Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Jonny's personal fluffer Texasluvsjonny's Avatar
    Livin' large in the Friends and Family room!

Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    LIT2 squeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Houston-Austin-Dallas-Cleveland-Indy-Alpine Valley-Dallas-ACL Taping-Houston-Dallas-Milwaukee-Today Show-Chicago-Chicago-DC-Philly-Orlando-Ft.Lauderdale-Houston-Dallas-Birmingham-Indy-San Antonio-Dallas-Houston-Alpine Valley-London-London-Mexico City-Mexico City-Guadalajara-Monterrey-Chicago-ACL Taping-Austin-Today Show- L.A.-Dallas-Dallas-Houston-Houston-DC-DC-East Rutherford-Chicago-Chicago-Brooklyn- NYC-NYC...
    Jonny

2. Sponsored Links
    Where everybody's got somebody to lean on

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    aww yay for kara!! greatp ic of jonny's bum and chris. head in a funny place

or is it in his place
    *Arnhem 07-07-2005*Brixton 16-06-2008*Rotterdam 03-10-2008*Antwerp 04-10-2008*Arras Main Square Festival 02-07-09*Rockwerchter 03/05-07-09*Goffertpark Nijmegen 09/10-09-09*
    *Wembley stadium London 19-09-09*Pinkpop 11-06-2011*Ahoy Rotterdam 17-12-2011

Where everybody's got somebody to lean on

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazyduckette;2667473
    Aww...yeah, when tickets went on sale... London sold out.... so I bought Birmingham. then a third date for London went on sale. I kept the Birmingham one...it's sort of close to where I live at uni. Then, Jen saw extra close tickets on sale yesterday so she got them....... Your shows are soooon arent they

Another VIDEO!
    YouTube - Life In Technicolor 2, Birmingham NIA, 2/12/08

LIT TWOOOOOOOOO

me s it!
    and me thinks jonny s it toooo!
    *Arnhem 07-07-2005*Brixton 16-06-2008*Rotterdam 03-10-2008*Antwerp 04-10-2008*Arras Main Square Festival 02-07-09*Rockwerchter 03/05-07-09*Goffertpark Nijmegen 09/10-09-09*
    *Wembley stadium London 19-09-09*Pinkpop 11-06-2011*Ahoy Rotterdam 17-12-2011

Chicago...waiting for the next JONNYFEST!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazyduckette;2666881
    Ok, so I have to go and play in a stupid basketball match and don't wanna...Ive half written a review... and in a few hours I'll be back....to post the rest.

MEANWHILE.... my best video I took (when my camera behaved itself) wooooooooooo
    ENJOY (Chrissy fans in particular)

YouTube - Coldplay, Lovers In Japan at NIA Birmingham, 2/12/08, Chris

sorry its not very long.

Oh WOW Kara! Nice!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carlaatje;2667488
    aww yay for kara!! greatp ic of jonny's bum and chris. head in a funny place

or is it in his place

Thanks for your review, pics, and videos Kara! Glad you had a wonderful time!

"Speed of Sound is about the miracles that surround us every day that we take for granted. For example, Jonny Buckland." --Chris

Reign of Jonny

Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest!Sniffing Pervs Unite!
    NY Today Show 6-27-08 Chicago 7-22-08 Chicago 7-23-08 Detroit 11-03-08 Orlando 11-07-08 Ft. Lauderdale 11-09-08
    Dallas 11-19-08 London 2-18-09 Indy 6-5-09 San Antonio 6-10-09 Alpine Valley 7-25-09 Tampa 8-9-09 Manchester 9-12-09 London Wembley 9-18-09 London Wembley 9-19-09...

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazyduckette;2666851
    Hey! I think I might have see you, at the end, by the very front? Were you a tallish guy. with brown hair?
    I was getting a setlist too

Also SNAP! with the gigs you went to...I was at Sheffield too and last night

Nope fraid not, im a girl haha and i was in the seats on the side but at the bottom(if that makes sence) next to the stage

...they're just spies crazyduckette's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Aww, I'm sorry!
    haha, apologies.

mr coldplaying himself busybeeburns's Avatar

Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So I went to see Coldplay last night and to be quite honest there's only one way to describe their performance and that's "fucking amazing!!!!" (the exclamation marks are necessary). When we arrived the support DJ was already in full flow. I was quite disappointed I missed him come on because throughout the the set and even now with the power of the internet I didn't have a clue who he was. It wasn't too heavy so was actually quite cool to arrive and there was this live music being played in the background. The accompanying video was seriously hypnotic though, it was a strange mix of cartoons and wierd imagery. Once his set had finished there was obviously a break before Coldplay actually came on, a break that went on just that little bit too long.

Just when I was starting to get really pissed off they came on. I realise now why they included an instrumental version of Life in Technicolor on the album, because it is absolutely amazing as a tune for the band to take the stage to as they did at this performance and the fact that with another to the album it actually works really well as the first track on the album. It really does create an amazing atmosphere immediately. Judging from the atmosphere in the arena I really don't think Coldplay could have done any wrong from that point on. Then they launched into their first single off Viva La Vida, Violet Hill. I certainly wouldn't imagine that song, which is quite a slow as one that could get an arena all worked up, but such is the quality of Coldplay live because that's exactly what they did.

They then worked their way through old favourites as well as few tracks off the new amazing album. It was nice to hear Fix You when it isn't the final track of their set because the last time I saw Coldplay was in Bolton in 2005 where they filmed the performance part of the video and so they were trying perform it amazingly as possible. Obviously the track has the kind of strength that it will stand out wherever it is played in the set, but it's just ice to see it performed in a normal manner. Then they broke up set for a few songs by doing techno performances (including lasers) of God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and Talk. So much so that Will Champion moved onto a set of electronic drums. Chris Martin still played a traditional piano, but the tracks were really transformed. I think this was just a nod towards Kraftwerk because the versions were a similar style to and Kraftwerk because they had sampled their track Computer Love for Talk. Unfortunately they only did this for two songs because I actually quite liked how they had re-worked the tracks.

They then went back to normal Coldplay mode, which there is certainly nothing wrong with. They played two tracks and then it was the highlight of the concert for me. They played Viva La Vida and the sight of the drummer, Will Champion, pounding away on kettle drums and using an actual bell instead of cymbals will never get old for me no matter how many times I see it. They then moved into Lost!. I'd actually forgotten ho good the original track is because I'm so used to hearing the version including Jay-Z off Prospekt's March and the single itself.

They then went off, which was seriously surprising because they'd only been for just over hour. Then all of a sudden they re-appeared on some of walk ways in the stadium as they made their way to back of the stadium to a little performance area, which I hadn't noticed initially. There actually a bunch of acoustic guitars there that they all played for Green Eyes. Then they played their short single, Death Will Never Conquer, which gave away free on their website a while ago. Only Chris Martin was playing the harmonica so drummer, Will Champion was proving himself to be the most versatile member of the band by doing the vocals for the track.

They then went off for a short while to get back to main stage. Viva La Vida was playing over the speakers with the whole crowd singing along, to which Chris Martin was actually shocked that the crowd was singing in key. When the were at the stage they sang two or three songs they played the album closer, which is an absolute tune and a half to finish a set off before they properly went off for a short break because they had been playing for an hour and a half. They did come back on for the obligatory encore which all culminated in the last song proper song of the night being their other version of the song they had opened with, Life in Technicolour ii.

The whole way through the set it was absolutely amazing. All the songs just take on a whole new life when you hear them live. Chris Martin is also a good front man, having cheeky jokes with audience the whole way through. He only went wrong once the entire concert and like a good front man made it into a joke of it with the crowd by playing end section about 3 or 4 times to "get his confidence back".
    The early bird catches the worm. The second mouse gets the cheese!

I do it to myself.... A RUSH OF VIDA's Avatar
    My Country: United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Ive watched some videos from this gig and it sounds totally silent!!!...It sounds like nobody was there....

...they're just spies crazyduckette's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Well, you're wrong.

Pretty sure Chris's goofy happy face at the crowd singing along so loudly justifies this.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by busybeeburns;2669509

So I went to see Coldplay last night and to be quite honest there's only one way to describe their performance and that's "fucking amazing!!!!" (the exclamation marks are necessary). When we arrived the support DJ was already in full flow. I was quite disappointed I missed him come on because throughout the the set and even now with the power of the internet I didn't have a clue who he was. It wasn't too heavy so was actually quite cool to arrive and there was this live music being played in the background. The accompanying video was seriously hypnotic though, it was a strange mix of cartoons and wierd imagery. Once his set had finished there was obviously a break before Coldplay actually came on, a break that went on just that little bit too long.

Just when I was starting to get really pissed off they came on. I realise now why they included an instrumental version of Life in Technicolor on the album, because it is absolutely amazing as a tune for the band to take the stage to as they did at this performance and the fact that with another to the album it actually works really well as the first track on the album. It really does create an amazing atmosphere immediately. Judging from the atmosphere in the arena I really don't think Coldplay could have done any wrong from that point on. Then they launched into their first single off Viva La Vida, Violet Hill. I certainly wouldn't imagine that song, which is quite a slow as one that could get an arena all worked up, but such is the quality of Coldplay live because that's exactly what they did.

They then worked their way through old favourites as well as few tracks off the new amazing album. It was nice to hear Fix You when it isn't the final track of their set because the last time I saw Coldplay was in Bolton in 2005 where they filmed the performance part of the video and so they were trying perform it amazingly as possible. Obviously the track has the kind of strength that it will stand out wherever it is played in the set, but it's just ice to see it performed in a normal manner. Then they broke up set for a few songs by doing techno performances (including lasers) of God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and Talk. So much so that Will Champion moved onto a set of electronic drums. Chris Martin still played a traditional piano, but the tracks were really transformed. I think this was just a nod towards Kraftwerk because the versions were a similar style to and Kraftwerk because they had sampled their track Computer Love for Talk. Unfortunately they only did this for two songs because I actually quite liked how they had re-worked the tracks.

They then went back to normal Coldplay mode, which there is certainly nothing wrong with. They played two tracks and then it was the highlight of the concert for me. They played Viva La Vida and the sight of the drummer, Will Champion, pounding away on kettle drums and using an actual bell instead of cymbals will never get old for me no matter how many times I see it. They then moved into Lost!. I'd actually forgotten ho good the original track is because I'm so used to hearing the version including Jay-Z off Prospekt's March and the single itself.

They then went off, which was seriously surprising because they'd only been for just over hour. Then all of a sudden they re-appeared on some of walk ways in the stadium as they made their way to back of the stadium to a little performance area, which I hadn't noticed initially. There actually a bunch of acoustic guitars there that they all played for Green Eyes. Then they played their short single, Death Will Never Conquer, which gave away free on their website a while ago. Only Chris Martin was playing the harmonica so drummer, Will Champion was proving himself to be the most versatile member of the band by doing the vocals for the track.

They then went off for a short while to get back to main stage. Viva La Vida was playing over the speakers with the whole crowd singing along, to which Chris Martin was actually shocked that the crowd was singing in key. When the were at the stage they sang two or three songs they played the album closer, which is an absolute tune and a half to finish a set off before they properly went off for a short break because they had been playing for an hour and a half. They did come back on for the obligatory encore which all culminated in the last song proper song of the night being their other version of the song they had opened with, Life in Technicolour ii.

The whole way through the set it was absolutely amazing. All the songs just take on a whole new life when you hear them live. Chris Martin is also a good front man, having cheeky jokes with audience the whole way through. He only went wrong once the entire concert and like a good front man made it into a joke of it with the crowd by playing end section about 3 or 4 times to "get his confidence back".

Well that's one of the few reviews I've read that actually mentions Will singing....

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazyduckette;2667473
    Aww...yeah, when tickets went on sale... London sold out.... so I bought Birmingham. then a third date for London went on sale. I kept the Birmingham one...it's sort of close to where I live at uni. Then, Jen saw extra close tickets on sale yesterday so she got them....... Your shows are soooon arent they

Another VIDEO!
    YouTube - Life In Technicolor 2, Birmingham NIA, 2/12/08

LIT TWOOOOOOOOO

Saturday!!! And!! Tuesday?! Annoyed actually (as if I could possibly be MORE annoyed especially with the whole seating issue! ) because I'd taken friday and monday off work, given they were meant to be on Friday and Saturday....so now I can't get time off work and am having to travel back to Glasgow on Tuesday after work... BUT also have KOL on Sunday V excited about that!

I do it to myself.... A RUSH OF VIDA's Avatar
    My Country: United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Setlist?

Thr Network Fembot butterfliesinjapan's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    for those who can't watch it on Roadie #42's video

[ame="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Uk1RmJE3k"]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Uk1RmJE3k[/ame]
    Green Day
    Toronto
    8-18-2010
    Front row!!!!!!!!

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    very good

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567