Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by butterfliesinjapan;2589342
    My feeble, scrawny legs gave up after running 2 minutes.

Booooooooooooooooooo!

2. Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaahhhh.so rry.i need news from the concert.I'm waiting for my friends to call cause they went
    "So we rode down to the river
    Where Victorian ghosts pray
    For their curses to be broken
    We go wandering 'neath the arches
    Where the witches are and they say
    There are ghost towns in the ocean
    "
    Sponsor and learn about my Ghana and Rwanda volunteer projects! http://long-distances.blogspot.com/

"We're all just working for Will Champion"

Thr Network Fembot butterfliesinjapan's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    stupid pebble tripped me the darkness scared me. It's not exaclty "safe" here
    Green Day
    Toronto
    8-18-2010
    Front row!!!!!!!!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    setlist?
    I'm not yours.
    You're not mine.
    That's just fine.
    Please. Don't. Judge.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Setlist

Life in Technicolour
    Violet Hill
    Clocks
    In My Place
    Speed of Sound
    Cemeteries of London
    Chinese Sleep Chant
    Fix You
    Strawberry Swing
    God Put A Smile Upon Your Face / Talk (Acoustic)
    Hardest Part
    Postcards From Far Away
    Viva La Vida
    Lost
    The Scientist (Acoustic)
    Death Will Never Conquer (Acoustic)
    Viva La Vida (Dance Remix)
    Politik
    Lovers in Japan
    Death And All His Friends

Yellow (Encore)

Start - 8:45pm - End 10:35pm

Videos (complete concert) in the morning after my 5hr drive back to Toronto

A few funny moments (which you'll see in the vids) like Chris saying Oasis forgave Canada for the little 'incident' last month and that the 2 countries have made up. Chris was quite energetic (purposely tumbling from the piano to the ground at times). Crowd really got into it but still frustrating to see lots of people leaving before the final encore. Got tons of butterflies this time. Awesome night... looking forward to some 2009 dates.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    wow.. thanks for the setlist!!!

no glass of water

but still looks great

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    cool!thanks!
    "So we rode down to the river
    Where Victorian ghosts pray
    For their curses to be broken
    We go wandering 'neath the arches
    Where the witches are and they say
    There are ghost towns in the ocean
    "
    Sponsor and learn about my Ghana and Rwanda volunteer projects! http://long-distances.blogspot.com/

"We're all just working for Will Champion"

Thr Network Fembot butterfliesinjapan's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    thanks! 5hr drive from toronto to ottawa? And I was planning on running there?! What was I thinking? Its not that worth it!
    Green Day
    Toronto
    8-18-2010
    Front row!!!!!!!!

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I got the set list from the control board next to the stage. I will try to put the scan of the set list9not too familiar and it may take a while). I have 4 videos ready for Youtube: good pictures but terrible sound (mostly because of the bass). Can't upload on youtube now.

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    OH MY GOD! That was bar none the best Coldplay concert i've been too! Well actually they were all equal. It was just a DAMN amazing concert. From the wind up to Life In Technicolor, to Politik, to The Escapist, to Fix You. I can go on forever.

Oh and I got to shake Chris Martin's hand! I was sitting on the edge on the left side of the floor seats and as they were running up to play Death Will Never Conquer and The Scientist on the side stage I was able to get a quick hand shake!
    http://forum.ottawamazda.ca/image.ph...ine=1210125795

Coldplay Concerts:
    Ottawa- March, 17, 2006
    Ottawa- October, 20, 2008

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    ahh, I am so sad that they didn't play Glass of Water, and that the encore was just yellow. I really, really wanted Don't Panic, but I think the set list was much longer than I thought it was anyway haha. Overall, it was a great concert.

Chris was dancing all over the place, and it was nice that everyone sang along to Fix You.

I didn't take many pictures because I did too much of that the last time they came and ended up missing lots of songs! But i did snatch some decent Jonny pics! I leave you with one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31606307@N04/2959962695/ its a bit grainy, i apologize!

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!
    weeeeeeeeeeeee, and we're off!!!!

Thanks guys

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!
    Coldplay begins tour leg on grand scale in Ottawa

British rockers Coldplay kicked off the North American leg of their world tour at Scotiabank Place last on Monday night, and it sure didn't take long to turn into a joyous singalong as the four band members were caught up in a swell of some 13,000 voices.

By song three, singer Chris Martin had every man, woman and youth in the stadium belting along as he bashed an upright piano. After the processional Life in Technicolour and the rocking Violet Hill, two songs from the latest chart-topping disc, Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, the familiar hook of the 2002 hit Clocks created a surge of energy in the near sold-out audience.

In My Place, another song from the Rush of Blood to the Head disc, had the same effect. With the stage lights up, Martin appeared tickled to see what he and bandmates Jonny Buckland, Will Champion and Guy Berryman had created. He bounced across the stage and down each of the two catwalks, bending backwards as he sang, a limber performer whose body was as supple as his voice.

Loveable and a bit goofy, the sandy-haired Mr. Paltrow never missed a chance to connect with the audience, sometimes even talking in the middle of a song. Precious, he was not.

"We're Coldplay," he said early in the concert, unnecessarily identifying one of the biggest bands in the world. "We really appreciate the fact that all you beautiful Canadians have come out to see a band from miles away. You could have been playing Scrabble or doing homework. We hope to give you some good entertainment."

Indeed they did, delivering a career-spanning set with Martin setting an enthusiastic pace. To demonstrate the diversity of the band's catalogue, highlights ranged from Pink Floydian, as in the dark, mystical Speed of Sound, to Supertrampish, as in the stark piano opening of 42 or Lost, a shape-shifting song that has at least three different versions. On Monday night, it morphed from stark intimacy to a throbbing club beat.

No longer a wallflower who hides behind his piano, Martin has blossomed into the gregarious host of a magnificient event. It was a concert on a grand scale, complete with artful lighting design, a shower of multicoloured confetti and offshoot staging that helped bring the band members closer to the audience. At one point, the four musicians popped up in the upper stands, delighting the people in the nearby rows, and performed a couple of acoustic songs.

For those who were not making an early exit in order to get ahead of the traffic, the ultimate high was a gorgeous rendition of the band's breakthrough song, Yellow, played as an encore, the entire stadium bathed in yellow light.

Opening act Stars showed they have a few things in common with Coldplay, starting with a shared penchant for melodramatic pop music. Fronted by the quirky duo of Torquil Campbell and Amy Millan, the Montreal-based band delivered a strong set, except for the brutal sound and tuning problems. The sound was muddy and the vocals out of tune through most of the songs, but they played well nonetheless, their dark, repetitive songs flowing from a whisper to a frenzied wall of noise.

The Night Starts Here made the perfect opening to the highly anticipated evening. Ageless Beauty was one of the songs that spotlighted Millan's little-girl voice, while Campbell not only traded verses with her in duet fashion, but also supplied falsetto background harmonies and played keyboards, trumpet and other instruments.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/...8-0d18512235f5

If we could float away... Mimixxx's Avatar

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Great review
    M

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast