Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1152
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sa_spurs_tx;4815215
    They should have played LiJ

yep, they should have. I really really hope they are gonna play it next week!

29/06/2003 Werchter - 07/07/2005 Arnhem - 30/11/2005 Antwerp - 04/10/2008 Antwerp - 02/07/2009 Arras - 03/07/2009 Werchter
    10/09/2009 Nijmegen - 11/06/2011 Pinkpop - 02/07/2011 Werchter - 18/12/2011 Antwerp

Chat posts
    two things.

the confetti is now shaped as M's and X's. This has to mean something important, it keeps cropping up EVERYWHERE.

also.

I think the line "It's us against the world" is LP5's "Now my feet won't touch the ground."

Chris says it in Us Against the World and Major Minus.

Chat posts
    two things.

the confetti is now shaped as M's and X's. This has to mean something important, it keeps cropping up EVERYWHERE.

also.

I think the line "It's us against the world" is LP5's "Now my feet won't touch the ground."

Chris says it in Us Against the World and Major Minus.

Give me love over this... jenflor's Avatar
    Chat posts
    I've only had a chance to watch the vids of the new songs, but I am so impressed with everything: the songs themselves, the light show, even the costumes, which I was initially not loving. And I've realized how much I missed Coldplay! Am so excited for the new album and am so glad I'll get a chance to see them on their festival run!
    I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. - George Eliot
    last.fmlltumblr

Proud Keeper of "Trouble" live in Dallas, 07/21/09::
    "Nightswimming" with Michael Stipe on ACL::
    Chris' VIVA piano::"Give me love over this..."
    06/10/09 gig in San Antonio, TX::

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenflor;4815265
    I've only had a chance to watch the vids of the new songs, but I am so impressed with everything: the songs themselves, the light show, even the costumes, which I was initially not loving. And I've realized how much I missed Coldplay! Am so excited for the new album and am so glad I'll get a chance to see them on their festival run!

Thats right...since yesterday i miss them even more then my wife

Chat posts
    How did the crowd react on the new songs?

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by COLDPLAYfanforever01;4815637
    How did the crowd react on the new songs?

very positive,although iam sure that the crowd if its just a coldplay-concert would cheer and sing along much more :-)

Creator of the Cake Meme Coldplaying@Hogwarts's Avatar
    Didn't get to heaven, but I made it close
    Chat posts
    ...so I've been watching the concert and listening to the new songs.

I love Coldplay all over again. I mean, this new stuff... it's BRILLIANT.

Hurts Like Heaven is ridiculously catchy and kind of reminds me of Green Day's early stuff. (And the "heart as a weapon" line always makes me think of the cover of American Idiot. Always.)

Major Minus is quite possibly my favorite of the concert-first bunch. The tune is awesome, the riffs in it are smashing, the lyrics... I am in love with the lyrics to this song. Especially "those crocodiles taking over the world." That is an epic lyric. I'd love this to be a single – I'm thinking the next "Clocks."

Cartoon Heart (I REFUSE to call it Charlie Brown) is anthemic and awesome and has wonderful lyrics (I'm fond of "I took a car downtown to where the Lost Boys meet" and "they gave me what I need/to set me free") and could easily be the next "Viva La Vida."

Us Against The World is beautiful. Sublimely so. Someone said it reminded them of Leonard Cohen – I agree 100%. It's like if "Hallelujah" and "Til Kingdom Come" had a song baby. Just beautiful. And then Will comes in and then Guy and Jonny and.... ohhhhhh, so beautiful!

I already loved ETIAW, so the live version was just icing on the cake for me.

...so yeah, I LOVE the new stuff, and demand a release date for LP5 (which will most likely be titled Major Minus or MX.)

Any questions?

Taken by me on 7-29-12, at the Boston, MA concert. You're welcome.

Keeper of: THE CLOCKS PIANO RIFF, Chris's sexy falsetto, Chris's sweatiness after performing a high-energy song, the Elvis impersonators in "Christmas Lights," the LOLdplay thread, LOLdplay Part II, Jonny's love of cake, "I don't mind not being cool" (Chris quote), the FUGPLAY thread, Major Minus, the Jimmy Kimmel Live "Lost and Found" skit, the 2008 SNL performance, the 2009 Grammys, the string section in Viva La Vida, Major Minus, Jonny's love of Sherlock Holmes, the moment when Chris hugged/fondled Guy's chest during "Viva La Vida" at the Liverpool Crisis concert, , "Who the fuck would wanna be king?" from the Liverpool Crisis gig performance of Viva La Vida, the Anton Corbijn music video for Viva La Vida, the Famous Old Painters instrumental leak, Major Minus, the rainbow walking man, all Mylo Xyloto-era graffiti, 'This is Jonny Buckland. He's our guitarist. He's my best friend and he wrote this song!' Coldplay's 2014 iTunes Festival/SXSW concert ... and did I mention Major Minus?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brent
    I mean if I had to choose the way I was going to die, Chris Martin running me over with a rolling desk chair would be at the top of the list.

~THESE CONCERTS THO~
    Coldplay: Mansfield, MA – Comcast Center – August 3, 2009
    Green Day: Mansfield, MA – Comcast Center – August 16, 2010
    Phoenix: Boston, MA – Agganis Arena – October 2010
    Coldplay: Boston, MA – TD Garden – July 29, 2012
    Frank Turner: Boston, MA – House of Blues – November 30, 2013
    Thee Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra: Cambridge, MA – Middle East – April 6, 2014
    Frank Turner: Boston MA – Boston Calling Festival – May 24, 2014
    Bastille: Boston, MA – Boston Calling Festival – May 25, 2014

I'd rather be a comma the_escapist's Avatar
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coldplaying@Hogwarts;4815871
    ...so I've been watching the concert and listening to the new songs.

I love Coldplay all over again. I mean, this new stuff... it's BRILLIANT.

Hurts Like Heaven is ridiculously catchy and kind of reminds me of Green Day's early stuff. (And the "heart as a weapon" line always makes me think of the cover of American Idiot. Always.)

Major Minus is quite possibly my favorite of the concert-first bunch. The tune is awesome, the riffs in it are smashing, the lyrics... I am in love with the lyrics to this song. Especially "those crocodiles taking over the world." That is an epic lyric. I'd love this to be a single – I'm thinking the next "Clocks."

Cartoon Heart (I REFUSE to call it Charlie Brown) is anthemic and awesome and has wonderful lyrics (I'm fond of "I took a car downtown to where the Lost Boys meet" and "they gave me what I need/to set me free") and could easily be the next "Viva La Vida."

Us Against The World is beautiful. Sublimely so. Someone said it reminded them of Leonard Cohen – I agree 100%. It's like if "Hallelujah" and "Til Kingdom Come" had a song baby. Just beautiful. And then Will comes in and then Guy and Jonny and.... ohhhhhh, so beautiful!

I already loved ETIAW, so the live version was just icing on the cake for me.

...so yeah, I LOVE the new stuff, and demand a release date for LP5 (which will most likely be titled Major Minus or MX.)

Any questions?

well said!!! I also demand a release of LP5 soon!

"Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost"

Chat posts
    I agree about that song's name... Charlie Brown isn't a bad name... But CARTOON HEART just sounds so beautiful... and suites the song better I think. I sort of hope they see that fans like the latter name better and rename it!

Dunno if any one else has posted this... but here are some pics from the live show: http://www.swr3.de/specials/rockamri...12acd0552f8fcd
    LIVE SHOWS
    8th October 2011, Johannesburg RSA (Paradise music video)
    10th November 2012, Auckland NZ

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DieProspekt;4815879
    I agree about that song's name... Charlie Brown isn't a bad name... But CARTOON HEART just sounds so beautiful... and suites the song better I think. I sort of hope they see that fans like the latter name better and rename it!

Dunno if any one else has posted this... but here are some pics from the live show: http://www.swr3.de/specials/rockamri...12acd0552f8fcd

Thanks for the pics! I also prefer Cartoon Heart.

Chat posts
    And yeah I Hurts Like Heaven is my favourite also. I really hope its a single. Like last time Cemeteries of London was my favourite off the whole album but it never got a video... :-(
    LIVE SHOWS
    8th October 2011, Johannesburg RSA (Paradise music video)
    10th November 2012, Auckland NZ

Chat posts
    can someone read what does it says on Guy's jacket?

[IMG]file:///Users/macbook/Desktop/cdf3c7d5997e532687038523a44fe283.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/macbook/Desktop/cdf3c7d5997e532687038523a44fe283.jpg[/IMG]

Chat posts

ColdplayFrance.com

Chat posts
    Agree about "Cartoon Heart" being the better name. But yeah -- that song absolutely makes me weak in the knees. I love all the new songs, and hearing them like this has made it exceptionally harder to wait for this next album.

The entire concert was just spot on -- especially Chris' voice. Goosebumps. I just... -- I can't even describe the love and pride I feel for them right now. Off the charts.

"Be a cartoon heart..."

Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374757677 LastLast