1. #1 Buying an electric 
    Paranoia is in bloom

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    I am planning to buy a new electric guitar sometime soon. Anyone have any suggestions? I have been looking at the '72 Thinline Telecaster, in natural maple, like Jonny's. Does anyone have a review of this?
    "I put the 'twit' in twitter. I have no clue what that even means."

-Dan

2. Sponsored Links
    Account disabled

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    They are pretty great, if you wanna go for the coldplay kinda sound, get it. If you want heavier sounds go for an ibanez or gibson. Jonny uses a gibson les paul for Violet Hill. Thing I don't like about the thinline is that it's a hollow body.

Paranoia is in bloom

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    What is bad about hollow bodies? Are they heavier?

-Dan

Account disabled

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    No, they are actually lighter. I just don't like having a giant hole in my guitar, not my style.

Paranoia is in bloom

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    It still seems better than my Squier Strat.

-Dan

Account disabled

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Probably is, the best thing about it is the pickups.

Paranoia is in bloom

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Unlike most squiers, mine no longer functions as a radio, since my uncle has changed the pickups, from indonesians to mexicans.

-Dan

Account disabled

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Still, the thinlines pickups are better.

Come On, Let's Go Tnspieler1012's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I used to have a squier start, and for the past few years I've dreamed of getting that exact natural maple 72 thinline tele. Its a beautiful guitar and I know from all the days I've spent fawning over it in guitar center that it plays and sounds amazing.
    "So I wanna live in a wooden house, where making more friends would be easy, I wanna live where the sun comes out..."
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karencorpse;4818717
    Tnspieler1012 seams like a very interesting guy who has lots of interesting things to talk about and great things to do with her.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eff-exx;5237716
    You're like the ultimate post-rocker in this forum.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RedBalloon;5603153
    We are connected with the viberation of the heart/soul waves, and if they are strong enough, our thoughts can travel across the universe to reach to where they are meant to be. The physical death is only a door and may he choose a better reincarnation or wish strongly to go to Amitabha Pure Land;

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    if you don't like the semi hollow thinline, go for the telecaster deluxe! it's got the same "wide-range-humbuckers" as the thin...
    coldplay use them (deluxe) , too... actually it's chris ( chinese sleep chant (i guess?), gpasuyf remix,don't panic,...)
    there are some other telecasters with wide ranges, just have a look around ( www.thomann.de , there you can search for them)

personal advice:
    get a jazzmaster

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    My personal advice: Get a mexican fender stratocaster ... it has such a beutifull sound and its comfortable to play. with very versitility and beats up squires

I play on a Epiphone Les Paul, its as good as a Gibson Les Paul... the sound this beast releases is soo awesome... a tone with balls... and sustain as hell and very versitility.

I would recommend this two above

fender Jazzmaster : i wouldnt recommend this one.. it has few versatility, you can play coldplay and jazzy things on it (if you know how to play jazz) but if you want to really rock on.. forget it

Fender telecaster thinline: its really comfortable to play on this one... but the stratocaster beats the telecaster, mine and eric clapton´s opinion.

i've given you my opinion... now its your choice.

Tip:go for the mexican strato

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    true, a jazzmaster is not for rockers... but a normal strat isn't the best choice either. if you'd go for a strat, take a fat strat ( or HSS or whatever), they have two single coils and a humbucker.

though, no doubt, the jaazzmaster has a totally awesome sound. i wish i had one myself.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by princesanji;3325852
    true, a jazzmaster is not for rockers... but a normal strat isn't the best choice either. if you'd go for a strat, take a fat strat ( or HSS or whatever), they have two single coils and a humbucker.

though, no doubt, the jaazzmaster has a totally awesome sound. i wish i had one myself.

ok maybe strato isnt the perfect choice

but we are missing an important factor: TheNextChris what do you play on the guitar? name music styles and bands plz^^

btw: yep princesanji the jazzmaster's sound is pretty awesome

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheNextChris;3315114
    I am planning to buy a new electric guitar sometime soon. Anyone have any suggestions? I have been looking at the '72 Thinline Telecaster, in natural maple, like Jonny's. Does anyone have a review of this?

well, i have a thin myself. the pickups are good for crunchy rhythm parts. melllow / soft tone at the neck, thin and twangy at the bridge. both together build up a massive sound that has a pretty unique character. though the neck pu is strong, the bridge pu allows to play melodies.
    the neck has a u shape - you like it or you hate it, there is nothing in between. i love it...
    it's available in sunburst and natural (yeah really, the other colours seem to be discontinued or only as custom shop - maybe - ). i have it in sunburst, which is totally awesome. my vendor of choice told me that he has had natural ones in the store in the past, and that they don't look too good at all, pretty dark, more like honey, so i recommend taking a look at it in store and not to trust the internet.
    use it for any kind of music, but hard rock, metal and stuff like that are not for that guitar
    all in all - it's a good choice! have fun!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by princesanji;3326483
    well, i have a thin myself. the pickups are good for crunchy rhythm parts. melllow / soft tone at the neck, thin and twangy at the bridge. both together build up a massive sound that has a pretty unique character. though the neck pu is strong, the bridge pu allows to play melodies.
    the neck has a u shape - you like it or you hate it, there is nothing in between. i love it...
    it's available in sunburst and natural (yeah really, the other colours seem to be discontinued or only as custom shop - maybe - ). i have it in sunburst, which is totally awesome. my vendor of choice told me that he has had natural ones in the store in the past, and that they don't look too good at all, pretty dark, more like honey, so i recommend taking a look at it in store and not to trust the internet.
    use it for any kind of music, but hard rock, metal and stuff like that are not for that guitar
    all in all - it's a good choice! have fun!

You're soo right^^

Im very satisfied with my Les Paul. Im into oasis, muse and guns'n'roses too and its just perfect for playing this.. however i can play coldplay and radiohead and its sounds great

The thinline is awesome for playing radiohead btw