wanted to do some other stuff that day too).
    Afterwards I was kinda glad we didn't go earlier, cause after half an hour it was raining and the wind was blowing pretty hard and I was really really cold. We still were standing at the 5th row. A pretty nice score for turning up not that early + visiting the garderobe and toilets before actually joining the crowd.
    I think you should turn up very early in the morning, like 7-10 AM (than you're definitely standing front row and you can hang with other hardcore fans) OR one/two hours before the doors open. Don't think anything in between is really worth it...

edit: Oh, the show was on a Saturday. So maybe it would have been less crowded if it wasn't and then we would have been standing closer to the stage...

Chat posts
    Actually, that's one of my biggest concerns right now, because I'll have to check in at the hotel first, and it's as late as 13:00 then there's dropping off stuff and a run to the stadium that's 3 km long...

•   
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast