PDA

View Full Version : 19-Sep-2009: Wembley Stadium, London - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Girls Aloud were absolutely awful. Marilyn Manson would have revved up the crowd better than they did.

Good point. But we still had fun taking the p*ss all the same!!:lol:

Lolly Pop
20-09-2009, 12:28 PM
How on earth is that possible??:confused:
Have you been to Specsavers recently?:P

I take it you guys were at the front?! :P

I was in the middle then moved to the back then moved right next to the other stage.

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 12:32 PM
I take it you guys were at the front?! :P

Of course.:smug::P

I was in the middle then moved to the back then moved right next to the other stage.

Which stage?? B or C?:confused:

cafc4eva
20-09-2009, 12:34 PM
3 words...

best.gig.ever

Lolly Pop
20-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Of course.:smug::P

Which stage?? B or C?:confused:

The one they moved to half way through.In the middle of the crowd

Lolly Pop
20-09-2009, 12:47 PM
right.here are my photos.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=315857&id=757640373&l=5f5cb177e3

KeesOetAssen
20-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Coldplay: The South Bank Show

Today on ITV1 London from 10:15pm to 11:15pm

Melvyn Bragg presents an intimate portrait of Coldplay, one of the biggest selling bands in the world. The film follows them for six months as they tour Japan, and record their new Brian Eno-produced album, taking in the Brits, the Grammys and the massive Warchild concert along the way. Melvyn talks in depth to the band members, and the film crew goes to the group's original student flat in Camden, and the nearby Dublin Castle where they played their first gig. With contributions from DJ Steve Lamacq and U2's Bono. SUB

KeesOetAssen
20-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Can somebody in the UK capture that video tonight . It's blocked for not UK viewers on the Internet

Thanks, Kees

Tonsu
20-09-2009, 12:54 PM
^ Kees, there's another thread about that topic.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57439

bello-lo
20-09-2009, 01:00 PM
YouTube - Coldplay and Jay Z Lost Wembley Stadium 19/9/09

dumper507
20-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Does anyone know if there is going to be a dvd released and if so when it was filmed?

Lolly Pop
20-09-2009, 01:10 PM
right I'm to buy some glue and card to start sticking my butterflies and ticket to my frame.It's quite sad really but it makes a pretty picture to hang on my wall . :P

coldplay_is_louve.
20-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Wow!

I read every single review, and it sounded like an epic, crazy, emotional show. Glad everyone had a great time! :heart:!!!

Noémie
20-09-2009, 01:15 PM
-Soo-

Thanks for your review Soo! :) :)

So no special comments from Chris yesterday?
I thought he'd say something special or make a speech or something for their last concert...

Noémie
20-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know if there is going to be a dvd released and if so when it was filmed?

There will probably be one.
It might be a mix of different concerts.
But we're waiting for the official website to announce it...

marie/pims
20-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Does anyone have a video of that hug?

oh that would be GREAT!!!

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 01:24 PM
3 words...

best.gig.ever

I wouldn't go that far.
Of the four UK Coldplay shows I've seen (the others being Earl's Court in 2005 and two at the 02 last December) it was definitely the best. The atmosphere at the front (surrounded by fellow Coldplayers) was incredible, and the camaraderie both before, during and after the show was incredible.
The collective singing along to "Viva La Vida" and "Violet Hill" was amazing.
It was a bit like being at a top football match where you are able to stand (unfortunately pretty much impossible in the UK now) but ten times better.:D
I certainly don't think I've experienced anything like that before, although the O2 gigs were excellent for that too (on a smaller level).
However, I thought both the shows I saw in Duesseldorf and Cologne last year were better (and more unique) in terms of quality and in terms of the interaction between Chris and the crowd.
I know some who were at the Paris gig thought the same about that too.
Saying that, I was impressed with the new Wembley Stadium and I would be more than happy to attend another concert there one day.
I also had a fantastic time visiting the London Coldplay sights with a few of the other Coldplayers on Friday.
As far as Coldplay concerts are concerned, the interaction with fellow Coldplayers has become every bit as important as the shows themselves, perhaps even more so.

Incidentally, for the record, I thought White Lies were pretty good, Girls Aloud were a joke and Jay-Z did a good job at warming up the crowd, even though I didn't like his entire set.
It was also a show highlight when Jay-Z came on-stage to perform "Lost".;)

mingymoo
20-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Here are some grainy videos from Friday and Saturday.

I was standing on Friday and sitting in the clouds on Saturday (where the mobile Mexican wave started!)

YouTube - Coldplay - Blue Danube Waltz/Life in Techicolour

YouTube - Coldplay - Glass of Water

YouTube - Coldplay - Mobile phone Mexican wave / Billie Jean

YouTube - Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon My Face / Talk

TickingClock
20-09-2009, 01:28 PM
YouTube - Coldplay and Jay Z Lost Wembley Stadium 19/9/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rqp1vbgEew)Did Chris fall or was he just lieing down? :thinking:

katja
20-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the vids!!!

bello-lo
20-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Did Chris fall or was he just lieing down? :thinking:

haha I not sure one minute he was next he wasn't, I presume he fake fainted as though omg its Jay Z kind of thing.

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 01:59 PM
haha I not sure one minute he was next he wasn't, I presume he fake fainted as though omg its Jay Z kind of thing.

In that case he should have got a "yellow" card for diving!!:lol:

suzy66
20-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Can't believe its all over :-))) I managed to catch the show 3 times in the last year (once in Barcelona and twice in Dublin) Brilliant stuff as usual from the boys. In fairness, they need a good break now and from the photos from last night you can really see the tiredness in Chris's face and I'm sure they're all looking forward to getting to know their loved ones, kids, normal life again! Well done, Coldplay, and thank you!! At least we have the South Bank Show to look forward to tonight too :-)))))

chronic777
20-09-2009, 02:02 PM
last night was incredible, chris' voice was perfect!

hes so humble, i ddint see a flash of arrogance on his face as thousands of peopel cheered for him...

lafferty23
20-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Can't believe its all over :-))) I managed to catch the show 3 times in the last year (once in Barcelona and twice in Dublin) Brilliant stuff as usual from the boys. In fairness, they need a good break now and from the photos from last night you can really see the tiredness in Chris's face and I'm sure they're all looking forward to getting to know their loved ones, kids, normal life again! Well done, Coldplay, and thank you!! At least we have the South Bank Show to look forward to tonight too :-)))))

Yep, South Bank show will be good togradually put us into our end of tour depression! I'm so happy I was at Coldplay on Friday but I'm so sad its over at the same time!

I better get back to recording some demo's with my band. We have to finish our first album by christmas....

COLDPLAY. THANK YOU FOR AN INCREDIBLE SHOW. SEE YOU SOON!

bello-lo
20-09-2009, 02:15 PM
In that case he should have got a "yellow" card for diving!!:lol:

haha yeah he'd making a shocking footballer, always diving :rolleyes:

more videos here

http://www.youtube.com/user/tinkalou

still uploading Viva

mingymoo
20-09-2009, 02:21 PM
One more video....

YouTube - Coldplay - Yellow

Dorsetbay
20-09-2009, 02:31 PM
We were in the front row of the unreserved seating and close to the B-Stage - hope you like our videos... :)

God Put A Smile Upon My Face
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl0f1npINqQ

Talk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEppvPU1Qlw

The Hardest Part, then Postcards From Far Away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb0GKuFeP9c

Dorsetbay
20-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Here's our last Wembley video - my personal favourite - and now I'm off to get some sleep before I spend the evening enjoying everyone elses photos, recollections, reviews, and videos (with a glass or three of Fitou :cool:)

Viva La Vida + the Choirs of Wembley, London.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ4C2CMj1NQ

Stefan8
20-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Was this show filmed too?

lafferty23
20-09-2009, 02:48 PM
the hardest part was just such a beautiful part of the concert!

technicolor_love78
20-09-2009, 02:54 PM
thanks everyone for posting your amazing reviews, pics, videos, experiences, etc. It def. made me feel like I was there for the last show of the Viva era...such a bittersweet feeling! :cry::smiley: And the final bow/goodbye pics sum it all up :wacky::heart: I need more of it :D

marie/pims
20-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Fantastic videos!

svenky
20-09-2009, 03:06 PM
waouh !!! great vidéo !! thank you

lafferty23
20-09-2009, 03:26 PM
"At their 20 and 21 June 2009, shows in Vancouver, British Columbia, coldplay announced that they had chosen the Vancouver shows to film concert footage, the only shows on the tour that would be recorded to create a concert film"

just to reming you guys about that! DVD here we come!

katja
20-09-2009, 03:31 PM
:dance:

Noémie
20-09-2009, 03:31 PM
We were in the front row of the unreserved seating and close to the B-Stage - hope you like our videos... :)

Talk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEppvPU1Qlw

Thanks for the videos!

Who are those people that we see walking in and out of the stadium exit (and leaving??) during God put a smile and Talk?!? :inquisitive:

Chris' biggest fear...

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the videos!

Who are those people that we see walking in and out of the stadium exit (and leaving??) during God put a smile and Talk?!? :inquisitive:

"Casual" Coldplay fans.;)

Noémie
20-09-2009, 04:11 PM
"Casual" Coldplay fans.;)

:dozey:

bello-lo
20-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Viva done

YouTube - Coldplay Viva La Vida Wembley Stadium 19/9/09

milesahead89
20-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Ok. Amazing show. I was about 12 rows back and it was just simply incredible. The crowd was fantastic. Full review coming soon.

Anybody know if the concert was recorded by anybody? I'd love to have it in my iTunes.

Dorsetbay
20-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Nice Viva!

I love the audience reaction when Chris scampers down the ramp shouting "Here comes the choir of London! The Choir! The Choir!" at 02:50

Viva done

YouTube - Coldplay Viva La Vida Wembley Stadium 19/9/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYoJ18Pikko)

johkujii
20-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Okayss I'm back in Finland! I'm totally exhausted, I've slept alltogether like 8 hours during the last two nights, but still extremely happy! :D

So I met Linda (lindam) at Victoria at around 5am and we headed for Wembley! We totally tought that there would've been long queues allready when we got there at around 6.30 and we also thought there would be only two queues, so we were kind of shocked when we got there and there was almost no one there! Thank god there was Mariana, Zemy and Chelsea there to help us and we joined them on the H&J queue after wondering for a bit. Queueing was so fun! I met a lot of colplaying people and they were all really nice and ofc so exited! The queues were suprisingly short for a long time!
Anyways before we got in it was SO HOT outside! The sun was shining like crazy and I had to put my viva jacket and scarf on too so that I'd get through the bag check faster..It was so crazy right before we got in! we were let closer to the H gate and people were pushing like crazy! Then one of the guards screamed something like "READY SET GO!!" and we ran for our lives! Me and Linda got through the gates and the bag check like REALLY fast and then we started running down the stairs with me screaming to the girl in front of us to go faster and Linda running with her broken leg.. :D Well I got FRONT ROW!!! SERIOUSLY!! I never even dreamed I'd get there at Wembley! and there were some girls next to me in the front row who were there just to see Jay-Z and when Jay-Z was done, they gave their places to Linda and some other coldplay fan..(they left after Jay-Z had been on Lost+..:dozey:).
Anyways! White Lies were so great again and I think they should have played longer. I did not like GA at all! But then Jay-Z was THE BOMB! He totally owned the place! :D
After Jay I was all the time waiting for U2, but instead they played Oasis Live Forever and that was so cool, because I love that song! I was singing along so loud! Then came Give It 2 Me and I could just feel the exitement in the crowd and I was already panicking :D I even saw a little bit of the dancing roadie ;) Then came the waltz and I really can't remember anything about that! I was so exited then! I just remember one roadie coming right in front of us to make us clap and stuff. Then the lights went out!
I think I'm being too particular so I'm just gonna tone it down a little bit :D My favourite songs were..Violet Hill, Fix You, Yellow (tho I the balloons didn't come to tha front at all), Trouble, LIJ, DAAHF and ofc the amazing LITii! All songs were perfect and I'm very happy as it is, thought I really would've wanted to have something extra..but I'm definately not complaining! Chris' voice sounded kinda sick for example when he was talking about the X-Factior, but still as I saw it, they were all in a REALLY good mood yesterday, I could see Guy just looking around the stadium and smiling REALLY wide! (he was right in front of me) And Chris was jumping and spinning around A LOT! at one point he went to the very side of the stage (jonnys side) and spun for like atleast a minute and it was really funny when he stopped and couldn't walk straight :D It was so cool when he said something like "All the way to the back, everyone say 'Fucking awesome!'" :D And when he screw up THP and was like "not again!"..The mexican wave was brilliant (tho it didn't work so well as in smaller stadiums) and I thought that Billie Jean sounded somehow a lot better then at Stockholm! I loved it that they played Trouble, because last time I heard Green Eyes..
I have so much to say, I can't even remember it all anymore! Oh and before they went to play the techno set, Chris changed his shirt ont he stage! (I demand that pic!) That reminds me, that the guys next to me were really funny! they were like on a hardcore party-mode all the time and when it started raining REALLY hard, they took their shirts off and partied even more :D
There was a camera right in front of us and right in front of the other first row coldplayers, so I'm really hoping for a dvd and that they'll show the crowd, because then we might be on it ;) At least during Fix You the camera in front of us shot us all the time! :rolleyes:
We had a sign that said "SHIVER?" because we really wanted to hear it, and after DAAHF Guy read it and his face went like "hell no!" you know :D I'm pretty sure Chris read it too, and made an approving face..or maybe it was just my interpretation..We also had two finnish flags that said Finland :heart: Coldplay, but the pen that we made the heart with was NOT waterproof, so when it started raining, the heart spread and now the white part of the flag is pink and it only says Finland Coldplay :D
I just still can't believe I saw them at Wembley, and at that close distance! Chris was clearly on a loving mood, he kept bumping into Jonny and Guy and stuff and they all seemed very happy! I'm glad that the last show of the tour went so well, it was just phenomenol! But of course I'm bummed about that the tour is over.. Maybe I have to go to Jerusalem :rolleyes:
Oh and when we were leaving the stadium, people kept singing oohohohooohoh all over the place! In the halls of the stadium, in the tube line, in the tube etc, it was really cool!
And I love the Wembley poster and I'm so happy I bought it :D

And I thought the concert was also organized very well! The bathrooms were great and we got a much water as we needed at the front and earplugs too! But I don't know how it was on the other areas ;)

I just want to thank you all the coldplayers for the company and it was REALLY nice meeting you all! :heart:

(oh and about spotting the coldplayers..
i spotted myself:
http://i33.tinypic.com/r0z94z.jpg
:D (pink circle at the front row..)

And IAN! can you PM me the pictures where I'm on the screen? :D I don't want you to post them here tho, they were quite horrible if I remember correctly :thinking:

johkujii
20-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Sorry about the long post :D I just couldn't stop writing..

OH and a lot of people were leaving after the C-stage set! My dad left then too, because he wanted to get to the tube fast :dozey: I told him he was an idiot and missed the best part of the concert :D

cafc4eva
20-09-2009, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't go that far.
The atmosphere at the front (surrounded by fellow Coldplayers) was incredible, and the camaraderie both before, during and after the show was incredible.
The collective singing along to "Viva La Vida" and "Violet Hill" was amazing.
It was a bit like being at a football match where you are able to stand (unfortunately pretty much impossible in the UK now) but ten times better.:D

i dunno, if you follow charlton on the road this year you will be standing up a few times.

i know i will :d

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 04:49 PM
i dunno, if you follow charlton on the road this year you will be standing up a few times.

i know i will :d

True. That's one of the advantages of playing in League One (although it's still unlikely I'll get to see many games owing to my location). However, certainly in the Prem and Championship, I'm pretty sure "standing" is non-existent, which is a pity, as all-seater stadia kill the atmosphere (much the same as with rock concerts).;)

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 04:52 PM

As it happens, that's one thing I was pretty disappointed with yesterday. There was nothing particularly unique about any of Chris's comments. There was nothing that really made me smile, which wasn't the case in Duesseldorf, where he was on top form.
He also didn't appear to change the words to any of the songs, which was disappointing, as that's always very amusing too.:(
However, it's only a very minor criticism - you can't have everything.;)

Noémie
20-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Sorry about the long post :D I just couldn't stop writing..

OH and a lot of people were leaving after the C-stage set! My dad left then too, because he wanted to get to the tube fast :dozey: I told him he was an idiot and missed the best part of the concert :D

Thanks for your review!! :)

Being front row must have been amazing!!!

And I'm so glad the guys seemed happy and relaxed, they probably really enjoyed themselves for their last concert. :)

mrman78
20-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks for all the reviews and pics! We all had a great time here while you were there thanks to the photoblogs, live tweets, etc. Of course, I would have rather been there, but it was a close second :)

Noémie
20-09-2009, 04:57 PM
As it happens, that's one thing I was pretty disappointed with yesterday. There was nothing particularly unique about any of Chris's comments. There was nothing that really made me smile, which wasn't the case in Duesseldorf, where he was on top form.
He also didn't appear to change the words to any of the songs, which was disappointing, as that's always very amusing too.:(

That's a shame... I was also looking forward to seeing some videos where there might be something different, something new, something special!

But maybe Chris was just too concentrated on finishing the tour properly and perfectly?

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks for all the reviews and pics! We all had a great time here while you were there thanks to the photoblogs, live tweets, etc. Of course, I would have rather been there, but it was a close second :)

To be honest, if I'm not at a particular concert, I prefer to know nothing about it (unless it's streamed live, of course) until it's finished, otherwise it can be pretty frustrating that you're not actually there.

chronic777
20-09-2009, 05:05 PM

thats not true, he did a whole saturday night special 'x factor' simon cowell thing
he also changed the words alot, he said in a couple songs 'saturday night/london on saturday night'
he also messed up 'hardest part' a bit, then changed the lyrics to 'forgot the words', he really gave off the impression it wasn't just another gig, but made it unique for a saturday night

i thought he was on excellent form....

chronic777
20-09-2009, 05:08 PM
edit

johkujii
20-09-2009, 05:23 PM
But he did that X-factor thing on other concerts too, so it wasn't that special ;) I was happy tho, I laughed a lot :D at the THP screw up and all..can't remember what all there was.. And when he did the wo-wo for our drummer will -song, he said something like "hometown london" or something ;) and someone said that he sung london sun instead of osaka sun, but I didn't hear that :rolleyes:

cafc4eva
20-09-2009, 05:25 PM
True. That's one of the advantages of playing in League One (although it's still unlikely I'll get to see many games owing to my location). However, certainly in the Prem and Championship, I'm pretty sure "standing" is non-existent, which is a pity, as all-seater stadia kill the atmosphere (much the same as with rock concerts).;)

yeah totaly agree

heres my photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=110092&id=775367549&l=574f9f97f0

feel free to add me n all

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 05:28 PM
thats not true, he did a whole saturday night special 'x factor' simon cowell thing

Did that only happen at the Saturday gig, or at Friday's too?
Even so, that came across as "scripted" and "pantomimey" IMO, and I would rather he had left out the Simon Cowell vid.;)

he also changed the words alot, he said in a couple songs 'saturday night/london on saturday night'

That might be the case, but I've heard him say much better than that.
I'm amazed he didn't refer to the rain, for example.;)

he also messed up 'hardest part' a bit, then changed the lyrics to 'forgot the words', he really gave off the impression it wasn't just another gig, but made it unique for a saturday night

i thought he was on excellent form....

Well all I'm saying is, I've personally heard much better at other gigs on this tour.
Not the "be all and end all", of course, but just the impression I got.

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 05:31 PM
But he did that X-factor thing on other concerts too, so it wasn't that special ;)

Just as I thought.;)

I was happy tho, I laughed a lot :D at the THP screw up and all..can't remember what all there was.. And when he did the wo-wo for our drummer will -song, he said something like "hometown london" or something ;) and someone said that he sung london sun instead of osaka sun, but I didn't hear that :rolleyes:

Well it's possible I missed a couple of things too because of the unique atmosphere, but for some reason I don't remember anything that actually made me laugh as in Duesseldorf or Cologne.;)

johkujii
20-09-2009, 05:34 PM
what did he say there? :D

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 05:37 PM
what did he say there? :D

I know some of it had to do with the fact he was trying to say things in German, and making errors.;)
Plus the whole "Mexican wave" thing was amusing, as Chris had trouble communicating what he wanted everyone to do!:lol:

johkujii
20-09-2009, 05:45 PM
okay :D Chris was funny at Stockholm too, for example he said that if there would be olympics for audiences, we'd be the usain bolt of that competition or something like that :D
But Wembley was way better than Stockholm!

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 05:48 PM
okay :D Chris was funny at Stockholm too, for example he said that if there would be olympics for audiences, we'd be the usain bolt of that competition or something like that :D

That's the sort of spontaneous, unique comment I'm talking about.:D

But Wembley was way better than Stockholm!

Well I wasn't there, so I couldn't possibly comment.;)

johkujii
20-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Yep, but that's also because at Stockholm I failed and left my about 5th row position and couldn't get back there and Wembley I was front row..
but that's not the only reason. the whole day yesterday was just perfection! :D

katja
20-09-2009, 05:51 PM
It was the last show, maybe he was to nervous!!!

johkujii
20-09-2009, 05:56 PM
yes, and he had all his family there and stuff :rolleyes: he did swear a few times tho and hasn't his father said that he hates when chris swears on stage :whip: chris even made the audience swear :D

marie/pims
20-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah, his dad is gonna be pissed :D Now he is actually making people swear

Imke
20-09-2009, 06:01 PM
yes, and he had all his family there and stuff :rolleyes: he did swear a few times tho and hasn't his father said that he hates when chris swears on stage :whip: chris even made the audience swear :D

What? :stunned:

johkujii
20-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Yep Imke he was like " All the way to the back everyone say 'FUCKING AWESOME'" or something like that, after yellow I think..after the x-factor thing ;) and so we did :D

Stefan8
20-09-2009, 06:03 PM
He fucked up The Hardest Part on friday too. :dozey:

Imke
20-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Yep Imke he was like " All the way to the back everyone say 'FUCKING AWESOME'" or something like that, after yellow I think..after the x-factor thing ;) and so we did :D

:laugh3: I bet his father was furious ... :rolleyes:

johkujii
20-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Yep, he said that "oh I fucked it up! i did it yesterday too!" or something like that :D I thought it was more :laugh3: than :dozey:
;)

Dfit00
20-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Chris does that on purpose... :furious2:

Noémie
20-09-2009, 06:09 PM

:lol:
Shame on him

:P

johkujii
20-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Nah I don't think he does..he seemed imbarassed to me :D but I dunno :rolleyes:

Noémie
20-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Nah I don't think he does..he seemed imbarassed to me :D but I dunno :rolleyes:

But he looks embarassed on purpose too :P

Imke
20-09-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't know if he's doing it on purpose. He screwed up in Munich too and was cursing pretty bad ... who knows?!

Stefan8
20-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I also think he does that on purpose, but yeah, it's still funny.

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 06:17 PM
He fucked up The Hardest Part on friday too. :dozey:

Maybe that's because the song truly is "the hardest part" of the entire set!!:P

LFDianne
20-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I also think he does that on purpose, but yeah, it's still funny.

He's done it at many concerts - with is "I'm sorry Will" announcement in Chula Vista, and apologized to the band because he "fucked up a chord at the beginning of the song...it's true" in Irvine in July. And I think he did it last November at the Honda Center - my husband even commented on it. lol Just Chris's thing, I suppose.

Noémie
20-09-2009, 06:34 PM
He's done it at many concerts - with is "I'm sorry Will" announcement in Chula Vista, and apologized to the band because he "fucked up a chord at the beginning of the song...it's true" in Irvine in July. And I think he did it last November at the Honda Center - my husband even commented on it. lol Just Chris's thing, I suppose.

screwing up, swearing, apologizing
we love Chris :D

Lovers in NYC
20-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Yea~,,I actually was waited a moment after the last note of LIT2, anticipating he'd give some final words but he didn't ;(...and just gave the usual quick goodbye and went straight to the huddle with Phil and the others...which was SO cute and lovey ;P Maybe he just didn't think people were too interested...like this night being the last one was really only a big deal to the band (**nothing could be farther from the truth!)..and so maybe at that moment, he only had eyes for the people who share that importance (the band members :)...and the others just faded out...

I was surprised tho that there were people leaving even before they came back onstage for the encore...I was thinking 'OMG...are these people insane!...we won't be seeing the band for awhile after the next few minutes...and they're leaving?!'...hehe.

But Chris especially certainly did look very tired...even from the start of the concert - ready to give it his final go but really having to push...I think they are so ready to disappear for a little...but also itching to play something new.

Nonetheless...they've got one of the best jobs in the world...I'm so jealous...

-Soo-

Thanks for your review Soo! :) :)

I thought he'd say something special or make a speech or something for their last concert...

- DAN -
20-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Just thought I'd pop in and say last night was AMAZING. White Lies and Girls Aloud were great. I managed to shout 'Oh my god you are so fit!' while Nicola Roberts was talking to the audience, got a laugh but not sure she heard me :( Jay-Z was sensational, I got to see him at Glastonbury Festival last year so I expected it to be awesome, but I didn't expect it to be better! Good to see everyone in standing near the front (where I was) throwing up diamonds for the great HOVA. So yeah, Coldplay. Wow. It was amazing. The last time I saw them was at Earl's Court in 2005 and shiiiiit they have upped their game. Very tight set, no technical hitches as I have been hearing of recently. Good effort. The rain was a godsend, it was so hot just before and it added to the atmosphere! COOL. Ok, ummm I'm not sure if any of that made sense but I just wanted to put my thoughts up on here for all to see. Ooooh yeah and after the gig I saw a few Coldplayers in their yellow t-shirts, was too shy to go up and say hi though. Anyway, ciao for noooow..

deeman05
20-09-2009, 07:33 PM
how can i embed my youtube vids on here? i have 2 from front row in HD i would like to share

Noémie
20-09-2009, 07:34 PM
how can i embed my youtube vids on here? i have 2 from front row in HD i would like to share

you just clik on the 'insert link' button and insert the url of your videos ;)

lindam
20-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Okay I have no network right now so I'm surfing with this crappy cellphone and can't do anything with this... But let me just say that yesterday was so friggin AWESOME!!!! I'll come back here at the second I get the network. (took about half an hour to write this so)

x__natalie
20-09-2009, 07:45 PM
I've taken some videos on my phone, but when I upload them and try to play them on my computer, I can't. I think it's the format, I don't have the right proggrame to play them on. They are mp4, so what should I do, or download so I can watch them? Cheers :D

illuvcoldplay
20-09-2009, 07:48 PM
It was y very first Coldplay show and it was fucken awesome... Unfortunately I didnt stay for teh encore but it was soooo good. I cant wait for my second and third and ........

deeman05
20-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Two videos in HD I took last night from front row. Enjoy. Please post a comment on the youtube page aswell thanks.

YouTube - Coldplay Lovers In Japan Confetti Clip At Wembley Stadium 19/9/2009

YouTube - Coldplay At Wembley Stadium - Life In Technicolor Part 2 - 19/9/2009

marie/pims
20-09-2009, 07:58 PM
^aaaawww they had a little get together before the last song (Litii) :) oh.I love them
Does anybody have the huddle?

svenky
20-09-2009, 08:00 PM
great vidéo lit ii ^^ waouh

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 08:08 PM
and Girls Aloud were great.

:stunned:

I managed to shout 'Oh my god you are so fit!' while Nicola Roberts was talking to the audience, got a laugh

No surprise there!!:lol:

Jay-Z was sensational, I got to see him at Glastonbury Festival last year so I expected it to be awesome, but I didn't expect it to be better!Good to see everyone in standing near the front (where I was) throwing up diamonds for the great HOVA.

I agree that there was a good atmosphere during Jay-Z's set.;)

Ooooh yeah and after the gig I saw a few Coldplayers in their yellow t-shirts, was too shy to go up and say hi though.

Shame. We don't bite, you know!!:lol:

Noémie
20-09-2009, 08:11 PM
YouTube - Coldplay At Wembley Stadium - Life In Technicolor Part 2 - 19/9/2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts0XjIM3b3s)

^aaaawww they had a little get together before the last song (Litii) :) oh.I love them
Does anybody have the huddle?

Thanks for the videos!

Yeah Marie, it's like a 'this-is-our-last-VLV-tour-song' moment, I like it too :P

I can't believe we can't see the huddle in that video!!! :\
I thought it was right after the end of Lit ii! :thinking:

Oh and the last thing Chris says: thank you Phil! ;)

lafferty23
20-09-2009, 08:25 PM

Thats awesome! its nice to see some videos from the very front!

Lolly Pop
20-09-2009, 08:41 PM
right I'm to buy some glue and card to start sticking my butterflies and ticket to my frame.It's quite sad really but it makes a pretty picture to hang on my wall . :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/LauraGreene/100_0931.jpg

finished. :)

busybeeburns
20-09-2009, 08:46 PM
that's really cool!! :D

Mimixxx
20-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Nice :D

I put in ticket in my back pocket and it got completely ruined in the downpour. :dozey:

busybeeburns
20-09-2009, 08:49 PM
my gawd your train must have zoooomed past our car :laugh3:

I still had my ticket in the envelope which partially saved it from the rain

Lolly Pop
20-09-2009, 08:56 PM
that's really cool!! :D

thanks! :D I'll sell it too you for £100000 and a bottle of Stella.Don't think I've not forgotten about Stella-Gate back in the olden days :P You still owe me haha.

Noémie
20-09-2009, 09:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/LauraGreene/100_0931.jpg

finished. :)

cool! :)

wow, so even the tickets were beautiful!! ;)

aniskywalker
20-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Setlist from yesterday:

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/Wembley003.jpg

Review later, I'm sooooo tired at moment ;)

johkujii
20-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Awesome videos! I love the "thank you phil!" ending ♥

johkujii
20-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Nicole I can't believe how lucky you are! :D Are you still in London? Did you take the shirt to where it belongs? ;)

Long Live Life
20-09-2009, 09:10 PM
This was an awesome gig! I'm glad I made it to the final (official anyway) VLV gig and that the early start payed off. Thanks to KissesBirds and Angie, and Miimmx (sp?) for their cameraderie and tales from the road on tour during the long wait (which went very quickly!). I am truly envious you had so many gigs to go to Stateside.

It was great also to meet many fellow Coldplayers for the first time, Ian and Jen, Chavi and Carla but shame Pete we missed each other again!

I vote we have a post VLV tour catch-up some time in London?

Words cannot express how much I felt about last night's gig: a mixture of exhilaration, excitement, and bitter-sweet sadness that VLV has come to an end.

Thanks to Coldplay and Crew for putting on such an awesome tour and continuing to write such fantastic songs! Looking forward to the next album.

jelynch2
20-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Wow. Thank you to everyone for sharing your concert experience with all of us who were stuck elsewhere. It makes me feel like I was there! :) Did Simon Pegg come back last night?

Noémie
20-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Wow. Thank you to everyone for sharing your concert experience with all of us who were stuck elsewhere. It makes me feel like I was there! :) Did Simon Pegg come back last night?

Nope!

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 09:20 PM

No. ;)

Texasluvsjonny
20-09-2009, 09:23 PM
My hotel connection is dodgy so pics and vids may have to wait til I get home on Wednesday. Here's a sample.
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt109/ac040404/Wembley/LondonSept2009082.jpg

Oh and I bought all of Steph's Coldplay gear off her. NMEs from 2000! They look sooooooo young!

aniskywalker
20-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Nicole I can't believe how lucky you are! :D Are you still in London? Did you take the shirt to where it belongs? ;)

Of course :)
And no, I'm back at home :( But I know, I'm a very lucky person - Coldplay karma and me works really good ;)
Oh, and I've the pic from you and me :)

Mimixxx
20-09-2009, 09:28 PM
my gawd your train must have zoooomed past our car :laugh3:

I still had my ticket in the envelope which partially saved it from the rain

I win :smug:

busybeeburns
20-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I walked past Ian but I was too shy to say hi. Plus I was on the way to the ladies :lol:you did? :stunned: We've met before no need to be shy :P

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 09:33 PM
you did? :stunned: We've met before

When and where?:confused:
Were you both drunk at the time?:lol:

lndnsky
20-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Wow Angie that is a great pic. Cant wait for more... :D

johkujii
20-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Can't wait fro your pics Angie! that one's great!
And Nicole I want that one! You wanna PM it to me? :P

And thanks Ian for the pictures! As I said, they're horrible :D but I don't care I'm on the big screen :D

ApproximatelyInfinite
20-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Review, photos, and videos tomorrow, probably in the form of link to blog, link to Facebook album, and embedded YouTube vids :D. I'm soooo zonked I can't be coherent. After the South Bank show, I'm passing out.

BUT OH MY GOD, NOTHING COULD BE BETTER AND NOTHING EVER WAS. :dead:

Denise
20-09-2009, 09:41 PM
I will never be able to write a review, but these days have been just special, and yesterday, being right there at the front in our "yellow bubble" was awesome, even in the rain. It was one of the best gigs I've been to, finally saw them in their own city, in Wembley, with such amazing people..thank you everyone

This is the only hug pic I got, for those asking
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5056/grouphug.jpg
unfortunately I didn't catch when Phil arrived, but it was great seeing them all so happy :nice:

johkujii
20-09-2009, 09:44 PM
THANK YOU for that picture! Priceless :bomb:

svenky
20-09-2009, 09:44 PM
great pic ^^

marie/pims
20-09-2009, 09:46 PM
AMAZING!!!!I love that pic.emotional :(

Mimixxx
20-09-2009, 09:47 PM
My hotel connection is dodgy so pics and vids may have to wait til I get home on Wednesday. Here's a sample.
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt109/ac040404/Wembley/LondonSept2009082.jpg

Oh and I bought all of Steph's Coldplay gear off her. NMEs from 2000! They look sooooooo young!

Squeeeee. Sooo good Angie. Miss you :kiss:

Dear Lord I just listened to the interview podcast I did with Chris yesterday, do I really sound like that?! :o Awful, just awful.

ApproximatelyInfinite
20-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Is there going to be a special section of the gallery for pictures just of US? Like when we were queueing etc? I reallllly want to steal some of those pics, especially the group one Ian took at the end :D

mrman78
20-09-2009, 09:55 PM

YAY! ANGIE!! Amazing pic (as usual) although I think you even bested yourself this time, that is crazy close!! Hope you had a wonderful time and look forward to the full review/pics :)

aniskywalker
20-09-2009, 10:01 PM
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/190920091032.jpg

Kon
20-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Who got to front row? and how long did you queue for?

Some Coldplayers in the F-gate (around back of stadium) line

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/MrDaveS1986/IMG_1088.jpg

johkujii
20-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Awww Phil :blush:

berrywoman
20-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Guy at Wembley, 19th Sept. taken by my own fair hands. Enjoy!! :D :D

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/gallery/data/1669/20090919wembley570.jpg

:surprised: I'm in love...... :heart: Guy! ThankYouThankYouThankYou!!!

Hello everyone~...so as many of you did as well indeed, I got to bed very late night for obvious concert-high reasons ;P and also got up very early this morning for reasons alike as if I were waking up from a dream, which last night felt like for sure. I hope I can remember everything from this particular dream before any bit of it slips away.

I’ve waited SO long and endured many miles to make it to Wembley and write this review, my first but one of Coldplaying’s last reviews for their concert threads, so I was very eager to get inside. I turned to be the first person to take a seat in my section as the usher had so kindly noted to me  And I looked forward to giving a not-as-common re-“view from the top” specifically section 510 – way at the back of the stadium…or as Chris put it last night “People in another time zone” :P I know a lot of the reviews for concerts (or at least it seems to me :P) are of people at the floor level (which I imagine is an incredible experience! – being among the energy of so many in such close proximity to the band and being able to see what goes on with them on the side stage). But I was SO pleasantly surprised and just as energized from my, as you’d say in America, “nosebleed section”…which was ever so slightly to the right of center but gave an excellent overview of the massive stagework. I think someone in one of the other threads from Friday’s show mentioned something about bad sound in the back of Wembley but I couldn’t disagree more. Maybe I’m not a sound expert so don’t notice the difference but it sounded great last night to me–so dear future Wembley concert-goers, no need to shy away from the back section, for sound travels and travel well it did indeed  Oh and having my binoculars handy made it an even MORE lovely experience…enable me to get close-ups through the big-screens, which don’t seem that huge from my back but are intensely magnified marvelously with the binoculars 

But in general, as corny as it sounds, I think everyone felt intimate with the band even if you were miles away. I actually didn’t realize how far it was until Chris said he couldn’t hear the screaming response to his shout-out to those way in the back of the top. The concert I went to before this one was in a smaller venue but last night felt far more intimate than that place…perhaps because of the emotions attached to this particular concert being the final one :P

As I sat down and panned the stadium, you could feel the anticipation in the air. The backdrop music ironically sounded like something you’d hear at the end of a movie when the credits start to roll…at least it felt that way to me :P But perhaps putting such music on at the start of the concert symbolized the beginning of the” end”...the end of this particular chapter for Coldplay and its family of fans. Soon enough, the White Lies took the stage at about twenty past 5. It was my first time hearing them live and I must say they deserve all the credit…hearing bands just from their studio albums really doesn’t do justice….there is a lot lost I believe. All of Coldplay’s critics just haven’t witnessed the magic of their live sound. So perhaps the White Lies are a budding “Coldplay” type band – in terms of the very humble, self-deprecating posture they seemed to carry during their set. But they sounded amazing and I certainly checked out their music when I got home. I think I agree that the sound system wasn’t the best for the music of Girls Aloud. I’m not too keen on the all-girl pop group types..but I appreciated their enthusiasm , love for and pride in what they do which is what Coldplay are about and what they probably like about Girls Aloud as well enough to invite them to open. But Jay-Z certainly brought the house down for me…definitely did his job of warming up the crowd for Coldplay as he said. He is an extraordinary talent and I felt honored to hear him live for the first time…and felt an extra bond with him being originally from NY myself and as images of the NYC night sky line appeared in the backdrop of his song ‘Empire State of Mind’. I think Coldplay always try to bring an eclectic musical mix on board the concert thru the different-genres of the opening acts…creating a music “festival-esque” setting…giving people a bigger bang for their pound I’d say 

Finally came the last intermission between acts and that familiar final classical piece just before the boys’ silhouettes appeared to the sound of ‘Life in Technicolor’ holding their sparkling lights. It was immediately followed by the roaring sounds of ‘Violet Hill’ and ‘Clocks’ and the anthemic feel of ‘In My Place’ and of course “Yellow”. I must say I looked forward to seeing how Chris interacts with his fellow Londoners in his hometown and he certainly showed a special bond...making an especially special reference to the British show “The X-Factor”. Simon Cowell’s classic most deprecating and high-praise remarks from the show were used to judge the singing of the crowd for ‘Yellow’…which in general I think is what Chris loves the most – just having a big sing-along ;)

Every song seemed to a carry an extra stretch perhaps cuz the boys knew that it was the last time they would be playing that particular song for awhile after last night. Every single song took my heart but the ones that stood out to everyone seemed were all of the usual suspects – ‘Viva La Vida’ and the incredible sing-along and n’sync hand wave movement of the crowd on the floor. Right before the song, it was cute how Chris jumbled part of a line in ‘The Hardest Part’ and gloriously admitted to it, singing about it right in the song with the lyrics changed to something like ’Oh I tried to sing but kept messing up on everything…that was the hardest part~…” Lost featured JayZ and as always, was incredible to witness the collaboration of two different ends of the musical spectrum. When the boys made their way to the tiny stage among the crowd for their usual acoustic set (sans Simon Pegg this time), it was refreshing to hear ‘Trouble’ after the few years of its absence. The beautiful mobile phone Mexican wave led us into the Billie Jean cover..which was awesome~..really got the crowd singing…bringing the memory of the greatness that is Michael Jackson. And oh how I LOVE the butterfly rain in ‘Lovers in Japan’…that song always leaves my heart feeling so smiley and dreamy  After the boys left the stage on a high from “Death and All His Friends”…they changed outfits and returned for the beautifully sad “The Scientist” and one of my very mega-favorites ‘Life in Technicolor II”. When the last note was played to end the song, I was in bit of disbelief that this was officially over. I’d expected more words from Chris as well for this grand finale but he gave his usual, ever-so grateful and humble outro and met instead with the rest of his band. Perhaps it hadn’t hit the band yet as well, that this was really the end.

It is the end of era …the ‘Viva’ era of Coldplay, an emotionally extraordinary moment for all of us as summed up by the final heartfelt ‘post-concert’ huddle of Chris, Jonny, Guy, Will AND Phil on stage…and those devoted fans who stayed behind to witness it. Even in the midst of the massive tube mess, particulary Wembley Park station, the spirit of the Viva tour was felt as the huge crowd waiting to be allowed to get onto the station platform started singing the ”Ooh-Ooh-ah- oh-oh” chant from ‘Viva la Vida’ while they waited - I think the band, and Chris especially, would’ve been so proud to hear the echoes of the chanting in the distance…I believe they always will...until the next tour ;)

**sorry for the mega long review here..but thank you for your patient eyes/ears

-Soo-

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm excited as well and I'm 3000 miles away! lol ;)

awesome! Its great to hear all the stories.... keep'em coming folks! :)

Kon
20-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks. I made a point of trying to get "unique" photos (particularly of Coldplayers) as other people always get better photos and videos of the band than me anyway.
Hopefully I succeeded in this.;)

That is true Mark, a shame we couldn't meet

I know some of it had to do with the fact he was trying to say things in German, and making errors.;)
Plus the whole "Mexican wave" thing was amusing, as Chris had trouble communicating what he wanted everyone to do!:lol:

The Mexican wave thing was good fun to do :)

great pic ^^

That it is

CPRani
20-09-2009, 10:18 PM
WoOW, guys thank you for awesome videos, pics, tweets and reviews :D!! AMAZING!!
Glad you had such a good time, I really do!

illuvcoldplay
Here are a few of mine

Well I skipped the whilte Lies and Girls aloud and got there just in time for Coldplay and also Jay Z.. It was my very first show in London and also my very first coldplay show and I have to say that it was awesome. Was my first bu it definitely wont be my last ........... :D

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs280.snc1/10733_136025343251_509983251_2381838_643949_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10733_136025328251_509983251_2381835_6738345_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10733_136025208251_509983251_2381816_6597232_n.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs280.snc1/10733_136025223251_509983251_2381819_7285892_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10733_136025088251_509983251_2381798_1849697_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs280.snc1/10733_136025378251_509983251_2381845_1546221_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10733_136025213251_509983251_2381817_1878503_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10733_136025398251_509983251_2381848_776516_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10733_136025448251_509983251_2381856_1664854_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10733_136025453251_509983251_2381857_1748104_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10733_136025448251_509983251_2381856_1664854_n.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10733_136025498251_509983251_2381861_1346567_n.jpg
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs280.snc1/10733_136025518251_509983251_2381865_4449396_n.jpg
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10733_136183673251_509983251_2384105_4916142_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs260.snc1/10733_136183668251_509983251_2384104_6161984_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs280.snc1/10733_136183663251_509983251_2384103_3724514_n.jpg

Dorsetbay
We're totally zonked after a day of uploading videos and photos. We'll embed some photos here tomorrow, but in the meantime here are our photos on flickr, starting with the F&G GA queues and finishing with the fireworks.

Tiny thumbnails...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dorsetbays/sets/72157622291717963/

Slideshow...click on any picture to open in a new window and comment :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dorsetbays/sets/72157622291717963/show/

YouTube Video Coldplay Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CDDCFF418232A023

Now getting ready to watch Coldplay on the ITV South Bank Show. Join us with a glass or three of red. :o

Dorsetbay (Steve and Helen)

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 10:26 PM

Several in both H&J and M&N too.;)
I even managed to make third row, which I was more than happy with.:D

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 10:28 PM

The feeling is mutual, David, but I'm sure Bea told you this anyway.:D
Maybe next time!;)
I had a great time with Bea and the others on Friday as well.:D

Darlene_Ihnfsa
20-09-2009, 10:37 PM
oh my a lot of pages to check (last check i did was page 284).

my review of the concert:

I arrived there like 90 minutes before, with Kite, my boyfriend.
As we said, we tried to find coldplayers and give them candies, we saw some of you: Tonsu (was he who spotted us), Ian, Jenjie, Semy, Chelsea; Mimi, Angie, Mel. (sorry if i missed any name).

We had a look around too, and we bought to tour t-shirts :dance: (mine have the album artwork).

We did our entrace at gate K, just when the doors opened, at 16:00 as was said.

We had to put the liquids (water and coke) on a "glass" as you know bottles are not allowed, just in case an olympics throw it to the audience... :rolleyes:

So we sat i our seats and tried to spot any coldplayer on the stand area, or near us.

So the concert started (i don't remember exactly at what time):

We prepared our glowsticks, on our hands and we even made a wheel :D

We were wondering what some big ballons were doing up there.... and later we happened to know those were the "magic balls".

White Lies, i liked them, rocky, but they should have been a bit more warm with audience anyways i liked their show.

Girls Aloud, i'm not so into pop music, but they did a good performance too, i liked the dancers they had (i mean it felt like Funk to me), and i liked the hair-do of one of the girls, because it remimd me to some of The Wall characters), i reckon their music was catchy, and i found them a lot more connected with the audience, i liked their comment at the end, about Coldplay fans. :nice:

Jay-Z, honestly a great surprise of that night, never checked him properly, but i loved his performance, he sure was a lot connected with the audience and sure i loved his end talk with people, he even mentioned Coldplaying :dance: woho.
So far the song (i don't know the names), that i liked most, was i think the 3rd one he played, because it had rai music rhythm; sure it is as he mentioned it at the end, he said: "Thanks Cheb Mami for that" (i got to knew about Cheb Mami through Sting's Desert Rose); i really was tempted to shout up: Thank God for Mami.

So *drums*

Before Coldplay came on stage, sure the whole show was in a good mood, so warmed.
I liked the breakdance of the cleaner :dance: and the fire thing :nice:

Loved their perfomance from start to end, i don't remember the setlist now... but we were singing the songs all the time, and even standed up to clap and all, (but the guards asked use to have a sit again :dozey: (what a buncg of party killers :dozey: )
I liked the X Factor thing, really was funny, and the mobile wave. :D
I missed that they came to sing among the audience on the seating area, but is ok.
As i said for last year Barcelona's concert, i didn't like much the popurri they made, with the dance version of God Put A Smile Upon Your Face.

Favourite parts of the concert:
when Chris played Postcards from far away (i love that one, i almost cry everytime i listen to it), when Chris was flying, Jay-z duet, and sure the butterflies moment; and when Guy played drum instruments :dance: (really C&C&F girls, i remembered that banging avi you had :wink3: ), i also liked Will's performance. :nice: that song is growing on me.

Favourite songs performed:
Fix You, Strawberry Swing, In My Place.

I liked that Chris went on the piano a bit more than in last year concert. :D Btw it was just me, or he improvised lyrics at first on the stage, before Will sung his song? :thinking:

i liked that one a lot more than Barcelona's one. :nice:

I made some videos, and pictures, i will update pics tomorrow, about the whole week. :D

One thing i didn't like is how the leaving was organized, so long queues that were worst due to so much police control.... so because of that, i happpned to miss my last tube to my place, had to catch a bus and go there on foot, as a result i happened to arrive at my hostel at 2am... and that having to wake up at 5 to catch my flight on time.

i really didn't like how they managed the leaving, and many people was complaing about that.

we didn't saw any LRLRL albums on our seats nor on any other place, and really i only spotted like 3 people with them :\

Was good to meet other Coldplay fans on the tube. :nice: they all were so gladly surprised with Jay-Z performance.

now time to check the new pages properly. :)

johkujii
20-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Ari!! When did you meet Chelsea, Semy, Ian, Jen etc? Did you come to the H&J gate or was it after the concert? I didn't see you! :( I was at the H&J with Chelsea, Semy, Mariana etc! :stunned:

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Ari!! When did you meet Chelsea, Semy, Ian, Jen etc? Did you come to the H&J gate or was it after the concert? I didn't see you! :( I was at the H&J with Chelsea, Semy, Mariana etc! :stunned:

Maybe her view of you was obscured by your reindeer!!:P

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Girls Aloud, i'm not so into pop music, but they did a good performance too, i liked the dancers they had (i mean it felt like Funk to me),

I thought they looked like a bunch of pimps!!:lol:

and i liked the hair-do of one of the girls, because it remimd me to some of The Wall characters),

Do you mean the one who looked like she had a dead squirrel on her head?:stunned:

i reckon their music was catchy,

You mean like a disease?:lol:

Before Coldplay came on stage, sure the whole show was in a good mood, so warmed.
I liked the breakdance of the cleaner :dance:

Do you mean the roadie?:lol:

As i said for last year Barcelona's concert, i didn't like much the popurri they made, with the dance version of God Put A Smile Upon Your Face.

I actually love that, as it has a real "clubby" feel.:D

we didn't saw any LRLRL albums on our seats nor on any other place, and really i only spotted like 3 people with them :\

But didn't you already have one? There are plenty of spares floating around.;)

a-chan
20-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Back from London!

Great gig despite the rain!

I was in H&J and had to get my tickets at the box office. Arrived at 10 with my friend and amazed to see so few people...Recognized Camille in the lot ^^ (and I thought you said you didn't want to go to the box office dear?! XD). Saw Perrine and Aurélie (marsu) too! So cool! Opened at the right time and as soon as we get our tickets, direction queue!! Amazed again to see so few people! The queueing part pasted very fast, ponctuated by coldplayers visits (Chavi, Anna, Timon, Perrine to name a few...even met two lovely british ladies at the toilets queue, one had a puppet Chris, so cool ^^) Good to see so many lovely people again!!
Then, it was time to enter! We managed to get near the b-stage along the ramp ^^ Not so far away was kristen (?) on my right, and Aurélie (marsu) on my left. Had a good view of the boys ass XD and of the main stage even if the butterflies thingy blocked a little my view! Had a text from Chavi saying she made it front row with the others..always on the right spot! So cool to see you guys on the screen and get a shout at by Jay-Z!
During the waiting, I found the british audience really quiet... :stunned: No shouting, no singing, no mexican wave...Even during the waiting time between Jay-Z and the boys, they were still quiet (exept for some roadie action...) Really weird atmosphere for me...
White lies was good but Girls aloud...I thought I was dying...! Two girls behind me were really into it but me not...As well as Aurélie who was looking as dead as me...XDD
Then Jay-Z came in and he managed to finally woke up the british audience!! About time! I don't like R'n'B and didn't know much about him but I found myself screaming and dancing hands in the air like crazy!!! Had a great time!!! Great performer!
Then waiting time again and rain started pouring...So british :lol: The boys were great and I think the rain electrified everyone, included myself!! It created a really strange atmosphere but really magnified the songs! Yellow and IMP were totally berseck! I was too (like always, but maybe more than usual last night!). Had a great time during the b-stage section with a good view on the boys asses XD So good to see my dear Will that close, he always impressme by his energy! The c-section part was awesome too, and I finally had the occasion to hear Trouble live! I didn't cry last night but that was more than close on many occasion and that was one! Was again really amazed to see many people leaving the stadium at that part...so early... :stunned:
The encore was beautiful and I passed on 'almost-cry-but-not' when I saw the final huddle with Phil. Very touching moment ^^
After some butterflies hunting, I managed to see my fellow B-stage coldplayers again, so cool! But we parted really quick as we wanted to get the CDs (which was also an expedition since the security told us it was only hand on gate F or B...). We grabbed the last ones and headed home (bought one of the fake t-shirt on the way, find it funny XDD ->the one on the liveblog). Catched the last train!!

Here my photos (didn't take a lot and I didn't filmed since I wanted to 'concentrate' on this last night!)

http://www.monalbum.fr/Album=ADQDHVQ3

A night to remember, now I hope we'll have some DVD (from wherever) to prolongue the fest!

Jenjie
20-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Didnt Jen say it was going to rain today :P?

and I was right :P :laugh3:

I know, where is everyone? :confused: Obviously the CPers for the most part didn't tweet during the show because they didn't want to miss anything, but yesterday there were a ton of other people tweeting the whole time!

if you could have seen Wembley! - Jay-Z had the whole place bouncing. don't think anyone had time to tweet.

*Hugs comfy pillow.
Thank god we mAde it home Alive ...... bloody fuckwit cabbie

sounds like it was mental! glad you all got back alive too

Is there going to be a special section of the gallery for pictures just of US? Like when we were queueing etc? I reallllly want to steal some of those pics, especially the group one Ian took at the end :D

there already is one :D http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1725

currently has 19th date on it, but I think I might have to rename it so it covers thurs, fri, sat & sun :thinking:

thanks to all the guys for keeping the tweets update in the thread :D and to all the tweeters. thanks to the reviewers for being so prompt.

have done a rough Wiki update this evening http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/19_September_2009_-_Wembley_Stadium%2C_London%2C_UK

to be tidied up tomorrow. also intend to upload my few pics, and put together a review.

its been a mental weekend, but so much fun. and nice to get the chance to catch up with old friends & new :D

Darlene_Ihnfsa
20-09-2009, 11:27 PM
really? :o
i didn't knew who you are i'm afraid :embarassed: did you went to the pre-meeting on thursday or the coldplay tour in london on friday? :thinking:

I thought they looked like a bunch of pimps!!:lol:

Do you mean the one who looked like she had a dead squirrel on her head?:stunned:

You mean like a disease?:lol:

Do you mean the roadie?:lol:

I actually love that, as it has a real "clubby" feel.:D

But didn't you already have one? There are plenty of spares floating around.;)
I mean for the dances they did.... well nevermind.

lol, to you it looked like a dead squirrell (may be she did it on porpose to refer to Strawberry Swing vid :p )

yep i mean the roadie, hey he did it well, the whole stadium clapped him.

as i've said, we had no cd on our seats as people said it would be done, nort i got given one when entering or leaving the stadium :\ (well i already have the tracks, but feels better if i have the album...)

mc_squared
20-09-2009, 11:49 PM
as i've said, we had no cd on our seats as people said it would be done, nort i got given one when entering or leaving the stadium :\ (well i already have the tracks, but feels better if i have the album...)

Didn't your boyfriend get you one?:stunned:
Poor show, if you ask me!:P
I have a spare if you need one.;)

mayurshikotra
20-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Just got back from london now! and WoW wat a concert...it was my first coldplay concert =D

i joined the queue at about 11ish and there were only about 60-100 people in the queue so it wasnt too bad. also met some really nice people in the queue so wasnt too bad! but about an hour before they let us in...they squashed us all together for some reason..but the time went ppritty fast!
once we go in it was a mad rush to the front...didnt do too bad only had 3 people in front of me so it was all good. White lies were good! first time i heard them and im actually gunna go out and buy their album cuz i really like them. Then came on girls aloud. now i didnt have huge expectation cuz from the previous days reviews they sounded shambolic but they wernt that bad. but i dunno all you can do is stand and watch them...cant really go crazy. in my opinion white lies out did them!
Jay z really did set the bar high for coldplay...he was awesome! they guy really know how to put on a show. he played song that people know which made it better and the crowed went crazy when he played encore and 99 problems!
BUT if i thought Jay Z was awesome then coldplay were just out of this world! cuz i havent been to one before, i cant compare..but this was unreal...soon as he came on the energy levels were off the roof...just before they came on it started raining...i dont know about anyone else who went but that put me in an even better mood. life in technicolor was just best start in the world...violet hill was perfect! i dont know about anyone else but i thought jonnys guitar on glass of water was slightly out of tune..but that may just be me lol.
it was at yellow when my voice really started to go. it was a shame none of the bollons came our way but that dont matter!! They played every song to perfection. Viva La Vida and lost were just awesome cuz you get to see them all close, so it was good! I thought i had alright speaker at home and when i play politik i put them up with the bass to feel the full force...but i realised that you haven't heard the real politik unless you see them live! the full force of them giving it all is crazy.
it was just a day i will never ever forget and im glad to see them now!

(p.s this is my 1000 post :D)

mayurshikotra
20-09-2009, 11:59 PM
D.P

MartinFan
21-09-2009, 12:17 AM
I posted this on the Tampa thread, but this was about The Aftershow party My hubby and another couple were invited too, I was very lucky!!!

I am HOME! I just don't know where to start so, I will say a few things then if you have any questions I will try and answer for you. We got picked up at 5pm, the other couple who won, were very excited, loved Coldplay, but wouldn't recognize them if they were if front of them, as you will read alittle later, We got to the venue, and followed signs that said "Band Friends and Family" with arrows to follow, got to the line and I went up and told them my name, and she said enjoy and handed me my envelope, I am pretty sure this was Arlene as I have seen her pics, I stepped to the side and the other couple went up and Arlene acted like your not on the list, while holding their envelope behind her back, and Leeanne said, "But we won the same as them" looked like she was gonna cry, we opened the envelope and found 2 tickets in the first level seating, they were 3 rows ahead of us. There was allittle slip of paper that Read "AFTERSHOW PART TONIGHT AT WEMBLEY ARENA" then told us directions, Well we almost shit ourselves, hugging each other and trying to catch our breath.
We missed White Lies, and took our seats, THIS PLACE WAS MASSIVE!!!!! Our seats were ok, but the stage looked small, so the pics I took were good, but were of the jumbotron. I had to seats opened next to us, that I was praying nobody would sit down so I could stand and dance, I got lucky, I was the only person standing and singing every song, and doing the hand cross of strawberry swing, only when ViVa came on did people stand, pissed me off, but was in "My own little Bubble".
I had tears for almost every song playing, Viva was deafening, Fix You the same, Chris messed up on THP AGAIN, it's so scripted I had a blast!!!

The after party, was cool, lot's of music playing, this area had 2 floors, we decided to go upstairs cause they had nice comfortable looking sofa's, got our drinks, and the only couch open was by this open door, that had a window, that you could see in if you sat up on the couch abit, the doors had security and was letting nobody in. I thought Hmm, this is where they are. BINGO, Jonny came walking out all full of smiles and as he walked 3 feet away I said" Hi Jonny", he turned to me and said "Hello there" all smiles. He was in a very happy mood, laughing with everyone, and chatting, I got up and moved over to the railing and snapped a pic of him which turned out great, then I moved closer to our couch and took another one, turned out great, all of a sudden I felt someone over my shoulder, it was KELLY, he scared the shit out of me, he said softly.. "What are you doing?",I said "UMM taking a picture of Jonny, he said, "Put the camera away for me", he was actually not too bad, he just scared me, and I put my hands up and said "Hey no problem, not a problem" Cussing under my breath, because for the next hour he kept looking my way making sure I didn't do it again, He told another girl off abit later and he wasn't as nice to her.
WILL comes walking out with his wife, and I said "Hello Will" he turned smiled and said, "Hello", this is hard to not look like a FAN cause he was sitting at the couch next to us talking away with people.
Took a few sips of my drink, look thru the window and the MAN was standing there, had just gotten a shower cause his hair was really wet, he looked thru the doorway, and put his hoodie on with the cap part. I looked at him and he went back in, KELLY still by the doors side, Just then I see Gwyn, man she is so pretty, she was walking and bobbing her head to a Jay Z song that was on. Chris sat down on a couch behind the doors in full view and looked like he was doing an interview, Gwyn stood by him, smiling the whole time, and then I sat back down, and then when I looked back again, she was sitting on his knee, sorry no pics of any of this, and I wouldn't have taken it anyway's. I was shocked they were together in full site of the people on the other side of the door. I will say this.... They are very much together, they were very lovey dovey towards each other, I told my husband, that they wouldn't come out here together, and they didn't. Chris came out and walked 2 feet from us and went to Will's couch and signaled him to go in the back, I guess it was for an interview, as Chris walked past us I said " Hi Chris" he looked like alittle kid and looked our way smiled and said, "Hey, how ya doing?" SMILING like he does. That was all my contact with any of them, I couldn't sneak any pics! I will post pics tomorrow when my daughter gets home, and they will be on facebook, feel free to ask me anything if I didn't touch on any questions you might have. The trip was amazing!!! Oh we didn't get to bed until 3:30am this morning, "Ya know Partying all night with the boy's" and we had a 7am wake up call and the long flight back.

Oh and when Chris walked by the couple we were with didn't recognize him and they asked me if I thought he was coming out, I said He walked 2 feet away from you and even said Hello. I had to point out Will and Jonny also Guy was Nowhere to be seen. Oh and gosh I forgot, Phil came out and had a beautiful blond on his arm, I guess it's his wife, he's married right? See I keep forgetting everything.... MILLER came to the security door, and tried to go thru and they told him NO, he just shook his head and walked off, didn't argue with them or nothing, and who's the older guy that manages them? I don't know his name, but when they did the Morning show in NY he was interviewed??? I saw him all over the place.

That doesn't even cover alot of our trip, but thought you wouldn't want to hear that, just the juciey stuff.

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 12:24 AM
I posted this on the Tampa thread, but this was about The Aftershow party My hubby and another couple were invited too, I was very lucky!!!

I am HOME! I just don't know where to start so, I will say a few things then if you have any questions I will try and answer for you. We got picked up at 5pm, the other couple who won, were very excited, loved Coldplay, but wouldn't recognize them if they were if front of them, as you will read alittle later, We got to the venue, and followed signs that said "Band Friends and Family" with arrows to follow, got to the line and I went up and told them my name, and she said enjoy and handed me my envelope, I am pretty sure this was Arlene as I have seen her pics, I stepped to the side and the other couple went up and Arlene acted like your not on the list, while holding their envelope behind her back, and Leeanne said, "But we won the same as them" looked like she was gonna cry, we opened the envelope and found 2 tickets in the first level seating, they were 3 rows ahead of us. There was allittle slip of paper that Read "AFTERSHOW PART TONIGHT AT WEMBLEY ARENA" then told us directions, Well we almost shit ourselves, hugging each other and trying to catch our breath.
We missed White Lies, and took our seats, THIS PLACE WAS MASSIVE!!!!! Our seats were ok, but the stage looked small, so the pics I took were good, but were of the jumbotron. I had to seats opened next to us, that I was praying nobody would sit down so I could stand and dance, I got lucky, I was the only person standing and singing every song, and doing the hand cross of strawberry swing, only when ViVa came on did people stand, pissed me off, but was in "My own little Bubble".
I had tears for almost every song playing, Viva was deafening, Fix You the same, Chris messed up on THP AGAIN, it's so scripted I had a blast!!!

The after party, was cool, lot's of music playing, this area had 2 floors, we decided to go upstairs cause they had nice comfortable looking sofa's, got our drinks, and the only couch open was by this open door, that had a window, that you could see in if you sat up on the couch abit, the doors had security and was letting nobody in. I thought Hmm, this is where they are. BINGO, Jonny came walking out all full of smiles and as he walked 3 feet away I said" Hi Jonny", he turned to me and said "Hello there" all smiles. He was in a very happy mood, laughing with everyone, and chatting, I got up and moved over to the railing and snapped a pic of him which turned out great, then I moved closer to our couch and took another one, turned out great, all of a sudden I felt someone over my shoulder, it was KELLY, he scared the shit out of me, he said softly.. "What are you doing?",I said "UMM taking a picture of Jonny, he said, "Put the camera away for me", he was actually not too bad, he just scared me, and I put my hands up and said "Hey no problem, not a problem" Cussing under my breath, because for the next hour he kept looking my way making sure I didn't do it again, He told another girl off abit later and he wasn't as nice to her.
WILL comes walking out with his wife, and I said "Hello Will" he turned smiled and said, "Hello", this is hard to not look like a FAN cause he was sitting at the couch next to us talking away with people.
Took a few sips of my drink, look thru the window and the MAN was standing there, had just gotten a shower cause his hair was really wet, he looked thru the doorway, and put his hoodie on with the cap part. I looked at him and he went back in, KELLY still by the doors side, Just then I see Gwyn, man she is so pretty, she was walking and bobbing her head to a Jay Z song that was on. Chris sat down on a couch behind the doors in full view and looked like he was doing an interview, Gwyn stood by him, smiling the whole time, and then I sat back down, and then when I looked back again, she was sitting on his knee, sorry no pics of any of this, and I wouldn't have taken it anyway's. I was shocked they were together in full site of the people on the other side of the door. I will say this.... They are very much together, they were very lovey dovey towards each other, I told my husband, that they wouldn't come out here together, and they didn't. Chris came out and walked 2 feet from us and went to Will's couch and signaled him to go in the back, I guess it was for an interview, as Chris walked past us I said " Hi Chris" he looked like alittle kid and looked our way smiled and said, "Hey, how ya doing?" SMILING like he does. That was all my contact with any of them, I couldn't sneak any pics! I will post pics tomorrow when my daughter gets home, and they will be on facebook, feel free to ask me anything if I didn't touch on any questions you might have. The trip was amazing!!! Oh we didn't get to bed until 3:30am this morning, "Ya know Partying all night with the boy's" and we had a 7am wake up call and the long flight back.

Oh and when Chris walked by the couple we were with didn't recognize him and they asked me if I thought he was coming out, I said He walked 2 feet away from you and even said Hello. I had to point out Will and Jonny also Guy was Nowhere to be seen. Oh and gosh I forgot, Phil came out and had a beautiful blond on his arm, I guess it's his wife, he's married right? See I keep forgetting everything.... MILLER came to the security door, and tried to go thru and they told him NO, he just shook his head and walked off, didn't argue with them or nothing, and who's the older guy that manages them? I don't know his name, but when they did the Morning show in NY he was interviewed??? I saw him all over the place.

That doesn't even cover alot of our trip, but thought you wouldn't want to hear that, just the juciey stuff.

What a fantastic experience! I'm amazed they didn't allow you to at least get photos with the guys and their autographs, though.:dozey:

MartinFan
21-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Hey Mark!!!!! It seemed that most everyone there were family and friends of them by the way they were chatting and laughing, not like fan experiences. I couldn't bring myself to outright ask any of them, cause they were so into their families. I was dying inside tho.
THANK-YOU AGAIN for the best tour guide anyone could ask for!! You knew your stuff and I my husband and I really enjoyed meeting you and everyone else!!! YOU THE BEST for helping us YANKS have a great visit!!!!

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Hey Mark!!!!! It seemed that most everyone there were family and friends of them by the way they were chatting and laughing, not like fan experiences. I couldn't bring myself to outright ask any of them, cause they were so into their families. I was dying inside tho.

I understand where you're coming from, but if it had been me I would have at least had to ask, as that was a possible one-off opportunity.
If you had mentioned you were from Coldplaying, you might have got lucky, who knows........................... ;)

THANK-YOU AGAIN for the best tour guide anyone could ask for!! You knew your stuff and I my husband and I really enjoyed meeting you and everyone else!!! YOU THE BEST for helping us YANKS have a great visit!!!!

My pleasure.;)
Don't forget to check out my pics and vids on FB.;)

Tonsu
21-09-2009, 12:43 AM
As we said, we tried to find coldplayers and give them candies, we saw some of you: Tonsu (was he who spotted us), Ian, Jenjie, Semy, Chelsea; Mimi, Angie, Mel. (sorry if i missed any name).

Yes it was me, so nice to see you from the queue, and I met you on Thursday night, right? So nice you saw everyone else further up :)

Marvellous gig, and wonderful to see David's pics from across the way that included Ian, Jen, little busybee-jen-still-in-the-womb, and myself :P

crazyduckette
21-09-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm going to write a proper review but I just wanted to say that this weekend was even better than I could have hoped for. :stunned: Good company, nice weather (even with the rain outburst), impressive venue, just.... great, great times.
Jay-Z and Coldplay, a perfect gig for me! Just amazing. More tomorrow. Need sleep very badly!!!!

Shoutout to the guys I hung out with, thanks so much for good times and letting me stay with you :nice:

Tonsu
21-09-2009, 12:50 AM

Wow, I'm really surprised to hear that anyone enjoyed Mark's company. From everything I've heard privately in the last few days, from many members here, he is just as unpleasant in real life as he is here on the board. But, glad you had fun :)

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Wow, I'm really surprised to hear that anyone enjoyed Mark's company. From everything I've heard privately in the last few days, from many members here, he is just as unpleasant in real life as he is here on the board. But, glad you had fun :)

I see you're up to your old tricks again, but it won't work.;)
We all know who your "sources" are likely to be, and I'm sure that I could find just as many (if not more) to counter such claims.;)
I'm also pretty sure that they wouldn't include anyone who actually bothered to try to approach or speak to me.;)
I'm pretty sure one of them won't have been Ian, anyway.;)

Tonsu
21-09-2009, 01:12 AM
I see you're up to your old tricks again, but it won't work.;)
We all know who your "sources" are likely to be, and I'm sure that I could find just as many (if not more) to counter such claims.;)
I'm also pretty sure that they wouldn't include anyone who actually bothered to try to approach or speak to me.;)
I'm pretty sure one of them won't have been Ian, anyway.;)

My 'sources' are all people who have personally met you this last week, and there are quite a few of them.

Be interested to see your 'counter-claimers' post here (as I know there are none, though I am glad, honestly, that one or two enjoyed their day with you).

<edit> My mistake, some of the people who have talked about your deeply unpleasant behaviour I have met this week, but you were obnoxious to them in the past.

coldplaying-forever27
21-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Well i never!

Why must people make such horrible remarks about others?

I met Mark at wembley on saturday, and i have not 1 single bad thing to say about him! Infact quite the opposite, he was really helpful and thoughtful for everyone when quizzing the security people on the rules, all to help out the other coldplayers, and freinds. Iwas with him a while, and he introduced me to a coupple of people including Ian, who im sure got on fine with mark too!

Anyway, i know you must stand your ground mark, but maybe its the responses that fuel the flames with this guy, and a slight handful of others who are just unpleasent people, nevertheless.

Keep up the great work Mark, and i hope to meet you again at a show, in a couple of years time!

:)

Tonsu
21-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Well i never!

I met Mark at wembley on saturday, and i have not 1 single bad thing to say about him! Infact quite the opposite, he was really helpful and thoughtful for everyone when quizzing the security people on the rules, all to help out the other coldplayers, and freinds. Iwas with him a while, and he introduced me to a coupple of people including Ian, who im sure got on fine with mark too!

Anyway, i know you must stand your ground mark, but maybe its the responses that fuel the flames with this guy, and a slight handful of others who are just unpleasent people, nevertheless.

Keep up the great work Mark, and i hope to meet you again at a show, in a couple of years time!

WTF????????

Please know something about what you are getting involved in before posting such a message!!

berrywoman
lets try to keep the thread about the good experiences everyone had at the gig and not spoil the thread with needless bashing, please :)

cheers

I want to hear more good stories :)

mc_squared
Well i never!

Thanks for your support, Craig.;)
I did indeed do my best to help others when I could, and have helped out many members "behind-the-scenes" over the years, but have never sought recognition for this.
There were also several members at the gig who either completely ignored me or didn't make an effort to introduce themselves (presumably based on tittle-tattle), which was a shame as we're all meant to be on the same side.
However, that's their choice, of course.
Some people just seem determined to paint someone in a bad way, whatever evidence there might be to the contrary.
I have taken this up with Ian, and hope it gets sorted out once and for all, as this guy clearly isn't going to stop with his vendetta, anyhow.;)

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 01:22 AM
WTF????????

Please know something about what you are getting involved in before posting such a message!!

He does, and he knows what you're up to.;)
If anyone I regard as totally "unbiased" (including Ian) has something negative to say about me, I'd be more than happy to hear it, so I can respond if necessary.
I'm pretty sure most of it can be countered quite easily.;)

Tonsu
21-09-2009, 01:36 AM
He does, and he knows what you're up to.;)
If anyone I regard as totally "unbiased" (including Ian) has something negative to say about me, I'd be more than happy to hear it, so I can respond if necessary.
I'm pretty sure most of it can be countered quite easily.;)

Carry on in your own deeply-unpleasant, delusional little world.

I can forward your mug-shot to the police if they'd like to know who was stalking Chris Martin's house in the early hours of the morning just a little while ago?

Otherwise I guess just go back to what you seem to love so much - bullying teenagers on this website.

And let's get this thread back on track please.

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Carry on in your own deeply-unpleasant, delusional little world.

I can forward your mug-shot to the police if they'd like to know who was stalking Chris Martin's house in the early hours of the morning just a little while ago?

Yet another falsehood. You do appear to be rather good at making up stories, don't you?
Anyway, whether a few of us walked past his house (in the daytime) or not has nothing whatsoever to do with what you were saying.
I'm sure there are quite a few Coldplayers (including Angie) who have done that before.;)

Otherwise I guess just go back to what you seem to love so much - bullying teenagers on this website.

I reckon you should get back to what you seem to love so much - making up stories about people.:smug:

And let's get this thread back on track please.

I think you will find it was you that took it off-track in the first place.;)

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 01:52 AM
lets try to keep the thread about the good experiences everyone had at the gig and not spoil the thread with needless bashing, please :)

Well said.;)

marianatsl
21-09-2009, 01:54 AM
I'm not gonna get into this whole messy affair simply coz it's none of my business.

all i have to say is though, is that if it wasn't for Mark I wouldn't have gotten my ticket and wouldn't have been yesterday at wembley (he texted me to tell me about someone offering a ticket), nor i'd have a coldplaying yellow shirt to wear (but he kindly lent me one of his) and that i 've seen him trying to help so many people with the whole ticket, gates and just the wembley experience overall. So no matter what, I think a person that is nice enough to do all this deserves respect. If you guys wanna argue, PM/MSN/Skype/Facebook/insertthenewcoolestwaytocommunicatehere is there for you to do it, privately.

Now just let us continue dealing with our post gig depression by sharing stories pics and vids.

I will do it tomorrow coz I'm knackered from yesterday and having to work today. But I just want to say that it was such an amazing experience to meet so many of you guys, see again others, and be able to be with all of you in one of the greatest gigs ever (imho). I'll stop now coz i dont want to repeat the tear-y eyes from earlier today in the park... :cry:

tomorrow: photos, vids and review.

:nice:

EDIT: and Chelsea, thanks for everything. hotel tip, company, being a great and well oriented roomate, etc, etc etc :kiss:

PS: Ian, like Chris shouted this afternoon when you were leaving: DAMN YOU for making the website and the board!!!! now we are all sentimental and sad and depressed for saying so many goodbyes - to the band, the tour, the other coldplayers... :bigcry:

Tonsu
21-09-2009, 02:01 AM
marianatsl, so he did you a few small favours/kindnesses, and for that you're gonna forgive him all his unpleasant behaviour, both on this website (over many years) and in real life (also over many years but also particularly in the last few days)?

Open up you eyes!!

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 02:05 AM
I'm not gonna get into this whole messy affair simply coz it's none of my business.

all i have to say is though, is that if it wasn't for Mark I wouldn't have gotten my ticket and wouldn't have been yesterday at wembley (he texted me to tell me about someone offering a ticket), nor i'd have a coldplaying yellow shirt to wear (but he kindly lent me one of his) and that i 've seen him trying to help so many people with the whole ticket, gates and just the wembley experience overall. So no matter what, I think a person that is nice enough to do all this deserves respect.

Thanks, Mari. I really appreciate what you've said. I know that a lot of people have enough respect for you to know that you're not just saying that for the sake of it. That means a lot to me.:cool:

If you guys wanna argue, PM/MSN/Skype/Facebook/insertthenewcoolestwaytocommunicatehere is there for you to do it, privately.

I have no desire to argue with Tonsu either publicly or privately. Both have already been tried, and have failed. I just wish him to stop his petty vendetta.;)

Now just let us continue dealing with our post gig depression by sharing stories pics and vids.

Agreed.

I will do it tomorrow coz I'm knackered from yesterday and having to work today. But I just want to say that it was such an amazing experience to meet so many of you guys, see again others, and be able to be with all of you in one of the greatest gigs ever (imho). I'll stop now coz i dont want to repeat the tear-y eyes from earlier today in the park... :cry:

tomorrow: photos, vids and review.

I shall look forward to them.;)

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 02:20 AM
gonna forgive him all his unplesant behaviour, both on this website (over many years)

She doesn't need to "forgive" anything, as (which has been pointed out by numerous people, including yourself), this is only a message board, and therefore shouldn't have any bearing on what happens in real life. The same goes for you, who has said some extremely offensive and unpleasant things on here in your time.;)

Incidentally, one of the reasons I have a lot of time for Mari is that she has consistently refused to take sides in any squabbles which have nothing to do with her (unlike many others I could mention) and has managed to remain friends with both myself and certain individuals who have decided they don't want to have anything to do with me.
This is how it should be.
She is also very open-minded, which is another big plus point.
If there were more people like her around, the world would be a far better place IMO.;)

and in real life (also over many years but also in the last few days)?

This is completely untrue and clearly a total figment of your imagination. I hadn't actually met anyone from the board before last October, and I totally refute any allegations of "unpleasantness" or "offensiveness" to anyone I've actually met from the board.
I have made efforts via PM to straighten things out with the one person who has unjustly accused me of this (mainly via third parties) but to no avail.
The very worst that might have happened over the past 36 hours is some "mutual" ignoring, but in such cases I am certainly no more than 50 per cent to blame.;)
I certainly got the impression there were several people determined not to talk to me, but that's their choice and their loss, in my opinion.;)

marianatsl
21-09-2009, 02:36 AM
So, who got to see/has pictures of chris shirtless last night?

anyone else thought his back was the epitome of yummy-ness?

Tonsu
21-09-2009, 02:37 AM
Yawn...ok Mark.

I've met people in the last few days who have met you over this tour and found you very unpleasant. I've met people who met you in the last few days who found you very unpleasant. You've been downright nasty to some members here on this forum who left in the end and went elsewhere (we all know that old story, so we can leave that if you want?)

You also were stalking Chris Martin's house, which is VERY uncool, and also possibly a police matter (by all accounts of your behaviour).

We can leave it there if you want. Equally, we can carry it on. Up to you. I'm just glad that through my posts some members here will know just what you're like for the future,

Now, back to topic and the incredible gig that was the 19th :)

marie/pims
21-09-2009, 02:39 AM

OMG SO GREAT!!!!:D:D:D:D Gwyneth and Chris seem really cute together :)
Too bad you didn't see Guy but you're so lucky

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 02:59 AM
I've met people in the last few days who have met you over this tour and found you very unpleasant. I've met people who met you in the last few days who found you very unpleasant.

If that's true, please name names, and we'll handle it from there. Even better would be if these people actually have the guts to confront me about something that didn't actually happen. If so, please bring it on (and that doesn't include the matter we have already spoken and disagreed about at length).;)

You've been downright nasty to some members here on this forum who left in the end and went elsewhere (we all know that old story, so we can leave that if you want?)

As I said previously, anything that may or may not have happened on the board (which is only a messageboard) between me and other individuals has nothing whatsoever to do with anything that might have happened in real life.
I'm still waiting for you to come up with irrefutable evidence of this.;)
99 per cent of the time yesterday I was accompanied by other members, so it will be interesting to see what has actually been said, if anything.;)

You also were stalking Chris Martin's house, which is VERY uncool, and also possibly a police matter (by all accounts of you behaviour).

To my knowledge, nobody has been "stalking" Chris Martin's house, not even Angie.;)

We can leave it there if you want.

That's what I've been trying to do for weeks, but you keep on making your false accusations in public, despite numerous efforts to get you to stop.

Equally, we can carry it on. Up to you. I'm just glad that through my posts some members here will know just what you're like for the future

No they won't, because firstly, they are probably open-minded enough not to believe things they're told by someone they don't even know, and secondly, they will see it only as meaningless drivel being posted by someone on a messageboard in the form of some kind of personal "crusade".;)

Now, back to topic and the incredible gig that was the 19th :)

If you stop with the unpleasantries and false accusations, maybe that will be possible.;)
As I've said on numerous occasions already, if you wish to "ignore" me then fine, but please refrain from posting your slanderous accusations. Thank you.

Tonsu
21-09-2009, 03:06 AM
So, back to what people thought of the 19th? :)

mrman78
21-09-2009, 03:21 AM

That's Angie and Lori!

Lore
21-09-2009, 03:22 AM
and Mimi and Mel :P

mrman78
21-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Oh ha, I didn't scroll over! I have never seen Mimi before, but I think I've seen Mel in some other pics, ha! That's a great picture though.

roche714
21-09-2009, 04:37 AM
So, who got to see/has pictures of chris shirtless last night?

anyone else thought his back was the epitome of yummy-ness?

Why did Chris have his shirt off??Would love to see some pics>

aniskywalker
21-09-2009, 05:29 AM
I think he has taken off his shirt because it was completely wet from the rain - just ahead of me. But it was so dark, that is visible on my photo, unfortunately, nothing :(

jenflor
21-09-2009, 05:31 AM
Wow, everyone!
sounds like the night was absolutely fantastic! Loved all the reviews, pics and videos. It was almost like I was there... almost. ;)
So glad so many Coldplayers got to get together and enjoy this unforgettable night!

@Martinfan- it's awesome that you got to attend such a private event! I'm sorry you didn't get to get autographs or take more pics, but so great that you were there! Hope it made up for missing Tampa. :)

Noémie
21-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for all the reviews! :) :)

This must have been such a great experience! I'm so glad for you! :)

So what exactly did you win? Was it a competition?
Sorry if you said it earlier, maybe I missed it....

Poor Miller!!! I felt so sorry for him when I read this!
Why didn't they allow him to enter??

And the other guy you're talking about: maybe it's their manager Dave Holmes?

Thanks for your review! :)
Looking forward to seeing the pictures you managed to take. :)

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 08:44 AM
At one point we were wondering if the C-stage would actually go ahead - watching the roadies clear buckets of water from the under the stage

In that case it appears that "Glass of Water" nearly actually became "Bucket of Water" for the night!:P

aniskywalker
21-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Our pics:

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/19092009967-1.jpg
Johku and Ani

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/19092009966-1.jpg
TwistedMind, Dark_Sofie, Ani and ClocksInMyPlace

http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/190920091000.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/190920091002.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/190920091008.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/190920091013.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/190920091016.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/190920091018.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/190920091024.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/190920091025.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/190920091028.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/190920091039.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/19092009990.jpg
http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh395/aniskywalker5/My%20Coldplay%20stuff/19092009997.jpg

katja
21-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Great pics, nicole!!! But where is the shirtless chris pic?????:D

Jay Niguez
21-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Damn.
Just damn.
White Lies - excellent.
Girls Aloud - never heard them before, but they did their thing really well.
Jay-Z - I think I don't need to comment. :awesome:
Coldplay - No comment needed.

At some points I couldn't understand my own "singing" (which was more like a screaming).
I was located right in front of the B-Stage (this is the Stage with Talk/GPASUYF & The Hardest Part+Postcards From Far Away), right?
I'll upload my pictures, as soon as my brother gives them to me.

Damn, this evening was amazing.
At some points I felt like my voice would never be normal again. :awesome:

I was very lucky as many Jay-Z fans were in my area. :D

aniskywalker
21-09-2009, 09:20 AM
I was very lucky as many Jay-Z fans were in my area. :D

I've got Jay-Z's guitar plek :D

Jay Niguez
21-09-2009, 09:27 AM
I've got Jay-Z's guitar plek :D:o:o:o
Good one!:D

a-chan
21-09-2009, 09:32 AM
I was located right in front of the B-Stage (this is the Stage with Talk/GPASUYF & The Hardest Part+Postcards From Far Away), right?
:stunned: we were not far from each other!!! Coldplayers managed to get the best spots!

Great reviews and pics everyone!!

aniskywalker
21-09-2009, 09:34 AM
:o:o:o
Good one!:D

Haha, I think I've a lot good karma :D

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 09:36 AM

The feeling is mutual, David, but I'm sure Bea told you this anyway.:D
Maybe next time!:wink2:
I had a great time with Bea and the others on Friday as well.:D

Jay Niguez
21-09-2009, 09:40 AM
:stunned: we were not far from each other!!! Coldplayers managed to get the best spots!
Great reviews and pics everyone!!
Wow! Where were you?
Maybe you've seen me. :D
Yes, this how it should be! :dance: :nice:

Haha, I think I've a lot good karma :DHehe, yes. But I guess you've worked hard for it. :smiley:

but a dream
21-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Hi all, still can't upload my pics because I'm using a public terminal... Got a couple of good closeups @ the C-stage (mostly of Jonny :P But he was the closest of the 4 to me). He giggled @ my Jonny is my Guitar Hero banner just for a split second before going back to the business of playing his tambourine.

aniskywalker
21-09-2009, 09:51 AM
@Arizzo: Really? I don't know :D I think, I'm just always at the right place at the right time ;)

aniskywalker
21-09-2009, 09:52 AM
dp

Jay Niguez
21-09-2009, 10:07 AM
@Arizzo: Really? I don't know :D I think, I'm just always at the right place at the right time ;)But you show up really early, so ... ;) :D
Would you take a photo of the plek? :shy:
I haven't seen any of his pleks yet. :confused::(

aniskywalker
21-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I'll make a pic when my daughter is back - she has the plek in moment ;)
And yes, I show up really early :rolleyes:

busybeeburns
21-09-2009, 10:13 AM
PS: Ian, like Chris shouted this afternoon when you were leaving: DAMN YOU for making the website and the board!!!! now we are all sentimental and sad and depressed for saying so many goodbyes - to the band, the tour, the other coldplayers... :bigcry:It's all my fault :bigcry: :bigcry: :embarassed:

a-chan
21-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Wow! Where were you?
Maybe you've seen me. :D
That's possible, but I didn't recognize you...Had you a yellow t-shirt??

I was there (follow the red spot with the arrow)

http://i33.tinypic.com/2evg4rn.jpg

Jay Niguez
21-09-2009, 10:50 AM
That's possible, but I didn't recognize you...Had you a yellow t-shirt??Ah, I looked in your direction - very often, but I didn't recognize you neither. :(
No, unfortunately not. :confused:
But my brother & me were wearing white Jay-Z Blueprint III tshirts & Viva La Vida caps.
We were here (yellow "circle") - I'm the person in white, as my brother was still wearing his jacket at this time. :D
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1430/32466397.jpg

busybeeburns
21-09-2009, 10:52 AM
hehe there I am again, in the very top left corner stood up in the seats with my yellow tee on :D

busybeeburns
21-09-2009, 10:53 AM
http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/coldplay-243x392.jpg

Wild cheers for Jay Z and Coldplay in firework finale

Only a serious success story could book as their support act a man who is currently number one all over the world.

Jay-Z, the biggest rapper of the day, willingly played second fiddle to a bunch of posh boys as they concluded a 15-month world tour, ending up rolling around in a manly embrace with Coldplay’s Chris Martin after their unlikely duet, Lost!
This odd couple proved something we’ve known for some time: everybody loves Coldplay.

At Wembley, even those who once thought them bedwetters would have been forced to admit there were teeth to the hurtling riff of Glass Of Water, and a power to Will Champion’s drums on Clocks that could be felt internally.

Martin remains terrifically likeable, flying around the huge stage with all the joy of a boy doing airplanes at a wedding disco. He can get away with things, including allowing Champion to sing and inviting actor Simon Pegg on for a screechingly embarrassing harmonica solo, because there was never more than a minute between fabulous melodies.

While 42 added complexity to their deceptively simple formula but kept the tunes, the soaring battle cry of Viva La Vida carried on in the crowd long after the song had finished.

Though they didn’t match the spectacles of Take That and U2 here this summer (Yellow’s giant yellow balloons can’t have taxed these creative minds too much) they owned Wembley this weekend.

At the firework finale, the rap king and commoners alike were right to cheer wildly.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/

a-chan
21-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Ah, I looked in your direction - very often, but I didn't recognize you neither. :(
Well, I didn't see you... Since I'm short, when I turned around I only see a sea of heads :lol:

@Ian: you're such a star :cool: Mr Coldplaying is everywhere!

green eyes88
21-09-2009, 11:36 AM
i saw them at wembley on saturday too! my second time seeing them, it was amazing!!

http://www.facebook.com/vita.greenberg?ref=nf#/video/video.php?v=1235806775965&comments

Cobalt
21-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Aussies: Would it be correct to say Mercury Rev is to Australia as Girls Aloud is to Wembley?

Cobalt
21-09-2009, 12:06 PM
dp of atrocity

Cobalt
21-09-2009, 12:14 PM
tp of monstrocity

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 12:16 PM
^Was that really worth three posts?:dozey:

Noémie
21-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Aussies: Would it be correct to say Mercury Rev is to Australia as Girls Aloud is to Wembley?

Really?!

johkujii
21-09-2009, 12:26 PM
really? :o
i didn't knew who you are i'm afraid :embarassed: did you went to the pre-meeting on thursday or the coldplay tour in london on friday? :thinking:
[COLOR=Navy]

No I didn't go to either one..I came on friday and left VERY early on sunday morning :(
I was the one with the redish hair, I was wearing a coldplay jacket or coldplay hoodie (i changed sometimes.. :D) and um..well the coldplaying shirt..and me and my friend had this airmatress that we sat on..? :D ring a bell? :rolleyes:

Cobalt
21-09-2009, 12:52 PM
^Was that really worth three posts?:dozey:

Accidental. It is a trifecta of terribleness.

Really?!

Just curious to what they think, having suffered the former earlier in March.

Maltkvist
21-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Just got my phone working again after it got soaked during fix you when i recorded.

But..

Wow, i almost can't believe i was there!! It was just so.. Wow, i can't describe my feeling right now! I'll just let the word Love do it :)

Also met some very friendly coldplayers, really nice to talk:)

still at my hotel in London, leaving tomorrow. Stayed
here yesterday because my legs hurt that bad! But it was all worth it!

Thank you, for the best concert ever!!
Love
/Henry

mc_squared
21-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Just got my phone working again after it got soaked during fix you when i recorded.

But..

Wow, i almost can't believe i was there!! It was just so.. Wow, i can't describe my feeling right now! I'll just let the word Love do it :)

Also met some very friendly coldplayers, really nice to talk:)

still at my hotel in London, leaving tomorrow. Stayed
here yesterday because my legs hurt that bad! But it was all worth it!

Thank you, for the best concert ever!!
Love
/Henry

Hi Henry! I met you in the queue. Whereabouts did you end up inside? Front row?

marianatsl
21-09-2009, 02:39 PM
whoever knows me here, knows i talk way too much, so obviously, my review is way too long. Sorry!!!!!!!

I thought I’d start writing this already, otherwise all the ‘fresh-ness’ of the post-concert would fade (even though I’m only doing 2 days later coz was way too knackered to do it before). Things started on the 18th, when Chelsea and I decided to go to the stadium to check out queues, entrances and even got listen to most of the 18th concert from outside the stadium. We had then decided that we were spending the night and Semy joined us. In the end, with everyone leaving Wembley and the place getting quite deserted we changed our minds and went home - we could all do with a little sleep and an early trip back to the stadium the next day - we knew it was going to be a loooong day.

5am. We are in the tube station waiting to head to Wembley and start our saga. Got to the stadium just before 6am and after I did the rounds on all entrances we found that about 20 people in total had queued overnight. We were the third ‘group’ in our queue, so basically, in the front. Was good to find some cold playing folks around and as the morning went by, more and more yellow shirts kept appearing.

After reassurances from staff that I’d manage to get in with my ticket on the ‘wrong’ queue, I decided to risk it and stay at H and J, where I knew most people. More Coldplaying people kept arriving, joining us in our queue, or coming to visit from other queues. Everything felt like it was a big family reunion. That feeling certainly helped the first 5 hours fly by, even though the second 5 went by slooooow. We had already made new friends in the queue, got people interested on the forum, loads wanting the yellow shirt. All done with a lot of Jaffa cakes going around. Almost 2 hours before the gates open things got messy at the queue and everyone was standing. We saw a lot of people ‘steal’ places from the ones who were queuing from early on, and we were decided we’d do everything to possible to avoid that people from the back passed us when the time came to go in.

When they finally ‘let the dogs out’ (at least it felt like that, since security didn’t even cut the ribbon and just made us through it, under it, over it), we ran for our lives - and for the closest spot possible to the stage. Loads of security screaming at us “STOP RUNNING”, “SLOW DOWN” - to which we only responded “IT’S POWER WALKING, IT’S POWER WALKING!!!” - When the pitch came to sight, I just heard Kara screaming: “THERE’S STILL SPACE ON FRON ROW”, my heart felt like it was going to come out through my mouth. I saw it, the empty pitch. And the almost empty front row. We “power walked” there, and hugged the front row railing, not to be thankful, but to try and save space to the others coming behind us. We made it. Front Row. Wembley. Last gig of the tour. I couldn’t stop shaking. Or almost crying of happiness.

White Lies came on and even though I had never heard any song I was impressed. They were really good. Really good start. Then, Girls Aloud. To me, they are a bad Spice Girls wannabe. Robotic, not really good dancers and simply annoying. I do admit I danced during the famous catchy songs. And have to say that Cheryl Cole - the only one I know who she is - is really pretty. And then Jay-Z. I had already heard the people here talking about how great he was and it was all true!!!! The man is an absolute showman, and engages the crowd in an amazing way. The songs were awesome and his attention to everyone in the crowd, pointing out person by person that was going crazy with him made me want to be his new best friend!!! He noticed us - well, he knows Jizo loves him. And he loves Jizo back - and he gave a shout to “you, the yellow group there”! Ha! We caught Jay’s attention!!

Now, the wait for THEM. Minutes before it starts, rain. First lightly, but by the time Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy came to stage it was pouring. It was beautiful. I felt like the rain was washing our souls after so much stress and was welcoming the guys. It was a “Rainy Day”. When Chris first came out in the rain, the first reaction was towards Jonny - “it’s REALLY raining” I saw him saying to him - but that didn’t make anyone get less excited. Crowd or band. At some points it almost seemed like the rain was pouring according to the music. The strongest and fastest Clocks got, the strongest the rain poured. The Gods were listening to the concert. Listening to “Glass of Water” live was just amazing. Listening to the crowd chanting during CoL gave me chills. Fix you on the front row. Brought me memories back from when they played in Brazil. I missed the lantern. I always do. And I always cry…
Strawberry swing, I just kept wishing Super Chris would show up. He was there, not wearing a cape, but there.

Before hitting Stage B Chris goes to the end of the stage and changes his shirt. Shirtless Chris! What?! Gorgeous back! Stage B I couldn’t see a thing. When the band took their places back on stage while Chris would do THP and Postcards, the Jonnyfest up the front started calling out “Jonny, Jonny”, the stage was dark, but we could see him greening embarrassedly. when the crowd started chanting to VLV between THP and Postcards, Chris laughed and said: “Could you just wait for one more song?”.

VLV was amazing, as always. 70k people chanting is a strong sound. And Chris was encouraging us to keep on singing even after the song was done. Only to interrupt us with Lost +. Jay Z joins. He should be with them every concert. It’s just amazing.

Again I couldn’t find stage C. I just leaned on the railing and enjoyed the music. Trouble was beautiful. I don’t have words to describe. And Billie Jean seems to ave come to replace “Back for good”.

Politik, incredible and strong as always. And Lovers in Japan. OMG. SO MANY BUTTERFLIES. The image of Wembley’s Arch almost invisible because of the butterflies was just perfect. And the neon butterflies. I cried. It was all just too beautiful. And I knew I’d never see anything like that again

When they were thanking the crowd, the “Jonny, Jonny” re-started. He heard us again. And so did Chris. And Will. They were laughing. They were genuinely happy and couldn’t hide it. They came back, as always. The Scientist was beautiful, but LiT ii, with the fireworks, with the atmosphere, the people around, with the band’s smile... Just a perfect moment. Now it was all gone. We saw them hugging on the corner of the stage, Phil joining. Just one of those moments you’ll always have in your memory.

Outside re-meeting the Coldplayers. A mass of yellow wet shirts. Happy faces. Sad faces. Crying faces. Quickly saying our goodbyes, taking pictures, chatting. The family was together once more. And on Sunday, at the after gig meeting, once again. It was a sad picnic. Everyone was tired. Everyone knew it was all over - at least for this tour - and even though some tried to avoid it, we cried. It was an emotional moment. And chanting to VLV every time someone left the park just made my heart a little bit smaller. I don’t know when I’ll see you guys again, but I do know that whenever there is another concert, there’s no other group I want to be with.

This weekend was the end of an Era. The Viva Era.

Thank you soooooo much to all of you guys, coz if it wasn’t for the Coldplaying family the concert would have been good, but not nearly as amazing as the whole experience was.

PS: Ian, we still hate you for making the website. I’m crying again.

marsu
21-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Back from london.

Arrived at Wembley at 8 o'clock, we were 4 friends with 2 tickets gate M/N and 2 tickets with gate B/C. We exchanged tickets with Anna and Perrine (thanks again). Waiting was long but we walked to see others coldplayers and finally 15 O'clock arrived soon.

When gate opened i was surprised by the stadium. it's big. Many people were standing on front row. We managed to get front of the b-stage. I saw Aurelie (a-chan) we communicated by signs during the waiting and girl's Aloud...
I liked White Lies, but girl's Aloud was boring... Jay-z is good, but it's definitly not my music style...

And the rain began and Coldplay arrived. Concert was great despite the rain. All songs were good, and Coldplay were great. There were a special energy. It was brilliant. Gig passed so quickly. The B-Stage was wonderful, saw them so close :D

It was a great moment, and great week end. Return is very difficult.

Some pics i made.
(and sorry for my english...)

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9421_1118577172534_1470174915_30302884_6408000_n.j pg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9421_1118577252536_1470174915_30302886_3226448_n.j pg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs267.snc1/9421_1118577332538_1470174915_30302888_1131602_n.j pg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs267.snc1/9421_1118577372539_1470174915_30302889_4939101_n.j pg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs267.snc1/9421_1118577572544_1470174915_30302894_3019115_n.j pg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9421_1118577732548_1470174915_30302898_2141997_n.j pg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9421_1118577812550_1470174915_30302900_7684569_n.j pg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9421_1118577972554_1470174915_30302903_8510_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs267.snc1/9421_1118578052556_1470174915_30302905_6626631_n.j pg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9421_1118578172559_1470174915_30302908_7317936_n.j pg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9421_1118578532568_1470174915_30302917_5951224_n.j pg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9421_1118578692572_1470174915_30302921_5559937_n.j pg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9421_1118578772574_1470174915_30302923_6399770_n.j pg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9421_1118578732573_1470174915_30302922_2483096_n.j pg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs267.snc1/9421_1118578892577_1470174915_30302926_1309758_n.j pg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs267.snc1/9421_1118578852576_1470174915_30302925_1274433_n.j pg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9421_1118578972579_1470174915_30302928_7111565_n.j pg

milesahead89
21-09-2009, 03:27 PM
wasn't glass of water played before Yellow? the setlist on the front page is wrong.

Khalplay
21-09-2009, 03:54 PM
MILLER MARRY MEEEE

(too much to read and to write, but I'll be back :D)

johkujii
21-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Aw Mariana what a great review! I cried in the end :lol:

! Last night I went to sleep and I had my three glowsticks on my table next to my bed and I shut the lights and TWO OF THEM WERE STILL GLOWING! :stunned: I kept looking at those and just couldn't sleep.. I put LRLRL on and fell asleep I think after fix you.. weird that they were still glowing after more than 24 hours!

And I had a dream where I went next to the b-stage after the gig and asked for a setlist or something and I didn't get it, but the roadie was like "well do you want the piano? we don't need it anymore!" I was like "YESS" and he carried it outside for me and I was happily walking down the Wembley ramps with my VIVA piano :laugh3:

Imke
21-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Aw Mariana what a great review! I cried in the end :lol:

! Last night I went to sleep and I had my three glowsticks on my table next to my bed and I shut the lights and TWO OF THEM WERE STILL GLOWING! :stunned: I kept looking at those and just couldn't sleep.. I put LRLRL on and fell asleep I think after fix you.. weird that they were still glowing after more than 24 hours!

And I had a dream where I went next to the b-stage after the gig and asked for a setlist or something and I didn't get it, but the roadie was like "well do you want the piano? we don't need it anymore!" I was like "YESS" and he carried it outside for me and I was happily walking down the Wembley ramps with my VIVA piano :laugh3:

:lol: That last part just made me laugh so hard. :laugh3: Did you manage to get it onto the plane? :lol: ;)

a-chan
21-09-2009, 04:10 PM
MILLER MARRY MEEEE

(too much to read and to write, but I'll be back :D)
Aurélie and I didn't hear you scream before the gig...We had a 'mime marceau moment' trying to find out why and Aurélie suggested that you me be 'aphone' cause you were sick...So finally, you did scream?!! Pity we didn't hear you!
Anyway, we saw your man playing tarzan on one of the right metal scale! :D

Maltkvist
21-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Hi Henry! I met you in the queue. Whereabouts did you end up inside? Front row?

Hey!
Yeah after everyone ran in, i tried my best to get to the front. People were really pushing!
Anyway, i ended up just a bit to the left of the left camera behind only one person. So i had great view of everything :)

think i've never had that much energy during a concert before! There's so much i could write, but i'm gonna wait until i get home.

But i really want to say: Fix You during the pouring rain.... Don't know if it was my tears streaming down my face..<3 it was so great!!!

And again, really nice to meet some of you people! Where did you end up?

/Henry

johkujii
21-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Imke: I don't know, I woke up right before the huge stairs infront of Wembley Park tube station :D luckily i woke up then, dragging the piano up the stairs probably would've changed it into a nightmare :D

a-chan
21-09-2009, 04:23 PM
But i really want to say: Fix You during the pouring rain.... Don't know if it was my tears streaming down my face..<3 it was so great!!!

+1000000000 Very moving!!!
The 'rain part' was really incredible and strangely I hope they keep it IF there is a DVD of Wembley. It created such an amazing/surreal atmosphere...so beautiful!!!

Imke
21-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Imke: I don't know, I woke up right before the huge stairs infront of Wembley Park tube station :D luckily i woke up then, dragging the piano up the stairs probably would've changed it into a nightmare :D

:laugh3: I wonder why your mind was going for the piano and not a guitar or a harmonica ... :thinking: :lol:

johkujii
21-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I have no idea :D maube because the piano was right in front of me before the B-stage part? :rolleyes: the hottest thing ever is Chris falling off of his piano chair (like streching down), you know what I mean..? :bomb:

busybeeburns
21-09-2009, 04:37 PM
And I had a dream where I went next to the b-stage after the gig and asked for a setlist or something and I didn't get it, but the roadie was like "well do you want the piano? we don't need it anymore!" I was like "YESS" :laugh3:

Imke
21-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I have no idea :D maube because the piano was right in front of me before the B-stage part? :rolleyes: the hottest thing ever is Chris falling off of his piano chair (like streching down), you know what I mean..? :bomb:

:bomb: @ Chris

:laugh3: I can totally understand it though ... I think I would have had a similar dream, but I probably would have fought to get the piano into the overhead bin in the plane. :lol:

lindam
21-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Yay I got the network now so here comes my review. I'll try to keep it short. :P

Me and Johku arrived to Wembley at about 6.30am. We were a little bit confused about the queues 'cause we thought there would be only two of them. We decided to stay at the H/J queue (I at first had the M/N gate in my ticket but we switched them later just to make sure) with Chelsea, Semy and Mariana. More coldplaying people arrived a little later. Thank you so much for the company everyone! :nice: The time went so fast and we had so much fun at the queue!

So before the gates opened it was all so crazy! I was panicing and so excited and so was everyone else. Then there was this announcement "the gates are now open" or something like that. The guard screamed "GO!" and we run for our lives! My leg was broken but I didn't even remember it :D so we got to the pitch and I saw this empty space almost in the middle of the front row and I have never run so fast as then! Johku managed to get to the front row and I was like half in it, but I willingly went to the second row 'cause it was so friggin tight. After all I got to the FRONT ROW 'cause there were two girls in front of me who were there just to see Jay-Z and they left after that. I still can't believe it, I can't even describe the feeling!! The final, first row at Wembley!!

Well back to the support acts. White lies were really good. I liked them a lot. But Girls Aloud were horrible to me. :D Didn't like them at all, I think they were kind of fake. Then Jay-Z. He was great and the atmosphere was so awesome!

The feeling when the lights went out and it started to rain. It was so exciting! The whole time Coldplay played was just so perfection. I was crying and laughing alternately for the whole time. I loved Violet Hill and In My Place in the beginning. And Glass Of Water was so great! I hadn't heard it live since Prospekt's March wasn't released last year I saw them at Stockholm. Yellow was great too of course. Fix You and after that Strawberry Swing were just perfect. So touched during Fix You and then happy tiers during Strawberry Swing. and before they got to the B stage Chris changed his shirt on stage! Viva La Vida was awesome (as always) and then Lost+ was too! Trouble, it was so sensible. It was such a beautiful moment. Cried so much. Politik was amazing. Lovers In Japan and the butterflies. The atmosphere was something that I'll never forget.

They were all in a really good mood! Seemed so happy and they really had a good time! The hug on the stage was so lovely, but unfortunately I didn't see Phil joining. :( And we had finnish flags with "Finland :heart: Coldplay" in it and at least Guy and Chris saw them. :smiley: And Johku had that "Shiver?" sign and Guy read it and his face was priceless. :lol: I think that Chris saw it too. The final was everything I had imagined and so much more! It was such a perfect day! Still can't believe it all happened. Thank you so much to you all! :heart:

/edit: I forgot to give a mention to Billie Jean which I think was especially brilliant on Saturday.

I will upload some photos later.

Liam
21-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Just got back from a brilliant weekend in london!
Friday night me and the girlfriend went for a few drinks and then a walk around Wembley while the concert was on we had a listen outside!
Saw 2 Coldplayers who were queuing at 9pm for the saturday show, thats insane, 2 girls it was not sure who it was on here?
And we also spoke to a sweedish guy called Henry? His friends had gone to see Coldplay and left him outside with there suitcases bless him!
Then at the end of the concert we were outside the entrance or exit and all the traffic was stopped coldplay finished and a car came immediatley speeding out asuming it had Chris martin in it but dont know what happened to the rest of the band

Saturday night was just awesome, didnt get to the stadium till bout 7.30pm but caught the end of Jay Z, he really was amazing but Coldplay came on and were even better

Chris didnt seem his usual self to me though he looked either ill or very very tired!

johkujii
21-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Imke, me too! :D Our plane was really small so it might have been a problem tho :D (like it otherwise wouldnt..:rolleyes:

Imke
21-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Imke, me too! :D Our plane was really small so it might have been a problem tho :D (like it otherwise wouldnt..:rolleyes:

:lol: I'm just imagining the stewardess from "Meet the parents" trying to force me to check the piano in and I would say "No! It's not like there's a freaking bomb in it!" :lol:

Liam
21-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Who were the 2 girls queuing from 9pm from the night before?

Noémie
21-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Such amazing reviews and pictures!!
Thanks everyone! :)

At some points it almost seemed like the rain was pouring according to the music. The strongest and fastest Clocks got, the strongest the rain poured. The Gods were listening to the concert. Listening to “Glass of Water” live was just amazing. Listening to the crowd chanting during CoL gave me chills. Fix you on the front row. Brought me memories back from when they played in Brazil. I missed the lantern. I always do. And I always cry…

One word: beautiful.

I miss the lantern too...

when the crowd started chanting to VLV between THP and Postcards, Chris laughed and said: “Could you just wait for one more song?”.

:lol:

We saw them hugging on the corner of the stage, Phil joining. Just one of those moments you’ll always have in your memory.

I wish I could have seen that. Probably unforgettable yes...

johkujii
21-09-2009, 05:15 PM
which gate? that'll make it easier to recognize ;)

Liam
21-09-2009, 05:18 PM
which gate? that'll make it easier to recognize ;)

Gates M&N i think it was

Texasluvsjonny
21-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Here's one of my Jonny pics.
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt109/ac040404/Wembley/LondonSept2009100.jpg

johkujii
21-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Nice Angie! :thumbsup:

Stefan8
21-09-2009, 05:58 PM
How are all your pictures so sharp? :lol:

crazyduckette
21-09-2009, 06:05 PM
WHOA! :o NICE JONNYBOY!!! :drunk:

Angie.... I had to deal with a fucking stinking Chelsea fan with B.O sitting next to me on the train home. I really feel your pain for the 18th gig now and the fish-boy who was next to you!!! :\

Texasluvsjonny
21-09-2009, 06:06 PM
How are all your pictures so sharp? :lol:Cuz I got skilz bitches! :P

Liam
21-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Advice to anyone who goes to see coldplay in wembley again (if they do it again)
Do not stay in the premier inn or anywhere in wembley actually, the place is so boring!

sp★rkle
21-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Here's one of my Jonny pics.
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt109/ac040404/Wembley/LondonSept2009100.jpg

I've never seen Jonny's eyes this pretty. :dreamy:

Zeya
21-09-2009, 06:13 PM

Actually that's not really the case for me.
Surely the first day was a bit hard to go through them because I was dying to see Coldplay for the first time, but as I gave them more listens I find that their music is actually good.

Texasluvsjonny
21-09-2009, 06:15 PM
WHOA! :o NICE JONNYBOY!!! :drunk:

Angie.... I had to deal with a fucking stinking Chelsea fan with B.O sitting next to me on the train home. I really feel your pain for the 18th gig now and the fish-boy who was next to you!!! :\Ewwwwwww more BO peeps. :angry:
I had a bus trip to the Bakery this morning to just drive by it. Then was really sad so I took the boat down to Greenwich and spent the day there in the sunshine. Came back the the bloody puppets took my pic getting off the boat at Westminster pier! Fucking hell, the stalker becomes the stalked. :stunned:

http://www.coldplay.com/uploads/IMG_1480%20(Small).JPG

johkujii
21-09-2009, 06:26 PM
:lol: @ Angie :D

here are a few pics by me (I didn't take any during Coldplay, wanted to enjoy it :rolleyes: and they really suck so I'm sorry :D)

http://i33.tinypic.com/zjtt3a.jpg
still quite empty

http://i36.tinypic.com/nbugch.jpg
lovely chelsea

http://i33.tinypic.com/2551k3m.jpg
Whities

http://i37.tinypic.com/2rr8j14.jpg
the coldplayers on the other side :D

http://i35.tinypic.com/4vqtyf.jpg
sorry, I know they're blurry, but I still wanted to post them, they're so funny :D

http://i36.tinypic.com/20zbpe1.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/nx058m.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/qys1eg.jpg
such a useless pic, but who cares :rolleyes:

well all I got to say for myself is that my camera sucks :D I have two videos still, but I have to go to the other computer to download them, so you're not gonna get them yet ;)

I can't wait for pictures by Mariana with her lovely new camera!! :D

johkujii
21-09-2009, 06:27 PM
:lol: @ Angie :D

here are a few pics by me (I didn't take any during Coldplay, wanted to enjoy it :rolleyes: and they really suck so I'm sorry :D)

http://i33.tinypic.com/zjtt3a.jpg
still quite empty

http://i36.tinypic.com/nbugch.jpg
lovely chelsea

http://i33.tinypic.com/2551k3m.jpg
Whities

http://i37.tinypic.com/2rr8j14.jpg
the coldplayers on the other side :D

http://i35.tinypic.com/4vqtyf.jpg
sorry, I know they're blurry, but I still wanted to post them, they're so funny :D

http://i36.tinypic.com/20zbpe1.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/nx058m.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/qys1eg.jpg
such a useless pic, but who cares :rolleyes:

well all I got to say for myself is that my camera sucks :D I have two videos still, but I have to go to the other computer to download them, so you're not gonna get them yet ;)

I can't wait for pictures by Mariana with her lovely new camera!! :D

karenb51
21-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi! My first post over here (am usually to be found on The Killers forum :)), I just thought I'd copy and paste my little review and share my pics with you all, even though you've probably seen hundreds by now!

What a fantastic show on Saturday! I was totally blown away by the energy of the band and crowd, especially in our spot. We were only about 10-15 rows from the front, just off to the right of centre stage. Everyone was happy, we all had plenty of room, and people were just basically up for having a great time. The rain made it a million times better, after hours and hours of the heat and sweat and being stood around, people were just revelling in it. I was completely soaked to the skin by the time they came out, you could see Chris think 'oh bollocks to it' and he just ran out into the downpour! You can see how drenched he got from the first couple of pics.

It was a novel experience for me to see a band this huge without having really paid any attention to previous setlists or performances from the rest of the tour, so it was totally fresh and interesting to me. I've seen The Killers 3 times in quick succession this year and it does take away a little of the magic when you get almost the same setlist for the third time.

The butterfly release was spectacular, I was so afraid it was still going to be raining and ruin it, but thankfully it was dry and I have a massive handful of them at home. Highlights for me were The Scientist, Yellow, Politik, Fix You, VLV, and Lovers In Japan. You could feel how emotional it was at the end, but I think the crowd gave them a good send off!

I never got a sniff of any LRLRL cds, but I saw people with them so they must have been around. I've read that the giveaway has been a shambles pretty much everywhere though so I half expected it.

White Lies were great as always, the less said about Girls Aloud the better, and Jay-Z was fantastic. I loved how he picked individuals out from the crowd and said thanks.

Some of the pics I took (sorry so many!):

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010652.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010656.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010660.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010669.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010671.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010673.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010676.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010693.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010695.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010732.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010733.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010743.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010745.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010748.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/P1010749.jpg

I have all the rest of my pics (including WL, GA and Jay-Z pics) here (http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/karenb51_photo/Coldplay%20at%20Wembley%20Stadium%202009/). I was so tempted to try and get my DSLR in but after watching someone else's get soaked in beer, I'm glad I didn't!

Khalplay
21-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Who were the 2 girls queuing from 9pm from the night before?
We were 3 (Chavi, Carlaatje and I), and we arrived BEFORE 9pm :D

johkujii
21-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Great pics ms The Killers! :D Thank you for posting them! and welcome to coldplaying!

Oh btw I got TWO LRLRL!! They were giving them out at the M&N gate right next to where we met after for the pic! I ran when I saw a man with boxes giving them out and I was so happy I got it so I said "KIITOS!" to the man (kiitos=thank you in finnish) :D his expression was priceless and I just smiled VERY widely at him :D and then I got the other one when we went to the wembley park tube station, there was a man giving them out there too! I'm so happy I got them, because I was so sure I wouldn't and I didn't get any at Stockholm either so.. :rolleyes: I'll probably end up giving the other one to my best friend who was at Stockholm too and didn't get it..but only if it REALLY matters to him an he begs me :lol:

Liam
21-09-2009, 06:47 PM
We were 3 (Chavi, Carlaatje and I), and we arrived BEFORE 9pm :D

Oh i only saw 2 of you sorry, it was while me and my girlfriend were walking round at 9pm , A girl with ginger hair and a chinese girl i think?

We were the 2 drunks singing yellow as we walked past you, doubt you remember, we walked past again in the morning and i think you wer both asleep?

Was around 10.30am i think

Khalplay
21-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Then you saw Carla and Chavi around 9pm (I was running around the stadium to go to the box office).
You probably saw Chavi again at morning but Carla and I were queuing at the box office at 10:30 am ;)

Jenjie
21-09-2009, 07:06 PM
I had a bus trip to the Bakery this morning to just drive by it. Then was really sad so I took the boat down to Greenwich and spent the day there in the sunshine. Came back the the bloody puppets took my pic getting off the boat at Westminster pier! Fucking hell, the stalker becomes the stalked. :stunned:

http://www.coldplay.com/uploads/IMG_1480%20(Small).JPG

Coldplay Karma works both ways then :D :laugh3: :P

Hi! My first post over here (am usually to be found on The Killers forum :)), I just thought I'd copy and paste my little review and share my pics with you all, even though you've probably seen hundreds by now!

Hey :) Thanks for coming over and sharing. your pics are awesome :D

and that Girls Aloud slot so should have had The Killers in it!

CookyMnstr
21-09-2009, 07:14 PM
and that Girls Aloud slot so should have had The Killers in it!
That would've just killed me!!! But ANYTHING would've been better, it was such a waste of a slot!!!!

I didn't take any pics on the 19th, 'cause I just wanted to enjoy the show, but eventually I will post some sort of review...though I'm sure there's a million by now. :lol:

I haven't even unpacked yet!:shame: and I'm so curious to see what people were saying while we were at the show and read others reviews...it's gonna take ages.

I have to say though, this show was fucking AMAZING. Coldplay, in the rain, in London, surrounded by coldplayers....nothing could be better, nothing ever was.:bomb::bigcry::D

shesawsparks
21-09-2009, 07:33 PM
OK, time to write up my review (sorry, i know i'm a bit late).

I met my friend outside Wembley Stadium Station at 3.30 and we went to queue up. I was quite surprised how near the front we ended up - we were just right of the centre of stage, and about 10 rows back from the ramp on the right hand side of the stage (that may not seem that near to the front to some people but it's the closest i've ever been at a Coldplay concert and considering when we started queuing i thought we'd be much further back!) :shocked2:

The first support act were White Lies. I'd heard a few of their songs on the radio which i kind of liked so i was curious to see what they'd be like live, and i must say i was really impressed! (So much so i went out and bought their album the next day!:D) Girls Aloud and Jay-Z were both OK imo, although i'm not really into either type of music:\

About 15 minutes before Coldplay were due on stage the heavens opened and one or two drops of rain quickly turned into an absolute downpour :stunned: The rain didn't seem to dampen anyone's spirits one bit though, as the opening chords of Life in Technicolour started up the whole place roared into life. As soon as the boys walked on stage waving their sparklers i couldn't have cared less that i was completely drenched, i could've burst with excitement and adrenaline! :wacky::wideeyed::bomb::dance:

Chris sounded amazing all night. The whole band were on top form and every moment seemed all the more special, not just to the crowd but i'm sure to the boys too, because we all knew that this, the last night of the entire Viva La Vida world tour, marked the end of an era. Every song was brilliant in its own right and the atmosphere was absolutely electric throughout, but some songs really stand out in my mind: the mass singalongs to Viva La Vida and a beautiful rendition of The Scientist; Yellow, esp with our "audition" for the X Factor at the end:lol:; Billie Jean; a nostalgic Trouble, which i never expected to see them perform live and left me gobsmacked:shocked2:; Lovers in Japan was even more spectacular than when i saw them perform it at the O2 arena :wideeyed: I almost died when they came down to the end of the right-hand ramp (is that the B stage or the C stage?!:confused:) to perform a few songs - they were at most about 20 feet away from me :dead::dead::dead: Chris was so humble and he kept thanking us all for singing along and even started referring to us as "the choir of London.":D

I can't think what else to say now, except that we had a fantastic night and i know i'll never forget it. It was my friend's first Coldplay concert and he loved every second of it!:D:heart:

I have quite a few videos which are uploading as i type but it's taking ages - i will post them as soon as they're all done!:) In the meantime, i've posted all my piccies here http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481104563&ref=profile#/album.php?aid=2036131&id=1481104563&ref=mf :D

karenb51
21-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey :) Thanks for coming over and sharing. your pics are awesome :D
Thanks!

and that Girls Aloud slot so should have had The Killers in it
I don't think my brain could've handled that. I didn't manage to get tix for the Warchild gig and looking back, it was probably safer that way! :lol: Too much awesomeness for one stage.

I wish it was 9pm Saturday night again :cry:

The first support act were White Lies. I'd heard a few of their songs on the radio which i kind of liked so i was curious to see what they'd be like live, and i must say i was really impressed! (So much so i went out and bought their album the next day!:D)
Glad to see you enjoyed them that much! They are a fabulous band, I saw them at R1's Big Weekend and was hooked. I wish they'd had a longer set on Saturday, but I'm seeing them on their own tour in December so I didn't mind too much.

Liam
21-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Then you saw Carla and Chavi around 9pm (I was running around the stadium to go to the box office).
You probably saw Chavi again at morning but Carla and I were queuing at the box office at 10:30 am ;)

So what time did you guys start queuing? I could never queue for that long, you must of been really tired!!
Me and the girlfriend walked round wembley about 3 times on the friday night, im suprised you didnt wait outside the entrance/exit where Coldplay (or 1 of them) exited in a getaway car lol

Maltkvist
21-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Came to wembley around 1.pm on friday (!), and was there until the concert on saturday :)

johkujii
21-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Were you front row? And didn't you mix up with the people queueing for friday? :uhoh:

Liam
21-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Came to wembley around 1.pm on friday (!), and was there until the concert on saturday :)

Were you outside on the friday night and your friends had gone to see the concert?