Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Corkus;4062536
    Just got back from the show at the Hollywood Palladium. I had a great time and so did my friend. I'll give a review and post a bunch of pictures tomorrow, but in the meantime, here's a teaser in the form of a demonic Emily during Monster Hospital:

Can't wait to see the pics!

2. Sponsored Links
    Pretentious Tool

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
    All right, here goes...

We got their nice and early to secure a spot in the second row, so we were essentially breathing on the band, even though the barrier between the floor and the stage was unusually large to let all the press people through (you'll see their heads in my pictures). Anyway, the opening acts were Nico Vega and Codeine Velvet Club. While I didn't care for Nico Vega's music, I can only admit that they were entertaining in their act in how bloody over-the-top insane they were. I liked Codeine Velvet Club a bit better for their music, although they kept it pretty simple.

Oh, but I know you only care about Metric, right? And so they came on and the crowd went bonkers. Oddly enough, the first several rows were pretty tame during the concert, but occasionally I would look back and see the entire middle section jumping for joy. The band played every song off Fantasies except for "Blindness", if I recall, plus their usual older hits. Best song of the night? I'm actually gonna give it to "Empty", which surprises even myself. It was extended into what felt like a 10-minute epic with plenty of sing-alongs from the crowd.

"Monster Hospital" was notable for the fact that the floor suddenly turned into a huge mosh pit as everyone started moshing like crazy (I'm not a big mosher, but I went with the flow. "Mosher Hospital"? Nah, bad pun.) Emily didn't talk much during the night, but she's nothing short of entertaining on stage. Other highlights of the night included "Sick Muse" and "Dead Disco", the very frequent shouts of "I LOVE YOU EMILY", and the mass sing-along that was an acoustic "Combat Baby".

Pics, you say? Ask and you shall receive! I must apologize sincerely for the lack of the other band members in my pics, however. The way I feel about Emily Haines is the way some girls on this forum feel about Coldplay members, except with less disgusting imagery and possibly more of a life. Also, consider these pics the cream of the crop, given that a lot of my pics were either blurry or of the head of the tall dude in front of me. Here's the pics at any rate (resized down to like 25%...seriously):

Spoiler

My Country: United States
    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Corkus;4062977
    All right, here goes...

We got their nice and early to secure a spot in the second row, so we were essentially breathing on the band, even though the barrier between the floor and the stage was unusually large to let all the press people through (you'll see their heads in my pictures). Anyway, the opening acts were Nico Vega and Codeine Velvet Club. While I didn't care for Nico Vega's music, I can only admit that they were entertaining in their act in how bloody over-the-top insane they were. I liked Codeine Velvet Club a bit better for their music, although they kept it pretty simple.

Oh, but I know you only care about Metric, right? And so they came on and the crowd went bonkers. Oddly enough, the first several rows were pretty tame during the concert, but occasionally I would look back and see the entire middle section jumping for joy. The band played every song off Fantasies except for "Blindness", if I recall, plus their usual older hits. Best song of the night? I'm actually gonna give it to "Empty", which surprises even myself. It was extended into what felt like a 10-minute epic with plenty of sing-alongs from the crowd.

"Monster Hospital" was notable for the fact that the floor suddenly turned into a huge mosh pit as everyone started moshing like crazy (I'm not a big mosher, but I went with the flow. "Mosher Hospital"? Nah, bad pun.) Emily didn't talk much during the night, but she's nothing short of entertaining on stage. Other highlights of the night included "Sick Muse" and "Dead Disco", the very frequent shouts of "I LOVE YOU EMILY", and the mass sing-along that was an acoustic "Combat Baby".

Pics, you say? Ask and you shall receive! I must apologize sincerely for the lack of the other band members in my pics, however. The way I feel about Emily Haines is the way some girls on this forum feel about Coldplay members, except with less disgusting imagery and possibly more of a life. Also, consider these pics the cream of the crop, given that a lot of my pics were either blurry or of the head of the tall dude in front of me. Here's the pics at any rate (resized down to like 25%...seriously):

Spoiler

Sounds like an amazing concert!
    You got plenty of great pictures there! I love Emily's dress
    Love is an open book to a verse of your bad poetry.
    And this is coming from me.

Banned

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Great pics! Looks like somebody got a little too much sun

Banned

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Corkus;4062977
    The way I feel about Emily Haines is the way some girls on this forum feel about Coldplay members, except with less disgusting imagery and possibly more of a life.

That is going into my sig.

Pretentious Tool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Honored.

Banned

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Pretentious Tool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Succexy pics
    Hope you had a great time!

My Country: United States
    Fav Album : AROBTTH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
    The pictures look great!
    Love is an open book to a verse of your bad poetry.
    And this is coming from me.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I love what she's wearing.

Banned

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    She is just so awesome. I'm keeping my fanboy excitement to a minimum. But yes, I thuroughly enjoyed last night.

Banned

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Pretentious Tool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Lovely review!
    I should read people's blogs more.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I just recently got into them (yesterday)
    via Marie (MariePeter18)

Fantasies is so epically legit & I wanna hear MOAR... what album should i tackle next?
    If I could crawl inside your heart and build a fire, would you let me?

mi cara / / music / flickr

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast