Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ColdplayBirdsFly;2510560

AHHH!!!
    I cannot wait for Matt McGinn's "Roadie" book to come out!!!!

Ah, that's cool! Has there already been announced a release date? I guess not?
    07-07-05 Twisted Logic Tour - Gelredome, Arnhem / 05-06-08 Secret Gig - Paradiso, Amsterdam / 02-10-08 Viva La Vida Tour - Ahoy, Rotterdam / 03-10-08 Viva La Vida Tour - Ahoy, Rotterdam / 03-07-09 Rock Werchter - België / 09-09-09 Viva La Vida Tour - Goffertpark, Nijmegen / 10-09-09 Viva La Vida Tour - Goffertpark, Nijmegen / 11-06-11 Pinkpop, Landgraaf / 17-12-11 MX Tour - Ahoy, Rotterdam / 06-09-12 MX Tour - Malieveld, Den Haag / Coming up: 01-07-14 Ghost Stories - Royal Albert Hall, London

2. Sponsored Links
    mr coldplaying himself busybeeburns's Avatar

Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    not yet, but it should be a good read when it comes out!
    The early bird catches the worm. The second mouse gets the cheese!

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!
    last I read, Matt still needs to find a publisher for the book

5. #19 books 

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Ah! So this is where there this thread was moved to....

anyway, I really hope Matt gets a publisher SOON!
    Chris' Mansfield Humor:
    "I don't know what you had to TIVO to be here. Maybe 'Entourage', no that was yesterday. Maybe the O'Reilly factor [laughs, boos]. As you can see we've been on this tour now for over 3 inches of curly hair, and when people start mistaking me for Michael Bolton then we'll come off tour..."
    LOVE TO ELBOW ^_~
    MANSFIELD, MA Replay - Aug. 3 2009 (1st ROW PIT!) H<3RTFORD, CT - May 23, 2009 V BOSTON, MA Replay - Oct. 29. 2008 - Thanks for remembering guys! I BOSTON, MA - Aug. 4, 2008 V MANCHESTER, NH - April 3, 2006 A MANSFIELD, MA - Aug. 6, 2005

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Update on Coldplay Bio Books:
    There's another one to add to the list.

Title: Coldplay
    Author: Alex Hannaford

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Coldplay-Alex-Hannaford/dp/1903906733/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230240140&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Coldplay: Alex Hannaford: Books[/ame]

I got it, but have not read it yet. It has some pretty decent photos, so we'll see.
    Chris' Mansfield Humor:
    "I don't know what you had to TIVO to be here. Maybe 'Entourage', no that was yesterday. Maybe the O'Reilly factor [laughs, boos]. As you can see we've been on this tour now for over 3 inches of curly hair, and when people start mistaking me for Michael Bolton then we'll come off tour..."
    LOVE TO ELBOW ^_~
    MANSFIELD, MA Replay - Aug. 3 2009 (1st ROW PIT!) H<3RTFORD, CT - May 23, 2009 V BOSTON, MA Replay - Oct. 29. 2008 - Thanks for remembering guys! I BOSTON, MA - Aug. 4, 2008 V MANCHESTER, NH - April 3, 2006 A MANSFIELD, MA - Aug. 6, 2005

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jenjie;2708106
    last I read, Matt still needs to find a publisher for the book

He has a publisher : 'anova books' or Portico? (Depends on the source I found, see below). The book will come out on may 1th

All details here ^^

http://www.alapage.com/-/Fiche/Livre...ee_appel=GOOGL

and it's also on Amazon:
    [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roadie-My-Life-Road-Coldplay/dp/1906032653/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230286116&sr=8-13"]Roadie: My Life on the Road with Coldplay: Matt McGinn: Amazon.co.uk: Books[/ame]

Isn't THAT a good news?!!

Paris Bercy - 10/09/2008
    Parc des Princes, Paris - 07/09/09
    Wembley Londres - 19/09/2009
    Main Square Festival Arras - 03/07/2011
    Paris Bercy - 14/12/2011

- Alcoholics! Having difficulty holding a job? Colleagues insensitive to your requirements? Join the road crew of a touring band. You'll love it! - Alex Kapranos
    - "May the koala of tenderness hug you til it's all better” - Gary Lightbody

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    ^ BRILLIANT FIND a-chan!!!
    This is AWESOME news!!!! Yay McGinn!

Lookie at the Description
    It sounds like Paper Gold!

Product Description
    If it's true that behind every great man there is a great woman, then behind every great band, there's a similarly skilled road crew...This book is the backstage 'on the road' account of Matt McGinn's life as a roadie touring with a band at the pinnacle of their success. The book charts the life and duties of a rock and roll roadie for the band Coldplay, who has been with them right from the start of their career (as well as his)."ROADIE" is stuffed with insightful and authoritative rock 'n' roll tour stories about daily roadie duties; the job; the road; the gigs, the band; the relationships; the fame; the failing equipment and the cold beers after a great show - as well as humorous and engaging anecdotes about Matt's relationship with Coldplay as they travel the world and become the biggest band on it.The book will have mass appeal to young musicians and bands as well as the upcoming technical staff who want to read about the duties and life of a roadie for one of the biggest bands in the world. The book also promises a foreword by Chris Martin as well exclusive never-before-seen photography of the band." ROADIE" will be the first, and only, biography and book of the band approved by Coldplay. It is an authoritative, engaging account of a roadie's life and duty to the biggest band in the world. It is an insightful and entertaining look at the rock and roll touring industry. This the first and only book blessed by Coldplay. It includes a foreword by Chris Martin (Coldplay), along with exclusive photography.

About the Author
    Matt is the only full time backline technician employed by the band and the key member of its touring force. He was present during the recording of the last two albums, has circled the globe over a dozen times, and during the last six years, Matt has risen to the top of the roadie ranks. This is his first book.
    Chris' Mansfield Humor:
    LOVE TO ELBOW ^_~

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    héhéhé you're welcome!!!

It's says it's approuved by the band, but in his book, Spivack said also he has the 'green light' from Coldplay...
    But I'm certain that McGinn's book will be way much better and interesting AND really approuved by the boys ^^

Here's a little bit of McGinn's book

(the insert link won't work... è.é!!It's on my colpdplay.com archive...

I quote then:
    Spoiler

I love the argument part between Chris and Guy about 'Parachutes' XDD

>.< I can't wait to read this!!

Paris Bercy - 10/09/2008
    Parc des Princes, Paris - 07/09/09
    Wembley Londres - 19/09/2009
    Main Square Festival Arras - 03/07/2011
    Paris Bercy - 14/12/2011

- Alcoholics! Having difficulty holding a job? Colleagues insensitive to your requirements? Join the road crew of a touring band. You'll love it! - Alex Kapranos
    - "May the koala of tenderness hug you til it's all better” - Gary Lightbody

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    weeeee thanks guys

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    oh, and it was 5th Sept he had no publisher, or maybe the Oracle was trying to hide the clues!!!

http://www.coldplaying.com/index.php...ticle&sid=4824

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I can't wait!!! That "row" between Chris and Guy is a bit like the arguments that get written on the fanfiction thread!

Keeper of Chris's Ambidextrousness, his black scarf and several other yummy items!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    i didn't even know that there are so many books written about Coldplay. Unfortunately, in my country, they don't sell these books. How can I read them? I'm desperate!!!

it's Cold , let's Play Cris84Poland's Avatar

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 5

0 Not allowed!

but unfortunately in Polish language

Guy's teddy berry!! BerrymanGirl1's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a-chan;2712170
    héhéhé you're welcome!!!

It's says it's approuved by the band, but in his book, Spivack said also he has the 'green light' from Coldplay...
    But I'm certain that McGinn's book will be way much better and interesting AND really approuved by the boys ^^

Here's a little bit of McGinn's book

(the insert link won't work... è.é!!It's on my colpdplay.com archive...

I quote then:
    Spoiler

I love the argument part between Chris and Guy about 'Parachutes' XDD

>.< I can't wait to read this!!

so is the first person that speaks Chris??

Biggest Guy Fan 2010 + 2011 (:

Guy Berryman: The Ace of Bass

Dee: Oh my god I'm so hungry I want to eat this planet.

My DeviantArt

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    cool...

Cat Stevens 74 Pictures, Images and Photos

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast