Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Account disabled
    Chat posts
    As many influences as they have, Coldplay are such genius musicians that their creations sound like their own genre altogether I don't like that they like Jay -Z and Kanye, purely because those guys don't seem to be as concerned about earthly issues and incorporate it into their music as Coldplay does sometimes. But if that hip-hop becomes a part of the revolutionary and evolutionary Coldplay sound, then it's TOTALLY AMAZING!

2. Sponsored Links
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nature;5009830
    Hmmmm.......

Great post!

Spoiler

Science and progress The Philosopher's Avatar
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Baw8cc;5009481
    Guest starring: Charlie Sheen.

Little white shadows. Blockflote's Avatar
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crystaline;5009804
    Ok. I thought you were trying to imply that a "true" hip-hop fan would find their foray into that genre amateurish. So.. my apologies for the wrong assumption.

I guess I just don't find what's so upsetting about their latest work. At the core of all the experimentation, they still sound like Coldplay to me. I still recognize the band I fell in love with all those years ago. Granted, I'm not completely sold on ETIAW as yet. I think the lyrics are shit and Chris can do way better. He has done way better. But I'm fine with where they're going musically. They've managed to make four albums and none of them sound the same. That's quite hard to do. I think it's something to be proud of. I know the obvious album people will toss in a fire is X&Y. But, save for maybe one or two tracks, I loved it.

Oh, but I'll get back to you on that Rihanna collaboration come October 25th, lol.

A clap for you.

:
    Quote:
    When Chris and Jonny were asked about their transition to pop they responded: "We're just making what we want to make. We were making what we wanted to make back in 1999, and we're doing the same thing now. Yellow is probably our most pop song, and that's on our first record. Maybe. We don't want to keep making the same record, so some people like one record, some people like another record. Our first priority is to make something that sounds cool. We don't worry about what genre it fits into."

Chat posts
    For me a great musician can get inspiration of ANY kind of music (or drugs xD)
    If they can use these hip-hop,rap,blablabla elements and make good music,great...you can get something good from all,the problem is know how to apply these "elements"

Sorry for my shitty English,i cant understand myself

•   
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123