Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Where everybody's got somebody to lean on

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    the last us show and and a very empty thread!!!!!
    HOUSTON·HARTFORD·HERSHEY·MÉXICO CITY·GUADALAJARA·MONTERREY

Thank you VIVA Tour, it was a fun invasion.

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cold_love23;2653373
    aww, this is kind of sad.. the last U.S show

I agree........

I love it when they are in the states....

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    boys should just about be going on.... (sigh) I assume they are flying home tonight to be home with their familes for thanksgiving. well, at least chris as i know gwyneth is cooking a proper thanksgiving meal.

Jonny's personal fluffer Texasluvsjonny's Avatar
    Livin' large in the Friends and Family room!

Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    UK peeps don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I'm sure Chris and Gwyneth will since she's American. Probably go to her mum's in Cali.
    Houston-Austin-Dallas-Cleveland-Indy-Alpine Valley-Dallas-ACL Taping-Houston-Dallas-Milwaukee-Today Show-Chicago-Chicago-DC-Philly-Orlando-Ft.Lauderdale-Houston-Dallas-Birmingham-Indy-San Antonio-Dallas-Houston-Alpine Valley-London-London-Mexico City-Mexico City-Guadalajara-Monterrey-Chicago-ACL Taping-Austin-Today Show- L.A.-Dallas-Dallas-Houston-Houston-DC-DC-East Rutherford-Chicago-Chicago-Brooklyn- NYC-NYC...
    Jonny

I do it to myself.... A RUSH OF VIDA's Avatar
    My Country: Mexico
    Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    I thought her mom lived in NY?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Has a place in California as well. Santa Barbara I believe.
    Houston-Austin-Dallas-Cleveland-Indy-Alpine Valley-Dallas-ACL Taping-Houston-Dallas-Milwaukee-Today Show-Chicago-Chicago-DC-Philly-Orlando-Ft.Lauderdale-Houston-Dallas-Birmingham-Indy-San Antonio-Dallas-Houston-Alpine Valley-London-London-Mexico City-Mexico City-Guadalajara-Monterrey-Chicago-ACL Taping-Austin-Today Show- L.A.-Dallas-Dallas-Houston-Houston-DC-DC-East Rutherford-Chicago-Chicago-Brooklyn- NYC-NYC...
    Jonny

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe back to NYC for the turkey day parade for the kids....and Chrissy. hehe
    Jonny

Account disabled

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    haha i bet chris can make a mean turkey

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I read online that Gwyneth is cooking a big meal in London for her American friends and then I read a thing that her Mom is cooking for the whole family in the Hamptons.

10. #55 last us tour date 

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I'm listening to the live Philly concert .... and I reached DAAHF... which is probably what they're playing right now in Phoenix, the concert i almost went to but didn't have enough money to pay for a flight/hotel/etc...

THIS IS THEIR LAST US TOUR DATE!!!
    Ugh!!!! THEY MUST COME BACK TO AMERICA in 2009!!!
    Chris' Mansfield Humor:
    "I don't know what you had to TIVO to be here. Maybe 'Entourage', no that was yesterday. Maybe the O'Reilly factor [laughs, boos]. As you can see we've been on this tour now for over 3 inches of curly hair, and when people start mistaking me for Michael Bolton then we'll come off tour..."
    LOVE TO ELBOW ^_~
    MANSFIELD, MA Replay - Aug. 3 2009 (1st ROW PIT!) H<3RTFORD, CT - May 23, 2009 V BOSTON, MA Replay - Oct. 29. 2008 - Thanks for remembering guys! I BOSTON, MA - Aug. 4, 2008 V MANCHESTER, NH - April 3, 2006 A MANSFIELD, MA - Aug. 6, 2005

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Texasluvsjonny;2653589
    UK peeps don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I'm sure Chris and Gwyneth will since she's American. Probably go to her mum's in Cali.

I remember Gwyneth saying that every year for thanksgiving, she goes to Steven Spielberg's house because he is her godfather and it's a tradition.

I ♥ Will

"My dream is that Will suddenly says ‘I’m gonna be a flamboyant homosexual drummer and wear outrageous clothes and say outrageous things.’ I would love nothing more.” - CAJM

Chicago...waiting for the next JONNYFEST!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    they are going back to LA tonight
    "Speed of Sound is about the miracles that surround us every day that we take for granted. For example, Jonny Buckland." --Chris

Reign of Jonny

Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest!Sniffing Pervs Unite!
    NY Today Show 6-27-08 Chicago 7-22-08 Chicago 7-23-08 Detroit 11-03-08 Orlando 11-07-08 Ft. Lauderdale 11-09-08
    Dallas 11-19-08 London 2-18-09 Indy 6-5-09 San Antonio 6-10-09 Alpine Valley 7-25-09 Tampa 8-9-09 Manchester 9-12-09 London Wembley 9-18-09 London Wembley 9-19-09...

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Just got back and it was amazing as usual. SAME SETLIST. NO NEW SONGS...but do I Have a story for you all!

I made a sign that said "Play Life in Technicolor ii or Glass of Water."

I was in the second row right next to the ramp of love, and I held up the sign right after the first encore (after DAAHF). Chris saw my sign, walked to the edge of the stage towards me and we had a mini conversation! He gave me the maybe hand sign, and strummed his hand like a guitar...like he didn't have the right guitar to play it...when all 4 band members were bowing, Chris pointed my sign out and they gave my a thumbs up!

Well...they came out for yellow but they didn't play LITii or GOW BUT, after Chris came over to me again and pointed at me, tore off Johnny's setlist from the ground and threw it towards me!!!! But, it hit the security guard and he gave it to the snotty B$it$H shitting next to me! And she wouldn't give it to me!!! By that time, Chris was gone and they boys had left. It makes me so made because she didn't even sing during the show and probably didn't even know half of the songs... and she KNEW that Chris was trying to give it to me. Some people...she has thebbad karma now!

But the fact that Chris and the whole band acknowledge me and my sign is so amazing!!! and he came over and tried to give me a setlist himself!!!! I'm so pumped up right now. I was really hoping that they'd play a new song for the last US stop this year. But, at least I got their attention

I will post some pics/vids tomorrow...I'm still in disbelief that all this happened!

14. #59 Chris is tired y'all 

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    But first setlist:

Life In Technicolor
    Violet Hill
    Clocks
    In My Place
    Speed Of Sound
    Cemeteries Of London
    Chinese Sleep Chant
    Fix You
    Strawberry Swing
    God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version) B Stage
    Talk (techno version) B Stage
    The Hardest Part (just Chris and his piano)B Stage
    Postcards From Far Away (instrumental piano) B Stage
    Viva La Vida
    Lost!
    The Scientist (acoustic) in the crowd
    Death Will Never Conquer (featuring the lovely Will Champion)in the crowd
    Viva La Vida (remix interlude)
    Politik
    Lovers In Japan
    Death And All His Friends
    Yellow (Encore)
    The Escapist (outro)

Just got back to my hotel room and WOWWWWWW, the people in my section were great, dancing and singing even a mentally and physically handicapped boy with a cane, he waved it above his head as we all sang and clapped

I almost wet myself during In my Place, Jonny was sooooo close to the stage as I was filmingOh shit I love them somuch I want to see them again now!!!! And yes coldplaybirdsfly Ihopethey come back to US in 2009.

Well, you could tell they were tired, bless their hearts, especailly Chris, he wasn't his normal witty and chatty self. I didn't check the Anaheim thread from Tuesday, sO I don't know if his demeanor was the same then or not, but you could tell something wasn't quite 100% with him.

Especailly when he introduced Will for DWNC, he just simply said:"Here's our drummer Will, no clever intro this time, I don't know maybe he was not in the best mood or I'm just reading too much into it. But he was still animated and dancing around throughout. The crowd may have also added to the mood, the audience as a whole was a little mellow I noticed.

I still had the best time, I love these guys so much, and how beautiful is The Hardest Part with just Chris and his piano?
    love is only in your mind
    and not your heart.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    knectthedots that was you??? I was wondering what Chris was saying. Did you notice he seemed tired or just a bit off emotionally?

Oh and they ran right past me when they were headed to the crowd to sing the Scientist and DWNC. And I grabbed Chris' arm and hand, and felt his sweat and his hair and his bracelets, jesus I didn't want to let go

I have it on film and I'll try and upload it tonight. I took a lot of videos that were ruined because people kept blocking my view
    love is only in your mind
    and not your heart.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast