Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Coldplayer

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Last night's concert was great, everything from the first song to the last was great. I was in the 16th row and I couldn't believe how close I was! "Talk" and "Yellow" were two of my favorites. This was my first and hopefully not last Coldplay concert. The only downsides to the night were that I got a flat tire two blocks from the HP Pavillion and 4 drunken women had to be seated in front of me. All they kept on doing was getting out of line, shouting and saying "I love this song!!" I almost got into a fight with one of them too.

IneedYou23: Nice recap. I was at last night's show too. I loved it! I'm still raving about it today. I was in the 16th row too, were you in column 3?

I couldn't believe Chris mentioned the Bee Gees because, as a joke, I played "Stayin' Alive" on the drive up. Pure coincidence.

2. #17 concert 
    Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I went to all three shows the last few nights and I am exhausted! But I had a great time. I am trying to figure out which show I liked best. The Oakland and San Jose were very similar to me... but I was closer at Oakland and felt the crowd was more into it (or maybe it was because I was closer) but I wasn't THAT much closer. The people around me at the SJ show kept sitting down and they didn't seem that into it... they even left early (right before FIX YOU!) which was a real tragedy to me. That was my fav. part with the light... so damn good. I also really liked the tribute to jouhnny cash bit.... everything was awesome. My only wish is that they would change the set list around a little bit more. After seeing three shows... you really do see just HOW choreographed everything is... even down to when Chris gets on the floor or leans back on his head when sitting at the piano. I don't mind that, but wish there was a wee bit more variety from show to show. Not a lot... just a little. I would think it would make it more interesting for them also. I like it when Chris talks. In Sac, he said he looked like Napoleon Dynomite and then the Barry Gibb reference last night.

Well.. that is it... I love them and am sad they are gone I have seen them many many times... first show I saw was about 5? years ago? maybe 6? I don't remember... but they have improved live wise SO much and I think they are the greatest.... can't wait to see them again.

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I went and it was awesome- as usual. The set list was great- I love Colplay...period. Who cares what songs they play we get to hear them live!!!!! It was hillarious when they would randomly bust out in Bee Gee's songs. What more can I say it was Coldplay!
    Come up to meet you, Tell you Iím sorry, You donít know how lovely you are
    I had to find you, Tell you I need you, Tell you I set you apart
    Tell me your secrets, And ask me your questions, Aww letís go back to the start

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    andthesunshines:Yea i was in row 16 column 3 too!I was with my friend we were in seats 13 and 14 the last 2 on the edge.The side right where chris ran by on his way into the crowd.Where were you?
    \"Ya know we\'re not talking about pimps and hoes on the streets of Compton,ya know what I mean?\"-Will Champion

"Get a copy of High Speed please."-Will Champion

"Ahh thats a cracker"-Chris Martin

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/alew24/cca.jpg

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    How many people do you think were there? The HP seems huge.
    -Sher- SQUAREONE ICONS FRIEND ME FRIEND ME!+livejournal last.fm

August 19th at the Shoreline = best first concert ever, yo.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    you know what i miss the most since they published x&y and started the tour?
    the fact that they don't play any more bits of future songs, like amsterdam on a gig in 2001! :/
    this will be on my videotape
    Currently: Nutz and sad.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dajrekshn
    you know what i miss the most since they published x&y and started the tour?
    the fact that they don't play any more bits of future songs, like amsterdam on a gig in 2001! :/

Me too!! Often the early version of songs sound the best, even. The early 2001 version of GPASUYF is so incredibly mind-blowing. I love it to itty-bitty bits. It would be so crazy if they played material that is on the works.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    ^Oh yeah! Interesting point, i hadnt thought about that! :/

beyond the dying light lunar1126's Avatar

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the reviews everyone. Sounded like great shows! That's funny about the Bee Gees bits. At least they throw in small silly things like that to keep things a little interesting, right? Small blessings, small blessings.

Coldplayer

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    IneedYou23: Awesome! Now I wish I had been on that side haha. I was at the opposite end with my friend in seats 1 and 2. I had a pretty good view from where I was sitting.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coldplay_steph
    ^Oh yeah! Interesting point, i hadnt thought about that! :/

yeah..it looked all so natural..beautiful..no for real..i really liked that, now it looks superficial comparing to those times.. :/
    this will be on my videotape
    Currently: Nutz and sad.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I was at this show, and I went to the Arco Arena show in Sacramento, and I gotta say, the crowd in San jose was amazing. They reallly got into the show, which I think the band can sense and really feed off that energy too. I enjoyed the bee gees comments and singing it sounded really funny... And the comment about the hot girls in CA was so funny because right after he said it, he was like, man Im gonna get myself into trouble or osmething. And then he went, now don't go talking to the papers now lol Im just saying, if you are in a band, you are set.... lol He was hilarious.....

I must say, Coldplay gets better with each time!

And they did play Dont panic acoustic, which sounded so good.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I was at the show too and it was amazing!!!!
    Jonny threw his camera to me and it was amazing to see the shots he took of the crowd and the two backstage. I'm glad all of you had a wonderful time too.
    Be a light unto yourself.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    you caught the camera???

LUCKY...I envy you

any way you can get these on here?

i'd greatly appreciate it!

thanks

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Is there a photo section here or do I just post them in this post?
    I don't see a photo section on the forum list..
    Be a light unto yourself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast