Page 504 of 615 FirstFirst ... 4254404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 9211
    Chat posts
    November 21, 2012 - submitted by Tyler, United States of America

Q. Hello Almighty One,
    I just purchased the Live 2012 CD/DVD and it is fantastic. While looking through the included art booklet, I noticed something. On the last page, underneath the song symbols, it reads 'YMCVJMAJRNKGAM'.
    What do these letters stand for?
    I hope that you and the band have a great Thanksgiving!

The Oracle replies:

The band have published similar before and I know many fans worked it out. Those letters are the initials of the band's nearest & dearest. From left to right they are the significant other & children of Phil, Jonny, Will, Guy & Chris.
    Luctor et Emergo/not swallowed in the sea

Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11
    Rotterdam 17-12-11 London 01-06-12 London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13

it means everything and it means nothing to everybody and nobody - Guy Berryman

Phil, who is our fifth member, he doesnít play an instrument but he plays the mobile phone and the laptop computer - Will Champion

a negative capability is the ability within yourself to accept that things go up and down and you can't always control it and they can't always be up but they won't always be down - Chris Martin

itís a good noisy crowd that sing through the show at the Ahoy - none more so than when the band are on the B-Stage and the cheer for Will during Us Against The World is so huge that the song grinds to a halt amidst disbelieving giggles on stage - Roadie #42

2. Sponsored Links
    Chat posts
    November 21, 2012 - submitted by Katelyn, United States of America

Q. Is there any personal meaning behind the writing of Paradise to the band?

The Oracle replies:

There was a newspaper that reported the song was inspired by the 'everyday childhood disappointments' experienced by Chris' daughter.
    He himself said: "Paradise is about a girl really, the female half of the album, just about being a bit lost in the world and escaping through fantasy."
    Don't forget, the band also said the album is more of a concept album than anything.

Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11
    Rotterdam 17-12-11 London 01-06-12 London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13

Phil, who is our fifth member, he doesnít play an instrument but he plays the mobile phone and the laptop computer - Will Champion

a negative capability is the ability within yourself to accept that things go up and down and you can't always control it and they can't always be up but they won't always be down - Chris Martin

itís a good noisy crowd that sing through the show at the Ahoy - none more so than when the band are on the B-Stage and the cheer for Will during Us Against The World is so huge that the song grinds to a halt amidst disbelieving giggles on stage - Roadie #42

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tash;5469685
    November 21, 2012 - submitted by Tyler, United States of America

Q. Hello Almighty One,
    I just purchased the Live 2012 CD/DVD and it is fantastic. While looking through the included art booklet, I noticed something. On the last page, underneath the song symbols, it reads 'YMCVJMAJRNKGAM'.
    What do these letters stand for?
    I hope that you and the band have a great Thanksgiving!

The Oracle replies:

The band have published similar before and I know many fans worked it out. Those letters are the initials of the band's nearest & dearest. From left to right they are the significant other & children of Phil, Jonny, Will, Guy & Chris.

I didn't expected that she would actually answar that.
    ♥ 16/8 09 + 23/11/11 + 28/8 12♥

5/6 12~ The day I phone chatted with Chris.♥ :
    Quote:
    You are so young. Aren't you? And you know, right now everything's ahead of you. You could be anything. You could walk among the stars.
    You know when I was little like you I dreamt of the stars.
    I think it's fair to say, in the language of your age, that I lived my dream. I owned the stage. Gave it a hundred and ten percent.
    I hope you have as much fun as I did.

Allons-y Celien!

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Oracle
    [B]There was a newspaper that reported the song was inspired by the 'everyday childhood disappointments' experienced by Chris' daughter.

A newspaper? The Daily Mail?

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phoebeo;5469687

I didn't expected that she would actually answar that.

Yeah, I know! I remember seeing a similar question a while ago and she said it was a secret. Maybe now that lots of people have figured out what it means, the band don't mind her saying what it is.
    I can't think of anything interesting for my sig, so this sentence will do.

Chat posts
    November 22, 2012 - submitted by Miguel, Mexico

Q. Oracle,

Reading some of your answers, I think that Yellow is the most played song in the history of Coldplay's concerts.

Is there an album song that has never been sung live? If not, which is the least perfomed song?

The Oracle replies:

I think you may be right, Miguel. Yellow must be the most performed Coldplay song over the past decade or so.
    Twisted Logic from X&Y wasn't played live (not even on the Twisted Logic tour).
    Aside from that, I'd say if we're going off songs that have been performed - but not often - Moving To Mars is probably the least performed.

Chat posts
    November 22, 2012 - submitted by Francisco, Brazil

Q. I was wondering why the song Politik was named in German? Is there a special reason? Why it's not Politic?

Cheers, Francisco

The Oracle replies:

A while back, Chris gave an interview about it: "Phil said said to me ‘Oh, you should have a song called Politic.' And I said ‘Oh, all right'. It's as simple as that. Because if he says something you do it, unless it's something naff, but we liked it because it sounds Eastern... Russian. But it is meant to be with a K. We like it as a song title."

Coldplayer
    Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tash;5470931
    November 22, 2012 - submitted by Miguel, Mexico

Q. Oracle,

Reading some of your answers, I think that Yellow is the most played song in the history of Coldplay's concerts.

Is there an album song that has never been sung live? If not, which is the least perfomed song?

The Oracle replies:

I think you may be right, Miguel. Yellow must be the most performed Coldplay song over the past decade or so.
    Twisted Logic from X&Y wasn't played live (not even on the Twisted Logic tour).
    Aside from that, I'd say if we're going off songs that have been performed - but not often - Moving To Mars is probably the least performed.

Chat posts
    ^ here you go

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzBtFa3WB0o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzBtFa3WB0o[/ame]
    Then there was rain...a very wet, but wonderful night. 02/06/12 (pic taken by me).

Chat posts
    November 23, 2012 - submitted by The Oracle, United Kingdom

Q. WHO'D LIKE TO JOIN TEAM ORACLE?
    When I answer questions of a personal nature, Coldplay.com readers often get in touch with their own thoughts. So, we now have a weekly feature, Team Oracle, whereby each Friday (with the question asker's permission) we open up a question to all of you to answer too. Then, the following Friday, I'll post a selection of the best answers, alongside my own reply.
    ANYONE can join in so, if you'd like to, please email your response to the following question, in no more than 250 words, to theoracle@coldplay.com before midnight Thursday 29th November.

Sometimes we reach that point where we lose it. Where we don't know what to do. I think I have reached that point. I don't know how to explain it, I just feel so lost. I look at myself in the mirror and feel so unfullfilled and unhappy. I know how fortunate I am for the things I have but I never feel that feeling of happiness. Everyday I remind myself that I'll be out of this town, free,happy, and independent. But how can I be happy now? Clara, USA.

Look forward to seeing your replies.
    The Oracle

The Oracle replies:

Please email your replies to theoracle@coldplay.com

Chat posts
    November 23, 2012 - submitted by Francy, Italy

Q. Q. TEAM ORACLE QUESTION #97
    I have been together with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years now, and I'm in a strange situation. I no longer know what feelings I have for him. This has never happened to me before but, I always try to find times to stay away from him, and when I don't see him for a few days, I don't miss him.
    If I do miss him I feel like it might be out of boredom. Now, my boyfriend has terrible anxiety issues and panic attacks, which make him unable to leave the house alone, however he is finally (after 1 year) starting to get better. I am scared that my leaving him will just worsen his situation and he will once more have a nervous break down.
    I no longer know what the right thing to do is; wait for him to get better or just leave him and not worry about the consequences of my actions?

The Oracle replies:

A short answer from me on this subject. You can't stay with someone for fear of what will happen to them if you do leave. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but you're likely to do more damage to you both if you prolong a relationship that you're unsure of.
    You don't "need" to worry about the consequences but that doesn't mean you can't be mindful of his fragility. I'd be amazed if you didn't think about how he deals with the situation but he will in his own way. That said, break ups aren't the easiest of things for most people so I'm sure you'll do it gently.
    Over to you.

It really makes me sad to hear about the circumstances that have been placed upon you. And even thinking back on my own relationship I've seen to have grown too comfortable, and may have lost some feelings as well. If you still love your boyfriend as a good friend then treat him as such. I know you'll find a way to let him down gently. Also, don't feel like it's you're fault if anything happens. You could've led him on and no-one would be happy. Atleast this way you're preventing something more harmful to you both. This also might be a challenge because of his anxiety, but help him though it. Be there for him when he needs you and eventually it'll skin in that you're a great friend. Also, and I learned this the hard way, let him know that it's ok if he moves on. I hope it all goes well Francy. Billy N.

Sometimes we have to break something before it breaks us, sometimes we pass an accepted challenge stronger as we have ever been before.
    I would try to distinguish: on the one hand your relationship, on the other hand your boyfriend’s disease and his cure.
    Worries about his health should not be your only reason for staying. In the long run this could not be a solid relationship, which would be necessary to go through such a tough situation.
    That last year was stress for you both and you might be just tired, but maybe close to the point before it turns much better. Obviously your relationship was not so very bad, when he is getting better now.
    Still it sounds more like he needs professional help, a partner probably cannot handle this alone, or in the end both of you would need a therapy.
    Anyway you should check up your own capacity and all eventually reasons for staying or leaving.
    If you really decide to leave, it must be explicit for him too that a parting is the better decision for both.
    Try to make your position clear with all help you can get, before there starts a vicious circle of waiting and trying to go. Best wishes. L.Q.

Love is complicated. When you love someone you can do anything just for keeping a smile upon his/her face. But, when the feelings are all gone or are not there anymore, it’s time to ask yourself… Are you happy? I had always thought that passion it’s the motor of life. What you do must be for your own good. Nobody’s more important than you. That doesn’t mean that you should be selfish, that means that your feelings, you opinions, your word and your heart come first. It’s true, it’s very difficult when the decisions you make for your own good hurts someone else that is important to you. It’s all a mess and you don’t even know what to do. But, after all there is always an answer. Maybe, your relationship isn’t working, but you don’t have to cut it off. You can still be by his side. Friends are always important. They support you, help you, understand you and more than anything, love you. So, I think that you should think about you as much as him. So, this way you will be free of finding love again and you’ll have one friend that you will support and that will support you. Hope everything turns up fine.
    Love, Lyssete, Peru.

A friend of mine has been trough a similar situation with his boyfriend. The only thing I could recomend you is that you should think about your self for once, even if you love or loved him, so by anytime you have to leave him. Maybe in the future you can help him, as a friend. I know it's a difficult situation, but you are getting troubles due to other's problems. Do what makes you happier! greeting from Agustin, Argentina.

If you can find a way to communicate with honesty about your feelings it will save so much pain later. I don`t think many people want someone to stay out of pity, if they are honest about it. If you behave in a way which is respectful and sincere you can know that you have done your best in a painful situation. Julie.

Francy, I think in the long run you won't regret helping your boyfriend to get through his illness. I think you will be happier if you did what you could to help him rather than regretting sending him back deeper into his illness and putting your own interests first. If you're not sure of your feelings, there is the possibility that it's a phase your relationship is going through. Even if you were completely sure you don't want to together anymore, I think this guy would appreciate any form of support in his life and that you would therefore be a large part of this. If you were to hear that he had suffered a nervous breakdown after your relationship ends, I think the consequences would be worse than if you were bored of him occasionally while helping him to get better for a while longer. It sounds like a really tough situation to be going through. Good luck. Beth.

This is a strange situation indeed. The feelings you describe are really more about pity than love so if he had another illness would you stay with him? If he had cancer or something? This is not the basis for a lasting union. He had this problem before he knew you, he will have it after, be honest and cut yourself loose . You are not his therapist or a drug , you cannot cure him and it would be wrong of him or you to expect that . The fact that you don't miss him after being away from him suggests you need a change , it can be a mental drain to live with a person who has these issues , even if you love them deeply . You are thinking of the consequence of your actions but its not just his feelings you need to consider ...if you are not up to this it will begin to wear on you and you will end up resenting him. Not leaving him is not being honest with him. I wish you all the best as you wrestle with this dilemma, Laurie.

A hard decision. Sounds like you are at the end of this relationship. Guilt is making you stay with him. If you stay because of his problems you will start to resent him for this and it won't last anyway. Maybe you can stay long enough to get him some help for his problems, but eventually he will have to work through them himself. You can't do it, only he can. Good luck.
    Jaxster.

It sounds like you are both at a crossroad and journeying down separate paths at this point in your life. It is unfair on each of you if you stay with your boyfriend because you feel he is emotionally fragile and won't survive the break-up. Remember, happy relationships are based on honesty, and it appears to me that you aren't being honest with yourself. As difficult as it may be, you must remember that few people want to be in a relationship out of pity. Talk to your boyfriend and assure him that you will continue to support and encourage him as a friend, however, you need to rediscover who you really are as an individual so that you can be the best (platonic) companion to him as possible. You both need to be respectful of each other's life decisions. I wish you luck and send my warm wishes! Belinda.

Isn’t it funny how things seem to become so tricky when we care about people and don’t want to hurt them or their feelings! Sometimes by trying not to hurt people we can make even more of a mess of things! So I guess my advice to you is to be honest. I think when we aren’t honest with ourselves, or with others, or with our own feelings, it usually shows somehow anyway, and people can usually tell! Your boyfriend might already sense that something has changed in you and he might already be stressing over what it is, or what he has done to cause it etc! I would tell him the truth, and perhaps you need some time-out or away (without feeling guilty!) so that you can properly search your own heart and feelings. And, as much as you care about him and his welfare, you actually are not responsible for his actions/anxiety, but, you can support him as either his girlfriend or as his friend. (And besides, your boyfriend should have a good support network in place – a team of people, family, friends, professional doctors etc, and not just you!) all the best! love, Cali.

Thanks to all those who replied to this week’s question. Remember, Team Oracle is open to anyone so if you fancy replying, click to read this week's, and send us your answer.

Chat posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kestrel;5471654
    ^ here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzBtFa3WB0o

Why they didn't include this on MX is beyond me.

Chat posts
    November 26, 2012 - submitted by Ridho, Indonesia

Q. Dear Mighty Oracle,

I'm a huge fan of Coldplay, huge, HUGE fan and recently there was something bugging me. So, yesterday when I was searching Green Eyes lyric on Google and decided to open lyric007.com
    And then when I looked at the section where there was Coldplay's other song, something really confused me.
    There was a song titled Nobody Said It Was Easy, and I was instantly thinking "I never heard this song before", so I clicked it and then I was quite surprised when it's actually The Scientist lyric, but it showed Nobody Said it Was Easy.

So my question is: does Nobody Said It Was Easy an alias for The Scientist, or people just too dumb to knows the actual title from the wiki?

The Oracle replies:

You've answered it yourself in the final part of that last sentence. The Scientist was never known as an alias.
    If you want to know the lyrics, why not use our Recordings section?
    There are plenty of lyric sites on the web and some are really good (not 007 who do not, as they claim, do it better than bond - "nurse me your questions" - ridiculous!) but you can't get better than our official ones.

Chat posts
    November 26, 2012 - submitted by Andres, Mexico

Q. Hi Oracle! I was reading Live 2012's booklet and I found a rather interesting name under the Special Thanks section, Dave the cat. Who is Dave the cat?

Thanks!

The Oracle replies:

Dave is producer Rik Simpson's cat. Dave is in fact a female feline who sometimes hangs around the studio. Miaow.

Chat posts
    November 26, 2012 - submitted by Sarah, United Kingdom

Q. Dear Oracle
    I clicked the link to see the photo's R42 took for his blogs and where it says
    "Signed by Roadie #42 Matthew Miller"

My question is, is Matthew Miller Roadie 42?????????????????????????????????? If you've already answered this, sorry for being behind everyone else.

The Oracle replies:

Ta-dah! Yes. You're not behind; you're the first to ask after yesterday's first public revelation of that fact here on this website.
    He's affectionately known as Miller round these parts and finally you get to see the man behind all those amazing photos and insightful blogs that keep us going when starved of all things Coldplay. High five Miller!

Page 504 of 615 FirstFirst ... 4254404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast