Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Travis singer Fran Healy has a laugh with 'copycat' Chris Martin during concert 
    mr coldplaying himself busybeeburns's Avatar
    Chat posts

Fran Healy has been poking fun at Coldplay frontman Chris Martin - by claiming he has ripped off a Travis song, according to the Daily Record recently.

Coldplay have twice been accused of plagiarism in their song Viva La Vida and Scots pal Fran couldn't resist having a dig during his latest tour of the US. One of the claims came from American guitarist Joe Satriani, who filed a copyright infringement lawsuit and reached an out-of-court settlement with Martin's band.

The second came from Yusuf Islam. He claimed the song is very similar to his track Foreigner Suite, recorded while he was still known as Cat Stevens. At an American gig, Fran and Travis guitarist Andy Dunlop introduced Battleships - from their fifth album, 2007's The Boy With No Name - as being the only song Martin had actually ripped off.

"Chris is a good friend, so he would see the joke in that," Fran told the audience. "He was on radio and said, 'Travis invented Coldplay'. That's the worst thing anyone could say because ever since then interviewers have said to us, 'so, Travis invented Coldplay?' There's a billion people who then said, 'they suck, they invented Coldplay!'"

The Glaswegian then claimed they are real-life Simon Cowells who put Coldplay together. "No, we did. it was like X Factor. We chose those guys and I've written all those songs. Chris is just a puppet," Fran quipped. "We should phone him some night and ask what is his favourite Travis song - he's bound to say Battleships."

It's just as well the two are friends or Chris might just be a little upset. But it is all just banter. Fran and Andy's tour has a bizarre title - A Chronological Acoustical Journey Through The Travis Back Catalogue: Laugh Out Loud Stories, Scottish Accents, Handsome Scottish Men, Naked Torsos. It began last week in San Francisco. The pair have recorded a live CD of tracks from early shows which they're selling, along with Travis merchandise, at venues.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz...6908-21753658/
    The early bird catches the worm. The second mouse gets the cheese!

2. Sponsored Links
    Creator of the Cake Meme Coldplaying@Hogwarts's Avatar
    Didn't get to heaven, but I made it close
    Chat posts
    Wow. That's hilarious! But Chrissy is a true original~

Taken by me on 7-29-12, at the Boston, MA concert. You're welcome.

Keeper of: THE CLOCKS PIANO RIFF, Chris's sexy falsetto, Chris's sweatiness after performing a high-energy song, the Elvis impersonators in "Christmas Lights," the LOLdplay thread, LOLdplay Part II, Jonny's love of cake, "I don't mind not being cool" (Chris quote), the FUGPLAY thread, Major Minus, the Jimmy Kimmel Live "Lost and Found" skit, the 2008 SNL performance, the 2009 Grammys, the string section in Viva La Vida, Major Minus, Jonny's love of Sherlock Holmes, the moment when Chris hugged/fondled Guy's chest during "Viva La Vida" at the Liverpool Crisis concert, , "Who the fuck would wanna be king?" from the Liverpool Crisis gig performance of Viva La Vida, the Anton Corbijn music video for Viva La Vida, the Famous Old Painters instrumental leak, Major Minus, the rainbow walking man, all Mylo Xyloto-era graffiti, 'This is Jonny Buckland. He's our guitarist. He's my best friend and he wrote this song!' Coldplay's 2014 iTunes Festival/SXSW concert ... and did I mention Major Minus?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brent
    I mean if I had to choose the way I was going to die, Chris Martin running me over with a rolling desk chair would be at the top of the list.

~THESE CONCERTS THO~
    Coldplay: Mansfield, MA – Comcast Center – August 3, 2009
    Green Day: Mansfield, MA – Comcast Center – August 16, 2010
    Phoenix: Boston, MA – Agganis Arena – October 2010
    Coldplay: Boston, MA – TD Garden – July 29, 2012
    Frank Turner: Boston, MA – House of Blues – November 30, 2013
    Thee Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra: Cambridge, MA – Middle East – April 6, 2014
    Frank Turner: Boston MA – Boston Calling Festival – May 24, 2014
    Bastille: Boston, MA – Boston Calling Festival – May 25, 2014

It's time to run! A RUSH OF VIDA's Avatar
    Chat posts
    Assholes......yeah I know it's a joke but they shouldn't be playin with something like that
    Just standin' where I am with all the people passing by me The sound of all these passersby Mixed in with the bus and motor-car Must be sure these are the signs 'Cos I've been here a million times before

Read more: TRAVIS - COMING AROUND LYRICS

Chat posts
    Jealousy is a terrible disease! I hope those jealous of Chris can rid themselves of it!
    Nothing matters except life and the love you make.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...g?t=1254156387

6/20/09, Vancouver BC. Best day of my life! Thanks Coldplay!

“Some people are into bondage... and some people are into crossdressing... and some people are into Coldplay. It's okay, I don't mind being a fetish.”

I'm Christina. coldplay_is_louve.'s Avatar
    Chat posts
    It's amazing how jealousy can actually make people even more pompous.

Coldplayer
    Chat posts
    Good to see everyone above me has a great sense of humour! For foxache they're best mates! Its banter! Chris does it himself on stage. Look it up on Google!!

Drums, here it comes time_doesnt_matter's Avatar
    Chat posts
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrmLtapLHwE"]YouTube- Travis " Battleships"[/ame]
    Keeper of the Beastly Fish in "Christmas Lights"
    -
    Keeper of 08/06/09
    -
    Keeper of Will's out of tune Guitar

Chat posts
    Travis is amazing

This was just a joke :S...

I dont know why you guys get so angry... Travis are amazing human beings they're humble and really good people

They don't care about being popular, they just do what they like...

(BTW: I love Coldplay and Coldplay is my favorite band )

Chat posts
    Travis are awesome and so are Coldplay. It's a joke, man.
    Lover, the weather is changing everyday.
    I won't.

Chat posts
    hahaha I love how people can't get jokes, it's the same about U2, after Bono talked about Chris I even saw facebook groups called something like "I hate bono and what he said about chris martin"

Fran Healy is a sweetie, Travis are the nicest band I've seen, they are really down to earth

Chat posts
    Nice to see the three posters after the first reply have completely made asses of themselves by demonstrating their capability to not be able to realize what is clearly playful banter and what is clearly not.

You lot sound like you come from the Church of Chris Martin at times what with your "THE STORIES ARE BLASPHEMY" posts
    Last edited by Cobalt; 01-12-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: revised
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Destrokk
    (cant fucking belive im typing this in this STUPID BANDS FORUM)

Chat posts
    yeah, Travis are a great band.Just a joke.And it's funny
    "So we rode down to the river
    Where Victorian ghosts pray
    For their curses to be broken
    We go wandering 'neath the arches
    Where the witches are and they say
    There are ghost towns in the ocean
    "
    Sponsor and learn about my Ghana and Rwanda volunteer projects! http://long-distances.blogspot.com/

"We're all just working for Will Champion"

Chat posts
    You defensive bunch, get a grip.
    A pig in a cage on antibiotics.

Chat posts
    nevermind this post was too off topic, i am lame
    Last edited by Cobalt; 01-12-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: nevermind this post was too off topic, i am lame
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Destrokk
    (cant fucking belive im typing this in this STUPID BANDS FORUM)

Chat posts
    Seriously who doesn't like Fran Healy??! He is a fantastic guy and very very close friends with Chris Martin. He went over to Chris's house once to help him build a tent or something like that. A genius. The best Scottish band ever!

And please anyone who's anyone has to buy Travis's last album that came out last year to little attention. Ode To J Smith - it's their best album ever and it was an absolute TRAVESTY that it didn't get more exposure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ode_to_J._Smith

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8ufd7HcKkc"]YouTube- Travis - J. Smith [New song][/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast