1. #1 G4 cover Coldplay's 'Yellow' at Pop2ThePark 
    mr coldplaying himself busybeeburns's Avatar

Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

THOUSANDS of people crowded into Bitts Park in Carlisle yesterday for pop2thepark headlined by the Sugababes and G4.

The crowd cheered, danced and partied away to the support bands before the main stars came on stage after 4pm.

Local band Giant Loop of Sound got the crowd in the mood followed by Whitehaven band Mazzoni.

Girl band Trinity Stone flew up from Gatwick to Newcastle and then travelled across by car to Carlisle to take part.

The three-piece harmony group said it was their first visit to Carlisle and they had enjoyed the performance.

“Once you get on stage it doesn’t matter if it’s raining – it’s all worth it in the end and it’s great to be in Carlisle,” said band member Azi.

But it was new band Switch 22 – describing themselves as the super heroes of pop – who won the hearts of the audience after posing for pictures and signing autographs.

The two male band members Stefan and Swany – played a mix of classic rave, electro hip and cheesy pop.

Switch 22 mixed backstage with other groups including Carlisle’s very own Roxanne Pallett.

Roxanne, 23, who is currently playing the part of Jo Stiles in Emmerdale, was eager to sing at the event following her success on ITV’s Soapstar Superstar show in January.

She started her set with Hot Stuff and was flanked by four dancers from Carlisle.

Roxanne said: “It’s such a treat for me to be back in Carlisle. They always say there’s no place like home.

“I love coming back. I am a Carlisle girl and I went to Trinity School and I’d like to thank everyone for voting for me in Soapstar Superstar earlier this year.

Roxanne went on to sing Lucie Silvas What You’re Made Of and then Cher’s Love and Understanding.

She was then joined on stage by Tom Tyson from the Music Factory in Egremont where she sang an acoustic version of Carole King’s You’ve Got A Friend.

The band Frank, who releases their debut single I’m Not Shy today, hot footed it up from London.

Drummer Hayley Angel Wardle said: “We were driving up through the Lake District and it was so green and lovely.

“I live in a very urban part of London so it’s nice to come somewhere different like Carlisle.

“I play the drums standing up and I sing too so we’re a bit different. We’re hoping our new single will go straight into the top 20 in the charts.”

Ex-Busted singer James Bourne appeared to win the hearts of some of the teenagers on the front row as they screamed and cheered when he appeared with new band Son of Dork.

“It’s an amazing day for a gig,” he said as he jumped around with his guitar.

Next up was G4 who played Carlisle’s Sands Centre last year.

Sporting jeans and black shirts the classic quartet burst into Elton John’s song Circle of Life.

They also played Coldplay’s Yellow, and Frank Sinatra’s My Way and Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody.

The men, who shot to fame after coming second on the X-Factor, said: “It’s great to be back in Carlisle and we love having the opportunity to perform live.”

But it was the Sugababes who everyone was waiting for and when Keisha, Amelle and Heidi came on stage they received the biggest cheers of the day.

The former Brit award winning girls burst into Freak Like Me followed by Round Round and later top hits Push The Button and Hole In The Head.

Gill Burns of Carlisle City Council said: “It was wet but you can’t book the weather unfortunately.

“About 4,000 people braved the elements and we’d like to thank them for coming along and supporting the event.

“It’s like a mini Glastonbury for us and everything logistically went to plan. A lot of organisation goes into an event like this and I’d like to thank everyone involved.

“This is the third year for pop2thepark and it was a three year plan so we’ll review the situation and then decide if we’ll do another one next year. I’d like to think that we will.”

The police reported no trouble at the event.

First Aid staff said a few girls fainted and had to be pulled from the crowd.

The show was funded and organised by Carlisle City Council, in partnership with the News & Star, CFM, Carlisle Leisure Limited and sponsored by Cumbria County Council, Stobarts and Kingmoor Park.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2 Giant Loop of Sound 
    Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    We managed to have a chat with the lads from G4 and there's a pic on our website to prove it!!

http://www.giantloopofsound.com/gall...y/flashgal.htm

Fav Album : X&Y
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!
    G4 still going?

Damn my evil plan failed

And the tears come streaming down your face
    When you lose something you can't replace
    When you love someone, but it goes to waste
    Could it be worse?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    g4 should have won! you cant beat a bit of opera on a saturday night! can you?? no!
    *AmY N SoPh N BlUe*
    *i have a dusty key board**

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    G "Bore" should leave Coldplay material well alone.........................