Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matts05;4815601
    I guess I could be wrong, but I believe there was an interview a while back where they said this would close the album.

I also have something like that in my mind....maybe afterwards there are some bonus tracks....or even a hidden track
    27th of August 2009: Esprit Arena, Düsseldorf

Thanx for the greatest show ever and come back soon...
    ...'til then we'll keep on practicing the "Lola-Welle" *lol*!

"Love, Dont Let Me Go" Coldplay3277's Avatar
    Chat posts
    i heard there wasn't any concrete proof that the song was going to be on LP5, if it is i'll just delete it, glad im not the only one in the room that hates the song

Chat posts
    When I first heard this song, with Chris singing "I turn the music up"...that just felt like a stab in the heart . A lot of people are saying that they are evolving, but I think they are truly degrading with this crap.

Chat posts
    Ithink, comparing to the beginning Simple and Penetrating style, it has much more to add and interweaving - so is one's life - isn't it? Then, maybe next turn, you become more introverted and quiet again. The best dramas always have temporary beauty and tragic loss - heavier and heart-imprinted - yet, life also has other offerings whether that's the deepest moment nothing can compare. So, even I love the first album so much, I would be aside to witness how they've changed or grown. I would rather to see their every moment in the long flowing river of life, rather than picking the one that only Iprefer. Ilove this shared journey.

Account disabled
    Chat posts
    I really HATE this new song. And this is coming from someone who's never hated anything they've done. (Slightly disliked maybe, never hated.) It took them this long to come up with that crap? I get that they want to change and all that, but they lost the thing that made me love their music to begin with.

Coldplayer
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToCatchFire;4816157
    I really HATE this new song. And this is coming from someone who's never hated anything they've done. (Slightly disliked maybe, never hated.) It took them this long to come up with that crap? I get that they want to change and all that, but they lost the thing that made me love their music to begin with.

So true thanks for a great comment. I hope that people give me many comments after reading this. OK, my big thought was 3 years since Viva launched in 08 and this is it? I hated it and felt it was weak the first time I heard it compared to all their great songs before. Now after 4 days and 9 listens, I like the beginning and middle (still not a fan of the end) and I think it's better than their new songs they were playing live at the german festival (excluding Major Minus.) Some may disagree but their ringing guitars and tempo are too U2. Eno opened them up with Viva which I appreciate but now he's bled our beloved boys dry. Some people said they hate "now my feet won't touch the ground" I just think its just a weak song. This new acoustic song chris and will play is weak too. its sad to me how they can't do stripped down any more which is what all of parachutes was and was the basis for great songs "green eyes" and "a message".

Concert review I wished they'd go back to scientist, gpasuyf and politik live they did in 2006 twisted logic tour where chris did cool voice things with the crowd. If you were at these concerts you know what I'm talking about. Then in germany they played the new weak songs and went into "life is for living"!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a fan i watched the new songs and then saw that one played. The band needs to realize the differences between that old song and their new ones is HUGE. I mean HUGE. The lyrics, sound, all immensely better. And old coldplay is not the only coldplay, everyone likes spanish rain and christmas lights so I guess they need to get it together.

What do you agree or disagree with? Thanks guys. Byron

Coldplayer
    Chat posts
    Really disappointed in this song. Lyrics are dreadful. I won't ramble on as I'm sure it's all been said, but I hate it and sure hope the album is better than this.

Chat posts
    I just find it so frustrating when bands like Radiohead , Arctic Monkeys or even The xx can come up with fresh and exciting music, and still have relative commercial success. These bands sound cool and make you go 'wow that was different'. Where as Coldplay 'the biggest band in the world' make you think 'wow this sounds like fucking chris brown'. Its so aggravating. IN saying that though, the other songs in the live setlist do sound unique and interesting. Im not opposed to sampling or electronic music as long as its fresh and exciting, and in all honesty, ETIAW is not.

Account disabled
    Chat posts
    From what I've heard so far, most of the new songs sound the same.
    Almost the same beat with that bass drum all over the place and chris with the acoustic guitar, there's no variety.

5/24/09 / Front Row
    Chat posts
    Yeah I still hate the song. I really think most of the guys on here hate it, and the girls like it. Not trying to sound sexiest, but thats how I feel it is.

Gosh darn brian eno I tell you
    GLASS OF WATER
    = MTF
    Oxfam America

Account disabled
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by orbital;4816103
    When I first heard this song, with Chris singing "I turn the music up"...that just felt like a stab in the heart . A lot of people are saying that they are evolving, but I think they are truly degrading with this crap.

Really? Stab in the heart? Classic example of people taking this waaayyyyy too seriously. Grow up, it's one song.

Chat posts
    One day, the band will look back at this song and blush.

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by floz14;4816267
    I just find it so frustrating when bands like Radiohead , Arctic Monkeys or even The xx can come up with fresh and exciting music, and still have relative commercial success. These bands sound cool and make you go 'wow that was different'. Where as Coldplay 'the biggest band in the world' make you think 'wow this sounds like fucking chris brown'. Its so aggravating. IN saying that though, the other songs in the live setlist do sound unique and interesting. Im not opposed to sampling or electronic music as long as its fresh and exciting, and in all honesty, ETIAW is not.

Artic Monkeys are an overrated pile of shit!
    MEN ARENA - 19/12/05, MEN ARENA - 12/12/08, WEMBLEY STADIUM - 19/09/09

17.04: "Could I see a picture of their dressing room, would be nice to see all the food and drinks they request" Christopher L http://www.coldplay.com/uploads/food.jpg - My request on Dusselforf Photoblog, but we all no there was a packet of cigarettes there!

Original: http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/...eson7/food.jpg

Keeper of the projection on the pyramid stage @Glastonbury during ETIAW

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TyM218;4816673
    Really? Stab in the heart? Classic example of people taking this waaayyyyy too seriously. Grow up, it's one song.

Tell the fangirls (or fanboys) who are offended by criticism of the song to grow up, their reaction is more irrational. Coldplay is my favorite band, and I waited 3 years through a lot of hype for new material. They said they were going in a "new direction" and that the new stuff would be more acoustic and/or intimate. After about 10 seconds I was really disappointed.

Most (and I mean most, not all) of those praising the song only back it up by saying it is "positive" and "upbeat" and a "fun summer song", but when someone criticizes it (and by this, I mean criticizing the song for what it is, not insulting people or the band), they freak out and tell people "real fans appreciate it, if you don't like it go away." Which is stupid.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cleeson7;4816769
    Artic Monkeys are an overrated pile of shit!

How can you say something like this when you criticize others for saying bad things, for example in the "Petition for ETIAW to Not Be On LP5" thread you called it "unbelievably immature." And on the "I'm going to leave this forum" thread you noted how people were being overly harsh and hateful, and that they need to think about the way they put their opinions across. Don't you think this is unnecessarily harsh/hateful?

Chat posts
    And looking back on it, I'm glad that the lyrics were released first, that way it wasn't such a huge shock when the song dropped.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast