Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's such a perfect day. blackchickintheback's Avatar

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Doing a deut with Prince is a great idea, Snowshine! I LOVE Prince.
    But doing a song with MJ would just creep me out!
    Without you it's a waste of time...
    Jenika

I used to rule the world, seas would rise when I gave the word...

2. Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I think Chris' voice and Prince's voice would sound good together on a song, for some reason. Maybe the falsettos, lol.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...CPing/09iu.jpg
    you set my soul alight
    glaciers melting in the dead of night...

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    :
    Quote:
    anna111^ uhh.... ever heard of THE BEATLES?!?!?!

Of course I've heard of the Beatles! I don't live under a rock... I meant, I don't know much about Paul McCartney's solo work.

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p TraceOddity's Avatar
    Playing the drums very badly, and the bass even worse.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Chris has said 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough' by MJ is one of the 'best songs ever'...of course, he sais that about alot of songs,lol ...but I can almost hear him singing it.
    On the other hand, rumour has it that Sir Paul and Blythe Danner are/were dating...so maybe Chris and Paul could duet at the next family get-together,lol!

Keeper of River Rave, Jonny singing "Don't Panic", The Rat, "Do The Crouch", JONNY'S ATLAS SOLO and "How We See The World"

"That was the day I was almost murdered by a sheep." - Jonny Buckland

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    As if Michael's face has anything to do with his music. Chris apparently likes Michael's music and he's credited Michael as being one of the people that made him want to be what he is.

Who gives a flying f*ck about his face. I've heard more people than I'd like call Chris ugly, too...but that doesn't stop them from admitting Coldplay is really a great band.

Let's grow up please.

Anyway, I'd never say no to any type of collaboration until I've heard it with my own ears. Sometimes complete opposites can make something really beautiful.
    I A M A M U S I C L O V E R <3
    ---------------------------------
    "Coldplay is for people with great taste, intelligence, and incredible good-lookingness."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I certainly would not want to see him duet with a freakshow like that!!!
    You might be a big fish,in a little pond,doesn't mean you have won,cause along may come a bigger one.

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p TraceOddity's Avatar
    Playing the drums very badly, and the bass even worse.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36

0 Not allowed!
    WHat??? People call Chris UGLY???? NNNOOOOOO!!!!! I say we form a linch-mob!!!!

It's too bad about where MJ's career has gone over the last 15 years, but in all fairness, back in the 80s even I liked him...alot of ppl did who wouldn't admit to it now. I don't condone any of the crazy shit he's pulled lately, but admit it, people: Thriller is a good album...even if you don't like it, you have to admit it's well-crafted.

Anyway, I'm off topic...

Keeper of River Rave, Jonny singing "Don't Panic", The Rat, "Do The Crouch", JONNY'S ATLAS SOLO and "How We See The World"

"That was the day I was almost murdered by a sheep." - Jonny Buckland

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TracieMorgan

It's too bad about where MJ's career has gone over the last 15 years, but in all fairness, back in the 80s even I liked him...alot of ppl did who wouldn't admit to it now. I don't condone any of the crazy shit he's pulled lately, but admit it, people: Thriller is a good album...even if you don't like it, you have to admit it's well-crafted.

Anyway, I'm off topic...

Yes, all the time. People diss him quite a bit. I remember reading someone say Paltrow was stupid for leaving Brad Pitt for a ___________, like Chris. I've read that one too many times. It's stupid...and wtf does it have to do with music?

I think people can say what they want about Michael Jackson and his personal life, but as far as his career has gone...nothing he's put out even before Off the Wall or after Thriller has really failed. Not even his last album. People compare everything he does to Thriller, which makes everything seem like a failure when it wasn't. No album will ever sell like that again...not with all these easy way of getting things for free especially.

If Coldplay's next album doesn't sell like X&Y did, I doubt everyone here will start acting like they failed. It's unfair thing to do.

I think they are all great artists. McCartney and Jackson alone have changed pop culture for good.
    I A M A M U S I C L O V E R <3
    ---------------------------------
    "Coldplay is for people with great taste, intelligence, and incredible good-lookingness."

Jonny's personal fluffer Texasluvsjonny's Avatar
    Livin' large in the Friends and Family room!

Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!
    I don't care to see Chris work with a pedo. Macca would be OK, but he's my least fav Beattle.
    Houston-Austin-Dallas-Cleveland-Indy-Alpine Valley-Dallas-ACL Taping-Houston-Dallas-Milwaukee-Today Show-Chicago-Chicago-DC-Philly-Orlando-Ft.Lauderdale-Houston-Dallas-Birmingham-Indy-San Antonio-Dallas-Houston-Alpine Valley-London-London-Mexico City-Mexico City-Guadalajara-Monterrey-Chicago-ACL Taping-Austin-Today Show- L.A.-Dallas-Dallas-Houston-Houston-DC-DC-East Rutherford-Chicago-Chicago-Brooklyn- NYC-NYC...
    Jonny

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Yep i guess he is a peadophile...
    You might be a big fish,in a little pond,doesn't mean you have won,cause along may come a bigger one.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Chris has said 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough' by MJ is one of the 'best songs ever'...of course, he sais that about alot of songs,lol ...but I can almost hear him singing it.
    On the other hand, rumour has it that Sir Paul and Blythe Danner are/were dating...so maybe Chris and Paul could duet at the next family get-together,lol!

Or at the next divorce party??

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:

True - The Wall and Thriller were both great albums, but Wacko hasn't got close to reproducing that kind of quality since. I think the success went to his head somehow.
    He started trying to be a "rock star" and then all those freaky things began to happen. He just completely lost touch with reality, which is a shame, but an indisputable fact!!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nevaehdreamz
    Yes, all the time. People diss him quite a bit. I remember reading someone say Paltrow was stupid for leaving Brad Pitt for a ___________, like Chris. I've read that one too many times. It's stupid...and wtf does it have to do with music?

I think people can say what they want about Michael Jackson and his personal life, but as far as his career has gone...nothing he's put out even before Off the Wall or after Thriller has really failed. Not even his last album.

Not true. His last album "Invincible" flopped big time, and sucked hugely. It ended up in the "bargain bucket" section in double-quick time. And prior to that his albums had been getting more and more "MOR" and self-obsessed. He also started concentrating far too much on the "show" and not enough on the music.
    I saw him in concert once and it was more like a circus then a music event. It was a huge disappointment.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nevaehdreamz
    I think they are all great artists. McCartney and Jackson alone have changed pop culture for good.

So has Elton John - but HE hasn't created anything good for years, either. It's as if all the energy has been sucked out of him.

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    i don't want to argue with anyone.But want to say some things.
    why we should care about ones personal lifes.It is completely private.There is nothing for it to do with the public life.And it is not right to diss some one comparing the things with the ones which have nothing to do with the meaningful ones.Public life like music shouldn't be compared with personal life.
    It's odd. And again dissing music comparing with personal life problems uhh......

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pallavi
    i don't want to argue with anyone.But want to say some things.
    why we should care about ones personal lifes.It is completely private.There is nothing for it to do with the public life.And it is not right to diss some one comparing the things with the ones which have nothing to do with the meaningful ones.Public life like music shouldn't be compared with personal life.
    It's odd. And again dissing music comparing with personal life problems uhh......

I would be able to excuse Wacko's "freakiness" if it wasn't for the fact the quality of his music has deteriorated so much over the years...............................

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast