Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a-chan;2712170
    hhh you're welcome!!!

It's says it's approuved by the band, but in his book, Spivack said also he has the 'green light' from Coldplay...
    But I'm certain that McGinn's book will be way much better and interesting AND really approuved by the boys ^^

Here's a little bit of McGinn's book

(the insert link won't work... .!!It's on my colpdplay.com archive...

I quote then:
    Spoiler

I love the argument part between Chris and Guy about 'Parachutes' XDD

>.< I can't wait to read this!!

Wow! Can't wait to read it!

2. Sponsored Links
    Floating on a tidal wave bubble1's Avatar
    My Country: Bulgaria
    Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    I ordered Viva Coldplay: A Biography by Martin Roach via Internet. I am looking forward to getting it ASAP and starting reading it! Here I found some books for which I didn't know, so thank you ^^

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubble1;5334860
    I ordered Viva Coldplay: A Biography by Martin Roach via Internet. I am looking forward to getting it ASAP and starting reading it! Here I found some books for which I didn't know, so thank you ^^

Has anyone actually finished this one? I just reread Look at the Stars by Phil O'Brien and am wishing there was more out there, I'm so content when I'm reading about Coldplay. I want to know if Viva Coldplay is a worthy addition.
    Coldplay's gonna knock you out!

)

Floating on a tidal wave bubble1's Avatar
    My Country: Bulgaria
    Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittybitty;5347792
    Has anyone actually finished this one? I just reread Look at the Stars by Phil O'Brien and am wishing there was more out there, I'm so content when I'm reading about Coldplay. I want to know if Viva Coldplay is a worthy addition.

Well, I received the book today and I'm still on Chapter 1. There are separate photos of Chris, Johny, Guy and Will that I personally haven't seen. But I think Viva Coldplay is worth reading! I learned much new information from the reading so far!

Fav Album : VLVODAAHF
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittybitty;5347792

I read Nobody Said It Was Easy (same book, they gave the reprint a different title) a while ago so I can't remember all the details but I do remember it was nice to read.
    Luctor et Emergo/not swallowed in the sea

Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11 Rotterdam 17-12-11 London 01-06-12
    London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13 Cologne 25-04-14 London 01-07-14 London 02-07-14

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I went ahead and ordered on Amazon o complete my collection (Roadie, Look At the Stars). I just enjoyed reading Look at the Stars so much, even though I'd already read it!

)

Fav Album : VLVODAAHF
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    There's another Coldplay book, Gary Spivack wrote Look at the Stars, you might find that interesting as well
    Luctor et Emergo/not swallowed in the sea

Rotterdam 03-10-08 Nijmegen 09-09-09 Landgraaf 11-06-11 Arras 03-07-11 London 09-12-11 London 10-12-11 Rotterdam 17-12-11 London 01-06-12
    London 02-06-12 London 04-06-12 Detroit 01-08-12 The Hague 06-09-12 London 19-12-13 Cologne 25-04-14 London 01-07-14 London 02-07-14

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    The reviews on that weren't as good, I think. But I'll see if I still need one more after I am done with this one.

)

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    OK, I'm back and I finished Viva Coldplay. Not sure if anyone is still working on this one.
    I have to say, I was not impressed. It paled in comparison to Phil O Brien's book (it's funny, I didn't realize Phil is female until recently, I've had the book for a long time).
    Anyway, where Look at the Stars is a detailed account of Coldplay, Viva Coldplay is an overly-breezy, journalistic approach to Coldplay. Phil's book in particular, spends much more time on Coldplay's formation. Phil's book also goes deeper into Chris' love life, and Lily Sobhani and Emma Holland are mentioned quite a few times. Viva La Coldplay does not mention Emma at all (probably rightfully so) and Lily is mentioned maybe once.
    The one thing that really irritates me about Viva La Coldplay is, with each album, including Viva La Vida, Martin Roach does a song by song review. The number of times he mentions comparisons to Radiohead and U2 in each song is a little over the top (personally, I'm not someone who hears these two bands in Coldplay songs). He compares Coldplay to Radiohead so much there is an entire chapter on the two bands' similarities.
    Another thing that bothers me in Viva La Vida is the number or errors. Both books go over the some of the same information, not sure who edited the Martin Roach book, but he or she missed quite a few items--Bruce Paltrow is listed as dying in 2001 and not 2002, the film Sylvia is listed as Ted and Sylvia, Jonny is listed as marrying Chloe in 2007, Guy and Joanna are listed as marrying--and divorcing-- somehow both in 2007. There are more errors but I can't remember them now.
    All in all, if you're looking for an insightful journey into Coldplay, read Phil O Brien's book Look at the Stars. I'm sure many of you already have. If you still feel the need to delve into our favorite group, then read Martin Roach's book Viva la Coldplay, but only with a grain of salt.

)

Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I read a Coldplay book, I think it was called Viva Coldplay

It was brilliant, it made me feel deeper into Coldplays music. Reading about their lives, their struggles, their wins, I felt like I was involved in the story, there watching through like a movie of their Coldplay life. 5 stars!
    Best newcomer to coldplaying.com 2012
    Biggest spammer 2012 & MLTSCAIIR 2012
    2nd biggest Coldplay fan (in the world)
    2nd biggest Chris Martin fan 2012

5:2 Hurts Like Heaven Plug_in_coldplaying's Avatar

Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Ive one of the books at home. No idea about the title though. It starts at the very beginning and finishes pre Viva era. It has around 200 pages which I read in less than 3 hours. Amazing book and memories.
    Coldplay live

10 July 2005 Vienna Austria St. Polen Air
    23 September 2008 Budapest Hungary Sports Arena
    24 September 2008 Vienna Austria Wiener Stadthalle
    19 September 2009 London UK Wembley Stadium
    21 February 2012 London UK O2 Arena (Brit Awards)
    16 September 2012 Prague Czech Republic Synot Tip Arena
    19 December 2013 London UK Hammersmith Apollo

13. #72 "Coldplay:Look at the stars" vs. "Roadie" 

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Dear fellow Coldplayers,

I ordered two books from Amazon... "Coldplay: Look at the stars" by Phil O'Brien and "Roadie: My life on the road with Coldplay" by Matt McGinn.
    I am giving one away as a Xmas present to an ex-boyfriend (currently just a good friend) who likes Coldplay, but definitely not as much as I do, but this band connected us on few occasions... and keeping one of the books for myself.

I would like to hear if you guys have read any of these....what do you think? Help me out with some reviews.

Thanks!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I have read all the Coldplay books. DO keep Look at the Stars!
    It is comprehensive, I sometimes re-read bits out of it just for the heck of it. Roadie is Matt's story only, there is little (IMO) of the real goings on of the band.

)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345