Page 471 of 498 FirstFirst ... 221371421461467468469470471472473474475481 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 7458

Fav Album : VLVODAAHF
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

Pre-order Live 2012 from iTunes
    7 November 2012 11:34 am
    Film and audio available in UK, Ireland, France, Germany, US & Canada

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-NbV4JTjU[/ame]

Good morning. You can now pre-order Coldplay's upcoming concert film / live album, Live 2012, from iTunes in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, US and Canada, ahead of its release on 19 November.

- Click here to pre-order the film
    - Click here to pre-order the album

Anchorman
    Luctor et Emergo/not swallowed in the sea

Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11 Rotterdam 17-12-11 London 01-06-12
    London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13 Cologne 25-04-14 London 01-07-14 London 02-07-14

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Interview: The Temper Trap
    9 November 2012 8:24 pm
    We hear from the band's support act for the NZ/Australia shows

Australian band the Temper Trap are supporting Coldplay on the New Zealand/Australia tour which begins on Saturday night in Auckland. We dropped frontman Dougy Mandagi a line to find out more about them.

Hi Dougy, how are you?
    Fantabulous.

Are you looking forward to the shows with Coldplay?
    Very much so.

For any Coldplay fans who haven't yet heard the Temper Trap, what do you sound like?
    Coldplay.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN7HQrgakZU[/ame]

You're more used to playing headline dates these days - will you approach the support slots any differently to a normal show?
    Yes, less ballads, keeping things punchy, direct, familiar and big.

The second show is a hometown gig - presumably that should be a standout for you guys?
    It's always good to come home to where it all started. We're an Oz band and always will be no matter where we may base ourselves.

Australasia is a big old place, how are you guys getting between the shows?
    My mom's station wagon that we used to drive for band practice.

Please tell us one thing that Coldplay - or anyone - should do in each of Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane?
    New Zealand is kinda out of our element but apparently Mordor is quite menacing and hot this time of year.
    Melbourne: Cherry Bar on AC/DC Lane (that's right, AC/DC Lane!!); Chin Chin on Flinders Lane for an amazing Asian fusion dinner/cocktails. St. Kilda, Fitzroy (if you like watching hipsters being all hip and shit). The list goes on and on.
    Sydney, go to Shady Pines for drinks if you can find it. Bondi is a must (north side by the rocks is better) the neighbouring beaches like Bronti, Tama are quieter and more "local." Sydney harbor overlooking the opera house is the most beautiful harbor I've ever seen in my travels.
    Brisbane... No idea. Sorry. Don't swim in the canals. There's hungry bull sharks!

What should the band expect from Australian crowds?
    Australian accents.

Do you have any idea how you came to be on the tour?
    Well, I sincerely hope that it's because Coldplay like us.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW0uYfq3VLU[/ame]

Are you guys generally fans of Coldplay?
    Yup. I played the first 2 records to death and Fix You is one of those songs that I listen to and think, "why didn't I write that!!!?"

Have you seen them live before?
    Ages ago at Rod Laver in Melbourne. This was before I even started the band.

According to Last.fm, there is "medium similarity" between the Temper Trap and Coldplay. Does that sound reasonable?!
    Refer to question 3.

Coldplay always have a cricket bat and ball in their dressing room. Australians are usually annoyingly good at cricket. Do you think you could take them in a mini-Ashes?
    We can take anyone on at any sport. Joseph our multi instrumentalist is particularly good at mixed martial arts. We're very competitive! It's all about winning, not having fun!

What else have the Temper Trap got coming up in the next few months?
    Writing and more shows. The usual.

Finally, what's your favourite Coldplay song?
    Fix You.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BU-1ukQ3vo[/ame]

Thanks very much!
    You're welcome very much.

For more information on the Temper Trap, head to www.thetempertrap.com.

Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11 Rotterdam 17-12-11 London 01-06-12
    London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13 Cologne 25-04-14 London 01-07-14 London 02-07-14

Stand tall, bipedal ape

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tash;5452590
    Tony is on the email chain and wants to make it very clear to me that I should choose the image that he likes from the three options. He doesn’t want people seeing the one of him looking rather camp. He wants nobody to see that. Nobody at all. I promise to make sure it doesn’t go in the book.

I didn’t say, though, that I wouldn’t put it in the blog…

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tash;5452590
    After the year or so of Mylo that we’ve had, it’s a nice final lap

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Roadie #42 - Blog #184
    10 November 2012 10:42 am
    #42 reports on the soundcheck in Paradise (aka Auckland)

We’ve been out for over a year now and in every country and every city we’ve visited, Chris has sung “This could be Paradise”. New Zealand though, gets my vote for it being closest to the truth. Of course we’ve arrived mid-spring, escaping a damp and chilly run into winter at home. Even so, it’s lush, it’s green and it genuinely is pretty damn wonderful.

Click for large version

I’ve been here a while already, staying with some old friends down on South Island. The band, however, have gone for the rather questionable approach of following the head-mashing 28 hour flight (and 12 hour time difference) by piling straight down to the stadium for a soundcheck the night before the first show.

The general consensus among the crew is that one of two things could happen. They’ll either be completely wiped out and they’ll turn up, have a look and go straight to bed - or they’ll be somewhat on the tired and irritable side. What happens though, is way better. There’s a giggly, daft air to the soundcheck. They’re clearly in that weird underwater stage of jetlag where it’s impossible to take anything seriously.

God Put A Smile gets a ridiculous, terrible pub-band heavy metal ending - complete with over the top fretwank nonsense from Mr Buckland. The C-stage dissolves into mangled lyrics and giggles as Phil Harvey and Anthony Martin (CM’s father) get the cricket gear out and blow out the jetlag cobwebs.

As the C-stage is finished up, Chris pulls out a tune that was knocking around while they were putting Mylo together. It’s funny hearing it again - something that never made it outside the Beehive walls echoing around the open air on the other side of the planet. It definitely still sounds good to me. There’s talk of studios to fill in the days off - who knows what’ll happen…

Soon, the sporting theme takes over and the soundcheck is abandoned. Will and Jonny head off to talk footy with Lighting Director Graham Feast and then the cricket becomes a full band and crew free for all.

As starts to a tour leg go, I can’t remember a more pleasant one. It may not actually be Paradise, but I figure if we ever get there, it won’t be all that different.

R42

Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tash;5455648

Wow I LOVE that photo
    1. Jonny looks totally kewl
    2. OMG CHRIS
    Quote:

Quote:

CUUUURRRRLLLLLLSSSSSS

Quote:
    God Put A Smile gets a ridiculous, terrible pub-band heavy metal ending - complete with over the top fretwank nonsense from Mr Buckland.

PIC OR VID OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN
    Quote:
    As the C-stage is finished up, Chris pulls out a tune that was knocking around while they were putting Mylo together. It’s funny hearing it again - something that never made it outside the Beehive walls echoing around the open air on the other side of the planet. It definitely still sounds good to me. There’s talk of studios to fill in the days off - who knows what’ll happen…

WAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT
    A very dazzled Coldplay fan

THE ANGRY GERMAN VERSION Batman's Avatar
    My Country: Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 136

0 Not allowed!

God that just totally made my heart melt, and I don't even know why

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS SHOCKED BY THE HUGE TEASE R42 JUST DID IN THIS BLOG ?

THE ANGRY GERMAN VERSION Batman's Avatar
    My Country: Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 136

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coeurli;5455737
    AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS SHOCKED BY THE HUGE TEASE R42 JUST DID IN THIS BLOG ?

I'm not shocked but pleasantly surprised

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Not really shocked about it; a bunch of songs are probably still good enough for release and since they recorded and mixed a few of them already, there's no reason why not release it in time with comics' release.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Comicforce;5453166
    Exactly, but it's SO so tempting.. it's like your parents saying.. 'hey kids come and FEEL your presents!' LOL

Oh congrats.. you will love it SO much!

And what is wrong with sneaking around Christmas presents? Hmmmmm?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Twisted mind;5455732

God that just totally made my heart melt, and I don't even know why

Ditto. Sigh.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Twisted mind;5455738
    I'm not shocked but pleasantly surprised

AND.....ditto again. VERY, VERY pleasantly surprised.

When words fail and you don't know what to do - AEIOU |<3
    "Chris's energy is what drives the whole thing. He's an amazing mix of total panic and worry and self doubt, and confidence and absolute hysteria and fun." - Will Champion
    "That man is a superstar. I told him he was awesome." - Jay-Z

My Country: Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not gonna say it, I'm not gonna say it, I'm not gonna say it....

Spoiler
    I can't think of anything interesting for my sig, so this sentence will do.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SuperFitz;5456125
    I'm not gonna say it, I'm not gonna say it, I'm not gonna say it....

Spoiler

Well, it's understandable that we'd assume it is that song!

Omg if it's that song and we're indeed gonna hear it....Oh I'm so gonna laugh

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!
    ^ I think aliens (from Mars ) will hear a massive LOL from our entire planet, really
    Keeper of: "If you never try, you'll never know just what you're worth"; The "Goodbye and goodnight" Chris says at the end of every concert; "And I'm up here holding on to all those chandeliers of hope"; Chris speaking Italian; "As we soar walls every siren is a symphony and every tear's a waterfall"; "So you can hurt, hurt me bad, but still I'll raise the flag"; Chris's blue watch; Chris's colourful piano (2011);
    Coldplay @: HJF 09/06/11 - Nice 22/05/12.

PEACE & BUCKIN LOVE

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    ^

Page 471 of 498 FirstFirst ... 221371421461467468469470471472473474475481 ... LastLast