w1ll1am7
23-08-2009, 10:13 PM
brotherly love

tauiwi
23-08-2009, 11:55 PM
A solo album will be incredible.

w1ll1am7
24-08-2009, 12:08 AM
it would, in all honesty, who wouldn't enjoy it?

howyousawtheworld
24-08-2009, 12:10 AM
A Noel Gallagher solo would be in my view an incredible success.

tauiwi
24-08-2009, 01:15 AM
Exactly. Last album completely written by NG was Be Here Now, and before. It all got weaker when 'democracy' was introduced. It's clear where the talent lies.

w1ll1am7
24-08-2009, 01:50 AM
hahahehe, yeah. People and writing rights, silly business

Lyla27
24-08-2009, 12:50 PM
F**kin' nightmare yesterday at the V! I only bought tickets to see them there. I couldn't believe it when they were showing the message on the screen that Oasis pulled out!
I hope for the next and final gigs next weekend but I'm a little bit scared.

tauiwi
24-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah you got dogged.

deaths_friend
24-08-2009, 02:01 PM
both brothers were at the man city game over the weekend and they were quite animated throughout. something must of happened on sunday.

The Gutless Wonder
24-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Not that I'm bothered as I couldn't care less about Oasis but I think the fans were being a bit harsh to start booing them when they didn't even know the reason at that time. Still, I'd probably be booing too if I was forced to watch another 30 mins of Snow Patrol or something! :laugh3:

strawberry_swing
29-08-2009, 04:58 AM
That's terrible for all of you that had to experience that at the V Fest. I myself got to see them in the States last winter and I loved the show they put on. And, you know, I'd like to say my 'eulogy' on Oasis. They may have had their problems and their fights and both of them come off as douchebags; I know this. But they, no matter the press, have always put out music for their true fans and while the newer stuff may not be Definitely Maybe or Morning Glory, it's still Oasis and it's still real music that they put their hearts and a lot of soul into. Sure, compare them to the Beatles. Let them be the semi-Beatles (because no one can be the beatles) of a later generation. They have a collection of songs that will always be classic and at least they speak the truth. They are probably one of the last best bands out there right now. They may not have stormed up the charts; but it's all about image now. How can you compare Oasis with Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus and Nickelback and all of these newer acts? You can't. I find it impossible. This is my opinion and I will greatly miss them...until (hopefully) Noel writes another Talk Tonight and we're back on. Doesn't look like it though...

Tnspieler1012
29-08-2009, 05:03 AM
While this may just be much ado about nothing, a noel solo album intrigues me. Maybe he could open for Paul Mccartney...

BlueberrySwing
29-08-2009, 10:42 AM
While this may just be much ado about nothing [...]

I hope so, but to be honest: I don't think so. :bigcry:
But time will show if it's really over. That's no fitting end for one the best bands ever!

cleeson7
29-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Leave your tributes for a great band who sadly split up in Paris last night. They were certainly respected by the memeber of coldplay.

Leave your tributes to a great band

FlorianLey
29-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Thinking of their music, its sad...
So many great songs.
Considering their behaviour, thanks god, finally they split!

iPsy
29-08-2009, 01:00 PM
They HAVE NOT split, Noel has just quit the band!

Lyla27
29-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm feeling so sad! It should end in another way :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

howyousawtheworld
29-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Oasis will come back in a few years after a few Noel solo records. If not then it'll be because Liam's still carrying on with project with poor consequences. Liam has to realise that if he waits a few years then all can come back to him rather than continuing with a band that is simply not Oasis.

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Such a sad day. :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsSeverusSnape
29-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Oh that's almost the same thing...

howyousawtheworld
29-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Such a sad day. :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Just makes you realise how great they were. Even The Times have said it's the end for the greatest rock n roll band from the UK. They WERE music and everyone knew it and the reaction just tells you that they were one of the finest band Britain produced AND they were the sound of the 90s.

howyousawtheworld
29-08-2009, 02:54 PM

Yep. Just makes you realise how great they were. Even The Times have said it's the end for the greatest rock n roll band from the UK. They WERE music and everyone knew it and the reaction just tells you that they were one of the finest band Britain produced AND they were the sound of the 90s. Who else can boast a back catalogue of songs like Live Forever, Wonderwall, Don't Look Back.., Some Might Say, Importance of Being Idle..... greatest UK band since The Beatles.

iPsy
29-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Oasis played near me, Bridlington, on August 20th, I just missed out on getting a ticket and was gutted :(, Now I may never see them all together EVER! :(

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Yep. Just makes you realise how great they were. Even The Times have said it's the end for the greatest rock n roll band from the UK. They WERE music and everyone knew it and the reaction just tells you that they were one of the finest band Britain produced AND they were the sound of the 90s. Who else can boast a back catalogue of songs like Live Forever, Wonderwall, Don't Look Back.., Some Might Say, Importance of Being Idle..... greatest UK band since The Beatles.

Agreed. You don't know what you have...until it's gone. :\

Oasis played near me, Bridlington, on August 20th, I just missed out on getting a ticket and was gutted :(, Now I may never see them all together EVER! :(

The same thing happened to me! They played in Camden last December and I missed it.

Now, I may never get another chance. :bigcry:!!

iPsy
29-08-2009, 03:27 PM
:bigcry:

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 03:28 PM
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:!

iPsy
29-08-2009, 03:33 PM

No, I am seriously SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO upset, Noel was a genius! The song's he that he sung were the best! The Masterplan, Importance of being idle, little by little.....plus he was the songwriter! :(

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 03:36 PM
It just won't be the same.

iPsy
29-08-2009, 03:36 PM
I certainly hope not :(, NOEL NEEDS TO COME BACK THOUGH! :bigcry:

iPsy
29-08-2009, 03:39 PM

Liam needs to grow up! :veryangry2:

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 03:43 PM
He just really needs to learn to think before he acts.

He does this stuff because he doesn't think Noel considers him... but it's the dumbest things you could do to get your brother's attention. :confused:

iPsy
29-08-2009, 03:51 PM
:(
I'm listening to Oasis now, and am close to tears! :( :bigcry:

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I cried last night.

Now, I think I'm in disbelief. :\

iPsy
29-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I only found out this morning :(.....by my dad! He was on the computer this morning and told me when I woke up! I was shocked, my older brother who is 22 is in the RAF and he is A MASSIVE FAN OF OASIS, I wonder if he knows, I'll have to give him a ring, he will be devestated, he grew up with them....

They were the band that got me into music, Don't Look Back In Anger was the song actually, I will never forget that song or any of their music....an end of an era!

They were supposed to do a show today and tommorow and to be honest I can't see why Noel couldn't of at least grin and bare the shows with Liam and then quit the band other than dissapoint thousands of fans :(

EDIT: Stop Crying Your Heart Out! :hug:

flickahidalgo
29-08-2009, 04:47 PM
I am going to miss them!

MK
29-08-2009, 05:11 PM
What happened is so sad. Not really a fan of theirs but I liked some songs. I hope all of you will get through this hard situation soon. :hug:

greatest UK band since The Beatles.

In your About Me section: MEGA Coldplay fan - greatest band in the world by far!

:thinking:

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 06:04 PM
...and to be honest I can't see why Noel couldn't of at least grin and bare the shows with Liam and then quit the band other than dissapoint thousands of fans :(

EDIT: Stop Crying Your Heart Out! :hug:

He's been working with his brother for 18 years now. I guess Noel's felt like he's had enough. :cry:

And you have no idea how my times I've listened to that song today.

Mojo Pin
29-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm so fucking sad... this is the end of an era :bigcry:

howyousawtheworld
29-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Big Oasis week on Coldplaying in a couple of weeks?

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 06:18 PM
All you people who've seen them in concert are so damn lucky. I find out about their December show one week after... and it's the biggest thing I regret right now.

I should've been looking for tour dates more. :bigcry::bigcry:!!!!!!

winigwl
29-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Big Oasis week on Coldplaying in a couple of weeks?

i agree

iPsy
29-08-2009, 06:33 PM
I should of camped out over night in Bridlington to get tickets :bigcry: but I needed money first...:( :bigcry:

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I didn't have any money in December. I prolly' would've starved to see them anyways... 'specially if I knew what happened yesterday. :sad:

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Already been posted in the other thread, but I guess I'll post it in here as well.

29/08/09
Dearly beloved, it is with a heavy heart and a sad face that I say this to you this morning.

As of last Friday the 28th August, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock'n'roll pop group Oasis.

The details are not important and of too great a number to list. But I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.

I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band. Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing. Again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

In closing I would like to thank all the Oasis fans, all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing (and I hate that word, but today is the one time I'll deem it appropriate). A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a family and a football team to indulge.

I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a fuckin' pleasure.

Thanks very much.

Goodbye.

NG.

Well written, but so sad. :bigcry:

iPsy
29-08-2009, 07:44 PM

Thanks for posting!

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Don't throw it all away! Don't throw it all away! At the end of the day!!!

iPsy
29-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Morning Glory has gone to Number 33 in the iTunes chart in the UK! :bigcry:

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 07:58 PM
It's like they died.

I feel like something in me has died.

:sad:.

iPsy
29-08-2009, 08:07 PM
It's such a weird feeling....

coldplay_is_louve.
29-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh, I forgot about this.

YouTube - Oasis - Cum On Feel The Noize

This was amazing.

iPsy
29-08-2009, 08:12 PM
LOVE THAT! :D

howyousawtheworld
29-08-2009, 10:21 PM
And what about this.

YouTube - Oasis - I Will Believe (Live)

coldplay_is_louve.
30-08-2009, 01:43 AM
So many classics. :cry:

Black Rose
30-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Noel solo album next year?

coldplay_is_louve.
30-08-2009, 01:51 AM
Probably. :sick:

deaths_friend
30-08-2009, 06:54 AM
YouTube - OASIS - Cigarettes & Alcohol - Live in Buenos Aires 2009 - Great crowd - Original release

YouTube - Noel Gallagher nearly cried singing Don't Look Back in Anger .. Argentina 2009 .. Oasis

Noel will miss nights like this.

brazzo
30-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Noel will go back to the band;)

stemot1978
30-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Fucking gutted.

iPsy
30-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I don't know if this has already been posted, but:

There has been trouble brewing in the Oasis camp for some years if recent reports are to be believed.

But things apparently came to a head backstage in Paris when brothers Noel and Liam Gallagher reportedly came to blows.

A witness to the scene told The Sun: "It all kicked off after a few jibes were thrown back and forward between them. It got totally out of hand very quickly and all the pent-up anger just exploded.

"Noel is so mild-mannered and above it all, but everyone has a breaking point.

Luckily the fisticuffs were broken up rapidly but an angry Liam had one last blow to land.

The source continued: "The fight was split up quickly but Liam smashed up one of Noel's guitars to make his point.

"That was it. The last act of anger that Noel could put up with. He just doesn't need the hassle any more."

The spat appeared to be the straw that broke the camel's back for Noel who made the following announcement on the band's website: "It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight.

"People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

According to the Sun, Liam has since told pals that Oasis would continue without Noel but don't expect a reunion any time soon.

howyousawtheworld
30-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Noel's latest blog seems as though it's the last rites. Usuallly those blogs would end with "Later" or "Catch you later" but this time it just ended with a simple "Goodbye".

iPsy
30-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Liam and Noel's mum has said that she thinks that they will re-unite!

The Gallagher brothers’ mum has revealed that she thinks that the Oasis split will not be permanent.

Peggy Gallagher insisted that Noel and Liam Gallagher love one another and that they have "got over" fights in the past.

She told the Sunday Mirror: "They do love each other, but they’ve always been very different. The funny thing is, they didn’t fight as children. They didn’t fight until they started the band.

"I hope this isn’t the end of Oasis. I don’t think it is. They’re just tired at the end of the tour. They’ve had fights before and got over it."

Last night, however, Noel Gallagher suggested the finality of the split in his eyes by writing on the Oasis website: "The level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a174672/oasis-mum-i-think-oasis-will-reform.html

coldplay_is_louve.
30-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted, but:

There has been trouble brewing in the Oasis camp for some years if recent reports are to be believed.

But things apparently came to a head backstage in Paris when brothers Noel and Liam Gallagher reportedly came to blows.

A witness to the scene told The Sun: "It all kicked off after a few jibes were thrown back and forward between them. It got totally out of hand very quickly and all the pent-up anger just exploded.

"Noel is so mild-mannered and above it all, but everyone has a breaking point.

Luckily the fisticuffs were broken up rapidly but an angry Liam had one last blow to land.

The source continued: "The fight was split up quickly but Liam smashed up one of Noel's guitars to make his point.

"That was it. The last act of anger that Noel could put up with. He just doesn't need the hassle any more."

The spat appeared to be the straw that broke the camel's back for Noel who made the following announcement on the band's website: "It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight.

"People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

According to the Sun, Liam has since told pals that Oasis would continue without Noel but don't expect a reunion any time soon.

That's going to be terrible! There is no Oasis without Noel. C'mon, Liam, talk to your brother.

And I agree with this completely. Noel doesn't get angry very easily... but... his brother can pick at him just enough to get him ticked.

Liam and Noel's mum has said that she thinks that they will re-unite!

The Gallagher brothers’ mum has revealed that she thinks that the Oasis split will not be permanent.

Peggy Gallagher insisted that Noel and Liam Gallagher love one another and that they have "got over" fights in the past.

She told the Sunday Mirror: "They do love each other, but they’ve always been very different. The funny thing is, they didn’t fight as children. They didn’t fight until they started the band.

"I hope this isn’t the end of Oasis. I don’t think it is. They’re just tired at the end of the tour. They’ve had fights before and got over it."

Last night, however, Noel Gallagher suggested the finality of the split in his eyes by writing on the Oasis website: "The level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a174672/oasis-mum-i-think-oasis-will-reform.html

I hope she's right. God I hope she's right!! :uhoh:

tauiwi
30-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Right, this is the first time I have been on coldplaying since the announcement of ths split, and it is safe to say that I am fucking devastated. This is some of the worst news of the year, but I am a keen follower of the band and I am not at all surprised by how recent events transposed.

I grew up idolising Oasis. Dad was from the UK so of course throughout my childhood and teenage years, Oasis were my heroes. Their music has inspired many other bands across Britain to pick up a guitar, produce in-your-face, ballsy British rock that has seen my record collection grow exponentially ever since.

I will always cherish the one time I got to see the band live. It was the start of summer 2005 in Melbourne, on the 'Dont Believe The Truth' Tour, and it was the second gig that I had been to - a bloody fantastic night, walked outside in the torrential rain and felt like I was on the biggest high of my life. The news of the band splitting up is a real shame as Australia has missed out on an Oasis tour of the country to promote their recent album, Dig Out Your Soul - a fantastic record. Liam's vocals had been in top shape, the live gigs had been going well but unfortunately the Gallaghers just couldn't hold it together any longer - the breaking point had been reached.

As for the future, I don't know what it will hold. It seems odd to have a #1 favourite band where all four members are still alive and are in prime form, but just lack the ability to cohesively work together. I always thought that if Oasis showed any of the work ethic Coldplay do then they could have achieved greater, sustained success throughout the world. From what I have read so far from the news, it looks like Oasis fans will still be treated to some Gallagher brilliance in the coming years. But we all know two things - if, and when Noel puts a solo record out it will be incredible, and secondly, when Liam rushes his album out in the coming months it will be utter shite. I personally hope their focus is on regaining the passion for music, to take a couple of years off to regather themselves, and to have another crack at Oasis in a couple of years time.

In the meantime, Oasis is dead. So that means you should be rushing out to record stores and buying the entire back catalogue, you fuckers, and put Oasis back to #1 in the charts again like you did for Michael Jackson.

coldplay_is_louve.
30-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Well said, my friend, well said. :cry:.

Prospekt.
30-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Liam can't even fucking sing anymore.

Spoon
30-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Noel solo album next year?

Yes, please!

Lizzybear
30-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I never liked the Oasis boys. I just loved the music they made. So it's only sad bc they won't be creating anymore great music together. Unless, Noel and & Liam make solo albums, which they probably will if they stay separated. And I would only listen to Noel's in that case anyway.

howyousawtheworld
30-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Liam's voice live is dodgy at times now because he has to raise his voice but is still perfect in recording.

coldplay_is_louve.
30-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Liam's voice live is dodgy at times now because he has to raise his voice but is still perfect in recording.

It is. I think it doesn't sound very good sometimes due to a lack of caring. :\

I could be wrong, though. Maybe he's just losing it. :shrug:.

howyousawtheworld
30-08-2009, 10:52 PM
It is. I think it doesn't sound very good sometimes due to a lack of caring. :\

I could be wrong, though. Maybe he's just losing it. :shrug:.

I don't think he's losing. Also a Noel solo album would get that craving off him which might, after a while, re ignite his hunger and desire for Oasis, something that's been lacking the past year.

Mojo Pin
30-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Right, this is the first time I have been on coldplaying since the announcement of ths split, and it is safe to say that I am fucking devastated. This is some of the worst news of the year, but I am a keen follower of the band and I am not at all surprised by how recent events transposed.

I grew up idolising Oasis. Dad was from the UK so of course throughout my childhood and teenage years, Oasis were my heroes. Their music has inspired many other bands across Britain to pick up a guitar, produce in-your-face, ballsy British rock that has seen my record collection grow exponentially ever since.

I will always cherish the one time I got to see the band live. It was the start of summer 2005 in Melbourne, on the 'Dont Believe The Truth' Tour, and it was the second gig that I had been to - a bloody fantastic night, walked outside in the torrential rain and felt like I was on the biggest high of my life. The news of the band splitting up is a real shame as Australia has missed out on an Oasis tour of the country to promote their recent album, Dig Out Your Soul - a fantastic record. Liam's vocals had been in top shape, the live gigs had been going well but unfortunately the Gallaghers just couldn't hold it together any longer - the breaking point had been reached.

As for the future, I don't know what it will hold. It seems odd to have a #1 favourite band where all four members are still alive and are in prime form, but just lack the ability to cohesively work together. I always thought that if Oasis showed any of the work ethic Coldplay do then they could have achieved greater, sustained success throughout the world. From what I have read so far from the news, it looks like Oasis fans will still be treated to some Gallagher brilliance in the coming years. But we all know two things - if, and when Noel puts a solo record out it will be incredible, and secondly, when Liam rushes his album out in the coming months it will be utter shite. I personally hope their focus is on regaining the passion for music, to take a couple of years off to regather themselves, and to have another crack at Oasis in a couple of years time.

In the meantime, Oasis is dead. So that means you should be rushing out to record stores and buying the entire back catalogue, you fuckers, and put Oasis back to #1 in the charts again like you did for Michael Jackson.

Very well said, i feel the same way.

Josh42
30-08-2009, 11:14 PM

Fucking brilliant words. What you said about all four members being in prime form...really reminds me of the way The Beatles split ya know? They were still absolutely brilliant and they just decided to call it quits, like Oasis has done to us today.

winigwl
30-08-2009, 11:16 PM
has the band officially broken up yet?

Black Rose
30-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Not that I have heard, only Noel has walked out.

Although that is like Chris walking out of Coldplay or Bono walking out of U2.

tauiwi
31-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Yeah, its not as if the public have given up on Oasis, the stadiums are packed, they're in top form. Liam's voice in recordings is still amazing. Where the hell do Gem and Andy fit in all of this? If Liam and Noel do record solo albums next year, poor Gem and Andy may have to be participants in both of the productions, since they seem to get on well with both the lads. I'm gutted for the fans who missed out on their last shows, too... it's not a good look for the band's PR (which is up shit street at the moment)... but as Noel mentioned, he hit breaking point and there was no way they could have completed the last few gigs of the tour.

I know everyone would love solo albums, I just hope they sort their shit out first. I think Oasis have 2 more albums in them, and after that they can do all the solo albums they like. Although for Liam's sake he probably needs to do one as soon as possible because I can't imagine him putting out any decent solo material in his 50's....

howyousawtheworld
31-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Also still selling very good records even when it looked half there albums were half arsed. Dig Out Your Soul - a fantastic record but since Noel didn't write the last 4 songs of that album, it was half arsed. What's more annoying is the fact Gem Archer said Noel left 3 number one songs off the album. Was Noel deliberately sandbagging for some reason or another?

coldplay_is_louve.
31-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Agreed. I don't think it should end like this. :sad:.

Two more albums could be great, but if Noel's hit his breaking point then he shouldn't be forced. I don't want the man to be miserable.... he won't play or sing well if he is. It's his decision... but I'm still hoping he'll change his mind.

This is just... not right. :cry:

indanomati
31-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I feel bad for all the fans =/

Group hug!

coldplay_is_louve.
31-08-2009, 01:52 PM
:hug::hug::hug:!!!!

I don't think he's losing. Also a Noel solo album would get that craving off him which might, after a while, re ignite his hunger and desire for Oasis, something that's been lacking the past year.

That's true. We might just have to wait.

But if we do wait... and it does happen... I'm afraid it's going to be super different. :\

I don't know what to think.

howyousawtheworld
31-08-2009, 02:27 PM
:hug::hug::hug:!!!!

That's true. We might just have to wait.

But if we do wait... and it does happen... I'm afraid it's going to be super different. :\

I don't know what to think.

But isn't that what people wanted?

p.s has anyone read James Delingpole's Daily Mail and Telegraph articles?! It's hilarious since he's an upper class shit who basically doesn't like Oasis for being "common" and plebs. No surprise that the man likes Radiohead then.

coldplay_is_louve.
31-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Hah, I really don't know why people want Oasis to change. They were perfect the way they were. :sick:

:dozey:... People really don't know music when they hear it.

howyousawtheworld
31-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Hah, I really don't know why people want Oasis to change. They were perfect the way they were. :sick:

:dozey:... People really don't know music when they hear it.

Fair point. Why should bands find new sounds when they have THEIR sounds?

coldplay_is_louve.
31-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Fair point. Why should bands find new sounds when they have THEIR sounds?

Exactly. Some people can't tell the difference between having a style and playing the same thing over and over...

howyousawtheworld
31-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Exactly. Some people can't tell the difference between having a style and playing the same thing over and over...

Changing style is something that too many people expect from bands these days. It'd be like David Beckham swapping football for tennis.... but he doesn't because football's what he's best at and he'll stick with it. Like Oasis and their style. Doesn't make them any worse a band. In fact it's better because THEY KNOW where they stand.

tauiwi
01-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Well the #1 songs that Noel was hoarding would include 'Stop The Clocks', but more importantly 'I Wanna Live In A Dream (In My Record Machine)' which are top class songs.

As if Liam has any material ready to go in the months ahead, he's crazy. If the band Oasis are to go ahead without Noel, who the hell will fill his spot???

Tnspieler1012
01-09-2009, 12:41 AM
lol, I just chuckled at the thought of Liam singing Don't Look Back In Anger and the Masterplan...

coldplay_is_louve.
01-09-2009, 12:50 AM
^^I don't even want to think about that. :uhoh:

RadioMad
01-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Oasis is not dead.
It only suffered a severe brain seizure this week.

However, the brain might be damaged but the body is not.

Josh42
01-09-2009, 12:52 AM
lol, I just chuckled at the thought of Liam singing Don't Look Back In Anger and the Masterplan...

Hahaha same...

tauiwi
01-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Nightmarish.

howyousawtheworld
01-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah that's weird because origionally Noel was meant to sing Wonderwall, and Liam to sing Don't Look Back In Anger. Apparently Oasis did a demo of Liam singing Back In Anger during recording sessions for What's The Story.

coldplay_is_louve.
01-09-2009, 01:45 PM
They have to work this out. They just have to.

Or music will never be the same. :bigcry:

TryWhistlingThis
01-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Forgive me for the innordinately large post, but i'm a massive fan with a real passion for this band. Here's my thoughts on the last few days that have passed:

You can say what you like about their behaviour and borrowing from The Beatles, but they were still brilliant. I love them and nothing could ever change that. Many people say that since 1997, anything released by Oasis has not been worth it. I passionately disagree with this. Since 2000, they've gone on to doing some of their most amazing work. I know a lot of people will agree with this, but it's struck a chord with me and I couldn't be prouder of the band. I'm especially delighted with their latest, Dig Out Your Soul, this is my second favourite Oasis album.

Sadly, the animalistic personalities stood in the way of the genius of this band being truly realised. Had they shed their use of coarse language and pontificating themselves as "the worlds greatest band", I really see no reason why they couldn't have been as big as Coldplay. Anytime I talk to someone who puts this band down, they always express their dislike for the Brothers before discussing the music. In fact, people who express a dislike for the band only know about 2 or 3 of their songs!

I absolutely adore the talent of Noel Gallagher in the same way I do Neil Finn, Paul McCartney and Chris Martin. A lot of people around here disagree with this (understandably which is why I don't bother taking the discussion too far), but over the years, Noel Gallagher (I don't mean the whole band here, just Noel as a singer and songwriter) has proven that he can be just as poignant and melodic as Neil Finn and Chris Martin. Musically and lyrically, I consider Noel, Chris and Neil to be of the same class.

There, I said it. You're perfectly welcome to disagree, but in my ears, there is an unsung, underrated genius in Noel just as there is Neil and I can't imagine my opinion of that changing - ever. I love Noel Gallagher.

Personally, as much as i've enjoyed seeing Liam's growth as a songwriter over the years, I wouldn't want to see Oasis without Noel. In fact, i'm more open to a Liam-free Oasis than to lose Noel. In a funny sort of way, I am happy for Noel. Lately, in interviews, i've noticed him becoming less and less enthusiastic about music. His attitude seems to stem from his working environment, so maybe it will help him turn a new leaf and find a new found enthusiasm to record, tour and love music.

Therefore, the split certainly doesn't come as a surprise given that 1997, along with Cool Britannia, should have killed the band, but it didn't (which is a testiment to the strength of the band). Any life that the band has endured since this era has been a bonus. In my opinion, they went on to do some of their best work and break the mould of simply being a Beatles tribute act.

My only fears that remain is that recently, in his Blogs, Noel not only explicitly states his farewell to Oasis, but there's also some undertones of him maybe leaving music. I hope i'm wrong, but he hasn't really expressed any intention to go at it alone, instead, he's just said cheers and left it open. I certainly hope this isn't the case as i'd love to hear some solo stuff from him. I sincerely believe that some of Noel's most intelligent, heartfelt and innovative work has yet to be heard.

They will be missed.

tauiwi
01-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Good to know there is some equal Melbourne support.

TryWhistlingThis
01-09-2009, 04:27 PM
We're a dying breed!

coldplay_is_louve.
01-09-2009, 04:41 PM
:bigcry:!!

strawberry_swing
01-09-2009, 05:28 PM

Oh, god. Please, let's not have anymore heartache. I can imagine it and it's not a pretty sight.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2615733/Sun-poll-shows-fans-support-Noel-in-Oasis-break-up.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2614577/Noel-Gallagher-brands-brother-Liam-moron-after-Oasis-quit.html

I don't know if you've read these stories from the sun, but it has more info; like the fact that both can go on singing Oasis songs...but they have to pay each other performance royalties if the other sings songs not written by him so...sucks for Liam! At least it's possible to imagine Noel singing Wonderwall and Don't Go Away, as seen on his acoustic gig. :)

Gilda
01-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Oasis was a good band. I `ll miss them.

coldplay_is_louve.
01-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Oh, god. Please, let's not have anymore heartache. I can imagine it and it's not a pretty sight.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2615733/Sun-poll-shows-fans-support-Noel-in-Oasis-break-up.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2614577/Noel-Gallagher-brands-brother-Liam-moron-after-Oasis-quit.html

I don't know if you've read these stories from the sun, but it has more info; like the fact that both can go on singing Oasis songs...but they have to pay each other performance royalties if the other sings songs not written by him so...sucks for Liam! At least it's possible to imagine Noel singing Wonderwall and Don't Go Away, as seen on his acoustic gig. :)

I'm still so upset.

Like, really depressed.

But when reading this, I laughed.

It's like they're getting divorced. :P

howyousawtheworld
01-09-2009, 08:39 PM
People tried their best to get rid off Oasis post 1997 but it didn't work because post 2000 people actually realised they were good musicians who made fantastic music not a party piece band for Britpop and Cool Britannia. Be Here Now was released days before a huge world event that shocked everyone. The album was meant to be the latest episode of a crazy, partying Britain. Everyone was high... but then Princess Diana died. The country's big party had come to an abrupt, permanent halt and no one was prepared to listen to such rollercoaster rock n roll. Yes Diana's death signalled the end of Britpop and Cool Britannia and people wanted to leave Oasis there as a 90s party fad but that thankfully failed because in the end they didn't represent Britpop or Cool Britannia but represented great rock music which people wanted to continue listening to. NOT because they were a 90s brand BUT because they were a great rock n roll band.

strawberry_swing
02-09-2009, 04:30 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2617704/Oasis-split-lamented-using-2004-film-Downfall.html

This is a new Sun online article and it feature the Furher himself, Adolf Hitler, ranting about how he missed Oasis in Germany. :D LMAO!

howyousawtheworld
03-09-2009, 12:55 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2617704/Oasis-split-lamented-using-2004-film-Downfall.html

This is a new Sun online article and it feature the Furher himself, Adolf Hitler, ranting about how he missed Oasis in Germany. :D LMAO!

The one where he was Rick Roll'd had it's moments!

YouTube - Hitler gets Rick Rolled

Famous Old Painter
03-09-2009, 12:22 PM
:laugh3:

the_gloaming09
03-09-2009, 08:01 PM
haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6IyGAvbOs4

howyousawtheworld
03-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Have you seen the one to his reaction of watching "2 Girls 1 Cup"?

the_gloaming09
03-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Have you seen the one to his reaction of watching "2 Girls 1 Cup"?

no

howyousawtheworld
04-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Apparently Liam has ruled out any chance of seeing Noel and himself perform on the same stage ever again. He saying "it's over" possibly suggesting that he won't continue the Noelless band.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/09/03/liam-gallagher-tells-waiter-i-m-not-going-back-to-oasis-115875-21643635/

BlueberrySwing
05-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Interview with Noel from 1994, now entirely published for the first time.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/sep/04/oasis-noel-gallagher

coldplay_is_louve.
05-09-2009, 01:42 PM
:sad:.

Black Rose
06-09-2009, 12:27 AM
How long will it be until the first Oasis re-issues come out?

Rad-Cold
06-09-2009, 12:31 AM
after all
youre my wuonderwall!

howyousawtheworld
06-09-2009, 02:10 AM
How long will it be until the first Oasis re-issues come out?

I'd give it 5 years before swanky new re issues of DM and Morning Glory. Talking of which who's getting the re mastered Beatles cd's? I certainly am! Cannot wait.

P.S Where are the re masters of The Smiths back catalogue? Terrible shame.

tauiwi
06-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Im getting a couple of the beatles albums, prob. sgt peppers, revolver, and another... can you reccommend another?

I cant afford to buy all of them, cos muse, the big pink and cribs have albums out this week too...

fuck thats going to be $120 for 6 albums

coldplay_is_louve.
07-09-2009, 03:01 PM
YouTube - Noel Gallagher: I'll never leave Oasis - interview

This made me sad. :disappointed:.

BlueberrySwing
07-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Im getting a couple of the beatles albums, prob. sgt peppers, revolver, and another... can you reccommend another?

I'd recommend Abbey Road, but whatever choice you'll make, all of them are good.

howyousawtheworld
08-09-2009, 02:38 PM
YouTube - Noel Gallagher: I'll never leave Oasis - interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yGuq1GCjZg)

This made me sad. :disappointed:.

Where did your Noel signature go??!

coldplay_is_louve.
08-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Where did your Noel signature go??!

I just felt like changing it. I'm still in mourning of course, but I have a new Noel signature ready to go after this one.

Oh, my...:disappointed:.

howyousawtheworld
09-09-2009, 12:48 AM
I just felt like changing it. I'm still in mourning of course, but I have a new Noel signature ready to go after this one.

Oh, my...:disappointed:.

Oh, that's okay then because there's nothing worse seeing you without a dedication to Oasis.... oh but AIDS is a bit of a shitter so only ONE things worse

coldplay_is_louve.
09-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Don't worry, I'm changing it to a newly made Noel one.

Just remind me not to change it for a while.

I feel naked without it. It's sad that I even need it. :bigcry:.

EDIT: That feels better.

coldplay_is_louve.
09-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Videos that I've been watching over, and over, and over again.

YouTube - Oasis - Rock 'N' Roll Star [Electric Proms 2008]

YouTube - Oasis - Slide Away (Live at Wembley Arena 2008)

YouTube - Oasis Sunday Morning Call acoustic

YouTube - Morning Glory - Oasis (HD)(Live)(Electric Proms 2008) 720p

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:!!!

tauiwi
11-09-2009, 12:28 PM
for religious reasons, this thread gets my 2,000th post.

deaths_friend
11-09-2009, 12:54 PM
congrats. heres to another 2000 posts and many many more. or you could just do an Oasis. ;)

too soon? sorry!

tauiwi
11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
lol I may, just don't break my guitar.

TryWhistlingThis
11-09-2009, 01:49 PM
I just hope Noel isn't saying goodbye to music. I'm open to him moving on from Oasis, but we need something haunting and moody from Noel's solo repertoire. Something along the lines of Gas Panic, Part of the Queue or Waiting for the Rapture would satisfy nicely.

coldplay_is_louve.
11-09-2009, 05:04 PM
The fact that we don't have any photos of Liam on his knees on Noel's doorstep makes me worried.

I thought they'd make up by now. :bigcry:!!!

howyousawtheworld
11-09-2009, 07:23 PM
If Noel makes incredible solo albums I think in all honesty we will quickly forget the grief of Oasis splitting up.

TechnicolorGreenEyes
11-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Oasis' last 2 albums were pretty forgettable anyway.

TryWhistlingThis
12-09-2009, 11:07 AM
If Noel makes incredible solo albums I think in all honesty we will quickly forget the grief of Oasis splitting up.

Me too. That's why i'm actually open to the idea of Noel going solo. I love his voice and his songwriting, sometimes i've felt that Oasis have held his creativity back. He actually wanted Dig Out Your Soul to be more experimental but Liam wouldn't allow it since he thinks "Oasis is not a keyboards band". I've always been open to anything that Noel has to offer. Hell, i'll accept a spoken word album right now.

Oasis' last 2 albums were pretty forgettable anyway.

I can't agree there. Don't Believe The Truth demonstrated their maturity, meanwhile Dig Out Your Soul screamed their versatility and growth as musicians and song writers. DOYS it actually my second favourite Oasis record. "Waiting for the rapture", "Falling Down", "The Nature of reality" and "The Turning" can't be refused.

howyousawtheworld
12-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Me too. That's why i'm actually open to the idea of Noel going solo. I love his voice and his songwriting, sometimes i've felt that Oasis have held his creativity back. He actually wanted Dig Out Your Soul to be more experimental but Liam wouldn't allow it since he thinks "Oasis is not a keyboards band". I've always been open to anything that Noel has to offer. Hell, i'll accept a spoken word album right now.

I can't agree there. Don't Believe The Truth demonstrated their maturity, meanwhile Dig Out Your Soul screamed their versatility and growth as musicians and song writers. DOYS it actually my second favourite Oasis record. "Waiting for the rapture", "Falling Down", "The Nature of reality" and "The Turning" can't be refused.

An ignorant view point. Their last two albums were a fantastic couple of albums after the dull time wasting of Heathen Chemistry and the hit or miss SOTSOG. And I won't even go on about Be Here Now.

TechnicolorGreenEyes
12-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Ah yes my opinion about an album is ignorant, good one.

The last 2 albums both have good songs spattered about but for the most part are pretty mediocre.

deaths_friend
12-09-2009, 03:18 PM
obviously a true fan is going to love their band does no matter what they do. i find it very difficult to put down albums by my faves (refer to signature) even though most of them havent brought out a "good" album in a while i still think everything they do is amazing.

i dont think oasis's music over the last decade or so has been particularly bad. just their earliest work was sooo incredible, to the casual observer of the band the new stuff is pretty damn average.

howyousawtheworld
12-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Ah yes my opinion about an album is ignorant, good one.

The last 2 albums both have good songs spattered about but for the most part are pretty mediocre.

You're just a casual listener who only likes their radio friendly music.

coldplay_is_louve.
13-09-2009, 09:41 PM

Noel is pretty incredible.

Really incredible, actually.

I don't know if I'll completely forget it but, I know I'll certainly feel better.

*Sarah*
13-09-2009, 09:54 PM
^agreed...

tauiwi
14-09-2009, 01:54 AM
I'm pretty much over the whole split thing. Just looking forward to find out in Jan whether Liam continues the band and who he may pick to join...

howyousawtheworld
15-09-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm pretty much over the whole split thing. Just looking forward to find out in Jan whether Liam continues the band and who he may pick to join...

It'd be an absolute failure. Having Oasis without Noel Gallagher would be like having biscuits without cheese.

deaths_friend
16-09-2009, 02:08 AM
so if Noel brings out an album on the same day as "Oasis" would you guys buy both or just Noel's?

tauiwi
16-09-2009, 04:16 AM
Both. For sure. I will still support a Noel-free Oasis, because there is a glimmer of hope.

howyousawtheworld
18-09-2009, 01:11 AM
so if Noel brings out an album on the same day as "Oasis" would you guys buy both or just Noel's?

Definitely Noel's solo album. Oasis album? It just wouldn't be Oasis would it. Don't know if I'd get it.

Soufiane
18-09-2009, 01:53 AM
i see you guys talking about Noels solo album, does he really have any plans for that or just shitty rumors ?

howyousawtheworld
24-09-2009, 12:29 AM
i see you guys talking about Noels solo album, does he really have any plans for that or just shitty rumors ?

It's a certainty from my point of view and I'm sure from his!

howyousawtheworld
30-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Razorlight want Noel Gallagher to produce songs for them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/09/29/light-job-for-noel-115875-21708697/

tauiwi
30-09-2009, 11:37 PM
When pigs fly.

howyousawtheworld
01-10-2009, 05:49 PM
When pigs fly.

Let's hope not.

coldplay_is_louve.
06-10-2009, 05:16 PM
It's sad that I had to bump this thread.

It's... it's like they're old news now. :bigcry:

tauiwi
07-10-2009, 12:41 AM
I see Jay Z wants to collaborate with Liam... maybe add CM to make it a threesome?

coldplay_is_louve.
08-10-2009, 04:38 PM
An awesome threesome! :wink3::P

BlueberrySwing
08-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I see Jay Z wants to collaborate with Liam

Do you have any sources for that really strange assumption? :lol:

tauiwi
08-10-2009, 10:08 PM
stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/

scroll down a bit

howyousawtheworld
09-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Nah. Liam Gallagher would just call Chris Martin a plant pot again or something like that. I would have loved to have seen CM shout "FUCK OFF" to him whilst he said that.

coldplay_is_louve.
09-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Why hasn't this all blown over yet?!?! :bigcry:!

howyousawtheworld
09-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Why hasn't this all blown over yet?!?! :bigcry:!

Ahh, you still deeply saddened by this all. Don't worry, when Noel releases his great solo album, everything will be fine!

coldplay_is_louve.
09-10-2009, 09:43 PM
That would make me happy. :wacky:

howyousawtheworld
09-10-2009, 09:58 PM
That would make me happy. :wacky:

It would make us all happy particularly if he were to include this song in it!

YouTube - Oasis new song - If I Had A Gun..(?)

BlueberrySwing
09-10-2009, 10:12 PM
stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/

scroll down a bit

Thanks.

@coldplay_is_louve: I feel exactly the same.
YouTube - Oasis - Don't look back in anger

The thought that there'll never be something like this again...:cry2:

coldplay_is_louve.
11-10-2009, 01:05 PM
^^:disappointed:.

It would make us all happy particularly if he were to include this song in it!

YouTube - Oasis new song - If I Had A Gun..(?) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20cSWSnmNW4)

Oh, how I love this song.

If his album is like that song....

maybe this all was a blessing in disguise. :P

Soufiane
11-10-2009, 01:07 PM
do you guys have hope on their reunite ?!

coldplay_is_louve.
11-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Since it's been so long since it all happened...

I don't think there's much hope. :cry:

*Perrine*
11-10-2009, 03:29 PM
They were separated during quite a long time the last time they had a huge fight, so we never know...
But I feel like it's over :\ Waiting for Noel's solo album then !

howyousawtheworld
11-10-2009, 05:12 PM
do you guys have hope on their reunite ?!

I'd give it ten years. But if Noel's solo career goes so well which it probably will, then it's probably the definite end. Who knows? As long as Noel and Liam reconcile.

howyousawtheworld
12-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Liam Gallagher gutted about Oasis split!

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/47788

coldplay_is_louve.
12-10-2009, 08:33 PM
The man doesn't make sense. :thinking:

He seems heartbroken, then goes on to trash his brother randomly.

Be normal for once, Liam.

howyousawtheworld
12-10-2009, 08:38 PM
The man doesn't make sense. :thinking:

He seems heartbroken, then goes on to trash his brother randomly.

Be normal for once, Liam.

That's the problem. You can never take that man seriously.

*Perrine*
12-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Absolute radio just played the Masterplan :wacky:
Now I'm listening to this radio all the time, this is just the best radio !

coldplay_is_louve.
12-10-2009, 08:39 PM
That's the problem. You can never take that man seriously.

Uuugh.

I guess we'll have to see what Noel says to get the normal side of the story. :dozey:.

Soufiane
13-10-2009, 12:56 PM
i've checked out the online Pretty Green store .. nice stuff but not that excelent.

tauiwi
13-10-2009, 01:12 PM
It's way too expensive.

coldplay_is_louve.
17-10-2009, 03:48 PM
The video on Oasisinet is SO sad. :bigcry:

*Perrine*
17-10-2009, 06:25 PM
What is this video about ?

BlueberrySwing
17-10-2009, 09:09 PM
The video on Oasisinet is SO sad. :bigcry:

Do you mean the one with the Heaton Park footage? It definitely is. But I like the video about Heathen Chemistry, it shows the greatness of this band.

coldplay_is_louve.
19-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Do you mean the one with the Heaton Park footage? It definitely is. But I like the video about Heathen Chemistry, it shows the greatness of this band.

Agreed.

And Perrine, it's the video with the Heaton Park footage. I saw it on the Oasisinet.com front page. "Married With Children" is playing in the background. :disappointed:

tauiwi
10-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Oasis fans should join my group on facebook!

A little part of me died when Oasis split up (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=171230807004&ref=ts)

coldplay_is_louve.
11-11-2009, 02:37 PM
^^I would most definitley join, but I don't have a Facebook. :shrug:

Acquiesce
15-12-2009, 01:20 PM
i'll join ...

Btw i've read an article 'bout oasis
Liam says they are making a new album and he says : "We already have 3 song and they're fucking sounding amazing."
But it's without noel...
But what's oasis without noel ? :bigcry:

tjames921
15-12-2009, 07:26 PM

Not Oasis.

howyousawtheworld
15-12-2009, 08:21 PM
i'll join ...

Btw i've read an article 'bout oasis
Liam says they are making a new album and he says : "We already have 3 song and they're fucking sounding amazing."
But it's without noel...

I'm sure that that is just going to be under Liam Gallagher solo project rather than Oasis. Gem and Andy will effectively become his backing band.

ViVA Child
15-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm sure that that is just going to be under Liam Gallagher solo project rather than Oasis. Gem and Andy will effectively become his backing band.

i am visiting for this thread for the first time so... hello

oasis w/o noel is
bread without butter
its a blind man with binoculars
its vodka without cranberry juice

...its awfull!!!
uhg!!!

coldplay_is_louve.
15-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I can't believe it's been four months already... and no change. :bigcry:

tauiwi
15-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Hear the new "working" title for Liam's band...... Oasis 2.0..... pretty lame.

howyousawtheworld
15-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Well what I'm STILL waiting for is a Noel Gallagher solo album!

tauiwi
16-12-2009, 06:21 AM
That won't come until 2011. More excited about how the Oasis album will turn out due mid-2010! (to see how different it will be in quality)

ViVA Child
16-12-2009, 07:48 AM
i have a feeling its not going to be as good

i seroisly want to kidnap those two and lock them in a small room till they sort things out completely and once and for all

tauiwi
16-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Don't we all. I'm just hoping they're happier.

ViVA Child
16-12-2009, 08:08 AM
i know

for all the sadness all the fans are feeling

i hope at least noel is happy

if he was miserable as well.....

it'd be a level of fail i couldnt even put into words

tauiwi
16-12-2009, 08:10 AM
They're probably way happier. Noel gets more time to hang out with his mate Russell Brand, and Liam gets more time with the kids, and to make an album which he likes doing more than touring

ViVA Child
16-12-2009, 08:29 AM
yeah im sure noel prefers being in the studio to touring

... he never struck me as a people person lol

i wonder if their sales will flop w/o Noel
record and concert sales

tauiwi
16-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Well the "new" oasis will NOT play any of Noel's songs, or any old Oasis tunes according to Liam. So they'll only tour new material.

ViVA Child
16-12-2009, 10:48 AM
well thats going to suck massive cow nipple!

an oasis concert is moot without dont look back in anger and morning glory.... and some might say

coldplay_is_louve.
17-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm pretty damn sure I'm not going to be an "Oasis 2.0" fan, but always be waiting for the good Oasis to come back to life. :disappointed:

But I'm excited to see if Noel puts out a solo album. Would LOVE to see him in concert. :wacky:

Acquiesce
17-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Noel is just "amazing" (and he hates that word ! )
I really want to hear his solo-stuff ! it will be great !
and I also like Russell Brand so... If they hang out :D !

Noel and the word : Amazing
YouTube- Noel Gallagher on Jay-Z and stupid singers

Acquiesce
31-12-2009, 12:09 PM
YAY ! next NME tissue !
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac357/GuitarShadow/oasiscoverL221209.jpg
:dance:

tauiwi
01-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Fookin love it.

niksaan
01-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Noel is a genius. Amazing genius. :D I don't know how "Oasis 2.0" will manage without him. :rolleyes:

Acquiesce
06-01-2010, 08:18 PM
hello ,
does anybody knows were I can order that magazine....
They don't sell it in Belgium :(
thanks !

tauiwi
06-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Ebay may have a few copies, maybe next week?

iPsy
06-01-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't normally get NME....but I am getting this issue! :D

Acquiesce
09-01-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't normally get NME....but I am getting this issue! :D
ok but where do you buy it ?

Acquiesce
15-01-2010, 09:53 PM
YAY :D
I've got the tissue ! :dance:
It's f*cking hilarious !!
I love it !!!
some hot pictures in there ! :sneaky:

I'm in a 'Oasismania' mood at the moment !

muzika
27-01-2010, 02:53 PM
I really love Oasis, it never gets boring to listen to them. It's a bit sad that they split up. On the other hand it's wrong to make music where you feel uncomfortable. And I hope that Noel will make solo albums cause his song writing ability rocks.

Acquiesce
28-01-2010, 05:24 PM
^idd :D Once , they'll come back together ! They have to ! :confused:
Yay another Oasis fan^ ! :dance:

coldplay_is_louve.
30-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Why can't everyone just be friends and make wonderful music again?? :bigcry:

I'm really anticipating Noel's first contact with the outside world.

tauiwi
30-01-2010, 12:06 PM
According to NME, the new Liam-Gallagher led "Oasis" is putting an album out THIS SUMMER!!

Liam Gallagher: 'My post-Oasis album will be out by July'
Plus singer regrets the band's 'poor' workrate (http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/49457)

Liam Gallagher's new band are aiming to release an album by July.

The singer says that his new group – featuring former Oasis bandmates Andy Bell and Gem Archer – had eight songs, and are aiming to head into the studio soon.

"A lot of these songs I wrote before the band [Oasis] split up," Gallagher told XFM. "I mean, there's a few new ones on there that are coming out now."

He added: "We're going in [the studio] in April with a producer, we're going to do three songs with him and if he doesn't balls it up and we don't balls it up then we'll go in and do the whole album with him."

Gallagher suggested he was keen to get on with the new, still nameless group - saying he regretted the fact that Oasis only made seven albums in the 16 years they had a record deal. He called the amount of music Oasis' put out in their career "poor", and chastised the band for taking so long to produce new material.

"Seven albums for Oasis is not good, I don't think. We've been going 18 years, 16 years or whatever and all we've done is seven albums. Ian Brown's on his seventh solo album. I just think it's poor, really," Gallagher said.

"I'm not going to beat myself up about it, I think we should have made better, bigger albums. Or more albums. Having like four or five years off is just no good," he added. "Obviously Noel (Gallagher) wanted a bit of time off and we don't. The band split in August – we was in the studio in November 'cos we're mad for it."

Elsewhere in the interview, Gallagher said he wants to appear on 'I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here or Total Wipeout – but only if no other contestants are involved.

"I'd like to do all that shit," he said, before adding that Total Wipeout is his favourite reality TV programme of the moment. "They do it in Argentina. I'd love to do it on my jaxy, with no one about."

muzika
30-01-2010, 01:24 PM
"Seven albums for Oasis is not good, I don't think. We've been going 18 years, 16 years or whatever and all we've done is seven albums. Ian Brown's on his seventh solo album. I just think it's poor, really," Gallagher said.

...it's not about quantity Liam, it's about quality...

coldplay_is_louve.
30-01-2010, 06:50 PM
^^This.

Acquiesce
07-02-2010, 12:43 PM
bump :D

The Oasis tread can not die !
Oasis live forever !!
At the moment Oasis is my number 1 , even better than Coldplay ! :o

Noel Gallagher is giving a concert 25 - 26 / 04 in London for Teenage Cancer Trust..
Anyone attending ? I tried to have tickets but the site crashed , and i was to late :bigcry:

tauiwi
07-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Well considering Liam isnt calling the new band OASIS............

Acquiesce
27-02-2010, 08:33 AM
^ I hope the new band won't call Oasis ,
If they're not good , and you say you love Oasis ... :\

If've heard an unreleased song somewhere from Noel ...
It sound great ! :awesome:

muzika
27-02-2010, 05:59 PM
I hope Noel will go on. at least on his own, cause hes just brilliant.
of course the best thing would be if oasis reunited. but it's too late, because Liam is already moving on.
but who knows ;)
never lose hope :D

coldplay_is_louve.
28-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Oasis 2.0 will suck, I'm almost one hundred percent sure of that.

If Noel doesn't put out a solo album and tour, I will have no hope left in humanity.

muzika
28-02-2010, 07:42 PM
don't write them down too soon!
I mean "songbird" and "out of time" (or smth like that i dont remember the name) are also good songs, so i dont think that they will suck.
of course they will not be the same, because Noel was oasis, mainly liam was just a voice

coldplay_is_louve.
28-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, but personally, I don't think Liam's voice is that great anymore.

I just don't see how they can go on.

:shrug:

muzika
28-02-2010, 08:12 PM
i think on the last tour his voice got better, just before they broke up.

hopefully, soon we will see how liam will go on. when is the new record going out? oct? or am i mistaken?

Acquiesce
18-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Bump !

I wouldn't say Liam's band will be that bad ...
Ain't Got Nothin is from Liam and it's a greaaaat song ! :)
Btw , Oasis may have split , but we can go to more concerts ! Noel and Liam ones :P

I've bought Familiar to millions yesterday ! finally ! I'm gonna watch it tomorrow :D

muzika
18-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I can bet Liam is gonna try to sound as less like Oasis/Noel as possible ;D so it could go very wrong xD
I wonder how he's gonna name the new band. Smth really really cool, cause it's the main thing form him :inquisitive:

Acquiesce
18-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't think he's gonna try to not sound like Oasis ....
He'd sad they probably will play some Oasis songs at their new gigs ..so ...
Smth ? Never heard of it ?

muzika
18-03-2010, 11:03 AM
I think he has too much pride to sing Noel's songs. Though he did that when Noel left Oasis around 1999/2000. So who knows ;D
Smth= something :lol:

Acquiesce
18-03-2010, 11:09 AM
I think he has too much pride to sing Noel's songs. Though he did that when Noel left Oasis around 1999/2000. So who knows ;D
Smth= something :lol:

yeah , but you can call Songbird an Oasis song ...
He probaly will sing that one ...

btw : Don't you think he looks wierd in that video ? (Liam)

muzika
18-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Well, yeah, he's deffinately will be playing Songbird, Out of Time and some others which he wrote (and I don't remember the titles ;D)

In which video?

Acquiesce
18-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Well, yeah, he's deffinately will be playing Songbird, Out of Time and some others which he wrote (and I don't remember the titles ;D)

In which video?
songbrid ; He looks like a girl :\

muzika
18-03-2010, 11:33 AM
^ That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the video :lol:
I love the part when he chases a dog and few moments later dog chases him xD

Acquiesce
18-03-2010, 11:35 AM
^ That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the video :lol:
I love the part when he chases a dog and few moments later dog chases him xD

yeah , that's idd a good part !

I have a video of Noel Talking about the video and song ..
I'll post it later !

muzika
18-03-2010, 11:40 AM
yeah , that's idd a good part !

I have a video of Noel Talking about the video and song ..
I'll post it later !

I'd love to see it ;)
Wait, i think I remember seeing something about Noel saying that he took out all the drums of the song and made it shorter :inquisitive:
post it anyway, cause I'm not sure if it's the same video ;)

Acquiesce
18-03-2010, 12:53 PM
YouTube- 7th-Feb-2003 - Noel Gallagher - Patrick Kielty's Almost Live Show, BBC Northern Ireland - Part 1

Noel is hilarious! :laugh3:

:D

muzika
18-03-2010, 01:22 PM
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Acquiesce
18-03-2010, 01:48 PM
If you click on the black square in my sig you go to my youtube account ....
There is much Oasis stuff on it! :D

Acquiesce
18-03-2010, 01:49 PM
EDIT : YouTube- Noel Gallagher funny Interview

muzika
18-03-2010, 01:53 PM
^ oh, I've seen it. memory game xDD
though I'm gonna watch it again :D

Acquiesce
18-03-2010, 02:00 PM
I've edited the post !
This one is much funnier

muzika
18-03-2010, 02:10 PM
*sniffs* Fucking trees xDD Always getting in the way :DD

tauiwi
18-03-2010, 10:29 PM
New single news

http://theamarar.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-single-for-new-oasis.html

muzika
20-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Never let this thread die >.<

coldplay_is_louve.
22-03-2010, 03:46 PM
So.

"Up In The Sky."

Is like.

The best song ever written.

:freak:.

Acquiesce
22-03-2010, 03:50 PM
New single news

http://theamarar.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-single-for-new-oasis.html

"Nevertheless Oasis fans will be excited by the news of a future release."
F course ! :dance:

"Knowing the amount of material he writes he could have a whole album done by October"
:dance::dance:

"Up In The Sky."

Is like.

The best song ever written.

:freak:.
Everything on definitely maybe is great ! :D

muzika
22-03-2010, 04:29 PM
"Knowing the amount of material he writes he could have a whole album done by October"

I lol'ed so hard at that one

Acquiesce
22-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I lol'ed so hard at that one

same here ! :D

Acquiesce
22-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Guys, I've created on Oasis group

Would you like to join ?
http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/group.php?groupid=245

muzika
22-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Guys, I've created on Oasis group

Would you like to join ?
http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/group.php?groupid=245
Definately. (Maybe):rolleyes:

coldplay_is_louve.
23-03-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm joining! I'm joining! :cheesy:

Gotta love 'em. :heart:

muzika
25-03-2010, 01:42 PM
http://www.gigwise.com/news/55409/Noel-Gallagher-To-Be-Backed-By-Choir-and-String-Section-At-Royal-Albert-Hall

heheh, it's gonna be great!

coldplay_is_louve.
25-03-2010, 01:44 PM
I wish I could've gone. :disappointed: But it's gonna be fantastic!

busybeeburns
28-03-2010, 03:56 PM
http://akamai-static.nme.com/images/article/liamgallagherpaphotL170210.jpg

Liam Gallagher: 'David Bowie and T-Rex have inspired my post-Oasis album' - video

Liam Gallagher has revealed that David Bowie and T-Rex have inspired his new post-Oasis album. The singer told New York radio station RXP that his new group Ė featuring former bandmates Andy Bell, Gem Archer and Chris Sharrock Ė are aiming to head into the studio next month with a view to completing the record in June before releasing it the following summer. Watch the video below.

"Andy and Gem are on fire at the moment," he enthused. "There's a bit of T-Rex and Bowie on there, Iím telling you there's a good mix of psychedelia but thereís some good rock 'n' roll tunes on there [as well]. We're going to record halfway through April, we've got three weeks to do some tunes and if it's all cool we'll go back in June and finish it off. I'd like to have a tune out in October and then put another one out after Christmas and then the album in the summer."

Although he has had several public digs at his brother Noel, who also had his first jovial pop at his younger sibling at his second Teenage Cancer Trust gig at the Royal Albert Hall last night (March 26), he did admit that the pair's new material will be "an exciting time for music".

"He'll go and do his thing and we'll go and do our thing and it'll be an exciting time for music not just in England but worldwide," he said. But he still had the last word adding: "Noel's record will be good and ours will be better."

The singer said that they still haven't spoken since Noel quit the band last August but he admitted that they "will at some point". He also revealed that a new Oasis singles collection will be released in the near future and he criticised the UK music scene.

"There's a few good bands but there's a lot of bands just making fast food music," he said. "It's not digesting well, they're not making albums. You hear a good tune on the radio and go out and buy the album and it's not all that."

Elsewhere in the interview, Liam explained his recent comments about U2 and Coldplay's dress sense and he joked they should go out and buy his own clothing range Pretty Green, which he is currently promoting in the US. "I've met Bono before and he's a geeser but someone asked me about fashion and you can see a lot of bands are styled like Coldplay and you know they don't buy their own clothes and you should, you should buy Pretty Green," he said before adding: "Coldplay are alright but they donít do it for me that much, they're not rock 'n' roll enough man. They live all around the corner from me so I donít want to say too much in case they come round and give me a paper cut."

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/50406

YouTube- Oasis 2.0 Interview: Liam Opens Up (2010) Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ks49pyMnQ&feature=player_embedded)

YouTube- Oasis 2.0 Interview: Liam Opens Up (2010) Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfhfD_f8kzg&feature=player_embedded)

YouTube- Oasis 2.0 Interview: Liam Opens Up (2010) Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1qgHl-Top8&feature=player_embedded)

muzika
28-03-2010, 06:37 PM
It's weird how in most of the interviews when he gets asked about Noel he says that he loves him beacause they're brothers but according to Noel hes being prick to him most of the time o.O

coldplay_is_louve.
28-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I think I'd believe Noel over Liam. Noel has more common sense.

muzika
02-04-2010, 07:41 PM
The bass player from Coldplay
YouTube- Noel Gallagher - Teenage Cancer Trust 2010

there are some good recordings on youtube from that gig.

It was as epic as everybody thought it was going to be ^^

tauiwi
03-04-2010, 09:41 AM
He always says he's the bass player from coldplay

Acquiesce
03-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I just Looove Noel Gallagher ! :heart:
He's so cool ! :cool:
And he looks great too ! :sneaky:

I was stuck in traffic today with my mom :p
I've put on 'Stop the clocks' veeeery loud , ...
And I was thinking " shit ! I know aaall the lyrics but They don't f*cking exist anymore , I will never get the chance to sing this song between other Oasis fans on the front row ...

:(

Acquiesce
04-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Bump !

"They live all around the corner from me so I don’t want to say too much in case they come round and give me a paper cut."
:laugh3:
Liam - Coldplay
1 - 0

:p

muzika
04-04-2010, 01:01 PM
^^ yeah, that is kond of sad indeed ://

^the paper cut thing was hillarious ;DD

Acquiesce
04-04-2010, 02:41 PM
this tread is getting alive again !