Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    If we could float away... Mimixxx's Avatar

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure about TKC, but they definitely played DWNC.
    M

2. Sponsored Links
    Coldplayer

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Okay to make things clear, during the concert in Stockholm, Will didn't sing any other song than DWNC and Til Kingdom Come was never played (I was really hoping for it)
    I think the missunderstanding occured when the reviewer had looked at the norweigan set list and thought that it was the same as this one.

PS: About the voice, when Chris was talking, his voice sounded a bit tired and dry, as if he had a cold or something. Gesundheit!
    Oh and the electronic music that was played before the concert was M83, a very charming and good band from France!

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm...my English is not so good...whats wrong now with Chris? Is he a bit ill or something?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Superbear;3375507
    Okay to make things clear, during the concert in Stockholm, Will didn't sing any other song than DWNC and Til Kingdom Come was never played (I was really hoping for it)
    I think the missunderstanding occured when the reviewer had looked at the norweigan set list and thought that it was the same as this one.

PS: About the voice, when Chris was talking, his voice sounded a bit tired and dry, as if he had a cold or something. Gesundheit!
    Oh and the electronic music that was played before the concert was M83, a very charming and good band from France!

Thanks. Will update the setlist
    M

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Best concert ever. Seriously. And better than last year when I saw them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcbGudn7Mms

White Lies = great.

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nancyk58;3374203
    At the Roskilde festival in Denmark on 5 July 2009: U2s "Magnificent" was not played, but replaced by a piece of music that was more noisy than "Magnificent". Maybe it was that electronic track in your no. 1. It was followed by a Jay-Z song to which roadie Wayne was breakdancing (your song no. 3). Then the beautiful Danube Waltzt came and then Coldplay entered the stage with sparklers.

In Herning on Sunday 16 August 2009: No "Magnificent" by U2 , but again replaced by the electronic track in 1. followed by AHA's "The Sun always Shines on TV". Then the Jay-Z song to which roadie Wayne was breakdancing on the ramp on Jonny's side having a broom in his hand. Then the Danube Waltzt came followed by COLDPLAY.

Thx for info but you dont have a trackname for Jay Zīs track?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Superbear;3375507

Thx for your answer too but i cant find that track.I quickly browsed all tracks on spotify and none of them were the same.Might be so that this track isīnt available on spotify though.I know it from somewhere.I might even have the cd but i canīt recall name or track at all.

Will continue looking but anyone that can help would be appreciated.

Thx again,Viva la Vida!

Arizzo / NBC / Sonneh Jay Niguez's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by santos;3375642
    Thx for info but you dont have a trackname for Jay Zīs track?

Is it the same as last year?
    ... and butterflies go flying at the speed of sound,
    to show you how it all began.
    Butterflies came flying from the underground,
    if you could see it, then you'd understand.
    When you see it, then you'll understand?

Parental advisory! Explicit content!
    Spoiler

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arizzo;3375645
    Is it the same as last year?

I canīt really tell since i dont recall any track like that before last years concerts.Any name for it?

And thx for trying to help me out.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    This is the Jay-Z song they usually use:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drDzEcaauAY"]YouTube - Dancing roadie @ Rock Werchter 2009[/ame]

It's called I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)
    M

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    So it's back to the normal setlist, all additions were removed.
    That's sad, I wanted to hear Speed of Sound.

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mimixxx;3375706
    This is the Jay-Z song they usually use:

YouTube - Dancing roadie @ Rock Werchter 2009

It's called I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)

Ahhh.....cheers for that one.1 out of 2 now.Only looking for the artist and trackname for the track played before U2.

Thx alot.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Was it Kanye West by any chance? They played him on this tour too:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFb75pBVN24"]YouTube - Flashing Lights - Kanye West - Coldplay warmup[/ame]
    M

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mimixxx;3375750
    Was it Kanye West by any chance? They played him on this tour too:

YouTube - Flashing Lights - Kanye West - Coldplay warmup

Thx for trying but that one wasīnt the one.Its an "electronic" song and there were no lyrics in it either.

Thx again...the search continues.

15. #134 Concert in Stockholm 22 August 2009 

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!
    CONCERT REVIEWS
    COLDPLAY AT STOCKHOLM STADION ( ON 22 AUGUST 2009 )
    (Source: http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/konsert...ms-stadion-1.9 = The electronic version of the Swedish newspaper "Dagens Nyheter, the Culture - Entertainment section, concert reviews / coldplay at Stockholm Stadium)
    (Published 23 August 2009 at 00:35am Swedish time)
    Music review - Artist: Coldplay. Location: Stockholm Stadium
    It is hardly a risky guess that what the critics dislike about Coldplay is what the audience likes.
    Where U2 and Madonna from the very beginning seemed prepared to take the step to superstardom, Coldplay got there gradually as the nice guys from the countryside. Quite simply, they had to update themselves when the applauses were too loud. The intimacy of the debut album "Parachutes" did not fit into the arenas that suddenly opened up following fame. And at the Swedish venue "Hovet" in 2002 Chris Martin moved round like a playful puppy that had forgotten all warnings (and the lyrics seemed to express just that).
    Coldplay's reprogramming to arena group has now been completed. With "Viva la Vida" Coldplay has sufficient material for concerts at stadium level, even some chorusses fit for football stadion sing-alongs - particularly the title track that the audience wanted to continue singing for a long time. It is nice and magnificent with glaring light, a flood of confetti, and hundreds of yellow balloons released during "Yellow". In addition to that Coldplay had mini-stages set up among the audience - just like Rolling Stones during that band's latest tour. But the point is somewhat lost when the selection of songs seems to be very popular. An acoustic version of "Billie Jean" is okay, but "Talk" is one of the most powerful songs by the band and should not be toned down/subdued.
    The will to connection with the audience is obvious, but the charisma is limited. Jonny Buckland is - once for all - no Keith Richards, not even a "The Edge", and Guy Berryman and Will Champion are not only withdrawn, but much too anonymous. Chris Martin continues to get all the spotlight, and he has in no way stopped running around like crazy on the stage. From time to time he sits down to play his piano - maybe to compensate for the fact that his voice fails - he seldom manages to reach the characteristic falsetto level tonight.
    Coldplay's music and stage show is pleasant and likeable with sufficient good songs for a two-hour-long show. The firework appears to be unnecessary, as the music is powerful enough to stand alone.
    Thomas Anderberg, kultur@dn.se / translated by Nancy Boysen
    This material is protected under the Copyright Act (DN.se)
    (Source: http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/konsert...ms-stadion-1.9...)

COMMENTS IN RELATION TO AFTONBLADET'S REVIEW OF COLDPLAY AT STOCKHOLM STADION ON 22 AUGUST 2009 (to follow later)
    CaptainHaddock, posted on 23 August 2009 at 11:49: I am no Coldplay fan, but I like their music, but I find their latest album dark / I don't like it so much. But when the tour management offers you a ticket and pass, you do not say no, but obey and go to the concert. I left Stockholm Stadium a couple of hours later very, very impressed. 4 guys and a lot of special effects (for "protools" = professional tools = special effects?) managed to make the audience at the sold-out stadium feel like a small, intimate club. Their crew members also deserve much praise. Particularly the set designers and those in charge of the show.
    HenkeSthlm, 29 years old, posted on 23 August at 12:49: The best I have ever seen .. What they deliver is amazing, not one single bad song. I had hoped for "Speed of Sound" among the encores, but no. But they were still very good. I had Bruce Springsteen and several U2 songs stored ("in the luggage")... , but now unfortunately they have to go, because Chris is king..
    mikey_mic, 25 years old, posted on 23 August at 11:38: "Speed of Sound".. that was the second song that Coldplay played. How could Mr. Håkan Steen fail to hear it?
    Balzary, 21 years old, Katrineholm, posted on 23 August at 12:12: Mikey_mik: Mr. Håkan Steen thought that he failed to hear Speed of sound, but it was not played as song no. 2 - it wasn't played at all yesterday evening!! Song no. 2 was by the way Violet Hill.
    Dennadaer, 18 years old, posted on 23 August at 11:27. Wow, it was really a good concert. I saw this as well as the concert in the Globe last autum, both of them were magnificent. Coldplay captivate the audience like no other band or performer. Really good.
    Source: www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/supersommar2009. It is the electronic version of the Swedish newspaper "Aftonbladet", the Entertainment section called "Nojesbladet".
    The review from "Aftonbladet" will follow later.

More reviews will follow later! But it would be too much to translate articles all day long!!

Thanks for the corrections and additional information.

I can't forget this: The Superhero needed help (from BONO) to get airborne!! BONO helped Chris, so Now my feet won't touch the ground. Now we can call BONO ASSISTING SUPERHERO / a true helper of ALL (sorts of ) needy people !

Do any of you have pictures of U2's 360 Air plane?. I would really like to see it. I have seen pictures of the VIVA plane (though there is not much life / VIVA in it. But of course the tour is soon over - maybe the VIVA plane will illustrate the other part of the album title - "or DEATH and all his friends" - by going "dead". Maybe they should stop singing "And Death Will Never Conquer" thinking of the VIVA plane!!
    Roskilde 5 July 2009
    Herning 16 August 2009

HELP CHILE AND HAITI by making DONATIONS to ONE OF THESE RELIEF ORGANIZATIONS:

BritishRedCross's CHILE Earthquake Appeal: http://www.redcross.org.uk/donatesection.asp?id=77029
    www.oxfam.org.uk - www.redcross.org - www.unicef.org - www.icrc.org or Disasters Emergency Committee receiving donations made on phone 0370 60 60 900 + through website www.dec.org.uk. Go to www.oxfamamerica.org, or text OXFAM to 25383 to make a one-time $10 donation to Oxfam’s Haiti Earthquake Response Fund.

Donations possible via text, phone or the "Hope for Haiti" Web site until July 2010

VIVA LA VIDA / VIVA COLDPLAYING.COM

MAKE PEACE
    - NOT WAR !!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by santos;3375767
    Thx for trying but that one wasīnt the one.Its an "electronic" song and there were no lyrics in it either.

Thx again...the search continues.

You tried "Couleurs" from M83???
    listen on their myspace
    http://www.myspace.com/m83

I'd like to know too ;-)

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast