Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Strawberry Swing Forever woohoo37's Avatar

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrkjhnwht;4985395
    Frankly, the song's already been written for her, and she's merely a session musician on PoC. She's not intended to bring something artistic to it.

But if you really want to talk about what's wrong in music, X Factor's a better place to start. At least Rihanna didn't skip a queue to get where she is.

EDIT: Also as a point, it will open the doors for Rihanna fans to check out bands like Coldplay if they like it? I don't like Rihanna all that much, but if I was working with Coldplay, I'd want their fans not to judge the song before it's been heard...

Saying Rihanna is a step up than X Factor isn't saying much. Though at least many of those people don't need a machine to help them sing.

2. Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by woohoo37;4986228
    Saying Rihanna is a step up than X Factor isn't saying much. Though at least many of those people don't need a machine to help them sing.

Actually, it's saying a lot, at least Rihanna had some control in the direction of each of her albums. And most artists tune their vocals, even Coldplay, but Rihanna is someone who doesn't heap tons of autotune onto her voice. As I said, I don't like Rihanna (but that Only Girl In The World song is pretty good) but it could've been worse. They could've picked Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, JLS, The Wanted or The Saturdays to work with.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Til_Kingdom_Come;5516187
    If coldplay do actually do that death metal thing then the songs won't hat well, won't get much airplay and will confirm my sad belief that rock music is becoming extinct as there will be no more high charting rock singles!! Oh no. The albums do fine but now all the rock awards are going to ed Sherran (who i do not like!) :/

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone can upload the videos? Apparently there are no less than four video interviews on MTV and I can´t watch any of them

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/69243...tml#id=1670995
    Luminous and wired, glowing in the dark

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    They asked her to sing on it and were nervous about her response. They are hardly gonna say she sang it crap and we wished we had never asked her are they?

Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samuel_94;4986242
    They asked her to sing on it and were nervous about her response. They are hardly gonna say she sang it crap and we wished we had never asked her are they?

No ofcourse they wont say that,otherwise they will sell less albums.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    ^ Yeah they are just being gracious. I fully expect Chris' voice to outshine Rihanna's every time (no offence) but that is how biased I am. Also, they would make themselves look silly if they said that because they wrote it FOR her.

Account disabled

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    you do not respect the band a fact. you are shame and disgrace of'm saying fans of the band, and you all do not know or meet Rihanna and judge on the role of scene being asked to do. it's called the mirror of evil people who see you all.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    This will almost certainly be a single and i'll tell you why.

because everything Rhianna releases goes directly to #1 on almost every billboard and chart in the world, and not only that but it stays there for weeks.

If both coldplays and rhianna's audience bought this as a released single, it would give the lads their second number 1 and make EMI a LOT of money.
    P i l o t v i e w F T W ™
    J.A.M.I.E

Stop it! I don't have gay jungle fever!.

Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bonus_mosher;4986279

because everything Rhianna releases goes directly to #1 on almost every billboard and chart in the world, and not only that but it stays there for weeks.

Aha so Coldplay used her to make a great change to be on number 1 for weeks.

Now we know why they chosen her.

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think the problem is the 'blending of genre' that they've been fooling around with. I think it's the quality of the collaborative choices they make. Rihanna? Why not Santogold? I think that would've been awesome. Just my opninion though...I don't get the Jay-Z thing either. I'll reserve judgement until after I've heard it.

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Has anyone actually heard rihanna sing the song yet? or do they spew prejudiced its gonna be crap crap?

rihanna has a perfectly capable voice, its her music thats not very vocally challenging. but shes shown she can sing well. why anyone would suggest nicole scherzinger is beyond me though.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by al200;4986333
    Has anyone actually heard rihanna sing the song yet? or do they spew prejudiced its gonna be crap crap?

rihanna has a perfectly capable voice, its her music thats not very vocally challenging. but shes shown she can sing well. why anyone would suggest nicole scherzinger is beyond me though.

+1

I think people need to get over this. They chose Rihanna. End of.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Til_Kingdom_Come;5516187
    If coldplay do actually do that death metal thing then the songs won't hat well, won't get much airplay and will confirm my sad belief that rock music is becoming extinct as there will be no more high charting rock singles!! Oh no. The albums do fine but now all the rock awards are going to ed Sherran (who i do not like!) :/

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Any luck with the videos? Some good-natured american coldplayers who can upload them for us
    Luminous and wired, glowing in the dark

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Nicole Scherzinger is bordering on suicidal madness!

Strawberry Swing Forever woohoo37's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrkjhnwht;4986236
    Actually, it's saying a lot, at least Rihanna had some control in the direction of each of her albums. And most artists tune their vocals, even Coldplay, but Rihanna is someone who doesn't heap tons of autotune onto her voice. As I said, I don't like Rihanna (but that Only Girl In The World song is pretty good) but it could've been worse. They could've picked Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, JLS, The Wanted or The Saturdays to work with.

Yeh I'm sure Rihanna is in total 'control' of her next publicity stunt/video......

As for picking someone worst maybe they could have not picked a manufactured pop puppet full stop?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123