Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 337
  1. #151  
    Why She Loves Me? Pseudonym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    23,287

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ailene90;2475238
    That Santogold chick or whatever her name was...yes she was VERY annoying. I was bopping my head to the music, but I think it was honestly because i am very sleep deprieved and if I didn't otherwise, I would have fell asleep.

    So the floor seats weren't worth it? I originally wanted floor seats but ended up getting lower level, which was great in the end. I've never had floor seats so I was wondering.



    She was just AWFUL

    And the floor seats are only good if you are very tall. Otherwize you cant see a damned thing. I ended up wishing I had lower level seats.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #152  
    Jonny's Lori KissesBirds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago...waiting for the next JONNYFEST!
    Posts
    2,594

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Woah woah woah, back up. A girl jumped out and KISSED CHRIS? I need full details here man! Come on! Where did she kiss him? Did he try to stop it? What was the reaction of Chris, the guys, the crowd?

    I may need to pull this on JB.

    But probably not because I'm too shy.

    But DETAILS MAN! And video would be nice too!

    Thanks.

    .
    "Speed of Sound is about the miracles that surround us every day that we take for granted. For example, Jonny Buckland." --Chris

    Reign of Jonny


    Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest!Sniffing Pervs Unite!
    NY Today Show 6-27-08 Chicago 7-22-08 Chicago 7-23-08 Detroit 11-03-08 Orlando 11-07-08 Ft. Lauderdale 11-09-08
    Dallas 11-19-08 London 2-18-09 Indy 6-5-09 San Antonio 6-10-09 Alpine Valley 7-25-09 Tampa 8-9-09 Manchester 9-12-09 London Wembley 9-18-09 London Wembley 9-19-09...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #153  
    I do it to myself.... A RUSH OF VIDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,597
    My Country: United States
    Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2732;2475239
    She was just AWFUL

    And the floor seats are only good if you are very tall. Otherwize you cant see a damned thing. I ended up wishing I had lower level seats.



    damn that sucks ASs ..............well atleast u had a little bit of a great time....but who knows what was up with the no encore thing...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #154  
    Coldplayer UrbanBuckeye33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ohio/ SC for school
    Posts
    207

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Square One back eh?
    "The love you take, is equal to the love....you make"
    - The Beatles
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #155  
    I do it to myself.... A RUSH OF VIDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,597
    My Country: United States
    Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UrbanBuckeye33;2475243
    Square One back eh?


    looks like it
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #156  
    I do it to myself.... A RUSH OF VIDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,597
    My Country: United States
    Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KissesBirds;2475240
    Woah woah woah, back up. A girl jumped out and KISSED CHRIS? I need full details here man! Come on! Where did she kiss him? Did he try to stop it? What was the reaction of Chris, the guys, the crowd?

    I may need to pull this on JB.

    But probably not because I'm too shy.

    But DETAILS MAN! And video would be nice too!

    Thanks.

    .



    where did u hear that?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #157  
    Why She Loves Me? Pseudonym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    23,287

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KissesBirds;2475240
    Woah woah woah, back up. A girl jumped out and KISSED CHRIS? I need full details here man! Come on! Where did she kiss him? Did he try to stop it? What was the reaction of Chris, the guys, the crowd?

    I may need to pull this on JB.

    But probably not because I'm too shy.

    But DETAILS MAN! And video would be nice too!

    Thanks.

    .



    All right, it all happened very quickly.
    The guys were running thru the crowd and as they got up a couple of steps some girl jumped at Chris from his side. She reached out and grabbed his face and just gave him a peck. He didnt even miss a step. The crowd didnt care, they were all too shocked that they could reach out and touch the band. But it happened quickly, but yeah, someone got a kiss

    Sorry, no pics or video from me
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #158  
    Beautiful World green_eyes11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    185

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tcaporale;2475184
    Uh...from the top of my head? I'll try.

    -Life in Technicolor
    -Violet Hill
    -Clocks
    -In My Place
    -Viva la Vida
    -Yes
    -42
    -Fix You
    -Strawberry Swing
    -Chinese Sleep Chant
    -God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (Techno version)
    -Square One
    -The Hardest Part (Partial)
    -Yellow
    -Lost!
    -The Scientist (Acoustic)
    -Death Will Never Conquer (Will Champion on vocals)
    -Politik
    -Lovers in Japan
    -Death and All His Friends
    -The Escapist (Exit music)



    You guys are so lucky they played Square One instead of Speed Of Sound! I wish they did that when they played TO! It's a much better song (IMO).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #159  
    Jonny's Lori KissesBirds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago...waiting for the next JONNYFEST!
    Posts
    2,594

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2732;2475248
    All right, it all happened very quickly.
    The guys were running thru the crowd and as they got up a couple of steps some girl jumped at Chris from his side. She reached out and grabbed his face and just gave him a peck. He didnt even miss a step. The crowd didnt care, they were all too shocked that they could reach out and touch the band. But it happened quickly, but yeah, someone got a kiss

    Sorry, no pics or video from me





    Wow! So no reaction from Chris at all. Ok thanks!
    "Speed of Sound is about the miracles that surround us every day that we take for granted. For example, Jonny Buckland." --Chris

    Reign of Jonny


    Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest!Sniffing Pervs Unite!
    NY Today Show 6-27-08 Chicago 7-22-08 Chicago 7-23-08 Detroit 11-03-08 Orlando 11-07-08 Ft. Lauderdale 11-09-08
    Dallas 11-19-08 London 2-18-09 Indy 6-5-09 San Antonio 6-10-09 Alpine Valley 7-25-09 Tampa 8-9-09 Manchester 9-12-09 London Wembley 9-18-09 London Wembley 9-19-09...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #160  
    Reign of Love marie/pims's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,004

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2732;2475248
    All right, it all happened very quickly.
    The guys were running thru the crowd and as they got up a couple of steps some girl jumped at Chris from his side. She reached out and grabbed his face and just gave him a peck. He didnt even miss a step. The crowd didnt care, they were all too shocked that they could reach out and touch the band. But it happened quickly, but yeah, someone got a kiss



    Good man That's funny.
    "So we rode down to the river
    Where Victorian ghosts pray
    For their curses to be broken
    We go wandering 'neath the arches
    Where the witches are and they say
    There are ghost towns in the ocean
    "
    Sponsor and learn about my Ghana and Rwanda volunteer projects! http://long-distances.blogspot.com/

    "We're all just working for Will Champion"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #161  
    here i lie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    711

    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    0 Not allowed!
    WOW I didn't notice that a girl got a kiss. Damn her lol. I was too busy drooling over the band's closeness in general. I wanted a touch!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #162  
    Coldplayer fakfak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,076

    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

    0 Not allowed!
    Comments on Openers and "no encores"

    On Openers:

    "That Santogold chick or whatever her name was...yes she was VERY annoying. I was bopping my head to the music, but I think it was honestly because i am very sleep deprieved and if I didn't otherwise, I would have fell asleep."

    I think the perceived lack of quality of Coldplay's opener's is due to two factors:

    1. They tend to pick acts which differ a great deal in style from their own music, are considerably less mainstream then them, or who are in general not well known. This creates a situation wherwe said opener is not to the taste of a great deal of Coldplay's live audience.

    2. Related to the above, most of these acts don't have a sound that works well in arenas. Personally, I like Santogold, but that music is better played in a smaller space.

    ON "no encores"

    I've been puzzling over this since it first popped up on the 2nd night Toronto thread. This morning however, I was finally able to contact some friends who were at that show and after hearing a detailed description of the set, I think I get it now.

    The band is playing virtually the same 20 song set (notwithstanding the changes) that it has since the beggining of this tour leg. Even if they are not leaving the stage, the show was always structured as 19 songs with DAAHF as the lone encore. The addition of green eyes and the new song were an added 2nd encore for some shows which has now seemingly been dropped. Mind you, I'm not saying you don't have the right to be mad at Coldplay for suspending the 2nd encore if you feel that way, but I do think it's important to note that they're not playing less songs now than they did the first night of the tour in L.A.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #163  
    Coldplayer
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,717

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    even i don't want to care whether that girl kissed Chris or not because i don't want to do anything to him forcefully because he himself looked at me straight at the 2 shows i went though.

    and that's enough to me.

    and congrats to her for kissing him.

    i think the fact he wouldn't mind because he knows that a lot of girls in this world loves him and he knows who he saw at the shows,because if he doesn't have anything in his mind why he looks at me for some couple of seconds then?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #164  
    Why She Loves Me? Pseudonym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    23,287

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fakfak;2475256
    Comments on Openers and "no encores"

    On Openers:

    "That Santogold chick or whatever her name was...yes she was VERY annoying. I was bopping my head to the music, but I think it was honestly because i am very sleep deprieved and if I didn't otherwise, I would have fell asleep."

    I think the perceived lack of quality of Coldplay's opener's is due to two factors:

    1. They tend to pick acts which differ a great deal in style from their own music, are considerably less mainstream then them, or who are in general not well known. This creates a situation wherwe said opener is not to the taste of a great deal of Coldplay's live audience.

    2. Related to the above, most of these acts don't have a sound that works well in arenas. Personally, I like Santogold, but that music is better played in a smaller space.

    ON "no encores"

    I've been puzzling over this since it first popped up on the 2nd night Toronto thread. This morning however, I was finally able to contact some friends who were at that show and after hearing a detailed description of the set, I think I get it now.

    The band is playing virtually the same 20 song set (notwithstanding the changes) that it has since the beggining of this tour leg. Even if they are not leaving the stage, the show was always structured as 19 songs with DAAHF as the lone encore. The addition of green eyes and the new song were an added 2nd encore for some shows which has now seemingly been dropped. Mind you, I'm not saying you don't have the right to be mad at Coldplay for suspending the 2nd encore if you feel that way, but I do think it's important to note that they're not playing less songs now than they did the first night of the tour in L.A.



    Well that girl playing would have been awful no matter what. It was cheap, pointless pop/rap and I was suffering thru about 6 or 7 songs of it.

    As for the encore, I understand about all that, I just dont get why they couldnt have just run off stage of Lovers in Japan and back on for DAAHF. It would have been the same number of songs, but it would have been more fun. I just wish theyd humored us.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #165  
    Beautiful World green_eyes11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    185

    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fakfak;2475256
    Comments on Openers and "no encores"

    On Openers:

    "That Santogold chick or whatever her name was...yes she was VERY annoying. I was bopping my head to the music, but I think it was honestly because i am very sleep deprieved and if I didn't otherwise, I would have fell asleep."

    I think the perceived lack of quality of Coldplay's opener's is due to two factors:

    1. They tend to pick acts which differ a great deal in style from their own music, are considerably less mainstream then them, or who are in general not well known. This creates a situation wherwe said opener is not to the taste of a great deal of Coldplay's live audience.

    2. Related to the above, most of these acts don't have a sound that works well in arenas. Personally, I like Santogold, but that music is better played in a smaller space.
    [/I]




    I saw Coldplay on Wednesday in Toronto... Santogold was beyond awful... I had to leave during her set! However, they don't always have bad openers... ie: Last time I saw them in '06 they had Richard Ashcroft and that was effing beyond amazing, imo. There's been a few other good ones in the past, aswell. It's cool that they seem to try and give lesser known people a chance, but yes, it would be nice if they atleast compared in style...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •