Originally Posted by *Sarah*;4826636
Am I missing something or is this really UK only?
iTunes Festival London 2011 Ticket Promotion
Official Terms & Conditions
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. Prize. The iTunes Festival London 2011 Ticket Promotion (the “Promotion”), sponsored by Apple (UK) Limited (“Promoter”), is a prize draw in which each winning entrant will receive two (2) tickets to a concert forming part of the iTunes Festival London 2011, taking place at the Roundhouse, 100 Chalk Farm Road, Camden, London NW1 8EH, United Kingdom, on a date selected at the point of entry (the “Prize”). This Promotion applies to both Main Space events and Studio Sessions events, so please note the terms specific to the relevant event. A ticket to a Main Space event will not permit access to the Studio Sessions event on the same day. However, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, allow winners of tickets to a Studio Sessions event to attend the Main Space event on the same day. Each prize draw will run from the date the concert appears on the www.itunesfestival.com
web site until seven (7) days before the concert in question, or, in the event of circumstances beyond Promoter’s reasonable control, such extended period as is later announced by Promoter (“Promotion Period”). Each Prize shall be comprised of two (2) tickets, which shall be non-transferable, and not for resale, only. 160 Prizes shall be available for each Main Space event, and 7 Prizes shall be available for each Studio Sessions event. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, increase the number of Prizes for any event. The cost of transportation and accommodation (if necessary) shall not be the responsibility of the Promoter. The Promoter makes no warranty with respect to the appearance of the artists specified on www.itunesfestival.com
at the iTunes Festival London 2011. The management of the Roundhouse reserves the right to refuse admission. How to Enter. Enter your full name, county, e-mail address, and if you want to receive a mobile ticket, your mobile phone number, as indicated at www.itunesfestival.com
. Please note that the mobile ticket option is only available if your phone can receive messages via MMS. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per concert during the Promotion Period. Only entries received by Promoter during the Promotion Period for the concert in question will be accepted.
3. Eligibility. In order to be eligible, entrants must be 14 years of age or older at the time of entry, a resident of the United Kingdom, and must have a valid e-mail address. If you are under 18 years of age, but at least 14 years of age, you must obtain your parent or guardian’s express prior approval to enter.
By entering, you represent that you have obtained such consent. Entries are limited to individual consumers only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents of Promoter, its subsidiaries, affiliates, resellers, or advertising or promotional agencies and members of their immediate families (defined as children, parents, siblings or spouses) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Each entrant may only win one (1) pair of tickets per date of the iTunes Festival London 2011. Entries via Website. The authorised holder of the e-mail address submitted upon entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. Mechanically generated entries will be discarded and may result in total and permanent disqualification from the Promotion, and all other promotions accessible via the www.itunesfestival.com
4. How You Win. The winners of the Prizes will be decided by a series of random, computer-generated selections from the entries received during the relevant Promotion Period. From May 2011 until the end of the relevant Promotion Period, once per fortnight, an equal number of winners will be drawn from the pool of entries so far received for that Prize at that date (i.e. if this were a 10 week promotion for 100 prizes, 20 winners would be drawn per fortnight). However, if the number of Prizes is increased at any point during the Promotion Period, the number of winners drawn per fortnight will be increased accordingly from that point. Entries which are not selected will remain in the pool, and will be included in the draw for the same Prize the following fortnight. The final draw will take place no later than the day after the end of the Promotion Period for the concert in question (although this final selection date may be modified by an announcement by the Promoter on the Website). Previous winners of tickets for any given date of the iTunes Festival London 2011 shall be disqualified in the event that such persons are identified by the random, computer-generated selection. Decisions of Promoter relating to the drawing and all matters relating to this Promotion will be final and binding. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Notification. Promoter will notify each winner that he or she has won a Prize within a reasonable period after the draw, but in any event no more than four (4) days after the end of the Promotion Period. Notifications and other communications regarding Prizes will be sent by email to the email address provided on the entry form, and also by SMS sent to the mobile number provided on the entry form if applicable. Winners must respond to the email notification they receive, confirming acceptance of the Prize, within seventy-two (72) hours of receipt. Winners who fail to confirm acceptance will forfeit their Prize. Entrants who have not won a Prize will not receive notification of the same. Promoter is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive e-mail accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith, or the potential winner’s failure to adequately monitor any e-mail address. Entrants should ensure that their e-mail account spam filters are set to permit e-mails from email@example.com
to be delivered. Individuals may request the name and county of the winners of the Prizes by submitting a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and specifying the date of the iTunes Festival London 2011 event about which you are inquiring, before 30 August 2011 to: iTunes Festival London 2011 Ticket Promotion, 1 Hanover Street, London W1S 1YZ, United Kingdom. By participating, you agree to Promoter providing your name and the county of your residence in response to such requests. The Prize must be claimed by the winner, upon presentation of photographic identification, at the reception of the Roundhouse, 100 Chalk Farm Road, Camden, London, NW1 8EH, at a time to be communicated to winners prior to the date of the concert in question.
6. Publicity Release. The winner of the Prize hereby consents to (i) being interviewed about the Promotion, Promoter or any products or services of Promoter or its affiliates; (ii) use of his or her name, likeness and any statements, quotes or testimonials for publicity, advertising and other promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law; and (iii) being recorded and filmed and having his or her voice and likeness used in recordings and films for commercial purposes on a worldwide basis.
7. Taxes. All taxes associated with the receipt or use of any Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Promoter reserves the right to withhold any taxes as required by applicable law. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions (including for cash) are permitted, but Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value to any Prize if for any reason any Prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these rules.
8. Conditions of Participation. By submitting an entry for this Promotion, you agree to abide by these rules and any decision Promoter makes regarding this Promotion. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion, and any future contest or other promotion conducted by Promoter, and to take such other action as may be appropriate, against any entrant or winner who, in Promoter’s reasonable opinion, tampers with the entry process, intentionally submits mechanical entries, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
9. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. PROMOTER MAKES AND GIVES NO REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE OR ANY ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. PROMOTER SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM THE DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION, OR FROM ANY OCCURRENCE, EVENT OR CONDITION OUTSIDE PROMOTER’S REASONABLE CONTROL THAT MAY AFFECT THE PROMOTION OR CAUSE THE PROMOTION TO BE DISRUPTED, SUSPENDED OR CORRUPTED, INCLUDING
I) LATE, LOST, DELAYED, DAMAGED, MISDIRECTED, INCOMPLETE, OR UNINTELLIGIBLE ENTRIES; (II) TELEPHONE, ELECTRONIC, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PROGRAM, NETWORK, INTERNET, OR COMPUTER MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES, VIRUSES OR DIFFICULTIES OF ANY KIND; AND (III) FAILED, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER OR TELEPHONE TRANSMISSIONS. PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE OCCURRENCE, EVENT OR CONDITION ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION.
10. Release. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTER AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH
I) ENTERING THE PROMOTION; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROMOTION. NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS EXCLUDES OR RESTRICTS THE LIABILITY OF PROMOTER FOR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION, OR FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE.
which allows you to easily change contact preferences by going to http://www.apple.com/contact/myinfo
12. Governing Law. These Official Terms and Conditions and this Promotion are governed by and controlled by English law. This Promotion is subject to all applicable laws. Void where prohibited.
13. Promoter. The Promoter of this Promotion is Apple (UK) Limited. All questions regarding this Promotion should be directed by mail to iTunes Festival London 2011 Promotion, 1 Hanover Street, London W1S 1YZ, United Kingdom.