Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31  
    Strawberry Swing Forever woohoo37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In My Place
    Posts
    541

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrkjhnwht;4985395
    Frankly, the song's already been written for her, and she's merely a session musician on PoC. She's not intended to bring something artistic to it.

    But if you really want to talk about what's wrong in music, X Factor's a better place to start. At least Rihanna didn't skip a queue to get where she is.

    EDIT: Also as a point, it will open the doors for Rihanna fans to check out bands like Coldplay if they like it? I don't like Rihanna all that much, but if I was working with Coldplay, I'd want their fans not to judge the song before it's been heard...



    Saying Rihanna is a step up than X Factor isn't saying much. Though at least many of those people don't need a machine to help them sing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #32  
    dafunkmayfractureyournose Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,807

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by woohoo37;4986228
    Saying Rihanna is a step up than X Factor isn't saying much. Though at least many of those people don't need a machine to help them sing.


    Actually, it's saying a lot, at least Rihanna had some control in the direction of each of her albums. And most artists tune their vocals, even Coldplay, but Rihanna is someone who doesn't heap tons of autotune onto her voice. As I said, I don't like Rihanna (but that Only Girl In The World song is pretty good) but it could've been worse. They could've picked Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, JLS, The Wanted or The Saturdays to work with.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Til_Kingdom_Come;5516187
    If coldplay do actually do that death metal thing then the songs won't hat well, won't get much airplay and will confirm my sad belief that rock music is becoming extinct as there will be no more high charting rock singles!! Oh no. The albums do fine but now all the rock awards are going to ed Sherran (who i do not like!) :/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #33  
    MXer valypan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,725

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Anyone can upload the videos? Apparently there are no less than four video interviews on MTV and I can´t watch any of them

    http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/69243...tml#id=1670995
    Luminous and wired, glowing in the dark
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #34  
    Car Kid Samuel_94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Violet Hill
    Posts
    3,285

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    They asked her to sing on it and were nervous about her response. They are hardly gonna say she sang it crap and we wished we had never asked her are they?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #35  
    Coldplayer Nature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    788

    Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samuel_94;4986242
    They asked her to sing on it and were nervous about her response. They are hardly gonna say she sang it crap and we wished we had never asked her are they?

    No ofcourse they wont say that,otherwise they will sell less albums.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #36  
    Car Kid Samuel_94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Violet Hill
    Posts
    3,285

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    ^ Yeah they are just being gracious. I fully expect Chris' voice to outshine Rihanna's every time (no offence) but that is how biased I am. Also, they would make themselves look silly if they said that because they wrote it FOR her.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #37  
    Account disabled
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,912

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    you do not respect the band a fact. you are shame and disgrace of'm saying fans of the band, and you all do not know or meet Rihanna and judge on the role of scene being asked to do. it's called the mirror of evil people who see you all.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #38  
    THE BUCKLANNND Bonus_mosher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    5,001

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    This will almost certainly be a single and i'll tell you why.

    because everything Rhianna releases goes directly to #1 on almost every billboard and chart in the world, and not only that but it stays there for weeks.

    If both coldplays and rhianna's audience bought this as a released single, it would give the lads their second number 1 and make EMI a LOT of money.
    P i l o t v i e w F T W ™
    J.A.M.I.E



    Stop it! I don't have gay jungle fever!.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #39  
    Coldplayer Nature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    788

    Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bonus_mosher;4986279


    because everything Rhianna releases goes directly to #1 on almost every billboard and chart in the world, and not only that but it stays there for weeks.

    .



    Aha so Coldplay used her to make a great change to be on number 1 for weeks.

    Now we know why they chosen her.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #40  
    Coldplayer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    I don't think the problem is the 'blending of genre' that they've been fooling around with. I think it's the quality of the collaborative choices they make. Rihanna? Why not Santogold? I think that would've been awesome. Just my opninion though...I don't get the Jay-Z thing either. I'll reserve judgement until after I've heard it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #41  
    Coldplayer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    52

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Has anyone actually heard rihanna sing the song yet? or do they spew prejudiced its gonna be crap crap?

    rihanna has a perfectly capable voice, its her music thats not very vocally challenging. but shes shown she can sing well. why anyone would suggest nicole scherzinger is beyond me though.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #42  
    dafunkmayfractureyournose Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,807

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by al200;4986333
    Has anyone actually heard rihanna sing the song yet? or do they spew prejudiced its gonna be crap crap?

    rihanna has a perfectly capable voice, its her music thats not very vocally challenging. but shes shown she can sing well. why anyone would suggest nicole scherzinger is beyond me though.



    +1

    I think people need to get over this. They chose Rihanna. End of.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Til_Kingdom_Come;5516187
    If coldplay do actually do that death metal thing then the songs won't hat well, won't get much airplay and will confirm my sad belief that rock music is becoming extinct as there will be no more high charting rock singles!! Oh no. The albums do fine but now all the rock awards are going to ed Sherran (who i do not like!) :/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #43  
    MXer valypan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,725

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Any luck with the videos? Some good-natured american coldplayers who can upload them for us
    Luminous and wired, glowing in the dark
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #44  
    Car Kid Samuel_94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Violet Hill
    Posts
    3,285

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Nicole Scherzinger is bordering on suicidal madness!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #45  
    Strawberry Swing Forever woohoo37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In My Place
    Posts
    541

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrkjhnwht;4986236
    Actually, it's saying a lot, at least Rihanna had some control in the direction of each of her albums. And most artists tune their vocals, even Coldplay, but Rihanna is someone who doesn't heap tons of autotune onto her voice. As I said, I don't like Rihanna (but that Only Girl In The World song is pretty good) but it could've been worse. They could've picked Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, JLS, The Wanted or The Saturdays to work with.


    Yeh I'm sure Rihanna is in total 'control' of her next publicity stunt/video......

    As for picking someone worst maybe they could have not picked a manufactured pop puppet full stop?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •