Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wils333;2694131
    Ok, I haven't checked through this thread to see if this is covered, but it is 20 odd pages long so I hope people forgive me if I'm going over old ground.

I saw that the review on the front page of coldplaying.com stated that it was ludicrous that you couldn't wave flags. I'm sorry, I think that's totally correct. I'm not a boring person at gigs, I was the first to stand up in my block, sang at the top of my voice, and absolutely loved it, save for one thing. A really quite annoying girl in front of me waving her flag in my face. They genuinely ruin it for everyone behind them. You can enjoy the show the same without waving a flag saying 'viva', with the ridiculously hope Chris 'might' see it. He's 100 metres away for god's sake. Just enjoy the music. I did, and had the best gig of my life!

Again, apologies if I'm just repeating what's already been said.

Bah, humbug!! Flags add to the atmosphere!!

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Festivals yes, indoor gigs no!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wils333;2694144
    Festivals yes, indoor gigs no!

Well I would have been more than happy to help wave the flag.
    And if there'd been a standing area, as there should have been, we could have waved it down the front.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    can't say i see many flags at gigs it seems to be more a festival thing but I don't think I'd have minded, some people at reading had a huge "I got ham but i'm not a hamster" flag that was massive and not on a tall poll so really did block everyones view, people soon through enough stuff at it for them to remove it Only time I was slightly annoyed by them was at T when I was trying to pic pics of Jared from KOL and this flag seemed to sway my way everytime, but that was only in jest, they've never so far spoiled my fun..I prefer Glow sticks personally
    16th April 2003 : London Earls Court 28th June 2005 : London, Crystal Palace National Sports Centre14th Dec 2008 : O2 Arena16th Dec 2008 : O2 Arena

18th Feb 2009: Shepherds Bush Empire18th Sep 2009: Wembley Stadium19th Sep 2009: Wembley Stadium

25th June 2011 Glastonbury Festival 1st June 2012 Emirates Stadium

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bello-lo;2694513
    can't say i see many flags at gigs it seems to be more a festival thing but I don't think I'd have minded, some people at reading had a huge "I got ham but i'm not a hamster" flag that was massive and not on a tall poll so really did block everyones view, people soon through enough stuff at it for them to remove it Only time I was slightly annoyed by them was at T when I was trying to pic pics of Jared from KOL and this flag seemed to sway my way everytime, but that was only in jest, they've never so far spoiled my fun..I prefer Glow sticks personally

Unlike my "neighbour" at the gig...............................

a thousand houses long ApproximatelyInfinite's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    ok, this is probably already been asked and blah blah blah, so forgive me for being a noob, but is there a decent recording anywhere of the guys doing jingle bells? i didn't see anything in multimedia, and i'd love to hear it

But I know one day, good things are coming our way

M A L C J

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 12

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to be so late back to the thread.

It was a great night after all, after what a had been a very tiring and troublesome day for me, I even didn't think I'd make it at all at one point!!

My legs were still aching from the night before, and I didn't feel too comfortable dancing like I wanted to on the tier. It even took me a few songs to warm up to my usual standard, but I have Chavi to thank for that Her energy and passion inspired me, and took me where I needed to be, and I think we had a rather good dance and singalong from that point onwards

Thanks so much Chavi, it was an absolute pleasure to spend the evening with you, and so glad you got back safe and sound. And we never even got our photo together (booooo!!) but at least we have one from the night before. And please keep teddy secret from my sister and her partner just for now, and until I can get Kels over here and get that damn ring on her finger
    I didn't eat confetti but I made it close...four times now!

UPDATE: confetti finally eaten at the fifth attempt, 12th September 2009, Manchester, and it ain't too tasty!!

Where everybody's got somebody to lean on

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    awwwww.........
    HOUSTON·HARTFORD·HERSHEY·MÉXICO CITY·GUADALAJARA·MONTERREY

Thank you VIVA Tour, it was a fun invasion.

Planet_CP_Alltheistic airieslady's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    So sorry you guys had restrictions in your seats... in the US, we had all seats, but when the show started everyone stood up and went crazy... forget all about the seats and we had signs all about waving. I guess it's different in the UK. Well, I know the stadium will have no restrictions .... right?!?!
    "Open up your eyes...That's How You See The World...See It In A New Sun Rise"
    Orlando/Tampa/Philly Sign Gang 2006 Orlando/Ft. Lauderdale 2008
    W. Palm / Tampa 2009 Wembley 2009 Chicago 2011
    Hollywood/Tampa/Chicago 2012

B-Day April 8th...Moses & Me

Coldplaying Charity Club

Crazy love giraffe. but a dream's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    We'll all be standing, at least for the 19th

Account disabled

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kimchi;2694817
    Sorry to be so late back to the thread.

It was a great night after all, after what a had been a very tiring and troublesome day for me, I even didn't think I'd make it at all at one point!!

My legs were still aching from the night before, and I didn't feel too comfortable dancing like I wanted to on the tier. It even took me a few songs to warm up to my usual standard, but I have Chavi to thank for that Her energy and passion inspired me, and took me where I needed to be, and I think we had a rather good dance and singalong from that point onwards

Thanks so much Chavi, it was an absolute pleasure to spend the evening with you, and so glad you got back safe and sound. And we never even got our photo together (booooo!!) but at least we have one from the night before. And please keep teddy secret from my sister and her partner just for now, and until I can get Kels over here and get that damn ring on her finger

Aww, I`m on my way, Kimchi dear!

that "damn ring " ought to be "that damn ROCK of a ring" for me having to miss these concerts

Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I've started uploading my vids on youtube!
    IN MY PLACE (the sound is good)
    [ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mzdLr6LmmGM"]YouTube - Coldplay - In My Place - Live At The O2 Arena 16th December 08[/ame]
    i have more if anyone wants to see them...
    remember to watch in HQ!
    DC X
    ~ darkchoc92 aka Naomi ~
    16/12/08 - COLDPLAY AT THE O2!!!
    (I didn't get to heaven but I made it close!!)
    watch my videos here

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Nice to see an addition to the set with Jingle Bells, although surely they could have fitted Death Will Never Conquer in as well (it's only 1min30secs long)

I see this standing thing has been raised again. As I've mentioned before I'll stand if others are, but if everyone remains seated then so shall I - I'm not going to ruin the view for everyone else by standing up. I (and the vast majority) have come for the music and to see the band perform it, which can be done either standing or seated. In Manchester, for example, Chris requested we stand up so it seems fair enough to stand.

People have been grumbling about waving of flags. To be honest, I'm glad they aren't allowed as it just blocks everyone's view and you can't possibly see round them. There is nothing worse than having a stupid flag in your way. At least with a person you can move your head around. Tiered seating in particular is better because there is around a foot between each level so you can see above the person in front.

I think people are forgetting Coldplay are a soft rock band. Most people find them rather slow and unenergetic (at least until they've seen them live) and even still I'd find it hard to do any dancing to most of the songs. They are hardly the Kaiser Chiefs or The Killers, so I don't think people expect others to be up dancing, hence the all seated.

There can be a great atmosphere with singing, clapping, cheering etc. without the need for ruining things for others.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    With all due respect, what you've said is complete rubbish. You've obviously never been in a "standing" area at one of their concerts, otherwise you would have been able to tell the difference.
    This is all about choice, and the atmosphere was nowhere near as good. Even Chris noticed, judging by some of his comments on the night.
    I had two lemons sitting next to me who didn't move a muscle all night, and another guy the other side who had a glowstick phobia!!
    The upcoming stadium gigs are going to be ten times better.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by r2ro;2697316
    Nice to see an addition to the set with Jingle Bells, although surely they could have fitted Death Will Never Conquer in as well (it's only 1min30secs long)

I see this standing thing has been raised again. As I've mentioned before I'll stand if others are, but if everyone remains seated then so shall I - I'm not going to ruin the view for everyone else by standing up. I (and the vast majority) have come for the music and to see the band perform it, which can be done either standing or seated. In Manchester, for example, Chris requested we stand up so it seems fair enough to stand.

People have been grumbling about waving of flags. To be honest, I'm glad they aren't allowed as it just blocks everyone's view and you can't possibly see round them. There is nothing worse than having a stupid flag in your way. At least with a person you can move your head around. Tiered seating in particular is better because there is around a foot between each level so you can see above the person in front.

I think people are forgetting Coldplay are a soft rock band. Most people find them rather slow and unenergetic (at least until they've seen them live) and even still I'd find it hard to do any dancing to most of the songs. They are hardly the Kaiser Chiefs or The Killers, so I don't think people expect others to be up dancing, hence the all seated.

There can be a great atmosphere with singing, clapping, cheering etc. without the need for ruining things for others.

...they're just spies crazyduckette's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I have to agree completely with you Mark, the seating has been a completely stupid idea.

On both occasions I saw the band this UK leg, it's been a bit marred by the people I've been sitting around. I got a filthy look from a woman one but next to me when I jumped up and down during Politik. but when the butterflies started falling she rubbed her hands with glee and told the man next to her she was taking as many as she could. People all around me looked like they couldn't give a toss that they were there, and it disappointed me so much. I knew that people like Mariana in Sheffield was sitting at the back of the arena and she would have appreciated the seat next to me so much more than this stupid woman.

Im so glad that Wembley is standing, it will be amazing.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast