Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Willie Nelson covers Coldplay's The Scientist for Chipotle Foundation 
    I'd rather be a comma the_escapist's Avatar
    Chat posts
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfSGt6rHos&feature=player_embedded"]Back to the Start - YouTube[/ame]

A new animated video shows the merits of sustainable farming with some cute visuals and a Willie Nelson cover of Coldplay’s “The Scientist.”

The video, called “Back to the Start,” tells the story of an adorable farmer who turns his organic farm into a huge factory farm only to realize the error of his ways. The message: Industry and science are hurting the animals and food that we eat.

Chipotle sponsored the video to show the importance of sustainable food and also to emphasize its focus on natural, organic products in its restaurants. The video will appear in movie theaters, and the cover song will also be sold in iTunes with $0.60 of each download going to the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation, which supports sustainable agriculture and education.

Coldplay’s original video for “The Scientist” showed (spoiler alert) a man grieving after his girlfriend is killed in a car crash, with the video played in reverse. “Back to the Start” takes the same concept of reversing time. It’s not a perfect fit, but Nelson, a long-time family farm advocate, makes it work.

What do you think of awareness campaigns like this? Let us know in the comments.

(http://mashable.com/2011/08/30/willi...arms-chipotle/)

"Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost"

2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2 Willie Nelson covers "The Scientist" 
    Chat posts
    It's for an ad and that's pretty much it.

http://stereogum.com/795612/willie-n...chipotle/mp3s/

Chat posts
    Woah! A legend covering Coldplay.

And a great message about the importance of sustainable farming as well. Great on them.

Chat posts
    inb4 'oh my gawd its not as gud as Coldplay guiseeee'

the animation made this video, lol
    P/AROBTTH/X&Y

VLVODAAHF/MX/GS

CPING I MISSED U taameen**sparks**'s Avatar
    Chat posts
    Uh if he was going for a message like that he should have gone with AROBTTH...
    July 8, 2012 Coldplay
    June 14, 2012 Keane
    November 8 2013 Grouplove

When you're ten, they call you prodigy. When you're fifteen, they call you a genius. Once you hit twenty, you're just an ordinary person.

Gearwork for Clocks chuck kottke's Avatar
    Just north of Green Bay - near Lake Michigan's Western Shore
    Chat posts
    I thought Willy's rendition was heart-felt, and the sentiments about returning to sustainable farming, healthier for all aspects of life just makes good, good sense; it's worth every bit of our support. Food isn't commodities, it's life itself, it is all connected to nature, and the more we work in sync with nature, the healthier we get, the healthier nature gets. I'll support them, I support organic, sustainable, and family farms. Slow food is real food. Think Globally, act Locally.

Chat posts
    I usually really dislike Coldplay covers, but this one is really well-done!
    2-3-2003 - St. Louis, MO - 5-6-2005 - Chicago, IL - 9-17-2005 - St. Louis, MO - 2-26-2006 - Dallas, TX - 3-31-2006 - Chicago, IL - 6-23-2008 - New York City (MSG!) - 11-13-2008 - Kansas City, MO - 7-24-2009 - St. Louis, MO - 8-5-2011 - LOLLAPALOOZA (Chicago, IL) 6-22-2012 - Dallas, TX 7-28-2012 - Chicago, IL

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wyrd
    Brent
    "A name normaly given to the most caring, warm people in the world, these people will make you feel beautiful and always keep you smiling. Sexy 'almost mighty fine' beasts.
    Its near imposible to not fall in love with a Brent.
    "

9. #8 The Scientist cover by Willie Nelson 
    Coldplayer
    Chat posts
    **** Video Link at the bottom of article ****

Chipotle Mexican Grill is going Hollywood to shed light on the importance of a sustainable food eco-system as seen in the above video, “Back to the Start.”

Featuring a moving cover of Coldplay's The Scientist by music legend Willie Nelson, the two-minute stop-motion animated short follows a farmer who turns his family business into an industrial animal factory, reaping disastrous results before coming to his senses and choosing a more sustainable future.

The film by Irish animator Johnny Kelly and the soundtrack were commissioned by Chipotle in their first foray into branded entertainment, and will be shown in 5,700 theaters across the United States starting in September.

“We produced this film to help illustrate the choices people face in deciding what to eat, and hope that it will encourage people to choose food that is raised with respect for the land, the animals, and the farmers that produce it,” said Steve Ells, Chipotle’s founder (whose story is told in a different type of animation, below).

The Denver-based restaurant chain has made the song available on iTunes for 99 cents, with 60 cents of that going to the just-launched Chipotle Cultivate Foundation, which supports family farms.

Chipotle has contributed more than $2 million to initiatives that support sustainable agriculture, family farming and culinary education including: The Jamie Oliver Food Revolution, the Lunch Box, the Nature Conservancy and Veggie U, Niman Scholarship, Culinary Institute of America, The Land Institute, and FamilyFarmed.org.

“Delicious, affordable food can be produced without exploiting the farmers, the animals or the environment. Chipotle has proven this to be true, but Chipotle is only one small part of the solution. Our goal now should be to have all food produced as sustainably as possible,” says Ells.

Check out Fast Company's piece on the making of the short.

here the link to the nice videao and track:

http://youtu.be/aMfSGt6rHos

Account disabled
    Chat posts
    Food part sounds good. Not the music though. Country covers ruin everything. Perfect example? Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt". Jonny Cash ruined it, for me anyway. Good guy, very bad cover.

Chat posts
    I love the cover! Bought it on iTunes! Which is weird, I usually hate Coldplay covers. But this one seems more soulful. Plus, legends like Willie Nelson rarely do Coldplay covers.

Also, isn't there another thread on this already?

PS: I love Johnny Cash's "Hurt." I think it's better than NIN (but I don't really like Trent Reznor anyway )
    2-3-2003 - St. Louis, MO - 5-6-2005 - Chicago, IL - 9-17-2005 - St. Louis, MO - 2-26-2006 - Dallas, TX - 3-31-2006 - Chicago, IL - 6-23-2008 - New York City (MSG!) - 11-13-2008 - Kansas City, MO - 7-24-2009 - St. Louis, MO - 8-5-2011 - LOLLAPALOOZA (Chicago, IL) 6-22-2012 - Dallas, TX 7-28-2012 - Chicago, IL

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wyrd
    Brent
    "A name normaly given to the most caring, warm people in the world, these people will make you feel beautiful and always keep you smiling. Sexy 'almost mighty fine' beasts.
    Its near imposible to not fall in love with a Brent.
    "

mr coldplaying himself busybeeburns's Avatar
    Chat posts
    threads merged (again)
    The early bird catches the worm. The second mouse gets the cheese!

Bannana Juice QuestionsOfScience's Avatar
    Chat posts
    This version is just amazing, at the moment I prefer it to the original, but I don't really like the original (yes I named my account name after it, but I like the lyric!)
    M.M.I.X = Mr Martin is X-tremely cool.
    (thanks SuperFitz!)

I'm sure you'll like my music...
    My facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ArionXenos1
    My Soundcloud page: http://soundcloud.com/arionxenos

My Standard Grades are over!!

Chat posts
    Now just watch Chris write a song for Willie Nelson. LOL I'm disappointed no country singer ever recorded Till Kingdom Come.

Account disabled
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by the_escapist;4947062

What do you think of awareness campaigns like this? Let us know in the comments.

(http://mashable.com/2011/08/30/willi...arms-chipotle/)

not know, I do not see celebrities such as the Martins family, living on a farm, they both live in a world they were all beautifully easy.

Account disabled
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Baw8cc;4956485
    I love the cover! Bought it on iTunes! Which is weird, I usually hate Coldplay covers. But this one seems more soulful. Plus, legends like Willie Nelson rarely do Coldplay covers.

Also, isn't there another thread on this already?

PS: I love Johnny Cash's "Hurt." I think it's better than NIN (but I don't really like Trent Reznor anyway )

Trent Reznor not sure it's a fan of Chris Martin. is a "sweet" friend ?
    is more hurt :
    Spoiler

Johnny Cash about "Hurt" I do not know is his video on his beliefs and his life, his world, his family, about Jesus and religion.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxU3gXy1Qq8&feature=related"]Johnny Cash - Hurt - YouTube[/ame]

He wanted made a message if you have only love, you have all.

can be gone because he felt empty and sorry for not giving much love to his family because the more important work. but he had a family and a loving family for real. and account really.

off thread this go killed man of my life. :-(

•   
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast